Academy Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

A light and a darkside
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2017
A great company. However, the management team could use some professional grooming. There is opportunity for growth if you are a part of the " In Crowd."
Pros
Great Sales Team
Cons
Immature Management Team
good company overall
processor (Former Employee) –  alApril 19, 2017
This is a good company. They show family matters. Fair and honest with the customers. I would use this company and work there again
I learned a lot from doing this job and feel that it will help me in future positions.
Pros
other employees
Cons
training
Not this place in Chandler
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chandler AZApril 4, 2017
Extremely unprofessional staff. Very clicky and they will do all they can to make you miserable working.
So many Mortgage opportunities. Pass on this one. Sad as they have exceptional Loan Officers but Operations is a petty' environment
Pros
Cons
Petty Operations and Mgrs who don't want to know
Great and very organized
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2017
This company gave me the opportunity to process my first Home loan from beginning to end. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful with one another.
Productive and fun place to work.
Purchase Clearing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 6, 2017
Best place I've worked at. I excelled really well as top 3-5 Purchase clearers in my numbers. I loved my job and would like to do it forever or something similar.
Fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 3, 2017
This was a fast passed GREaT place to learn the business of mortgage. I enjoyed how the company seemed to be quick and efficient.
I love my job
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 11, 2016
I love the company. It provides all the necessary tools I need for me to succeed. Excellent people and staff, and Management from all areas are superb. I highly recommend Academy Mortgage Corp.
Pros
Great Support System
Cons
Hard Work
Senior Loan Processor 3 (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 11, 2015
Good place to work, family oriented, great co-workers. Most enjoyable part is helping families get into their dream homes.
Pros
Fun team building activities
Terrible Job Work/Life Balance
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 13, 2015
The amount of hours I had to work and the workload was intolerable. There was absolutely no work/life balance. Not a company I would want to ever go back to.
Good Team
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 20, 2015
Very good place to work with a lot of options for your clients as far as product selection for prime and sub-prime loans.
Set-up, processing, underwriting and closing all in one location.
Pros
all operations at location
Cons
heavy on paperwork
Great place to work, quite fast paced for one who works well under pressure
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 30, 2014
Great Wholesale lender.

Their bi-lingual in Spanish.

Staff is friendly and efficient.

Hardest part is when a borrower is denied a loan due to derogatory credit and enjoyable is assisting borrower with credit repair and getting them approved and in a home
Good Company
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at Academy Mortgage. The company was very good to work for and I enjoyed my time.
Great Company to work for.
Loan Processor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto California23March 11, 2014
What a great company to offer growth in the Mortgage Lending Industry. I know I can use what they have taught me in team building and marketing in my future. Management was always willing to listen and guide you through whatever wall we hit, they truly know the meaning of "family". The hardest part of my job was sometimes feeling the defeat of not being able to give someone a loan. The BEST part was putting a family in a home, and working with a great team.
Pros
Motivated
Cons
The Real Estate Market
Fun and very helpful workplace
Administrative/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NevadaMarch 2, 2014
I enjoyed working with kind and helpful individuals. I was challenged everyday and loved pushing myself to strive better
Productive Fun Workplace
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 3, 2014
Fantastic co-workers, social yet hard working
Great bosses, providing flexibility
Good stepping stone, but short-term.
IT employee (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 8, 2013
I was headhunted to join the IT team. We had a lot of work to do. There were literally no company policies for even the most simplest and compliance-required practices. No password policy, information, computer use, etc. In the 6 months I was there, we created policies, performed internal assessments, implemented security controls, etc.
Good company, but very knee-jerk reactive to changes in economy. When interest rates went up .5%, 40 people were laid-off. The newly made security team was reduced to 2 people. Definitely a family-run company, but it you're not one of the good-old-boys, be nervous. They just recently cut 40 more people due to interest rates rising again. I was let go during their best month in their 25 year history (sold the most mortgages ever). They do claim to do what's best for your family, but I'm not sure. I bought my house through them and was laid-off literally 2 weeks after post-closing was processed.
Pros
Fun company parties
Cons
short-term, knee-jerk reactive, unstable employment.