Acadian Ambulance

Acadian Ambulance Employer Reviews

EMT- BASIC
EMT-B (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
OVERALL THE COMPANY IS AMAZING. THEY MOVED TO TEXAS A FEW YEARS AGO AND ARE HAVING A FEW GROWING PAINS. I THOUROUGHLY ENJOY WORKING FOR THEM AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FACT THAT IT IS AN ESOP COMPANY. THEREFORE IT DOESNT MATTER HOW SENIOR YOUR PARTNER IS, THEY ARE PROBABLY INVESTED IN STOCKS AND WILL NEVER BE "BURNT OUT" ON GREAT PATIENT CARE
Not recommended
EMT (Former Employee), DallasAugust 17, 2014
Cons: hours, management, benefits, pay
I enjoyed the job that I did, however it was and is not the best company to work for. 10 hours into a 12 hour shift and get dropped a call to take someone from Plano to South or East Texas with dispatch knowing that you have a 14 hour shift the next day. Management demands exclusive loyalty working on your days off yet when you ask for a day off they – more... are always saying only if you can find someone to cover your shift. 12 hours on road, 2 hours of finishing paperwork, then 1 hour of restock, station maintenance (janitor work) and washing your vehicle.

Prey that the don't ask you to pull a shift on a van, 14-16 hours nonstop no guarantee for an actual lunch. Typical lunch with this company is a candy bar and a drink.

Benefits are pretty non-existent until you have been with them for over a year. Sent to Austin for orientation, yes room was free yet not reimbursement for time and gas to get to Austin from Dallas.

Consider your options before working for this company. – less
Rewarding company with great co-workers
Summer Internship, Data Entry (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2014
I was a summer intern learning the basics to the entry level data entry field. I was not employed long due to it was only a temporary position for the summer but i was able to learn and experience the work force at a young age.
They're really strict
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: management
The job part was fun. Too many rules to be productive. I understand why all the rules but its too much for me
Hope you don't have a criminal record!
yeah right... (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: nice trucks, new equipment
Cons: non-stop calls, plenty of "paragod" a**holes
This place will not hire you if you have a criminal record! What happened to giving someone a second chance? Shows what type of people are in upper management. Pay sucks! They wilk force you to go to their school because they won't work with your current schedule! Oh....but they will take new rookies and mold them into transfer taxi drivers!
Fast Paced and alot of pride in my work.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2014
- typical days at Acadian were filled with excitement and new experiences. Hardly ever did you repeat the same day twice.
-I learned alot about myself and my community working for this company.
-My co-workers had just as much passion for the job as I did. Which in this field you have to love what you do.
- The hardest part of the job is knowing sometimes – more... that even though you did all you could you are not going to get the outcome you want.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can help someone or atleast bring a smile to their face when they are having one of the worst days of their life. – less
the employees make it fun!
Ground Operations Recruiter/Human Resources/NREMT (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2014
Pros: free ceu's, can excel in the company with the right attitude!
love the job security, benifits and pay! there are different avenues to choose for a career in the same company. we are employee owned!
Nice place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
I love working here and the experience is great. I makes me want to stay working in the field and keep learning.
EMT
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 1, 2014
Responded to 911 dispatched emergency calls quickly and safely
Strictly protected the privacy and confidentiality of patients and EMS operations
Assisted Paramedic and Critical care ambulance and bariatric ambulance
Performed basic skills and assisted Paramedic on emergency calls and transfers
Once you sign on your just a number
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 1, 2014
Pros: schedule is monday-friday
Cons: management, make u do more than one job for same pay
I worked for Acadian for three years. I had trouble with a coworker being rude and disrespectful which is a typical day in the billing office. I spoke with the supervisor and manager but they were friends. I even had a meeting with the vice-president who didn't care. Overall nothing was done so I gave a two weeks notice. Many people have just walked – more... off the job because management is just disrespectful. – less
Amazing first job
Paramedic (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2014
This was my first job and thoroughly enjoyed my experience!
great place to work
van operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 17, 2014
Cons: had to purchase lost parts out of pocket
loved working at Acadian. was sad to leave. management was great. delivered patients to and from appts. met a lot of great people.
Overall it was a fun place to work at
Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 5, 2013
Pros: fun place to work at
Cons: traveling and health benefits
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. At times the job was stressful, due to weather conditions, which resulted in a very high volume of calls and alarms.
bad pay not enough employees to run the company
emt basic (Current Employee), LouisianaSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: pretty much everything
The pay is not enough, but dont worry they will never fire you.
They do not have enough employees to keep the trucks staffed.
Expect too much overtime.
Stretched way too thin.
They will run you till your wheels fall off.
Small hospital
Operations (Current Employee), LouisianaAugust 26, 2013
I did not find the people to be inviting. They seem to do things the old way, which does make sense because of how large the hospital organization is
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Payment poster (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2013
Cons: management, pay not enough for everything you have to do, and just ignorant management
The management is very prejudice. I was here as a temp and they was so rude. I did most if their work. The management in commercial insurance in the corporate office sucks. They don't care about no one but their selves and all they do is try their best to hire people that they know instead of people who gets the job done.
At times could be fun
Paramedic-Dispatcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working with and meeting interesting people. You work on computers alot. Immediate management was good. Did not see upper management much. My co-workers were great to work with. There is alot of stress dealing with everyone's current emergency. The most enjoyable is knowing that I made a difference in someone elses life.
great company
EMT-Basic (Current Employee), Deridder, LAJune 11, 2013
Pros: esop
great place to work esop is great there is a alot of good people and this would be the best place to retire from
Decent place to work with, not so good values
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 27, 2013
Pros: great pay for the industry.
Cons: treat employees like a number
I dont hate this company but i do feel likethey are lacking in caring about their employees. they are all about productivity. I understand its a business but in ems you cant worry about making a dollar you ahve to worry about taking care of patients.
Good Protocols
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 19, 2013
No comment. Good co-workers. Decent protocols. Posting on the side of the road for 12-14 hours and constant post changes are hard on the employees.

About Acadian Ambulance

The Acadian companies consist of Acadian Ambulance Service, Acadian Air Med, Acadian Total Security, National EMS Academy, Executive – Read more