Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 19, 2017
Very diverse work environment with room for promotion. Loyal employees and great manager team. Offer growth and training in all departments. Management team are always available.
Horrible managment
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 13, 2017
Not only did this facility have the worst organization in the history of medical facilities, no one working for this company had any knowledge of the policies and procedures of the company. The entire experience was a chaotic and awful experience. I would never recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management. awful organization, no job security.
Workplace Culture
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2017
I would recommend this employer to others. It is a fun and enjoyable place to work with a new adventure daily. Most days encompass stress due to the environment and workplace culture but it is rewarding to see the impact of a hard days work.
Pros
Health and time off benefits
Don't be tempted, it's not worth it
CEO (Former Employee) –  Southern United StatesJuly 31, 2017
Acadia Healthcare is not a company that you can trust with your career path or goals. Especially the recovery division. It is a good old boy network and nothing they tempt you with is what ends up being the reality of the day to day environment at a facility or corporate level. As a publicly traded company, they are focused first on revenue rather than quality, safe, ethical patient care.
intake advisor for admissions
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 31, 2017
Very easy but stressful job. We pretty much were a call center for all the locations of behavioral and mental health that provided inpatient and outpatient treatment. Normally on week days, the phones are constantly ringing, however on weekends and holidays, it is pretty dead and easy. Since the call center was open 24/7, for any calls relating to inpatient treatment, we were scheduled and expected to work on our days, even if the days land on a holiday.

Very easy job, but can get very stressful. Definitely not the job for the faint of heart because we do hear a lot of heart breaking stories and sometimes deal with a lot of difficult and vicious clients.
The sharks behind the smiling faces....
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Galax, VAJuly 23, 2017
This is an investment banking driven corporation with all the pitfalls one can expect. Managers meeting goals will come before facility improvement, programming decisions and patient care. If that is a good fit for you, i.e. you can work with management who consider preventable patient death "part of the cost of doing business", go for it.

Many of the facilities operate outside of compliance and management will not tell you that before you go to work with them. So, if you are a licensed professional, you could be asked to "sign off" on paperwork to protect the company and be part of the cover up. If you are ok with that, sign right up. They offer decent health insurance.
Pros
Decent health insurance.
Cons
HR is not your friend.
Looking for something else
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 18, 2017
Speaking for the facility in Alexandria, LA...it's a joke. The intake department is constantly being told to admit, admit, admit!!!! Fill beds....make more money! Patients are told they HAVE to be discharged because their insurance isn't going to pay. 1-2 groups each day for patients, the rest of the time they sit and watch TV. The new "CNO" (DON but has a superiority complex) has zero psych experience except for telling everyone his mom was a patient there (HIPPA much???). He looks for reasons to write people up so he doesn't have to give raises. It's a really poor place to work. Can't wait till state come in so I can give them the low down! A typical day includes unanticipated discharges with people barking at you to get patients out the door, admits being delivered to the floor with little or no report. Paperwork out the wazoo. Patients that are inappropriate for the facility, but they take them because they ave the holy grail (insurance). You have no time for a lunch break, but they take it from you anyway! They have no qualms about calling you anytime to pick up extra, etc. but then flex you to prevent overtime.
Pros
A few decent people who actually care
Cons
Everything else
Complicated place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 16, 2017
Average pay, poor benefits and work /life balance. Complicated billing systems that are not integrated into a lack luster accounting system. High employee turnover due extreme workload and lack of effective management.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work/life balance
Horrible place!
Security/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 12, 2017
Management is horrible! They don't back you up. Everyone is two faced and lie to get you in trouble. The Patients walk all over you and management allows it to happen because they don't want to lose money. This place sucks. Would not work here!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Ok place to work....
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 7, 2017
This review is specifically for the cororate office in Franklin, TN. 8-5, M-F usually. Workflow varies week to week. No opportunities to advance, no tiers, pay grades, etc. Upper management is very old school: business casual is slacks and button up shirt, no one is allowed to have fun or do things in a modern way, unwilling to pay for talent (jobs take a while to fill because the pay is lower for specialized fields) and raises are usually less than average.
