Accellent Inc.

Accellent Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive Place to work
Machinist (Former Employee), Salem, VAJune 25, 2014
Very Productive and was able to listen to music overhead through out shop.
Job not a career
Operator, Operations II (Current Employee), Salem, VAJune 22, 2014
My co workers are great to work with. this company is a great company to work with. not much room for employee advancement
Accellent manufactured quality products, as proud to be a part of those products.
Fab technician (Former Employee), Trappe, PAMay 22, 2014
Pros: we had monthly town meetings, there were employee activities
Cons: healthcare was too expensive, and the company wasn't flexible enough with the pto time an employee earned.
I like having the opportunity of doing a job from start to finish, I working the fabrication department for 12 years, the rest of my employment was in the Stem Department. It as in this department, I was given the opportunity work on parts from RSLs to the finished product.
Great place to work, too bad it was seasonal
(Seasonal), Laser Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was a relaxed atmosphere
Cons: i had to sit the whole day
I loved working at Accellent. I was a laser operator making heart stents out of platinum. There was a great deal of math involved and was challenged every day. I prefer to be up and moving at all times but this was my first sit down job, it was a good change.
Good place for a self motivated independant worker
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: competative compensation
Cons: no job security. no career developement
This company is a stable growing company. For individual growth and advancement, the individual is responsible. There is little career development/ mentoring available. The work environment is friendly but the feeling of security is lacking.

I enjoyed my time with the company and felt that I was a contributor to the success although I don't feel that – more... my skills were realized or utilized effectively.

Maybe as they grow, the management team will be able to function on the high level that they need to. – less
They fire without reason
Lead Swiss CNC Machinist (Former Employee), sturbridge, massJanuary 22, 2014
Not a great place to work. The management has never been in a machine shop.
This is a wonderful company to work for. This also was a temporary assignment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: not good for a person for a person who likes family time.
Accellent has a lot of overtime. My co-workers where so kind and friendly. There is so much overtime 7 days a week it hard to have family time. I learned a lot of new skills there and was able to do the job.
Fast-paced with attention to detail workplace
Shares Services Representative (Former Employee), Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: quarterly team-building luncheons and a manager who was flexible.
Cons: constant deadlines, restrictions in use of paid time off.
The main function of the job was to apply the cash receipts timely. I learned how to prioritize my job responsibilities. I learned how to apply cash in multiple systems.

Team work was essential to being successful and I was fortunate to work with a great bunch of people.

I wasn't micro-managed. However, if there were issues my manager was available – more... for resolution.

The most challenging part of the job was being able to perform all the duties while meeting the deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I got from a job well-done. – less
Poor Safety standards
Set Up Technician/Operator (Former Employee), Arvada, CODecember 1, 2013
Various health And safety issues............................................................................................................................................................................................
Great place to work. People are real nice
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Salem, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: very challenging position
Cons: no really cons at this place
Accellent is a great place to work and I really wish I could stay here.
They love me here and don't want me to leave. Family is in Florida so I am seeking a comparable position in florida before I leave.
Great benefits and fun place to work
Tool and Die Machinist- I (Former Employee), Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: weekend shift
Cons: changed to night shift
I really enjoyed working there. I would machine and repair parts for the production floor. I liked my first manager he was a really nice guy, but was not a good manager. The hardest part of my job was working third shift 10pm- 6:30am. I liked it when I was working weekend shift 5:30am-5pm Friday-Sun. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got – more... to redesign a cutter on a coil machine. – less
Very fun place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Brimfield, MAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: nice place to work. my boss was so understanding
Cons: have to drive farther than i wanted to.
Assisted accountant with bank reconciliations and assets. Very much a team enviroment. Hardworker in a very deadline driven environment.
Good place to work for
Inspector/Packer/Shipper Temp Work (Former Employee), Laconia, NHOctober 12, 2013
I liked working there your constantly working and don't have time to look at the clock time goes by quick really liked it .All the co workers and managers were great
CNC Machinist
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brimfield, MAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: good hourly employees
Cons: mangement could care less about the employees
Don't get laid off and reapply later even when they are advertising for jobs in your field your chances are zero
Shared Services Collector; works with a great team to get the job done.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 22, 2013
Perform collections for a fast pace high volume manufacturing company. Ensure customer receives invoices and plans on remitting payment leading to timely payment. Support cash application ensuring customer payments are applied correctly. Advise customers in strategies for resolving chargeback‚Äôs debits. Work with internal personnel to resolve any administrative – more... issues preventing payment such as pricing, quantity, or terms issues. Ensure proper documentation is in place for collection and revenue recognition purposes. – less
Best job I ever had.
Machinist, Prototype Supervisor, Fixture Developer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2013
Allowed employees to master their skills and considered their input.
It was a pretty cool job to work at
Quality Control/Machine Operator (Former Employee), UplandAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches at times
Cons: sometimes not enough time for breaks
It was a fast pace job,the hardest part was reading blue prints.I learned that they use the medical parts for patients in surgery.
awful place to work, lots of cliques, lots of foreigners who remain silent
CNC machinist (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 28, 2013
Cons: lousy healthcare
lots of pressure on production in which case quality is sacrificed, higher-ups strut about, laughing and doing nothing, working there like a bad dream, never any encouragement just criticism.
Not a bad place
Micro Machinist/Operator (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: stll some really good folks there
Cons: too indecisive on their beliefs and philosophy.
The company that I left was not the company that I loved to work for in the beginning. In my opinion Accellent is in an identity crises. They have changed shift hours 5 times and in recent times had mandatory 6 and 7 day work weeks. Not bad if you are single or have no life. There is a whole lot of management secretes considering that Accellent promotes – more... an open door policy. It used to pride itself on being a family focused we care about our employees well being company until it followed the corporate philosophies of lets focus on the bottom line who cares what our workers want. Well I would say if I had to rank Accellent on a 1-10 scale with 1 the lowest and 10 the highest I would give it a 3. Now with that being said the former management and the treatment of the employees 4yrs ago would have received 5 stars on all areas..Accellent was the best place to work then I miss those days. I would have never left. – less
run don't walk
Brain control specialist (Current Employee), good ole Brooklyn ParkAugust 12, 2013
Pros: you get your own parking spot after ten years
Cons: not too many more people will get a spot unless they are already at 8 yrs
If you enjoy Carnies and used car salesmen this is the place! They will tell you what you want to hear and the sad realization slowly creeps up on you. Honestly, integrity......... you will hear that often from some of the upper level plant management, just buzz words no definition. When you hear those terms stay on your toes something is up and they – more... do not want you to look behind the curtain. You would be wise to not drink the cool-aid. In my time here I have seen many good people get the same outcome, gone.
A lot of really good people on the floor but being treated increasing more poorly. Been there for 20 or better years and they all know how bad it is, but what to do in this economy? I will tell you, skip this pop stand if at all possible and if you don't listen when you hear the buzz words listed above hit the deck and stay low. The DOO is the ring leader and by my guess he has about 2-3 followers the rest must look like they are. – less

rank – September 25, 2013

I have been here a short time and I wish I had read this prior to coming on board. alot of talent have left the building and I hope I am next. What comes around goes around and I will party hardy when the DOO gets his.

rank – October 17, 2013

management is scared do as I say or else........ HR? does that stand for human recycling? /Quality? huh only if they catch on..... Clearly they are bent on selling the company again, the only way you could possibly treat the employees the way they do, do them over and over again and one more time just for fun they are statrting to like it It feels good when they stop which is not often. stand up? how dare you! your gone right now. Is the Doo related to the dude from the country where they used chemicals .? he was from michigan wasn't hr?

1 2 3