Acacia Network Employee Reviews in United States

Great for learning assistant tasks
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2016
My first job. Acacia is a wonderful company but the temps aren't treated like part of the company. Granted, it was only a temp job but I wanted to feel like I was doing something helpful for the company.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
can't progress throughout the company
Large organization, equal opportunity employer.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The shelters are fast paced and most with large turn around numbers. Must be able to document well in order to provide clear record of events. I learned empathy and how to enforce rules and regulations. I developed great communication and organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients progress and reach their goals. The hardest part was accepting that some clients are content with their situation and you want more for them and their family than they do.

I would have liked to get more structural guidance from my superiors however being in the field so long I learned how to do most task independently.
Poor Upper management with no direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2016
The COO is a malicious and vindictive person who can't keep staff due to her management skills. No direction and expects results with no supervision. Staff are working in a hostile and destructive environment.
Pros
Cons
Senior managment
Fire Safety Director/ Facilities Mangager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 23, 2015
Supervise daily operations of the building
Learned how to deal with challenging personalities of the clients whom entered the building as the building is a mental health and drug abuse facility
Management was respectful and easily accessible for daily updates
Co-workers were hard working and willing to go above and beyond their asked tasks
Dealing with failed equipment
The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment and a job well done especially on days that are more challenging than others
Excellent
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 15, 2016
Acacia Network has been very good to me and they are an ideal company to work with. The company takes care of its employees to the best of its abilities and gives them many oppurtunities.
Former employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QueensApril 8, 2016
You will have to work over schedule daily to get your work done. Very disorganized. Staff are not knowledgeable and over worked.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
No lunch over worked over demanding
fun place to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2015
i worked there for a year and had to leave the job because i moved out of the area, but it was a great place to work. i worked with the infancy and toddler i was a teacher aide there and it was a really good environment to work at have everything necessary to make the work place comfortable
Good misson
Affordable Housing Fellow (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2016
This company has a good mission and do a lot of good for the Bronx. There are many different divisions that all have their strengths and weaknesses. For the most part, employees seem happy.
Acacia network is a leader in Healthcare
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyOctober 16, 2015
I worked at the organization when it was United Bronx Parents, Acacia took over four years ago. it was a great experience, but I wanted to further my skills at another organization.
Pros
there are lots of resources
Cons
leadership is not consistent
Great for gaining experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2015
I learned a great deal of skills relative to social services. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet expectations that were mostly unrealistic based on limited resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was networking and gaining experience in social services.
Pros
Experience and training in social services
Cons
large work loads for low wages, unfair and unsanitary work environments.
Poor upper Management and no structure or accountability
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  bronx, nyApril 24, 2015
Although this agency is quite large it is poorly managed from the top down. It appears the interest in aquiring more programs and absorbing more agencies is priority to fixing existing programs that are obviously floundering.

The staff are over worked and under paid and very disposable. There is a "pass the buck" mentality and clear scapegoating. This agency has a terrible track record of keeping staff. There is no supervision and no emphasis on professional growth or development.

It is apparent that there are unqualified individuals in very high positions who do not know nor care what is happening. The only directive is "get it done" without help or direction. If you do it wrong then there are punitive consequences. This type of environment of fear is unnecessary and intolerable.
very productive and Meanful
Residential Aide / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
I love this jobs because i love helping and working with people and while being apart of this company i did just that.To me it felt good to help the people at my job because they really needed the assistance .all of the people that came into my job are homeless and are looking for housing and Gainful employment and i love that what i did help them to Achieving those goals.
Pros
room for growth and ability to be cross trained for other positions
Cons
shorts breaks, sometimes none depending on the situation.
a typical day at work consist of keeping order in the shelters, great people to work with. Management can be tiring and repitious.
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  queens new yorkFebruary 9, 2015
Theirs not much to tell, I just began this new experience and theirs a lot to learn and I'm eager to jump in with both feet. working as a case worker in this field move swiftly so you must pay attention and accurate.
If you speak the language you are better than your skills
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work is busy, unending interruptions, leading to a face paced and demanding environment. The more you give the more they take. Promises are empty. If going to work is the hardest thing you do all day, perhaps the work is the problem. Surviving the benign conversations of people who want nothing more than to compare themselves to you in every way to be interesting. Autonomy is wonderful way to work.
Pros
autonomy, no micromanagement
Cons
no lunch breaks
Look Elsewhere for a Career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros
The company has a family atmosphere and colleagues generally have a lot of respect for each other. The company is in a growth phase. The work/life balance is ok.

Cons
There is rampant nepotism here. Despite touting a highbrow "Values" statement, ethics and morals at this place are truly nonexistent. IT department is a mess. The CEO and COO are impotent; the CFO has all the power, and he rules this place from an ivory tower and with an iron fist. There is no upward growth in this company because there is no value placed on training or career development.
Pros
see below
Cons
see below
Unorganized management
Community Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2014
Meeting with and assisting clients to reach their goals and documenting their progress towards change and independent living.
I've learned that if you put in the effort with each client they give it back to you.
Management is mediocre.
Co-workers are fun to work with but are becoming frustrated due to management.
The hardest part of the job is our concerns not being heard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others to bring about positive change in their lives.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the feeling that staff concerns are not important
Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working here. These were the best years of my life.

It's too bad I am not there anymore.

Sometimes we have to move on to learn more
Pros
good benefits, great team players, good pay
Cons
some managers are unfair and take things too personal.
Multi task
Senior Case manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
management needs supportive training
I learned to work with homless families,
The hardest part of my job is address the barriers such as substance, or mental health issues.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
A place where there is a balance .
Mica Case manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2013
I am greeted at my door with clients needs and there need to see me. I greet the clients that are in the cafeteria then proceed to my office where I print my calendar. My co workers make their way to my office with information of clients that would like to see me and any messages that where left for me. The overall of my day is calling and receiving calls for clients. Any services that are needed to help them with Independent living plan.
Pros
i love the work that i do . i feel like my life has a purpose.
Cons
my pay rate shoulde be equal to the work that i do.
Family oriented company
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2013
Acacia network is a company that will give one opportunity for growth and first time employers. Ive realized that at times its not beneficial to the company to have non experience personel but if you do you must have great leadership and instructors on board. The hardest part of the job is that your days will be more than 7 hours (w/o being compensated for it) too much nepotism and very latin based. Finding housing for clients who had never had their own and seeing their smiles.
Pros
flexible, do not micro manage
Cons
healthcare too expensive/not enough pay