ACC Health Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, professional atmosphere
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 5, 2016
Gain experience in different dental atmospheres, working with a variety of dentist and dental teams. Hardest part of the job is not knowing when you will work.
Nicest Staff You'll Ever Meet
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2015
ACC has been a wonderful work environment. They've given me new tools to work with to be successful, everyone in the office is always helpful and positive, and I couldn't ask for a better place to be employed.
Veteran continues to serve
Audio Tech- phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at the two events with ACC. I AM. Currently an employee at the naval staion Great Lakes. I am the medical readiness coordinator for the sailors and soldiers that are either active duty or reserves. I enjoyed the fast pace attention to detail. Something that I am already used to doing.
Pros
travel and decent pay
Cons
short breaks- hired on for audio tech but they don't provide a common access Card (CaC)
Great people to work with
Technology Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 18, 2015
Great people to work with, everyone cares for each other. Good benefits, dedicated staff, flexible hours. A pleasure to work with for the last 3 years.
Very unpredictable.
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJanuary 3, 2015
they want me working 20 hours in Santa Fe and 3 days a week in Albuquerque. So, you would think they approve of my work ethic. But, the minute I complained about a machine being broken I was told my services were no longer needed. Out of thin air, they canned me. I asked for an explanation and none was given, except that i was no longer needed. Then next day my job position was posted on line.
Pros
liked working with the old people
Cons
not honest
great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  atlantaJuly 22, 2014
it was awesome,get to meet different people over the world , the supervisor and manger were great
Culture is Contagious
Dental Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2013
The mission of ACC, providing compassionate care in a mobile environment, is evident in the decisions of the CEO all the way to the team members that provide our patients with healthcare.
I have the privilege of working both in the corporate office and in the field (both Correctional and Military events). The corporate office is always focused on supporting our field team members so that they are able to provide quality care. They also are intent on ensuring that those team members that don't demonstrate our mission are not used again to treat our patients. The field team members care about our patients and carry our culture to every event that they work.
This is a great place to work; everyone is treated like family and you are able to be part of something that is bettering the health of those that would normally not be able to access healthcare.
Pros
great culture, provide healthcare to those in need, good pay
Cons
long hours in the field
Wonderful company with great values!
Event Employee (Current Employee) –  Around the countryJuly 17, 2013
I have worked for ACC Health in many capacities and I have never known a job to be as rewarding as this. Working with the Service Members on their Military Events always proves to be hard work, with long hours but somehow it feels as if the day flies. I couldn't think of a negative thing to say if I tried.
Pros
culture, comradery
Cons
n/a
A typical small cliquish office
Corporate employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 11, 2013
This is a very cliquish office probably because most corporate employees are related. If you're not related then you better be prepared to spend lots of time outside of work doing extracurricular activities with the company, on your own dime. The pay may seem fair, but since they don't offer group health insurance the pay doesn't seem so great after all. When you get hired you better be sure that's what you want to do, because there's absolutely no room for job growth or career advancement in this company, unless your kin.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare insurance, no potential for professional advancement, very demanding of time
Rewarding giving back to the Military.
assistant (Former Employee) –  CAApril 30, 2013
Not organized on travel arrangements, play favorites. Not enough work to quit your job for. People come and go through this company quickly, they don't seem to be able to keep their employee's.
Pros
working with the Military is a pleasure.
Cons
hard work, long hours, weekends mostly, little to no breaks.
Working for the corporate office in Albuquerque is a joke unless you are family
corporate office employee (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueApril 26, 2013
the corporate office is all family based. If you walk in as a stranger good luck if someone doesn't like you.
Pros
pay
Cons
they are not flexible to new ideas or suggestions on best practices
A Pleasure to work for this company!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2012
I worked as a Team Lead for military dental events for many years. I got to travel all over the country and was always supported by the home office with every single issue that came up, which happens often with this type of mobile care. From staff missing flights to equipment delivery delays, the management always had my back. The CEO, Ginny Berger is one of the most ethical, professional leaders I have ever had the pleasure to work for. To this day, I am fiercely loyal and if I was needed I would return without any hesitation whatsoever. I only gave it low stars for job security because of contracts.
Pros
travel, compensation, ethical leadership
Cons
contract ended, so job ended
trying to run a company from across country is a joke
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 5, 2012
The Dentists they hired were less than capable people, when I complained about the lack of care for the patients I was removed from my position pending investigation.
There was no consideration for the inmates level of care, it was ethically wrong and therefore I stood up and said something and lost my job as a result.
Pros
paid well
Cons
the dentist was very rough and didn't treat the patients with compassion
Hard work but Enjoyable.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 23, 2012
The job was doing Dental tx on our Soilders that are Deploying over seas and who just came back from oveer seas.I learn to work with and around alot of important people. It was a very rewarding Job for me , I got to travel all over the State and meet alot of Great People.
Pros
it gave me time to go to medical assisting school
Cons
there is none.
pruductive and fulfilling
Dental procedures, team lead for events (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2012
Loved this job . Got to serve our country with my dental skills. Meet and worked with difrent co-workers at every event. Fast paced and loved the joy I felt when our soldiers got treated with the respect they desierved.
Pros
got to see our beautyful contry. got the fulfilment of serving our military
treating soldiers to be medically combat ready
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, NEApril 24, 2012
I enjoy the fast paced work environment . I'm very detailed oriented so I like to make certain everything is done prior to the physician seeing the patient .
Pros
usually see over 100 soldier per day
Cons
no followup treatments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3