Acadia Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Staff includes many personable, experienced workers
Senior Inland Marine Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 22, 2015
Company has 6 offices across New England. Your experiences at this company can be different depending on the office you are located in.
Progressive employer; great lunchroom; Thanksgiving dinner
Casualty Claims Adjuster for Commercial Liability (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 16, 2012
Working in commercial lines insurance is intensive but rewarding. It is important to have a working relationship with your fellow teammates. The workload is very heavy but we all got along well and assisted each other with some of the load. We all were the best at something and shared quite frequently with others.

Advancement is a long process, mostly because Acadia is a small company, less that 100 adjusters in six locations. A nice aspect is the offices are all-insurance combined, about 65 people to my office.

The down side is the workload. Sometime adjusters work 60-70 hours weekly, no overtime pay as we were salaried.
Pros
great people! lots of togetherness among all lines.
Cons
long hours for the claim adjusters.
Excellent Regional carrier with solid leadership and good vision to the future.
Commercial Lines Director (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJune 5, 2012
Acadia is a customer/agent focused company. We spend a large part of our energy finding ways to make common sense decisions that benefit both parties. We have established an approach that allows us face time with our key insureds and helps them beyond just claims experiences when it comes to company interacts. That makes Acadia different.