Accela Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
decline to state
EA (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 16, 2017
decline to state. typical day is Monday and Wed's food is brought in for lunch which is nice. work life balance is nice but it also means you'll work during every vacation you take.
Company is quirky, amateurish, and in financial troubles
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  anonymousOctober 4, 2016
CEO was fired in June 2016, along with massive layoffs. The company's financial status is such that partner/vendors have to obtain waivers to work with Accela due to unpaid bills. Like many niche companies, the original backbone of smart, creative people have since moved on, leaving the jealously turf-protecting middle management that clings and clogs organizations worldwide. There is no PMO, no uniform best practices or even concise guidance.
Pros
good salary, very good benefits
Cons
no future here
Consistent change with management and team structure
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 26, 2016
Get ready for change with team, projects, and management it happens every month or week since I started 2 years ago. It's quite challenging, many departments lack training and awareness of changes happening.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Projects and teams change like the wind
Fun place
Sr. Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 30, 2016
Company is growing really fast. Constant changes, high turn over in certain Departments but over all it's an ok place to work at
no stability
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 8, 2016
there is no stability at Accela Inc. Management is very confused, too much attrition.
they keep having re org in all the department.
Average company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  HomeFebruary 20, 2016
Accela does the basics for its employees--decent benefits, less-than-average time off, less than the COLA annual increase. Travel is expected--it is supposed to be about fifty percent but is usually more. The people are awesome to work with. Management fluctuates from incompetent to amazing.
Pros
Good benefits, good employees, remote work
Cons
Expectations of more than 40 hour work weeks. Not great management. Terrible CEO.
Fun Work place
Business Development Executive / Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 3, 2016
This is a great start up company, and a great environment and fellow staff and co-workers. The only thing is the company can get ahead of itself sometimes and can tend to go about standard operating procedures and processes backwards. But I love the work connecting with clients, giving webex and gotomeeeting webinars and demos of our excellent solutions. Best part of the job is closing a deal you have worked so hard on!
Pros
Great co-workers, and free lunches
Cons
fuzzy direction and lack of communication from management
Productive and Inspiring
Office Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 26, 2015
Accela LLC., not only allowed me to broaden my horizons and to break into the business aspect of health care. Having battled with Cancer within my family one sometimes forgets how patiently the people on the industry side of it work earnestly and with passion giving to patience a sense of strength and peace
Pros
I was allowed to bring my dog Miss Rosie on certain days, but overall the team comradery and respect that was held.
Cons
Due to budget cutbacks I was not able to stay longer with the company, but wish them all the success and am happy in knowing the importance that they do.
Accela Government Software
Sr. Software Support Rep (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 16, 2015
Accela is a great company and treats it's employees well. We are busy helping government agencies with all their software needs. Hardest part of the job is the complexity of the software. Family oriented.
Uncomfortable Environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 5, 2015
This company did not care how many hours you worked, it was never enough. Some nights worked as late as 10:30 pm with no dinner break. I was told after I left there were five different people working my desk over a three month period. Beware !!!
Accela
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San RamonJune 4, 2015
Please do your research and ask questions before you accept the position. I didn't, and found out that it's not at all what they lead you to believe. Ask about their long term plans and if the growth they are anticipating is realistic. Ask to see the entire office and note the small work area, especially where we, software engineers, sit. At times I have to wear my headphones to concentrate.
Just like any other pre-IPO software company, it's very demanding and hi pressure to get new releases out.
C-level leadership is lacking.
Pros
All you can eat snacks
Cons
C-level leadership is lacking.
free lunches, nice office space
Professional (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 16, 2015
small company environment that is growing.
people are friendly and willing to help you if needed
work environment is hip and modern
Positive Team Environment.
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 25, 2014
Great company to work for. Job was fast paced. Answered phone and answered Tec Support questions for proprietary software.
Pros
They treat employees like family.