ACCC Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great workplace friendly coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Loved thd workplace, people friendly, very organized, great offerings. Every morning or afternoon entering or exiting the building their wouldn’t be one person that would say hi, or bye! Love the company great people!
Overworked and under appreciated
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 22, 2017
I worked at Accc for a little over 3 years. When I first began it seemed like a great company with room to grow and plenty of potential. However, management changed and it went downhill fast. You’re a salaried associate without a lot of the salary benefits. The hours are M-F 8:30-5. However 4 out of 5 days I would have to take a laptop home and stay up until 12-1 am just trying to stay caught up. However, with that company there is no such thing as caught up. You are extremely micro managed, over worked, and not appreciated. Horrible company.
Pros
Good coworkers. Wouldn’t have made it without them
Cons
Micromanaged, extremely high workload, never showed appreciation but sure to get reprimanded if you do something wrong
Fair pay, horrible management
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
You are going to work more than 40 hours every week. Stay on top of everything and never take time off and you might make it.

The pay can be fair but they certainly are not doing things by the book.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
All else management to work load
Unstable Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
There are so many other offices and all the customer service representatives do their own thing, not because they just want to but because their supervisors are not any better.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Hour lunch
Cons
Micromanage, Managers have favorites, little to no pay raise
Don’t plan on staying for long
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2017
At first they want to have you believe they love their employees. Only to quickly have that change! Very much so a clique company! If you’re not immediate family or kissing your bosses a**, then you won’t advance any! The HR department isn’t any better, if you go to them with a complaint, they make you feel like you have no right to complain. In fact I was told “I should be grateful for even having a job” when my supervisor was doing something unethical!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Horrible management & HR department.
Ok place
Senior Claims Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Some of the management was great is all they had however the company had many customer service complainants stressful at times not enough help and not advancement in the near future
Pros
commute was not far of a drive
Cons
stressful
A mix of laid-back and quick-paced
Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Good place for students fresh out of high school or college to get work experience. The workload usually depends on the day with mondays being the most busy and fridays being the least.

Management is alright but there does seem to be a lack of communication.
Pros
pto, nice break room, gym
Cons
short lunch break
Not a good place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2017
Over 400 claims pending when I started, left with still over 200 claims; constant changes, bad management, blames the adjusters for this, people leave all the time, their pending is then spread out, takes 5-8 months to hire the new person, then someone leaves again and it just keeps going and going!
Pros
Xmas party
Cons
see above
agreeable
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2017
I learned a lot at this company and I enjoyed what I did. I met good people and I enjoyed the companies activities. this job pushed me to want better for myself and my family
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
bad communication between departments
Impossible co-workers & low morale
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Everyone was always mad about something and always dumped their load of work on you last second without even saying thank you. You always had to take the blame and clean up everyone else's mess.
Pros
Lunch breaks & my own cubicle
Cons
Constant greif from my coworker
A very happy employee
Property Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
I have been working at ACCC Insurance as Property Damage Adjuster for almost a year now. I must say that I have truly enjoyed my time here! I have worked for two much larger well known companies and I only felt like another body there. Working here feels more like your apart of a family and not just a number. The atmosphere is very pleasant, employees and managers are nice and helpful. We do have a high work load of claims per adjuster BUT the company is making some great changes to make it better. I have found that if you do your job, not complain, come to work on time, and put in the extra work when needed you will be noticed and rewarded. I see so many people move up in new positions they really are about pormoting from within the company. I would recommend it to anyone who is will to work and not complain. I don't know much about the benefits since I don't use them but they have an awesome gym, new work equipment for you to do your job with, a really nice building and break area!
Pros
Nice employees, awesome gym, work life balance, helping charities
Cons
Dealing with complainers who can bring down the morale
Great job expirience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BemmarkApril 2, 2017
The employees there are expected to do a lot . They do recognize how hard their employees work . We feel appreciated and cared for . The CEO was very involved with his empl
quiet, task focused environment with benefits and is family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
I learned how to multitask, work with difficult customers and support and encourage the success of others. The management was very understanding, and still implemented protocol and policies.
Pros
fun events scheduled for employees
Cons
not the best health benefits
Fun Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
This is a great place to work for, the work load is not too heavy and the supervisors are so nice. Love seeing all friendly faces and will make long-term friends in this company.
Floating Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
A non-standard insurance company that is growing and interested in educating their employee's on the auto insurance standards.
I learned about auto insurance and how IT supports the business.
No value in their employees
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
You will learn how to handle any claim that comes your way but the company does not put much value into their employees. The work life balance is non existant
Pros
Graet place to learn how to work a claim.
Cons
No value for it's employees
The worse company i have ever worked for.
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 23, 2017
Bad atmosphere; bad management; just plain bad. No training for new hires; no management assistance; poorly written policies and concealment of actual coverage information from customers.
do not apply, you will regret it
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2016
Management: bad
workload: more than most insurance companies
Salary: normal
The company is going thru a lot of changes. However, they don't know how to make those changes and instead of blaming themselves for doing a bad job as a managers, they just blame the adjusters. If you can apply somewhere else, do it. Otherwise, you will regret it.
Rapidly Growing Company / Too Fast For Conditions
Liability Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 24, 2016
Overall, great company to work with IF you're loyal and have high work ethics. Sure, you've got the downsides, like any other rapidly growing company, but, they're slowly building up to endure change.

