JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Development Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join a fast growing biotechnology company. This position will work in the R&D department in the development on new Biotech and Medical products. The main focus of this position is the design and development of new products from conceptualization to transfer to manufacturing.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to conceptual design and create concepts for the design of new biotech products.
- Mechanical design engineering to create original designs for new products that include mechanisms, fluid handling, motion control, and disposable designs.
- CAD modeling of new designs using Solidworks and design validation tools.
- Conduct analysis of mechanical designs using Excel and classical analysis. Experience with structural, rotational, and thermal FEA analysis and CFD is a plus.
- Develop prototypes - the engineer will work with our internal machine shop or outside suppliers to procure parts for prototypes. The engineer will have access to a state of the art CNC prototype shop running MasterCam for Solidworks.
- Integration and Debug – the engineer will be responsible for supporting the assembly and debug of the new designs. Support of transfer to manufacturing will be required.
- The engineering will be responsible for drawings and other design documentation.
- This person will be required to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and life scientists.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of work experience in development engineering in a biotech or medical company
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with SolidWorks FEA and CFD is a plus
- Good understanding of the relationship between product design and manufacturing
Please reply if you meet the basic requirements. We look forward to meeting you.
An equal opportunity employer.