Acadia Healthcare Facilities Employee Reviews

Worst administration staff ever.
MHT (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 21, 2017
There are only a few compassionate and dedicated MHTs, Directors are awful, they only care about the income and not patients welfare, The Clinical director and Plan Ops are the worst... Place really sucks..
Worst place ever!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Canton, SDSeptember 7, 2017
I have never worked for a company that was less invested in its employees. Terrible place. The pay is awful and the moral is low. No one is held accountable for poor behavior.
Pros
Cons
Nothing redeeming
Dont waste your time. This is coming from a current employee
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Where to start. The management is ok. I suppose. I work in the tech department. Of course we handle everything, but get paid the lowest amount. $9.00-10.00. For get about your bonuses, or raises. Bc it isn't going to happen. I had to go to HR and demand a raise and it wasn't much. The company is the worst, they don't even match 401k. I swear, if I didn't have another income I'd be screwed. I can work at burger king and get paid 2 dollars more than here. Everyone of the techs I work with, has either A. Put in there two weeks notice. Or B. Has plans on doing so... I'm completely done with this place. And the poor help, mamagem that won't listen, and poor, poor, poor pay.
Pros
Nothing.
Poor patient care- since Acadia took over -
Management (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAAugust 15, 2017
Acadia bought PMRC a year ago- quality of care went down- any staff with real clinical skills either got fired or left. Huge groups ( 20 plus patients) - groups cut short- un qualified people making decisions involving others lives. What was a good program years ago became a cooperate money seeking patient mill. They don't care about staff or patients. By far the worst of the worst run programs. I feel bad for patients who end up there.
Pros
Cons
See above
Absolutely Awesome Opurtunity
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 11, 2017
For the most part my schedule is very flexible I am able to work without being under a micro scope and have the support of my supervisor and co-workers. The team work is improving between departments and I feel that we give great care to our patients.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone. I am comfortable with my job security because I do my job and am able to show results. I have only been with the agency for a little over a year and have been promoted 2 twice. Very please with my decision to work for Acadia Healthcare.
Pros
Flexibility, Not micro Managed, reimbursements, support from supervisor and colleuges
Cons
could be a little better organized
They don't care about patient safety, only money
Clinical Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2017
The staff is stretched to a DANGEROUS level. They purposely understaff and eliminate vital services to save money. The only good thing was the employees. My coworkers were awesome people. They were like family.
Pros
I loved my coworkers
Cons
They were only concerned about "the grid".
Horrible place to work. No job security
Management (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAJuly 20, 2017
I worked at this facility for years. The old private owners sold to Acadia. Slowly Acadia started replacing the senior employees with their own corporate people. There was 0 job security. Promises were made and never kept. Patient care is a joke, they are only numbers. If the patient isn't making the company money they will kick them out. The staff is shady and there have been tons of cover ups. Their counselors aren't qualified and hardly spend any time with the patients. The tech staff are useless and barely watch the patients.
Pros
Close to home
Four Circles only valued me as a Wilderness guide
Lead Wilderness Field Instructor (Former Employee) –  Horse Shoe, NCJuly 18, 2017
Hired as a guide. It became clear even though I was working toward my CSAC, that I was only valued as a field guide. My supervisor would agree to staffing requests and then go back on his word (happened 3 times). The CEO gave better positions to some day staff without opening the position for applications or interview from any other staff. For a 128 hr work week (guides don't get paid at night) the pay is low. I don't know how they get around the federal laws mandating a certain minimum wage when operating in national parks. Terribly disorganized, things are pushed off onto the guides because the day staff wants to leave at 5 instead of completing tasks.
Pros
Working in the wilderness, paid for WFR training
Cons
Most of them mentioned above
Not horrible but can be better
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2017
Benefits are ridiculous. The price you pay in benefits are way too high. There is NO weekend pay or OT so if you work extras there isn't any compensation. Management is a joke. They make you think they are on your side and care about their workers but they don't value workers' right or the culture. They force extra assignments onto you without extra pay and hold you responsible even if you are not trained properly. Scheduling problems. There are PRNs but they are not utilized. The FT employees are FORCED to work outside their assigned schedules. In an environment where you have behavioral problems with patients, patients are allowed to abuse the workers and the workers have to have drug screenings after being abused. This happens way too often.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Unfair management, high benefits, not safe for employees
Not a good place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Management needs an overhaul. Incompetent people are in management positions who have .o clinical knowledge. Degree and credentials mean nothing here. The therapists word is used too loosely. Peer specialist and discharge planners are being called therapists and faking the role. This place is like working with high school kids with the office gossip and drama. Worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, agency culture, pay, and management
Seek employment elsewhere
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJuly 10, 2017
Badly managed. Director of billing department would come in every single day with dirty clothes on and smelled horrible. Would cause tension between the workers, and conducts himself inappropriately as a supervisor. Human Resources has been notified and they do nothing about the behavior. Employee had MRSA and they did not notify employees.
