Acadia Realty Trust Employee Reviews

Laid back company with good benefits.
Property Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
No complaints about this company. I didn't like the work I was doing there so we mutually left each other. I wish them the best! The management was very liberal as well not challenging but nice people to work with.
Pros
401 K match
Cons
location
Productive, Intense, Efficient
Director of Construction (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 6, 2013
Acadia Realty is a REIT specializing in the acquisition, re-development and operation of retail and urban mixed-use properties. We focus on acquiring and redeveloping properties located in dense urban or major metropolitan markets and other high barrier to entry markets. Acadia currently owns or has ownership interest in, and operates a portfolio totaling over 10 million square feet across the United States.
dishonest management
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 5, 2013
I was told the position was contract to hire. I came in every day was hardly late and I finished all my assignments in a timeley manner, not only was I let go before the contract was completed. they placed interns in my place once I did all the hard work of setting up almost all the pc's and printers and networks in the building. mainly to cut cost.
Pros
It is beautiful area to work in. I learned alot.
Cons
dishonesty in management
At times it could be a fun place to work but balancing a social life was the hardest part
Accounting (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 6, 2013
The overall attitude the company, when I was there, could be best described as manic. One day everything would seem calmed, in order and people were in a genuinely positive and joking mood. And the next day you would think a storm came through all because of one departmental meeting whos message was that the entire process, for all intents and purposes, was inefficient. Consequently, everyone would then be anxious, on guard and speaking ill behind their co-workers back and ready to throw the person next to them under the bus during water cooler talk. In addition, I had issues with the work load allocation and trying to balance that with a life outside of the office. Admittedly, I was never willing or prepared to work 10, 12 or even 14 hour days and on weekends which is what it would have taken for my work to look 'cleaner' and more 'presentable'. I can take away that I learned a lot about my field in the years I was with the company and in contrast, I am firing on all cylinders with my new company now. I'm utilizing a lot from what I learned at Acadia and applying those practices with my new company and it's making me look good. So I don't perceive my experience with the company as a failure even though sometimes I wish things went differently. I really miss a good handful of the people over there and I wish them all nothing but the best in life. All in all I am grateful.
Pros
understanding and good people in upper management
Cons
work load unbearable if you think it's going to be a 9 to 5 job.
Fun place to work, yet it's slightly disorganized.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 9, 2012
A typical day at the job place is that it's fast paced. Busy is good, yet you have to take breaks or you won't break. Every day can be different, which makes it challenging, yet fun. I've learned to keep on top of assignments because of the different situations. My co-workers are the best. We have lots of laughs, yet we get our work done with pride. The hardest part of the job is following up with the vendors and making sure they give me the information I need for the activation of their contract and processing their invoices. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have to interact with the other departments, especially when I need information from them or they need information from me. Fun folks....
Pros
lunch meetings - property visits (field trips)
Cons
busy, busy...non-stop
I was a temp. who floated from different departments.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 12, 2012
Temping in this agency opened me up to learning different job duites from different departments. Aside from my job duties, I became close to different managers who respected my work ethic.
Pros
the pay, all the experience i was gaining from different departments, holiday parties, and breakfast every friday for the company
Cons
the position wasn't permenant
Getting a good laugh almost everyday at someone or something crazy
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood MallSeptember 10, 2012
While working for Acadia I learned alot about working as a team. I had a great crew of people that worked for me. I think I miss them the most, we were all like family which really made things run smooth. the hardest part of my job was always meeting deadlines thats just something I always felt needed to have completed weeks before it was due. that was my own doing. We all have a moments, but I enjoyed my job everyday. I enjoyed the customer, tenants and my staff. I love being a part of real working team of people.
Pros
having flexibilty to come and go, not sitting in an office all day.
Cons
being called out for emergenys at 3:00am (false alarms)
Estimator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 21, 2012
Good place to work. Learned how corporate works. Also learned how slight changes in management can have considerable impacts down the ladder. Achieving Work-life balance was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
vacation, benefits
Cons
work-life balance
Was one of the most fast pace and fun place to work
Construction Administrator Assistance (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 4, 2012
I enjoyed working Acadia and would love to go back. I enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Great company
Adminstration assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 12, 2012
Acadia Realty Trust was a great company to be a part of. The company was like your true family away from home. Both employees and management was very will to help both professionally and personally

Acadia Realty Trust Reviews by Location