Pros
catered lunches once or twice every month or so, parking garage, possible small bonuses
Cons
Benefits are not that great all around (no 401k match, 10 days vacation, pay is below average)
Be your own judge!
Senior Lead Clinican (Current Employee) –  East Wareham, MAJuly 7, 2017
Don't believe all of the negative things you read about Acadia. I've been working for them now 2+ years when they bought my old company. All that really matters is the people you work with, the management and the clients. I work for a very well run region and my management staff are 120% supportive of not only staff but also the patients. I enjoy going to work everyday and not once have I ever been in fear of my job or management not supporting me. It is a fast paced work environment but our team at the East Wareham Comprehensive Treatment Center site in Massachusetts hands down are the best. I hope this helps people looking to work for this company because its really not that bad it's actually a good place to work.
Pros
Management, Environment
covering for people who call off weekly
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 6, 2017
I was a Nursing Supervisor. Paid salary. They would use me for holidays because I got the same pay.People were not team players. Very stressfull work place. low pay for the amount of work. I am happy I left.
Pros
patients
Cons
the rest
Growing Company
Director Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 5, 2017
In need of cultural change. Company in a growth stage and need to better select potential into key roles. Pay structure needs updating or development.
Support home away from hom
CBO Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2017
Acadia Central Billimg Office in WI, is a great place to work. Managment is always understanding as long as you come in and do your job (like any other job). It is a company that sets you up to be accountable for what you do. Its also a rewarding job knowing you are doing you part to help people with addiction. They have a reward bonuses when you reach your quarterly goal. Upper managmemt has you and your families best interest in mind. I 100% love my job.
Okay place
INTAKE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 15, 2017
A typical day consists of heavy calls. The main reason of high turnover rate is because of no room for advancement, low pay/compensation. The raise they give us per year is a joke.
Do'nt Waste Your Time
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 15, 2017
When I worked for this company I always had the feeling that management had their own agenda that never included true patient care. The clients were enabled and Counselor decisions were mostly reversed by the Clinical Supervisor which lead to low employee morale. This example also discouraged the few clients who were there for true Recovery. Why should they try when everyone else was doing whatever they wanted? The co-workers were ok but some of them were immature and insecure and were played against each other by management. The only positive that came from working for this location is it gave me insight into the type of Therapist/manager that I don't want to be!!! If you are looking for employment save yourself the experience and look elsewhere.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Some coworkers
Wonderful place to work!
HR (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 14, 2017
Acadia Healthcare is a great company. Because of working at the corporate office, you can see that people truly want to make a different in the lives of the patients although they are not at the facilities on the day to day. Corporate is always changing and trying to better themselves. Management is great - collaboration is encouraged and they make you feel a part of a team. Great office - lots of windows and very bright. Casual jean Fridays are a plus.
Pros
Some catered lunches, great work environment, competitive pay
Cons
No 401k match, but you are paid above the market rate!
Worth all the stress
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  West RegionJune 13, 2017
This is the most rewarding job I've had in my entire life. I started as an admin assistant and quickly advanced. I have strong support from my regional director, an amazing staff under me to assist with day-to-day clinic function, and the ability to ask questions and seek answers. I have never felt as rewarded and positive about my career than I am with Acadia.
All about the money
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Galax, VAJune 6, 2017
Culture is not driven by patient care, it is driven by money. Management uses scare tactics to keep employees in line with personal agendas that do not include patients rights or care. RUN!
Drug's in facility are not a priority to remove, making sure company is making money is.
Pros
Cons
to long to list
Incompetent corporate management
CEO (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 20, 2017
This is the worse and most corrupt company ever. Stay far, far away from this company. Corporate management and Division Presidents are extremely dishonest.
Pros
Cons
Poor patient care. More concerned with profits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4