Acacia Network Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 15, 2016
Acacia Network has been very good to me and they are an ideal company to work with. The company takes care of its employees to the best of its abilities and gives them many oppurtunities.
Great for learning assistant tasks
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2016
My first job. Acacia is a wonderful company but the temps aren't treated like part of the company. Granted, it was only a temp job but I wanted to feel like I was doing something helpful for the company.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
can't progress throughout the company
Poor Upper management with no direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2016
The COO is a malicious and vindictive person who can't keep staff due to her management skills. No direction and expects results with no supervision. Staff are working in a hostile and destructive environment.
Pros
Cons
Senior managment
Former employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QueensApril 8, 2016
You will have to work over schedule daily to get your work done. Very disorganized. Staff are not knowledgeable and over worked.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
No lunch over worked over demanding
Good misson
Affordable Housing Fellow (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2016
This company has a good mission and do a lot of good for the Bronx. There are many different divisions that all have their strengths and weaknesses. For the most part, employees seem happy.
Large organization, equal opportunity employer.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The shelters are fast paced and most with large turn around numbers. Must be able to document well in order to provide clear record of events. I learned empathy and how to enforce rules and regulations. I developed great communication and organizational skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients progress and reach their goals. The hardest part was accepting that some clients are content with their situation and you want more for them and their family than they do.

I would have liked to get more structural guidance from my superiors however being in the field so long I learned how to do most task independently.
fun place to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2015
i worked there for a year and had to leave the job because i moved out of the area, but it was a great place to work. i worked with the infancy and toddler i was a teacher aide there and it was a really good environment to work at have everything necessary to make the work place comfortable
Fire Safety Director/ Facilities Mangager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 23, 2015
Supervise daily operations of the building
Learned how to deal with challenging personalities of the clients whom entered the building as the building is a mental health and drug abuse facility
Management was respectful and easily accessible for daily updates
Co-workers were hard working and willing to go above and beyond their asked tasks
Dealing with failed equipment
The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment and a job well done especially on days that are more challenging than others
Acacia network is a leader in Healthcare
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyOctober 16, 2015
I worked at the organization when it was United Bronx Parents, Acacia took over four years ago. it was a great experience, but I wanted to further my skills at another organization.
Pros
there are lots of resources
Cons
leadership is not consistent
Great for gaining experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2015
I learned a great deal of skills relative to social services. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet expectations that were mostly unrealistic based on limited resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was networking and gaining experience in social services.
Pros
Experience and training in social services
Cons
large work loads for low wages, unfair and unsanitary work environments.
Poor upper Management and no structure or accountability
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  bronx, nyApril 24, 2015
Although this agency is quite large it is poorly managed from the top down. It appears the interest in aquiring more programs and absorbing more agencies is priority to fixing existing programs that are obviously floundering.

The staff are over worked and under paid and very disposable. There is a "pass the buck" mentality and clear scapegoating. This agency has a terrible track record of keeping staff. There is no supervision and no emphasis on professional growth or development.

It is apparent that there are unqualified individuals in very high positions who do not know nor care what is happening. The only directive is "get it done" without help or direction. If you do it wrong then there are punitive consequences. This type of environment of fear is unnecessary and intolerable.
Multi task
Senior Case manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
management needs supportive training
I learned to work with homless families,
The hardest part of my job is address the barriers such as substance, or mental health issues.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
a typical day at work consist of keeping order in the shelters, great people to work with. Management can be tiring and repitious.
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  queens new yorkFebruary 9, 2015
Theirs not much to tell, I just began this new experience and theirs a lot to learn and I'm eager to jump in with both feet. working as a case worker in this field move swiftly so you must pay attention and accurate.
Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2015
I loved working here. These were the best years of my life.

It's too bad I am not there anymore.

Sometimes we have to move on to learn more
Pros
good benefits, great team players, good pay
Cons
some managers are unfair and take things too personal.
very productive and Meanful
Residential Aide / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
I love this jobs because i love helping and working with people and while being apart of this company i did just that.To me it felt good to help the people at my job because they really needed the assistance .all of the people that came into my job are homeless and are looking for housing and Gainful employment and i love that what i did help them to Achieving those goals.
Pros
room for growth and ability to be cross trained for other positions
Cons
shorts breaks, sometimes none depending on the situation.
Fun
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
This was a nice place to be at times lack staffing and more rofessional people to be in charge. Too many friendships that were promoted and did not have the qualifications
Cons
not a good company
A Learning Experience and great job opportunity.
Residential Aide (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2015
It was a temporary position and knew what I was signing for. I was a Residential Assistant at the Radisson Hotel in Jamaica, Queens. The Hotel had partnered with Acacia who had 135 families temporarily assigned there until their individual cases was approved or denied by HRA.

My job was logging in the activities of the shelter occupants and reminding them that they must follow the rules while staying at the hotel and the time that Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner would be available including the curfew time which was 10:00pm in the evening.

I remained in communication with other case workers, my supervisor, and the hotel staff/management to resolve problems with the daily operation of the hotel that was related to the shelter occupants.

The hardest part of the job was informing the shelter occupants that they had to vacate their hotel room in the morning. They was picked up by a vehicle and ordered to go to PATH. I had to clean up the room with their personal belongings in several boxes and placed them in the office until the former occupants had picked them up. I even stayed at the job until 1:00am because something had always came up at the last minute. It had to get done or sometimes in the following day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the shelter occupants. Despite their circumstances, they are human beings and want to do better for themselves and their families. They are determined to not let their current situation determine their present and future.

It was a learning experience for me and I am thankful for it. The job has made me more sensitive
  more... to the plight of others and to always be thankful for what I have in my life.  less
Pros
interaction with other people.
Cons
temporary position.
productive and growth
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2014
I love the interaction and working with people. Helping people and providing service. The hardest part would have to be not enough home time as I would like. Most enjoyable is seeing the client/customer happy and being able to help them reach their goals.
If you speak the language you are better than your skills
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work is busy, unending interruptions, leading to a face paced and demanding environment. The more you give the more they take. Promises are empty. If going to work is the hardest thing you do all day, perhaps the work is the problem. Surviving the benign conversations of people who want nothing more than to compare themselves to you in every way to be interesting. Autonomy is wonderful way to work.
Pros
autonomy, no micromanagement
Cons
no lunch breaks
Helping the Community
Administrative Assistant to CMO (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
Acacia Network is a great place to work, We help the community and is very fulfilling to see the changes we help make in peoples life's
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.