Do not come here if you're looking to hang out with the next cubicle neighbor. It's time to get down and dirty, making sure to clear out all those "bad/stagnant" claims. When times are hard, hard work must be put in, but plan on reaping what you sow. If you've worked hard, you won't go unnoticed.

You'll always have your group of complainers and you'll have your group with positive attitudes. If you're in the latter group, please join and help build your dynasty. If you're in the first group, don't bother coming (you can do your complaining ANYWHERE else).

Benefits are good, but they could be better. Pay is on the lower side, but what do you expect coming in with no experience (and especially no good attitude demanding high pay)????

Very flexible and understanding company. Good work/life balance (if you have a life).

Management is getting there, slowly but surely. A few more nuts and bolts to tighten, and we'll be good to go. Great place that promotes from within (you need to put in your work) and good place to start an insurance career, if it peaks your interest.

It's all about passion and loving what you do. You don't like what you do? Go find your niche and stop wasting your time jumping from company to company because....the problem is now you, not the companies you're leaving (if you're doing that).

Be prepared to hit the ground
  more... running. Only the best thrive in this environment. Are you ready?  less
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Flexible, Family Oriented
Cons
Growing Pains, One or Two Complainers
Adjusters need to be adjusters not treated like Phone Representatives
claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  houstonJanuary 17, 2016
The company has a lot of ideas to be great but I don't think they know about the claims works.
A claims adjuster cannot have a work load of 200 pending claims, and expect them to answer and return every single call and voicemail, that will cause him or her to have 250 pending claims.
Key: To be able to provide excellent service, pay claims quickly or deny claims quickly, the adjuster need to have between 90 and 100 claims, more than 110 is too much to be able to concentrate on everything, to be able to clear out your diary every day, to answer calls "babysit the claims" and answer repetitive questions to claimants and insured's and at the same time to ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO WORK HIS DIARY, aka YOUR CLAIMS. no more than 110 claims allowed per adjuster as pending. if they give less claims to the adjusters, they can actually ask better questions when taking a recorded statement and not rush thru the call, to actually review ISO more in detail, catch fraudulent claims, pay ESTIMATES the same you get them, transfer TOTAL LOSSES the same day, rentals, pay subro's, create release forms, follow up with attorney's and answer the phone. if they do that, no more than 110 pending claims rule. they will succeed. but if they have adjusters with 180 pending claims and expect them to write down every voicemail like 5 year old kids, and answer all the calls but ignore your claims, the adjuster will either quit or give bad service and get behind with his claims= company will look bad. and that's the thing, you can't expect to succeed as a company and expect perfect
  more... service if you have the adjusters working 200 claims.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCC Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8