Academy Bank Employee Reviews

Best Starter for New Bankers
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2017
In the beginning working here was fairly stressful, not being able to help customers when need. After the training everything slowly got better over time. Everyday is always different, the main goal is to help customers and get our company name out there. I'm not a fan of the management system unfortunately, I don't think the requirements for managers are very high. Academy Bank has a high turn over rate mostly due to the management.
Pros
Will Hire New Bankers
Cons
Specific locations
Management is a mess
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 15, 2017
this is not a steady job with co workers who are capable of completing even the most minute task. half of my co workers were either recovering drug addicts or multiple DUI's. worst company i have ever worked for. boss was sleeping and partying w/ assistant manager. train wreck. jump ship before it sinks
Okay place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 6, 2017
I loved this company when I first started I moved up quickly, I feel the management leaves you to sink or swim with no real help in the right direction
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Lack of training
Great company where you can make as much incentive as you want
FT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Loved the incentives available for all employees to take advantage of. Was able to work full time while still in college because of their extended night and weekend hours.
it was a fun work place but always on your feet, and marketing
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 25, 2017
it is a good job, and unless you are good at marketing and sale you will not climb. each branch is different but each manager and coworkers are very reasonable and fun to work with,
Good
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 11, 2017
-To open the bank, count your draw then help customers and there needs with there account and then close bank.

-How do open and close accounts and send money wires, cashier
checks, money orders

-I liked and got along with my co workers

-long hours and pay was ok

-help customer I like helping people
Pros
helping people and working with co workers
Decent Entry Level Banking
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538December 28, 2016
Academy Bank is a good starting position in the Banking Industry. They provide on the job training, but there management practices could use some work.
Great place to work with wonderful people
Personal Banker/Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes balancing my drawer as soon as I get in, handling simple transactions all the way to the most problematic but still getting he job done.
Learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSOctober 11, 2016
I've never had a real job like the bank before...it opens my eyes to bigger and better things...helped me take on more responbilaties.All in all decent job
Pros
Built a foundation for my future
Cons
Sucked having to pull the people of Walmart out while they were shopping
Fun environment between customers and co-workers
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 10, 2016
Being able to help people with any issue they may have is rewarding, customer service goes along way for everyone involved. I learned that sometimes people would take they roll as manager as an escape from helping customers, it taught me how to interact with happy customers and not so happy customers and how it is very important to put myself in their shoes. Working with people who procrastinate or lack care for the customers was tough, not everyone wanted to go out of their way to help customers, its was the hardest thing having to apologize to the customers for something that could have been easily avoided. Management would allow this to happen with ease. Through all the rough, by the end of the day it was worth the struggle knowing that I helped someone, small or big problems. They come in to the bank knowing they are in caring hands.
Pros
Getting to know customers on a personal level, improving my customer service.
Cons
Not being able to explain sensitive imformation to customers to help them in the future.
Academy Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COSeptember 20, 2016
Very good bank to start working in the banking industry, just looking for a better place to work and make a living to start my life!!
Opposing extremes are a result of lack of planning by upper management. Advancement and usefulness of work experience are good.
Banker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 18, 2016
Pay is minimal, benefits are a large part of compensation. Management decent, ability to handle personal matters when needed if the store is not busy. Experience is good to help open more opportunities with higher pay. A lot of time sitting around the office when training could occur. Too much work is given to management when other employees struggle to find ways to stay busy. Job culture is not classy. It is satisfactory workplace if employees are okay with sitting around for a large part of their day. The also need to be okay with advancement slowed due to managements' business and reluctance from more experienced co-workers to teach things like account opening. This is because commissions are attached to these more advanced job functions.
Pros
If a phone call or short break is needed the management is flexible, The company pays a lot of money toward benefits, The immediate banker role can help obtain better jobs with other companies, Relaxed atmosphere, Promotions to management are abundant.
Cons
Often too relaxed atmosphere, Low pay, commissions are sucked up by the most experienced bankers and management, reluctance to teach newer employees and only 5 people are working there, Two of 5 employees are neglected in training needs, Management is often burdened with near constant business, while lower level employees have nothing to do, Training often does not start until weeks of sitting around the office "hanging out", Handing out life savers attached to flyers to substitute for public advertising is stupid.
Great company
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 14, 2016
I worked for this company for a few years, great company, a lot of potential in reaching your goals in the banking career field. Team leaders, professional and easy team leaders.
Fun energetic company
Lead/Vault Teller/Coach/Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers,counting cash and balancing the vault and a few coworkers.
productive and fun work place
Bank Teller\Personal Teller (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 8, 2016
We usually just help our customers find what they need in an account, help them with their transaction, and if they are having any sort of problems with their account we figure out the problems they are having.

I have learned a lot from working here, i have learned that it is a place for sales, i also learned that it is very important to have information about the product that we are selling.

the hardest part of the job is meeting the monthly goa lof getting 6 accounts or more.

the coworkers there are very fun to be with and it makes work fun.
Pros
We get to have music in the background.
Cons
Always having to go market our products.
Slave Labor
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 15, 2016
This company represents the worst of the worst in the industry when it comes to work environment and compensation. Pay is the lowest in the nation for banking, and management dose little to nothing to retain their employees. They squeeze as much out of you as possible requiring overtime and long hours. Turnover is terrible and management refuses to take steps to fix things.

- beware! do not work here you will be sorry!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, disrespect for employees, high turn over
Good Customer service
Lead Teller and Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 18, 2015
I learned all my customer service skills at this bank because of the good coaching that was given to us on a daily bases. Also it taught me how you can grow a relationship with your customers and look at them as a second family.
Challenging Work Enviorment
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 16, 2015
Company has to much focus on marketing and sales and not enough training and skill building in knowledge of the financial industry and duties involved with the operational side of keeping a stable branch.
Pros
Rewards from Sale Activity
Cons
Consist changing of staff members
it was a fun place to work with my co-workers
personal banker (Former Employee) –  Montrose COOctober 19, 2015
I love working with my co0workers but the sales pressure is through the roof. They think that all these people want to bank there but they don't. plus in my area the have a bad name in the people mouths and mind.
Great Place to Start in Banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Shawnee KSSeptember 21, 2015
Academy was a fun place to work, I was just not crazy about the hours and the way the marketing is done. I am suppose to say more, but have nothing else to say. Fun place
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hours and Odd Marketing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Bank. Our community is ready to answer.