Academic Advantage

Academic Advantage Employer Reviews

Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: paid well
Cons: not enough hours
Tutor a student one on one, so he/she can advance in their academics.
This job is the very definition of independence. The flexibility is awesome and the tutoring is so rewarding.
Math/English Tutor K-12 (Former Employee), Location VariesAugust 6, 2014
Pros: the independence and the rewarding feeling is great. the pay is awesome.
Cons: its not a full time position and i would like to have pay stubs.
I get an email of a list of students in my district. I make phone calls to parents to set up a time,date, and location for tutoring sessions. They take an exam and then determine their academic goals. I review goals with the parents and ask if they agree. Then I tutor them for two weeks and administer another exam at the end. I then present the results – more... to the parents. – less
horrible communication
at home tutor (Former Employee), Fontana; Ontario; ChinoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: excellent time flexibility
Cons: horrible office personel
they always loose paperwork. always. which causes for late pay checks. horrible office employees.
You are your own boss.
Tutor (Former Employee), Reedley, CAJune 12, 2014
Cons: everything comes out of your pocket.
Regardless of working on your own time, the benefits are seeing the child you are tutoring advance and learn a thing or two.
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: summer breaks not paid.
As I tutor I got to work with several individuals in subjects such as Math and English. Most of my students were located in Los Angeles area. I worked one-on-one with students in the privacy of their homes to improve on how to take to pass the California Standard Test.
Enjoyed helping the children with understanding their academics
TUTOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: the entire program was great, full of attributes for the student in the los angeles county unified school district
I tutored 6 children at different times on different days. Once a week we all came together to discuss what we had learned during the week and ask questions about things that may be challenging. The weekly gathering also allowed the children to read out load which assited with hearing and pronunciation of words.

All my children were of mexican descent – more... and were having challenges with communication in class. I found that all the student that were assigned to me have excelled in school today and are on their way to a success educational experience which will lead to a successful professional lifestyle. – less
Private Tutor
Tutor children (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: one on one time with the child, so the child can recieve a better understanding of what is required from them
Cons: going to their houses. some live in dangerous areas
tutor children in the Compton and Los Angeles area. prepare the children for testing and assisting them with homework to improve academic scores
Great company and flexible
Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
I was able to set my hours according to my availability. I tutored children of all ages. Math and English were the main subjects that students had difficulties with. Children enjoyed the activities we taught and improved on test.
Fast-paced environment that demanded accuracy but very rewarding.
Telemarketing Recruiter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: team-work and enjoyable work environment
Cons: professional growth
A typical day would require me to get a list of prospective clients to call, interview them, and set up an interview within a week.

Well at Academic Advantage I learned to connect with clients and have brief small talk to build a relationship.

I learned to have fun but be productive from my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the cancellation – more... of prospective clients, especially taking the time to make a last lasting connection.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and having learned from my managers. – less
Good place to make extra cash
English and Math Tutor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 14, 2014
I’ve read a lot of online reviews, some good, some bad. My experience has been pretty positive for the most part. At the end of the day it’s a job, no better, no worse than any other job out there. The advantages are it pays better than most, the hours are more flexible than most, and you don’t have a boss breathing down your neck.
productive and fun
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Had to go house to house to promote the academic advantage free tutoring program. Helped parents fill out the enrollment application had to take a picture and document every application i helped with and send it to my supervisor .
Fun position
Student Enrollment (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2013
Meet with our team every morning at Starbucks or school site where we will be recruiting/outreaching.
Outreach at different locations such as stores, grocery stores, parks, and door to door.
Meet with our team at the end of the day at Starbucks.
Flexible hours
Tutor, Grades (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 2, 2013
 Evaluated students’ progress in various academic subjects in order to see where improvements can be made
Hard to stand out
Program Manager (Former Employee), los ángelesNovember 7, 2013
Management is very fickle. Job security is really bad. Hard to advance.
fun and fast learning
Program Aide (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 21, 2013
I love working with this company.
my co workers were team players and respectful. I love working with the children
not a bad place
Tutor (Former Employee), los angeles CAOctober 14, 2013
the pay is good but the work sucks.
you get paid once a month so you're always running low on cash
productive, motivating working environment.
tutor/mentor for special eduction (Former Employee), 5777 west century blvd.suite 310October 12, 2013
Pros: good hospitality environment
Cons: short breaks
i enjoy working for the academic advantage company ,i had chance to work with parents and my students making sure they get the best eduction and helping them reach their goals.
Independently working with students who want to strive
Tutor (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 30, 2013
Creating a lesson plan for the student based off their pre-test scores
Work with them for 18 hours a month to prepare them for state exam
Administer post-test
Event Representative
Event Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: part time
In a typical working day, I arrive at the event 15-30 min earlier. I am dressed business casual and need to have the marketing supplies ready. I normally have a partner who will help me distribute supplies and information to costumers. There is not much contact with supervisors, most contact is done by phone or e-mails.
useful resources provided
Tutor (Current Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: online resources. worksheets provided
Cons: have to be internet savvy. schedule tutoring with the parents.
I love kids and it’s been a pleasure and great experience in working with all of my students. Although the money was needed, the experience was beyond the pay. The websites that I was provided with were awesome just because I was able to create worksheets for my students that were fun and educational. I have truly enjoyed working with this company, – more... and I appreciate the chance to help our students have a chance at a decent future academically. During orientation, they mentioned that there would be a 17 dollars an hour penalty. I’m ok with that because I am a true believer that people should be held accountable for not doing their job. I finished the hours way before I had to and I didn't have to worry about this penalty. – less

1 2 3