Acacia Network Employee Reviews

Productive working with the kids
CASAC Counselor for the Youth (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 4, 2017
Loved working with the client's but felt that the upper management so little concern about the clients. At my time there the client's were the most important enjoyable thing about the job.
Pros
working with the adolescent population
Cons
not having support from upper management.
Fair Place to work
Rehabilitation Specialist OPWDD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
Extremely Challenging, long Hours - the hardest part of the job is intervention depending on your position. Overtime available if needed and management is fair. However, benefits are not revealed unless you ask about them.
Pros
Multiple Sites
Cons
Long hours, Mandated Overtime
Salary poor
Shift Supervisor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  NYCMarch 22, 2017
Acacia salary for staff is very poor. The CEO, directors and other higher ups get all the raises .They also don't appreciate their employees. I have been working for this company for 3 years with no pay raise and for the about of work they want out of their employees.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
salary
This is a Very unprofessional company .
Assisting mentally disabled consumers (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 15, 2017
This is a very unprofessional organization. They treat their staff members like trash and cover up a lot of unethical behavior. If they don't like you, they will plot to fire you!
Pros
Building relationships with clients.
Cons
The benefits are not good, the raises are a few cents, no integrity
Work with seniors was great
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 9, 2017
You better not be taking any medications. Unless you've researched them in case they can come up as a positive result in a scheduled drug test. This company won't even give you the benefit of the doub--even when you provide a legitimate doctor's script AND internet sites on the various medications.
Pros
the organization itself
Cons
false negatives on drug test
Productive but informative in a fun way
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 8, 2017
There's much room for improvement within this company, you have so much that you can learn. There is a strict structure, but overall one of the best places I've worked as an adult.
Cons
Unpaid lunches
Too much work
Health Homes Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Administration does not help the staff to produce effective outreach, navigation, and care management. Unrealistic deadlines are always set for the employees and morale is very low.
Case Manager
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, N.Y.January 23, 2017
Acacia treated workers unfairly and working under poor conditions (rodents and roach infested facility). Starting salary for most was $32,000 yearly .
Terrible place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Leadership is corrupt, inexperienced and not fully competent to perform their roles. Confidentiality is nonexistent. Gossip is rampant. Discrimination is prevalent. Many staff are unhappy and stay out of necessity. Nepetism is huge, people are often hired based on who they know and not what they know. I would not recommend this place to anyone that has morals- it is an infectious toxic environment from the executive level all the way down.
productive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Coordinate with social service providing facilities and guide the clients accordinglyDevelop case files and update the same with each and every referral and progressHelp out and monitor the legal assistance received by clients
Very toxic place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 5, 2017
One of the worst place I've worked. There's a culture of nepotism as the only way to advance and job security is to be of Hispanic heritage and have a personal relationship with upper management.
The program director at the LIC location lacks professionalism and on numerous occasions was caught in compromising situations such as gossiping about supervisee. Supervisors lacks knowledge of their job duties and abuse staff to do the supervisor's front line work.
Not much is being done for the clients and lots of paperwork is falsify. Security is poor, especially when drugs are being traffic into the Shelter leading to clients deaths.
Pros
Provide a shelter for homeless women
Cons
Highly unprofessional environment; Lack of staff support
Great for entry level position
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2016
I am grateful to work with a wonderful staff and gain as much experience as I did. The only downfall about the company is once you get into the position you are locked into it. It takes a while for the higher ups to promote you and switching over to another field is almost non-existent.
Pros
Great experience for entry level and benefits.
Cons
Locked in whatvever field you statrted in. At times atmosphere can be unprofessional.
A place to start then earn enough to transfer to a new location
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 23, 2016
I am looking to explore other employment. There is no upward mobility unless you are Spanish speaking. This a great place to learn then move on. It's not a place to stay long term.
Productive and Multitasking workplace
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
Great for entry level social workers. You will have a pleasant experience depending on your supervisor. I enjoy being here and I have my own office. There is alot of client interaction and the population is diverse.
Cons
HR is not professional.
Stressful Work Days
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 27, 2016
There is no control when it comes to clients requesting to meet with their respective Case Workers here. From the moment you get out of you car, or hop off the bus arriving to work you have homeless people asking you repetitive questions on a daily basis. The was no organizational structure here, zero time for one's self and we were not allowed to have a personal life. Management always tried to intervene with our personal days off to create an event that is "supposed to be fun and free" but was keeping us at work overtime, without the overtime pay.

See for yourself.
Pros
Freestyle of work
Cons
Too much work expected to be done in 7 hours
Fast pace, rewarding moments
Medical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2016
Working at acacia has been a great experience. Though far from easy dealing with the daily complications of servicing homeless families. Achieving the ultimate goal of finding permanent housing, providing donations, advice, workshops and moral support will always be the highlights of working for Acacia.
Pros
Gain a lot of experience. Rewarding to help others in need
Cons
Lack of structure
It was a learning experience in which you can learn alot from .
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
Acacia network offers alot of learning experiences and allows you to grow in a fast pace environment. You will leave this job knowing some much more .
Pros
Free lunches .
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 13, 2016
I worked to supervise homeless men in a shelter at a hotel by Jfk airport. I enjoyed encouraging the men to get themselves together. I never had a problem with staff and I enjoyed helping the men and sometimes women. I would work there again because they had a good cause, I miss it.
Pros
Pleasant coworkers
Cons
Not much room for advancement
like working with my team
School Activity Specialist, Art Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 29, 2016
my supervisor and coworkers we all have one mission in mind and that's how to make this program better. its obvious that we all enjoy where we work at and the people who work here. when you work with like-minded people I believe you can have the best outcome. its always a productive atmosphere. I really like working with them but it was made clear to me that I probably won't be able to seek a full time job with the organization.
Pros
good and fun workers, training hour are paid, and a few extra paid hours
Cons
no commuter benefits
Quiet place when there's no arguments
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10459September 22, 2016
My time at Acacia network was one spent mostly in a quiet setting however there were times where some of the workers argued a lot. Work was easier than I thought but it was certainly tedious.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Bickering, Gossip, drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8