ACC

ACC Employee Reviews

Loving children
Student Leader (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 12, 2015
My job was simply to love children and that is exactly what I did. This was a volunteering position at a church in which I was given a handful of 3rd grade girls to grow with and teach the word to. I stayed with this group of girls until high school in which they were too old. I have relationships with each of these young women and love them all as my sisters. They are smart and talented women and I am so happy to have been a part of their life in such an inspirational way.
a job with room for advancement
mail room clerk (Former Employee), 400 west ave Rochester, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: being able to be your own boss, see beautiful scenery and just ride
Cons: some days of hard work can be hard on the body
just thinking back to when i first started i was a order puller, then i learned th in/out of warehouse i was moved to different Dept where i became a truck loader for awhile and then a driver position came available and i was Asked wuld i like to become a driver and i excepted with a pay bonus
enjoyable working environment
Work Study (Former Employee), long beach, CAJanuary 30, 2015
co-workers were pleasant, i learned how to do more things in an office setting, running errands and getting to know the staff at ACC.
Developed administrative and leadership skills
Information Management Journeyman (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 19, 2015
A had a great supervisor that really took me in and showed me the administrative side of my career field. I really learned leadership skills under him.
Great group of people.
Admin./Clerk (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Austin community college offered me the chance to work and attend college courses at the same time. I worked with Adult Education, in GED and ESL. I wish I could have stayed full-time.
Program Director: ACC Center Elmhurst, IL. est. 1978
Program Director (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILNovember 9, 2014
Pros: strong devotion
Cons: time
Responsibilities: Responsible for a complete report monthly to the Board. Budget, purchase and inventory of supplies. Restructured operational infrastructure to stabilize revenues and client attendance. Staff training, Program evaluation, Staff evaluation, Prepare monthly and Annual report to the Board of Directors. Plan, develop, schedule, evaluate and implement daily programs. Oversee meals and procedures keeping in mind regulations of the DuPage County Health Department. Keep records. Public Relations. Speak to community groups and maintain relationships with community leaders.
Regional management employee confidence issues.
Manager (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueOctober 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits!
Cons: upper management confidence issues.
Even if they tell you they're glad you're there they will not trust you, and will turn their back against you because they've developed an extremely close, sometimes too close, relationship with others in the same office, even to the point of having fellow employees spy on others in the office.
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Elmira, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you can earn bonus
Cons: alot of hang up calls
You are a telephone representative. You take surveys. Need good communication skills.
Great Place to work
NRCMA (Former Employee), Amarillo TexasAugust 25, 2014
Fun place to work and a great place to learn many new things. nothing like making a child smile and feel better
Productive and fun environment
Computer Tutor (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJuly 22, 2014
I'd go into a classroom and wait for students to arrive. All the while doing my own homework, well whatever I needed to do on the computer. The management and my co-workers helped me to understand that we're not alone in college. When you have a problem like computer illiteracy, you need to tell someone. That's why I took a Computer Confluence class the following semester.
Good compensation, Bad environment
Office Assistant/Community Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 15, 2014
They cover your monthly rent up to the amount of a 4-bedroom unit but because you live where you work you are basically always working.
I like to help individuals accomplish goals or things that can't accomplish
Student (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2014
Pros: equality, family enviroment, great bosses
Cons: don't have anything bad to say
My personality and dedication to society is amazing. I love working with individuals, and helping them accomplish goals that have never accomplished before. I'm such a people person, and my drive is what gives me the motivation to continue on. My perseverance and attitude to never quit, helps me do my job to the best of my ability.
Full Time Student
Student (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 19, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: lack of compensation
Personally rewarding but there comes a time to put the skills learned to work.
Enjoyed the small company atmosphere
Administrative Assistant Customer Svc Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 20, 2014
The people were wonderful and loved working for this company we were like family. The company closed and is no longer in business.
Great place to work.
Program Assistant-Health Aide (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2014
Love my fob, great place to work but, not a full time position.
worst
CSR (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 4, 2014
company to ever work for the are not flexable and don't care if you have family emergencys after beging and
Productive work days
Leader of a group of accountants (Current Employee), Lebanon, and UAEFebruary 25, 2014
One of the best days for me at work when we start making reporting for Management, we will feel stressed, but at the end of the day you will find results, hardest part is when you are making reports for government but your information are missing waiting for other departments to forward for you files to continue working. at the end you will learn commitment, team work, work under pressure. And i call this experience.
I helped, I learned and I trained. I loved it
animal care officer [level 2 managerial] (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2013
Pros: helping so many animals in so many ways
Cons: we cant save them all, we perform euthanasia daily.
if you really want a job that makes a difference and you like animals this is it. I'd get to work an d change into uniform. check in medical for sick animals. work around the shelter and inspect the rooms and cages. off to my office to set up duties for my staff, while checking email. open the office and shelter. customer serves, adoptions, training, medical, euthanasia. check staff for safety while starting my animal inventory. make sure we made it out with out getting hurt today.
State jobs can be difficult
Distance Learning Coordinator (Current Employee), Graham, NCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, office location and colleagues
Cons: management, communication and state budget
ACC is a wonderful place to work because of the colleagues I have, but with all the budget costs we have had to do more for less. For example, I am in charge of a department and I am my department yet I am expected to have good productivity regardless that they won't hire another person. Also, with the government shutdown and the economy, we don't know the status of Financial Aid which helps students and this can be a domino effect therefore encouraging me to look for a Corporate job. Benefits are great, can't say the same on how things are managed but all in all, I would be totally content to stay if I had help or room to grow.
A high paced challenging work environment that suits my needs to thrive in the workforce
Receptionist/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach SCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: owner bought breakfast every morning, made us eat together as a team to start off day, owner was always concerned about employee happiness, teammembers were outstanding to work with
Cons: health insurance was a bit costly.
Learned about fire, water, and mold restorations, and was trained on each procedure the team used. Everyday I logged records, answered phones to include scheduling appointments and emergency dispatch. Handled front desk and all office duties. Managed and trained two co-workers. The hardest part of my job was coming up with a better system to make financial systems more effective. Followed up with each client and handled any customer service issues. ACC was a fun and unique place to work. I loved the upbeat fast paced and new challenges everyday and enjoyed working with customers hands on.