Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews

what you learned
DEBURR / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Salem, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: they help people live better lives!
Cons: management rules by preference !!
i learn the people comes and go at this place !! they demand a high standard for employees. but manage with a low standard.
Very interesting working with parts that will be entering your body
Production Worker (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 21, 2015
Worked for agency who I received Job from and was laid off after 6 months along with 9 other employees. Went to Job Fair Hosted at Accellent Inc. and had the expierence and was not called the agency told me later they don't like Rehiring people laid off. WHY did it have to do with work related, I would have been fired if that was the case. I think I should have at least been told why.
A day at work was interesting knowing the product I was working with and the reason for the product being built.
Management was very unproductive.
co-workers ok
Hardest part of Job. really wasn't.
Job Security?
Machinist (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: clean enviornment
Cons: job security
This company rarely hires there temp employees. This is truly a shame, being that a large part of their workforce consist of temp to hire personal.
Opprotunity for hire-minimal!
Machinist (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: clean work enviornment
Cons: they are extremley slow to hire any temps.
Accellent could be a great company if not for their policy on hiring the temporary employees.

I worked for this company for 2 years as a temp. That's right, 2 years, no joke. I asked repeatedly if the company was going to hire me, but nothing seemed to be in the works. This was the case with all the temps this company employees.

I was a very good worker, I knew my job very well, I was punctual, but none of this mattered. My boss had gone to human resources countless times on my behalf, yet he was unable to get me hired. I finally said enough was enough and found a job willing to hire me as a machinist.
Great place to learn and grow
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: takes over a year to get hired
A medical parts manufacturer with interest in sports medicine. A great company to work for, with great benefits. Management is always helpful and makes sure their employees are properly trained with a complete understanding policy and procedures.
Productive place with great people
Finisher/ Clean Room Technician (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. It is a well rounded company with good management. They focus on quality over quantity. There is no boss standing over you demanding numbers.
Cutting edge technology for Medical Device Manufacturing
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great befefits
Cons: huntsville operations were moved to other locations.
Accellent purchased Campbell Engineering after approximately 30 years of successful operations.Great upside to be employed with Accellent. Finacially strong company with a vision for the future.The transition appeared to be a positive experience for all involved. Unfortunately, this location closed and work was moved to other Accellent locations.
Always Enjoyed Projects and co workers
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable collegues
develop teams for cross functional engineering, design parts from cradle to grave.

Dynamic company to work for, recession took a hit on the engineering dept for R&D
my time at Accellent
Machine Operator / Finisher (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: all the hours i wanted
Cons: leaving for the day
I was able to work all the overtime I wanted. sometimes I would work up to 18 hours a day. I was taught many things about the process of machining parts from making it to finishing it. the management allowed us freedom to work as long as we got our work completed.my coworkers were very helpful in my training. The hardest part of the job for me was going home cause I loved it there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they all were so nice and helpful.
fun and working well
Machinist#3 (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 22, 2014
-come and do my job everyday
-learn how to do good job
- my co-workers are good
-hardest parts of job -no
-making good parts ,that is enjoyable
Not Worth Your Time
doesn't matter (Former Employee), Laconia, NHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: plenty of free t-shirts
Cons: managment, dishonesty
I dedicated many years to this company with nothing in return. Preach advancement and open door policy. They pretend to hire internally for higher positions but are just putting employees on with the internal job posting. You are supposed to feel free to speak with management and management mocks and makes light of your problems. Better to not speak with them and stay out of their radar.
good clean place to work
tooling and fixture maker (Former Employee), Trenton, GASeptember 15, 2014
accellent was a good clean place to work with good benefits.
would be a great place if it had better management
deburr operator (Former Employee), salem,vaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: i guess you have some what of a job
Cons: short breaks no jewlery
I worked here a year and I have to say they have a good thing going on with the medical field however...the management sucks! things there change like the wind. words really cant express the way that place is ran you have to be there to experience how unorganized it is there with that said STAY AWAY you will regret it.
productive
Grinder (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: overtime to be worked
Cons: machinery fumes
go into work at 2 p.m. and work til midnight. Grind and measure needles for lasic eye surgery. Did medical and surgical supplies. Made sure that the measurements on the needles and the angles of the needles were correct. Cleaned and got product ready to be shipped out.
21st century slave shop
Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2014
Pros: it went out of business
Cons: it was there for a little bit
In two words, It sucked. And in three more words, It ssucked very bad. I guess some people like working 12 hour days seven days a week. But,, they can not be normal people. Poor management and over worked people, and extremely over paid managers ran this place out. Good riddens too. I had to star out the dirty parts of the words that are not inappropiate language......Believe me,alot can be used in describing that place.
Great coworkers
Finisher 1/Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month and good coworkers
Cons: expensive and not so good health benefits. not very good pay
My coworkers are the reason I have stayed. The work is ok. There isn't enough opportunity for advancement.
Productive Place to work
Machinist (Former Employee), Salem, VAJune 25, 2014
Very Productive and was able to listen to music overhead through out shop.
Job not a career
Operator, Operations II (Current Employee), Salem, VAJune 22, 2014
My co workers are great to work with. this company is a great company to work with. not much room for employee advancement
Accellent manufactured quality products, as proud to be a part of those products.
Fab technician (Former Employee), Trappe, PAMay 22, 2014
Pros: we had monthly town meetings, there were employee activities
Cons: healthcare was too expensive, and the company wasn't flexible enough with the pto time an employee earned.
I like having the opportunity of doing a job from start to finish, I working the fabrication department for 12 years, the rest of my employment was in the Stem Department. It as in this department, I was given the opportunity work on parts from RSLs to the finished product.
Great place to work, too bad it was seasonal
(Seasonal), Laser Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was a relaxed atmosphere
Cons: i had to sit the whole day
I loved working at Accellent. I was a laser operator making heart stents out of platinum. There was a great deal of math involved and was challenged every day. I prefer to be up and moving at all times but this was my first sit down job, it was a good change.