Acadian Ambulance Employee Reviews

Very Productive/ Informative
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 21, 2017
I would go back to Acadian. Great place they gave me great opportunities.They paid for my Education through Texas A&M, EMT certs.I have nothing but great things and much love to Acadian.
I miss my other family.
Leonard
Acadian values profits over people!
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 5, 2017
Join EMS they say, save lives they say. Not at Acadian! If you are interested in being a company truck driver of a low grade ambulance that might occasionally have a working AC sounds like Acadian's for you!

After two years of service time became only more miserable, highest turnover rate I have ever seen at a company and moral is always at a low. They tell you to trust your partner because you spend so much time with them, don't recommend that here, turns out getting a partner in trouble is how to get promoted. Management is pore and nearly all managers care about themselves and will tell you just to find a way to deal with the problems you are given. You will spend hours on the road and it will not be uncommon to get off hours late.

Would never go back and would never recommend. It's an unfortunate fact that I reside within the service area of Acadian Ambulance.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Never off on time, always on the road, understaffed always, depressing company, feels like you are bound to the company.
Fair place to work however upper management lacks concerns for employees and changes in the industry
Paramedic Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXJune 3, 2017
This company came into the Dallas area with the mind st they were the only EMS in the world. They are not open to change or in advancement in patient care. The upper management is not good at all.
Pros
Cons
Not employee orentated at all
Would not recommend.
paramedic (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJune 2, 2017
I have seen the company go from an excellent place to work, to being completely miserable with the change of management. Dispatch hardly ever respects your log off time and you are constantly getting off late. Harassed practically on days off and vacation days to come in and work. Overall morale is at an all time low, no matter how many times you offer suggestions to improve the system, management turns it down.
Great managers but some partners have a poor attitude
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2017
Over all great company with great pay and benefits. The training at the beginning and throughout the year is helpful and you ate paid for your time in training.
N/a
PARAMEDIC/PRECEPTOR GROUND OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 14, 2017
Working with Acadian Ambulance in Ground Operations defiantly kept me busy running 911 emergencies and critical care transports from hospital to hospital.
Critical Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 10, 2017
In 26 years of EMS this is one of the best companies I have work for. There is a lot of divisions your can transfer to if needed, and there is a shift for almost every type of schedule.
Great place to work and grow with any process of your EMS career!
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
I got hired on by Acadian and can already tell I'm going to be with this company for a long time. First thing that comes to mind is I am floored by how many opportunities there are. Not to mention excellent retirement plan and ESOP. I am proud to be apart of an organization with such amazing potential. My dispatch is awesome! They are so grateful for you, and I myself am grateful for them. My supervisors go above and beyond for me. I really like my job!
Pros
The entire company is great, always improving for the better!
Cons
None that come to mind.
Great Long-term EMS Career
EMT-P (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
This is a company you can stay and make a career at, unlike other private EMS services. Advancement opportunities are there for those willing to put in the time and effort.

One of the greatest strengths, besides your co-workers, is Acadian being an employee owned company.

Very stable, patient care and employee driven company that continues to grow.
Pros
Esop, family culture, new equipment, training
review
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  beaumont, txMarch 17, 2017
Acadian Ambulance is an excellent company to work for. if you get hurt they make sure you get the medical attention you need immediately. Management is amazing.
Great employee oriented company with excellent retirement.
Paramedic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great employee owned company to work for. Good benefits and retirement. If you apply yourself and work hard it doesn't go unnoticed and you will be rewarded. There is always opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Esop, pay helping people.
Cons
High stress.
Best EMS company in the world!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 17, 2017
34 years after and I am still love my job as I did the first time back in 1982. This is an awesome company and help me growth and fulfilled my job in life as a husband and father. I consider Acadian my second home and family. I work hard, enjoy taken care people, follow direction and believe in the mission of the company. They recognize my qualities and was able to move into a management position.

They gave me the tools, training and plenty of opportunities to better myself and my family. There is no other place like Acadian. The benefits and retirement are second to none. The job was not easy at time but no job is perfect. The most rewarding part of the job is based on the many life at one point or another you touch and make a different in their life. Acadian is the place to be if you wanted make a different in someone life and make a better life for you and your family. Come join Acadian and you will have better life!
Pros
Excellent benefits/ ESOP/ Family Oriented
We make a difference/Employee are owners/Job stability
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 17, 2017
Each day our employees impact many lives; from bringing our patients to their routine doctor visits to handling their life threatening emergencies. Acadian is great place to work. They offer many opportunities for their employees to grow within the company. The operations are structured in a way that employees know what is expected of them and tools are given to the employees to accomplish the expectations. Great place to grow old with your employer!
Pros
Job stability
Great benefits / Retirement / Employee Oriented
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 13, 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of room for growth. I started as an EMT over 25 years ago and worked my way through the ranks into a management position today. No job is perfect. We have our good days and bad days, but the focus has always been about taking care of our patients and taking care of our employees. The benefits and retirement are great. Do I wish that my pay was more? Of course I do. Who doesn't? The corporate people recognize that pay is an issue and are really being resourceful in trying to get more money for salaries. If you are truly looking for an EMS career, then Acadian would be a great place to make it happen.
Pros
Stable Workplace / Job Security
Fun workplace
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 8, 2017
Great company to work for, decent pay with rewarding outcomes. Management is very cooperative. As much overtime as you want. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Bad hours
Enjoyed working foe them, great place to start a career
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 1, 2017
This job is for people who care for the public and will do all they can to help someone. You have to have a strong stomach and think fast but safely. Hardest part is seeing people, especially young children go thru pain or worse. This job is not for everybody but glad I was able to be part of the team and touch people lives.
Pros
Bonus yearly
Cons
You work in rain, sleet, or snow, etc.
Good company.
EMT/ Wheelchair Van (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I would transport patients to and from doctors appointments and dialysis. They have a great training program and benefits. Most enjoyable is knowing your helping someone.
go on and apply
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Good for working with little experience and working as much overtime as possible.

People leave without any prospects or other jobs due to quick burn out.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2017
If job security is what you seek this is the company for you regardless of which position you are employed in. The nature of the business, although there are many other divisions now, means you probably have a job for life provided you meet the job specifications.
Pros
Stability, Benefits, Good People
Cons
Salary not quite where it needs to be for experienced personnel.
I wouldn't
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2017
If you want to work somewhere that advertises that they care about the employees and then shows you how little they actually care, this place will be great for you. If you want to get a career going I'd look somewhere else.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadian Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8