Acadian Ambulance

Acadian Ambulance Employee Reviews

Good placed to start as fresh EMT
Field Paramedic (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Best pay as far as private ambulance companies go
Cons: No true emergencies and poor management
North Texas region deals mostly with interfacility transportation; no true 911 status emergencies. Good place to began as a brand new EMT or Paramedic or retiring paramedic. Boring for someone fresh out of school and difficult to gain experience. Great stepping stone to begin a career in EMS though.
Progressive company, good training.
Paramedic / Critical Care Paramedic (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great schedule, Employee owned, Good benefits and pay.
Cons: Difficult to deal with upper management.
Working for Acadian had its occasional ups and downs. I started out on 12 hour night shifts, which was my niche for several years. I gained training and skills as a Critical Care Paramedic and as a trainer. My coworkers were good, for the most part and I enjoyed my job. I was transitioned to a 24 hour shift for the last few months of employment which I greatly enjoyed. Their medical protocols were on par with most of the local services and exceeded standards in a few areas. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep open lines of communication with management. Managers seemed to be approachable, but rarely did any changes come about when problems were brought to them until the problems became large enough as to be intolerable or dangerous. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the job itself. Taking care of people in need. I also enjoyed teaching and mentoring new employees and students.
Had an Awesome Boss
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Wonderful medics, ongoing improvements. top of the line equiptment, high class supervisors.
Cons: crazy shifts, rarely get off shift on time.
Acadian is probably the greatest company I have had the pleasure of working for. I had the pleasure of working with the company 2 separate times. I will always love Acadian.
Rewarding
EMT-B (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 30, 2015
Pros: the lives that were saved and/or made better because of me
Cons: unpredictable, uncontroled scenes
Some dayswere long and boring. Sit and wait. Then there were calls where the patients were very sick or badly injured. I didn't do this job for the money, I was able to make a difference and help others.
Acadian
Wheelchair Van Operator (Current Employee), Humble, TxFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not knowing when you're going to get off.
A typical day at work for me is going to the main station, preparing my van for the day then heading to my first call of the day. I have a set schedule of who I pick up along with extra doctors appointments. I get along with all of my co-workers and all of the supervisors although I rarely see them. The hardest part of the job is never knowing if you're going to get off on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see all of the patients and new people every day as well as helping people.
fun coworkers
Lead Paramedic (Current Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 30, 2014
little overkill on the supervisors. lots of transfers, didnt have a set truck so new truck and partner every week
customer service emergency
customer service (Former Employee), lafayette laOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good
customer service emergency calls 12 hours night shifts helping people in emergency situations
EMT- BASIC
EMT-B (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
OVERALL THE COMPANY IS AMAZING. THEY MOVED TO TEXAS A FEW YEARS AGO AND ARE HAVING A FEW GROWING PAINS. I THOUROUGHLY ENJOY WORKING FOR THEM AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FACT THAT IT IS AN ESOP COMPANY. THEREFORE IT DOESNT MATTER HOW SENIOR YOUR PARTNER IS, THEY ARE PROBABLY INVESTED IN STOCKS AND WILL NEVER BE "BURNT OUT" ON GREAT PATIENT CARE
Not recommended
EMT (Former Employee), DallasAugust 17, 2014
Cons: hours, management, benefits, pay
I enjoyed the job that I did, however it was and is not the best company to work for. 10 hours into a 12 hour shift and get dropped a call to take someone from Plano to South or East Texas with dispatch knowing that you have a 14 hour shift the next day. Management demands exclusive loyalty working on your days off yet when you ask for a day off they are always saying only if you can find someone to cover your shift. 12 hours on road, 2 hours of finishing paperwork, then 1 hour of restock, station maintenance (janitor work) and washing your vehicle.

Prey that the don't ask you to pull a shift on a van, 14-16 hours nonstop no guarantee for an actual lunch. Typical lunch with this company is a candy bar and a drink.

Benefits are pretty non-existent until you have been with them for over a year. Sent to Austin for orientation, yes room was free yet not reimbursement for time and gas to get to Austin from Dallas.

Consider your options before working for this company.
Rewarding company with great co-workers
Summer Internship, Data Entry (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2014
I was a summer intern learning the basics to the entry level data entry field. I was not employed long due to it was only a temporary position for the summer but i was able to learn and experience the work force at a young age.
They're really strict
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: management
The job part was fun. Too many rules to be productive. I understand why all the rules but its too much for me
Hope you don't have a criminal record!
yeah right... (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: nice trucks, new equipment
Cons: non-stop calls, plenty of "paragod" a**holes
This place will not hire you if you have a criminal record! What happened to giving someone a second chance? Shows what type of people are in upper management. Pay sucks! They wilk force you to go to their school because they won't work with your current schedule! Oh....but they will take new rookies and mold them into transfer taxi drivers!
Fast Paced and alot of pride in my work.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2014
- typical days at Acadian were filled with excitement and new experiences. Hardly ever did you repeat the same day twice.
-I learned alot about myself and my community working for this company.
-My co-workers had just as much passion for the job as I did. Which in this field you have to love what you do.
- The hardest part of the job is knowing sometimes that even though you did all you could you are not going to get the outcome you want.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can help someone or atleast bring a smile to their face when they are having one of the worst days of their life.
the employees make it fun!
Ground Operations Recruiter/Human Resources/NREMT (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2014
Pros: free ceu's, can excel in the company with the right attitude!
love the job security, benifits and pay! there are different avenues to choose for a career in the same company. we are employee owned!
Nice place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
I love working here and the experience is great. I makes me want to stay working in the field and keep learning.
EMT
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 1, 2014
Responded to 911 dispatched emergency calls quickly and safely
Strictly protected the privacy and confidentiality of patients and EMS operations
Assisted Paramedic and Critical care ambulance and bariatric ambulance
Performed basic skills and assisted Paramedic on emergency calls and transfers
Once you sign on your just a number
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 1, 2014
Pros: schedule is monday-friday
Cons: management, make u do more than one job for same pay
I worked for Acadian for three years. I had trouble with a coworker being rude and disrespectful which is a typical day in the billing office. I spoke with the supervisor and manager but they were friends. I even had a meeting with the vice-president who didn't care. Overall nothing was done so I gave a two weeks notice. Many people have just walked off the job because management is just disrespectful.
Amazing first job
Paramedic (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2014
This was my first job and thoroughly enjoyed my experience!
great place to work
van operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 17, 2014
Cons: had to purchase lost parts out of pocket
loved working at Acadian. was sad to leave. management was great. delivered patients to and from appts. met a lot of great people.
Overall it was a fun place to work at
Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 5, 2013
Pros: fun place to work at
Cons: traveling and health benefits
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. At times the job was stressful, due to weather conditions, which resulted in a very high volume of calls and alarms.
Headquarters