Academy Bank Employee Reviews

Academy bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 12, 2018
long hours Monday through Sunday and the pay is terrible, no room for advancement, no time off. I very rarley had time to spend with family, I opened up a lot of accounts for this company and it still was not good enough.
Pros
good experience
Cons
pay sucks
Poor Communication
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2018
The branches are scattered all over the nation, however, more towards the Kansas, Texas area. The remaining branches were operating blindly a lot of the time. We didn't have consistent information between our operations and sales managers. Customer care always misdirected the customers on any inquiries they may have had, including irate customers. We should be able to work together as a team to help meet all aspects of the company, however, we spent too much time being divided, pushed away, or not tolerated to make the vision work as a whole. Our customers see Academy Bank branches, and Academy Bank customer care as though we are two separate companies, overall they preferred the branches. Compensation was not enough, as they company is one of the most take all I can jobs I have ever worked for. You will not have time to spend or have a life outside of work. If you have a family it's horrible, otherwise this job may be beneficial for you. I believed in their vision, however, after 6+ years of working with the company I have experienced let down after let down.
Pros
supporting branches in my region
Cons
Cooperate lack of concern for employees
Do NOT work at academy
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 20, 2017
This is an absolutely horrible place to work, I was a former BCM and I can honestly tell you do not work for Academy Bank The upper management is a complete joke. If you are not buddy buddy with the upper management you are always going to be a target my team was in the top 10% for sales and the top 5% for ops and we were always getting ridiculed for one thing or the next. The work life balanced is horrible I was constantly requires to work 7:45am-7:15pm with no extra pay due to my salary if you want a place of employment that allows you to spend any time with your family this is NOT the place for you. I would strongly recommend never taking a position with the bank.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Management, Work life balance, Culture, Etc
Poor Management
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, CODecember 18, 2017
I would never work their again they underpay and they are not able to keep people working for them. I do have to say they do take the time to train there employees
very relaxed enviorment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 17, 2017
very slow paced work, learned the basics about banking. how to help consumers get the right checking account. Hardest thing about the job is actually opening accounts since it's inside of a Walmart. The most enjoyable part is building relationships with the customers.
Under paid/ over worked
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 13, 2017
I was an assistant manager for the company and had to do everything for my branch. Outages, sales, customer service, along with being expected to run a branch by myself for over half a year and no compinsarion. The only time you receive a bonus or raise is solidly off sales.
N/a
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2017
my typical is being a teller until opening and until 4 or 5 pm when the closer are ready to get on a drawer..
I learned how to handle money in the right way.
Nice environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 25, 2017
Overall, I feel like they care more about getting accounts from new customers instead of paying more attention to customers who already have accounts there and help them with their needs.
if your a single mom dont work here
Retail Banking Teller (Former Employee) –  sterling co, peublo coNovember 14, 2017
they have long hours with one break. the hours are very unfriendly for single parents or just a parent in general. I worked there for 5 years and never got a raise or promotion. if I was that bad they should of let me go but tat wasn't it. they were stingy.
Friendly environment, amazing customers, great working staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2017
I was well trained with all my duties and my management team always encouraged you even if you had made a mistake. Positive surrounding, and I loved that I was able to build relationships with customers
Lack of Resources
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 18, 2017
Lack of resources for the team members. I remember that it felt like there was not a lot invested in the team members from upper management. Also there is not a lot of product selection from the bank as a whole.
Nice
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 1, 2017
Loved it, very friendly. Small bank but they built it bigger and now doing well. The bank was falling but we got it back up and have a lot of customers now
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Boss was prissy
work
Professional Banker I (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 1, 2017
you stand out front and hand out 125 flyers per banker a day is required. process transactions open new accounts make instant debit cards on site micromanagement
Pros
bonus
Cons
micromanagement
A private, family-owned and operated bank that offers a different experience than your ordinary bank
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2017
A regional and medium sized bank that has the guts to invest and compete with the big banks while still placing a priority on understanding and valuing the customer. It's a private, family-owned and operated business and everyone has access to the CEO. Ownership and upper management do not shy away from issues and are constantly evaluating how to improve. The atmosphere is friendly but competitive and strives to maximize the talents of each associate. If you're willing to work hard and are motivated to solve internal and external issues, you will be recognized and rewarded. This banks seeks to grow and profit which can be both exciting and stressful but equally important is maintaining a family-oriented and compassionate environment.
Pros
Private and family owned, with focus on longterm strategies, not beholden to short term profits to appease shareholders
Cons
Lack of investment in blockchain technology
I had a supportive manager who was always willing to help.
Banking Center Manger (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
I would recommend Academy Bank as an employer.
One must be goal oriented.
Must have a go-getter attitude.
good benefit, for the most part, it's a good company to work for.
Na
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Its a great company to work for. The hours at this location is very inconsistent and the branch manager is always taking extra hours off and making it hard to effectively manage time. The company is a great company to work for but I am unhappy with working every weekend and when the branch manager is there its great. I would like to stay inside the company but not under this management.
management
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 28, 2017
MANAGEMENT was great, i honestly loved my managers i worked with! They were a lot of fun and understanding, and if there was a problem you were going through you could always turn to them!
Daily Duties
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2017
Normally my day will start with me reviewing the previous day's numbers and calculating where we are headed compared to the last month' production. A conference call with my Regional Sales Manager will follow. We will cover any new regulations along with plans of attack to successfully market our business and progress the business. After our call I will meet with my team and discuss the day's motives. Meeting with the team individually for coaching opportunities will also be a priority. Solving problems and offering solutions with products for our customers will happen as well. In my six years of banking I have learned so much about rules and regulations in the financial world, customer service, problem solving, sales techniques, and how to manage people; both employees and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a customer come to me with a bad situation and I am able to successfully solve their problem and have them walk away satisfied. The hardest part is as in any sales job is to stay positive when things aren't working and find new ways to be successful
Not professional
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 29, 2017
Needs more older people working there to improve the professionalism. Not a lot of opportunity to move up unless willing to relocate. Hours are not the best, nights and lots of Saturdays required.
Over worked/under paid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 20, 2017
I learned a lot about banking industry here and my co-workers were great; however, upper management can make you hate the place, they treat you as though you are easily disposable and replaceable. You rarely get recognition for helping branches that are short staffed or meeting monthly goals. If you do not meet monthly goals then your job is threatened as it will also be threatened if you are not out front constantly marketing. My specific branch went four months without a manager and I was working constant OT, yet I was constantly criticized for the short comings of the branch, we had no company card so all marketing and cleaning materials were expected to come out of pocket even when I was in between pay dates!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short break, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9