Pros
Nice location
Not a good company
Lvn (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2017
This company pays way to low and the health benefits cost way to much. Always understaffed. Not safe for the patients or staff. Management only cares about saving money. No communication between departments. The bad staff get away with not doing their job while the good staff get treated like trash. If you want a good job look somewhere else.
A Nightmare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2017
When you work for a for-profit hospital, you know what kind of things to expect. Acadia takes things a step further in how little value is placed on patient care. My facility was a freestanding psych hospital and admissions was being pushed to take patients that were medically unstable, the assumption being if a patient got worse they could be sent back to a medical hospital by 911. Patients who had neurological problems (not psych) were also taken and then discharged after a couple days. Dangerous patients were often mixed in with nonviolent patients, if there were no other beds available. Patient and staff assaults were common, with some staff covering the incidents up, part of the "no snitching" culture. The hospital sometimes ran low on food and nighttime admissions would be given maybe a juice and a cereal bar until the next morning. Nonexistent housekeeping. Bed bugs, cockroaches, etc. were commonly found in rooms and staff areas. Housekeeping only focused on the lobbies and administration areas. Staff turnover was extreme. One orientation group had about 25 techs and more than 15 left after 1-2 months. The staff that remain often sleep on the job during night shift.

Poor benefits, especially the health insurance. No tuition reimbursement, educational opportunities and CEUs, expected to do training online on your own time, no 401k matching.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Administration that hides from issues, high-risk medical patients being accepted, staffing cuts, poor benefits, dirty/unsafe work environments
Worst place I have ever worked and I scrubbed toilets once upon a time
middle management (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJune 27, 2017
We are always short staffed. Upper management does not care that it is unsafe for patient's and staff, but only care about the bottom line. Patient's are not seen as they should be by the physician or nurse practitioner. Patient's are scheduled for discharge not depending on their progress but depending on when their benefits run out. When patient's admit voluntarily, they are often intimidated to stay even if they are not a danger to themselves or others just because their insurance will still pay. This is the most unethical company I have dealt with.
Pros
Cons
Management, staffing, patient care
Not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 19, 2017
L this company cares about is making a profit. Hospital conditions are unsafe for patients and staff. They don't see their doctors or social workers, they practice team nursing that went out in the 70s. Patients have nothing to eat or drink at night except water, the adolescent s are kept in their rooms from 9 pm u til 7am, but they don't call it secluded! Patients get very little treatment here . If you say anything bad about the place, you're fired. Lot of "no shows" if your in their clique it's ok. Last 's bought the DON a car . Figure thst one out.
Always want employees to do more work for less money
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILJune 15, 2017
I have worked at both entry level and higher up positions. In all areas (direct care, nursing, therapists, and managers) employees are continually asked to take on more responsibilities, with increasingly acute patients, for no raises, and with less help. Clients are just $ to the higher ups, and all employees are expendable regardless of their input, experience, or seniority. Management is reactionary, and their is a constant culture of fear. People are laid off with no plan for how to meet the needs they were addressing. Units are opened and closed without preparation or forethought. Everything is a constant race to make more money. The individual staff members are great, and try very hard to make a difference, but ultimately get burnt out by management indifference and mistreatment.
Pros
Great residents, variety of interventions used
Cons
low staff ratios, expected overtime, unreachable expectations, culture of fear, lack of job security, reactionary policies, increasing acuity with decreasing resources
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 13, 2017
Management is always hard to find when needed and leaves early. The nurses talk about the patients behind their backs and then the patients here the nurses talking about them in the nurse's station. The nurses joke around and brag about their previous addiction habits like it is something to be proud of and what to take with what for the ultimate high or to commit suicide. There is no one shift supervisor, the nurses are assigned being the shift leader even if they don't want it and you get compensated very little for doing it. They use a lot of profanity there too making it an uncomfortable environment.
Horrible place to work
Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSJune 10, 2017
Management is horrible. Employees are talked to like they are animals by the CEO and supervisors. Workers are unpaid and encourages harsh treatment such as getting hit, slapped and kicked by patients. Please do not apply for a job that is facility.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, harsh treatment, no breaks
Recovery Program is great - management needs overhaul at top
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work is putting out emergency situations because most people hired by HR are not qualified for the job. Although hiring practices were presented to the CEO for the recovery advocate position, all suggestions were ignored and RA's were continually scheduled for double shifts and continuous overtime. The recovery program was great but the challenge is with one HR person with no experience doing the hiring.
Pros
Reduced lunches
Cons
Poor health insurance, low pay, continual overtime
Run don't look back!
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 6, 2017
RUN! Horrible place to work at. Not enough workers. Management wants you to be able to make any call when they call you. Raises are a whole 18 cents! Even if you work good or not. If you are a hard work that just means more work for you and no pay to go with it.
Pros
way to many to list!