Academic Partnerships

Academic Partnerships Employee Reviews in United States

Being able to assist
Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Academic Partnerships has a great friendly environment with wonderful employees and also managers. The most difficult part of the job was managing time to contact students who have applied, ones who want to apply, and those whom have already been accepted. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the smiles from the students that I assisted all the way throughout the enrollment process.
Excellent Company
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  remoteSeptember 11, 2015
I write content for college and university websites about online education degrees. They are professional, pay well, pay on time, and give me assignments that are challenging but doable.
Academic partnerships!
Enrollment Specialist/ Financial Aid Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Academic partnerships -

Working for this company is a total experience!
Consistent changes week after week. You are working for colleges that outsource their online degree programs in various fields such as rn to bsn, mba, bsis etc.

Remember this is a call center at the most.

Generalist - basic call center functions
Answer calls and transfer to the enrollment specialist who pitch their best to have a student agree to go to school. Generalist are required to get a number of transfers to enrollment specialist mid month/ full month. Ex. 275 Transfers.

* While this may seem easy, consistent call flow isn't always common. Transfers only count when it is an out bound call.

Enrollment specialist - salesman! This is also a quota lead position! Many people have been fired for not meeting the application goal. The es is also required to meet these goals.

Student services - retention! This is a cake walk! These people basically talk to the student about whatever under the sun! Just to keep the student interested in finishing their degree.
Cons
no moral! makes job harder than what it is supposed to be!
productive
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Speak to customer about theirinterest in going to college.I learned how to give a great presentation about getting to school.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
no job security
Great co-workers, horrible management
Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I wish I did not accept a position with this company. The management makes decision off of emotions. They do not care about their employees and they are all about making sure they are ok and their friends are ok. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Please make sure you are under good leadership before you accept a position with this company
Pros
free lunch once a month, great location
Cons
management does not care about their employees
Great learning environment, excellent training and prepares staff and customers
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Typical day was your goals were set and you accomplished them with focused determintation.
Pros
free food!
Good company with a mission
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2014
This company does a good job running online programs for state universitites.
WARNING: Do not work for this company!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 7, 2014
Honestly I can't believe the reviews are as high as they show on this site because Glassdoor has a much much much more accurate account of what its like to work for this company.
Pros
decent pay is the only thing and even then it isn't worth it.
Cons
everything about this company is a con starting with the top (ceo), you can't trust anyone especially upper management, giving your educated input to better the company and your success gets you fired, inconsistent company with terrible business practices and zero direction, layoffs happen very frequently and things change at a drop of a hat, it is the worst company i have ever worked for and i wish i would have never taken the job
Academic Partnerships has a great atmosphere, lots of positive people,also great leadership and support.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
As an Enrollment Specialist at Academic Partnerships you have to be very detailed oriented and able to meet specific goals using sale techniques.Working at AP has taught me how to effectively implement sales with multiple strategies and also how to overcome objections. I love my job because I am able to assist student in furthering their education and ultimately make a difference in their life. The only downfall to working at AP is there is not a lot of advancement opportunity at this point and time.
Stiff and professional atmosphere, revolving door/ high turnover
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
If I were you, I wouldn't work there unless you just need something right now (desperate for a job). You might not have a job in 6 months though....
Pros
very professional atmosphere, intelligent and motivated employees
Cons
revolving door, high turnover, manaagment makes wild, brash and fast decisions that ultimately result in harsh outcomes to empolyees that are affected
Enrollment Services
Senior Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working with clients from all over the U.S. and this position allows me to do just that. My position is never mundane and affords me the ability to help students attain their educational goals.
Responsible company with an international vision.
Senior Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2014
Wonderful place to work but has limited promotion potential.
Excellent Work Environment, Very Sales Driven.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2014
The work environment is awesome. Daily work life was laid back, with high enrollment projections.
Helpful to Customer
Enrollment Specialist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2014
On the phones with customers who are interested in getting enrolled in school. Help each person through the process. Have a quota to reach each month.
Pros
benefits and vacation
Cons
keep up with quotas and will not hold your position
Good company, but call center environment
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2013
This is a good company to work for, if you prefer to speak to students via email and telephone only, in a call center environment.
Pros
professional staff, room for growth
Cons
call center environment
An unhealthy, unproductive culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas,txJune 29, 2013
I made the wrong decision accepting a position with this company. Accepting a position I had reservations about was my mistake. I accepted because the salary was much higher than I have ever been paid. In fact, they offered higher than I asked for and I got caught up in that.

The position was not what I had expected. Day in and day out I did nothing but extremely manual entries. I did not learn new and enriching things.

The environment is hostile. Everyone is in a constant state of stress and everyone is very unhappy. You can only hear senior management refer to other employees as "idiots" or "incompetent" so many times before you just have to leave. These negative inferences do not promote growth or learning.

There is so much (manual and wasted) work to do that you often work in the evenings when you get home and on the weekends. This is a regular occurrence. The issue is not working extra, but working extra toward something that could be so much less time consuming, but the company refuses to invest in efficient business intelligence.

The turnover rate here is like nothing I have ever seen. New faces pop up weekly and just as quickly do they disappear. I should have seen a red flag when the HR coordinator asked me to start on an orientation day, something they conduct every two weeks. For a company to house two floors of an entire building and have to do orientations for new hires every two weeks (orientations contain 5-10 people) you should know there is an issue with attrition rate.

Beware of accepting a position here.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Managing Project
Sr. Manager, Partner Integrations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxApril 18, 2013
In my current position I have learned to think on my feet, react quickly and adapt fast. I enjoy the flexibility of my scheudle and meeting new challenges everyday. The fast past work day does not bother me as it presents me new ways for me to learn and be creative in solutions.
productive and fun place to work
Sr Partnership Coordinator/ B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXMarch 5, 2013
various departments to work in
fairly new company but some room to grow and advance with company
Pros
promotion within
Cons
not many places to move within
Great Experience
Pier Diem for Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2012
Great Experience working with dedicated people. Growing company with lots of room for growth.
Fun place to work and really laid back environment.
Qualifying Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2012
I love this job but im looking for a full time position. The workday there is very easy just basically have to have great customer service to excell in this job.