Academy Sports + Outdoors Employee Reviews

Found 2,273 reviews matching the search
Wonderful environment, friendly management and co workers.
TEAM Sports Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2017
During my employment at Academy I can honestly say they are a great company to work for in school as management provides great help in assisting you as well as others. The customers always show patience, kindness, as well as positive attitudes.
Pros
20 percent discount, Flexible schedule.
Cons
N/a
It down to earth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 19, 2017
It is a fun place to work ,and have frendly people working their,you get to meet new people,the are very support,when your family has troble.Their is so much growth in the company
Restructuring and Evolving Environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 19, 2017
Lots of changes taking place in this company, so a little unstable at this time. Culture and experiences are different within the various departments. Work experience depends on what department you work in.
Pros
Location if you live out west, full service gym and two cafeterias, the new building is beautiful.
Cons
Outdated software, office/business/management practices
ummmmmm no comment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 19, 2017
if you like working at a place that pays you nothing then this is the place for you not awesome at all the employees were cool people benefits were ok
Team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 19, 2017
My goal was to always keep customers satisfied and have a productive day. All my co workers were very nice. Management are very professional. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see customers happy.
Pros
Productive, good work atmosphere
Cons
very few hours
Fun
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2017
The amount of hours that you work changes very often you have to look everyday at the schedule to see if you are working the next day or if you are off.
N/a
Apparel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 18, 2017
A very good company to work for. Great life balance, job culture, and benefits! Policies and procedures were well organized and reasonable. communications between management and human resources could improve.
I love this job but not giving me enough hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Harahan,laJune 18, 2017
I like working here it's just that I need more hours I enjoy working with everyone I get along with people I am very customer related it is an easy job if you listen to your managers if you know what to do every night you won't have a problem
Good company
Operations Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJune 17, 2017
Just knew of many people that stared as a sales assistant associate and work their way to managers and store directors. They will promote from within.
Pros
Discount
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 17, 2017
Management and team leads make up rules and policies as they come up. They constantly contradict themselves, then laugh at you in front of customers if you are confused. I've really never seen anything like it.
Pros
easy work
Cons
No breaks, Team leads are incompetent, low pay
Don't waste your time
LOGISTIC ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 16, 2017
Management is horrible. They constantly cut your hours and they promise you more hours or full time and they won't give either one to you. I have open availability and I get 20 hours a week.
Pros
Decent discount
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working here and getting to meet awesome people to work with. You always stay busy and its overall not a hard job. This is a job where you can have fun and express your interest in sports.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  concord, NCJune 16, 2017
I was a team sports associate and I have to say this is a great workplace! Management was exceptional as well as your fellow associates. This is a great environmemnt
Love Them.
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
I love them just the last rate and hours could not feed my family. The Company is really flexible they will work with you with just about your whole life but don't leave without two notice of the compost will not rehire at no period in time. Don't really under stand that last but that's there policy.
Pros
Everything great Company
Cons
The hours and pay rate
Fun and active place to work
part-time cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Only worked for a summer, but it was a nice place to work. I was a cashier and everyday was pretty similar. If I worked the night shift I usually would not get off until 11:30.
Great first Job
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2017
I worked at Academy Sports & Outdoors part-time for 6 months, It was really fun and the employees in my department were like family to each other and some managers were awesome and fun to be around!
Part time job for people with part of a decent attitude.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJune 15, 2017
If you are a high school student and just looking for something part time, this is the job for you. If you are a college student and just looking for a job that pays your drink tab on the weekends, this is for you. If you are a single parent struggling to make ends meet and work very hard, this is not the job for you. You will not be appreciated and you will not get the hours/pay grade you deserve.
Pros
You walk a lot so you lose some weight.
Cons
You should probably take a babysitting job
It has a nice break room facility with a tv and refridgerator
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 15, 2017
Managemet was a little off from lack of communication . Love the cuastomers, but the company lacked certain equipment to complete orders for customers.
A good place to work, even more so if you like their products
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
A good place to work, even more so if you like their products. You don't have to know about them if you want to work there, they will train you with enough knowledge to help most customers. But the hours will be uncertain, you will get to leave when done with what they want not when you are scheduled.
great structured job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2017
This job was comfortable. The workers were very friendly and worked very hard to make you feel welcome and at home. There were long hours around the holidays though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Sports + Outdoors. Our community is ready to answer.

Academy Sports + Outdoors Reviews by Location