Acacia Network Employee Reviews in United States

Good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 30, 2016
It was a summer job internship and I loved it . I gained work expirience and was so sad that I could not do it while going to school due to them only having morning shifts.
clinical counselor
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2016
My position is a clinical counselor who provides services to clients who are in need of chemical dependence services. It is a residential program that houses up to 130 clients.
in my forty years of work experience. this has been the lowest place I worked their I have never felt so humiliated in my entire life. they get 0.
Mental health counselor (Former Employee) –  south bronxAugust 11, 2016
I was fired due to verbalizing that I had not being properly trained. I did not learned anything new. co-worker were roudy and very unprofessional. the most enjoyable part was my clients. a typical day at work, was killing time.
The company has supervisors and manger with no even a GED
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prospect Park (Brooklyn), NYJuly 23, 2016
The environment is so terrible, too small space for 4 case worker . The Housing Director in Brooklyn talk to the staff in a very nasty way. She is managing like 25 building in Brooklyn as Housing Director but has no GED . But Acacia ask Housing Specialist to have ASSOCIATES Degree.
In the Bronx is the same. No professional manera with staff .
Excellent
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 15, 2016
Acacia Network has been very good to me and they are an ideal company to work with. The company takes care of its employees to the best of its abilities and gives them many oppurtunities.
Great for learning assistant tasks
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2016
My first job. Acacia is a wonderful company but the temps aren't treated like part of the company. Granted, it was only a temp job but I wanted to feel like I was doing something helpful for the company.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
can't progress throughout the company
Poor Upper management with no direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2016
The COO is a malicious and vindictive person who can't keep staff due to her management skills. No direction and expects results with no supervision. Staff are working in a hostile and destructive environment.
Pros
Cons
Senior managment
Former employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QueensApril 8, 2016
You will have to work over schedule daily to get your work done. Very disorganized. Staff are not knowledgeable and over worked.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
No lunch over worked over demanding
Good misson
Affordable Housing Fellow (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2016
This company has a good mission and do a lot of good for the Bronx. There are many different divisions that all have their strengths and weaknesses. For the most part, employees seem happy.
Large organization, equal opportunity employer.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The shelters are fast paced and most with large turn around numbers. Must be able to document well in order to provide clear record of events. I learned empathy and how to enforce rules and regulations. I developed great communication and organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients progress and reach their goals. The hardest part was accepting that some clients are content with their situation and you want more for them and their family than they do.

I would have liked to get more structural guidance from my superiors however being in the field so long I learned how to do most task independently.
fun place to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2015
i worked there for a year and had to leave the job because i moved out of the area, but it was a great place to work. i worked with the infancy and toddler i was a teacher aide there and it was a really good environment to work at have everything necessary to make the work place comfortable
Fire Safety Director/ Facilities Mangager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 23, 2015
Supervise daily operations of the building
Learned how to deal with challenging personalities of the clients whom entered the building as the building is a mental health and drug abuse facility
Management was respectful and easily accessible for daily updates
Co-workers were hard working and willing to go above and beyond their asked tasks
Dealing with failed equipment
The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment and a job well done especially on days that are more challenging than others
Acacia network is a leader in Healthcare
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyOctober 16, 2015
I worked at the organization when it was United Bronx Parents, Acacia took over four years ago. it was a great experience, but I wanted to further my skills at another organization.
Pros
there are lots of resources
Cons
leadership is not consistent
Great for gaining experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2015
I learned a great deal of skills relative to social services. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet expectations that were mostly unrealistic based on limited resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was networking and gaining experience in social services.
Pros
Experience and training in social services
Cons
large work loads for low wages, unfair and unsanitary work environments.
Poor upper Management and no structure or accountability
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  bronx, nyApril 24, 2015
Although this agency is quite large it is poorly managed from the top down. It appears the interest in aquiring more programs and absorbing more agencies is priority to fixing existing programs that are obviously floundering.

The staff are over worked and under paid and very disposable. There is a "pass the buck" mentality and clear scapegoating. This agency has a terrible track record of keeping staff. There is no supervision and no emphasis on professional growth or development.

It is apparent that there are unqualified individuals in very high positions who do not know nor care what is happening. The only directive is "get it done" without help or direction. If you do it wrong then there are punitive consequences. This type of environment of fear is unnecessary and intolerable.
Multi task
Senior Case manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
management needs supportive training
I learned to work with homless families,
The hardest part of my job is address the barriers such as substance, or mental health issues.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
a typical day at work consist of keeping order in the shelters, great people to work with. Management can be tiring and repitious.
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  queens new yorkFebruary 9, 2015
Theirs not much to tell, I just began this new experience and theirs a lot to learn and I'm eager to jump in with both feet. working as a case worker in this field move swiftly so you must pay attention and accurate.
Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working here. These were the best years of my life.

It's too bad I am not there anymore.

Sometimes we have to move on to learn more
Pros
good benefits, great team players, good pay
Cons
some managers are unfair and take things too personal.
very productive and Meanful
Residential Aide / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
I love this jobs because i love helping and working with people and while being apart of this company i did just that.To me it felt good to help the people at my job because they really needed the assistance .all of the people that came into my job are homeless and are looking for housing and Gainful employment and i love that what i did help them to Achieving those goals.
Pros
room for growth and ability to be cross trained for other positions
Cons
shorts breaks, sometimes none depending on the situation.
Fun
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
This was a nice place to be at times lack staffing and more rofessional people to be in charge. Too many friendships that were promoted and did not have the qualifications
Cons
not a good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9