Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

The job tasks where decent as was the pay and the shift was hard (3rd)
CNC setup machinist/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 12, 2015
I actually enjoyed the work there and some of the people where great. The culture there was not that good. Some co workers made the work environment pretty toxic and distasteful at times.

The job task where challenging and varied from day to day. The management cared more and more about numbers than anything else. How many parts, how many scrap, who made it, how much downtime, etc. It usually is (in businesses) about those but it should be about other things too.

Being a medical parts manufacture there was a big more than normal red tape and paper work but that is to be expected with things that go in or work one human bodies. Knowing that what was being and what it was used for did bring a sense of job satisfaction.
Pros
Decent pay and job tasks.
Cons
Over time it became more about the numbers less about people and other things.
My overall experience, they lack in training and boosting morale.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 11, 2016
When I first started working there I understood exactly what was needed for the day, but then over the years when ownership changed it became more difficult to understand what you were going to do for that particular day.

Basically what I learned for the most part was self-taught I had to teach myself on how to use some or if not most of the measuring gadgets, as well as filling out documents, and a lot of that I should have been trained on. According to SOP's.

In terms of management there really was no good directions from managers, I mean you never felt like you were a part of the company, for them it just seems like the bottom line was the most important aspect of the job, and to me in our field quality has to supersede quantity. But you just never felt like you could express yourself in a way that management would listen or even understand your concerns. Very sad.

The hardest part of the job was advancing your career.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other coworkers I really enjoyed that.

My co-workers were great. And anytime we needed to figure something out we help each other, great coworkers
Good place for a self motivated independant worker
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 12, 2014
This company is a stable growing company. For individual growth and advancement, the individual is responsible. There is little career development/ mentoring available. The work environment is friendly but the feeling of security is lacking.

I enjoyed my time with the company and felt that I was a contributor to the success although I don't feel that my skills were realized or utilized effectively.

Maybe as they grow, the management team will be able to function on the high level that they need to.
Pros
competative compensation
Cons
no job security. no career developement
Great place to learn and grow
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 24, 2015
A medical parts manufacturer with interest in sports medicine. A great company to work for, with great benefits. Management is always helpful and makes sure their employees are properly trained with a complete understanding policy and procedures.
Pros
good training
Cons
takes over a year to get hired
Typical production position
Furnace Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 26, 2012
A typical day consisted of working in a value stream setting up various equipment to clean,anneal, and draw medical grade metals.
Working in the cleaning and anneal value strem i have aquired new skills working as a team and and in house OSHA training,and other various safety programs.The coworkers in my value stream were reliable friendly and very professional in handling the work.The hardest part of my job was to correct mistakes comming from other cells where the material was handled last, to keep quality and production demads met. The most enjoyable part of the job was good in house training classes and very friendly coworkers.
Pros
good benifits and close to home.
Cons
very short break, and poor management support for our shift.
Good company, team oriented and dynamic enviornment
Value Stream Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 11, 2015
Progressive industry within a challenging environment. Broad range of responsibility with a very supportive management group. Ideas were received well and implemented.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Maintenance support was lacking
Not much fun
Metallurgical Technician, Accellent (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 7, 2015
Too many changes of menagement. Every menagement leading company in different direction. Very confusing.
Too many people, not well trained, and do not know to do their job.
Pros
No pros
Cons
May people work there without basic knowlege
Great company to work for, strong values and respect.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 17, 2013
Great company to work for. Culture is values driven and values are lived and practiced from the top. High expectations for performance and great rewards! Some employees do not like the accountability part but overall the company takes the time to train and support employees and instill the company's values to ensure the employee is succesful.

As an employee when you align to the values of Performance, Respect, Accountability, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Continous Improvement and live out these values everyday, you automatically experience great success, not just in your current Job but overall career! In a nutshell, this company's value system is a recipe for success. No need for policies when you are driven by these values and live them every day!

Greatly enjoy working for this company.
Pros
strong values driven culture, great rewards, good people & management team, nice facility.
Cons
work/life balance.
Very interesting working with parts that will be entering your body
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 21, 2015
Worked for agency who I received Job from and was laid off after 6 months along with 9 other employees. Went to Job Fair Hosted at Accellent Inc. and had the expierence and was not called the agency told me later they don't like Rehiring people laid off. WHY did it have to do with work related, I would have been fired if that was the case. I think I should have at least been told why.
A day at work was interesting knowing the product I was working with and the reason for the product being built.
Management was very unproductive.
co-workers ok
Hardest part of Job. really wasn't.
Challenging environment due to eminent plant closure
Quality Inspection Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 20, 2013
My job as a Quality Inspector was both proavtive and reactive. Priorities would shift due to Production and Shipping schedules. A typical day would include Receiving, First Article, and Final inspections, documentation reviews, and preparation of shipping certifications. Even though the work staff was over 60 people, the environment was more of a "family-owned" business. We worked cohesively, with the customer requirements, being our main objective.

One of the drawbacks of this job was the ever-changing management team. In the twelve years that I was employed there, Accellent had 8 Quality Managers and 7 Directors of Operation.

The hardest part of the job was during the last 10 months of operation when we knew that the plant was closing in January 2013, and that inventory levels had to be increased. With increased production, both in weekly hours and temporary employees, the inspection levels also rose.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the diversity in the QA lab. Priorities were always shifting; the job did not become routine.
Pros
diversified work day; shifting priorities, good benefits, great severance package when facility closed in january
Cons
mnagement team was ever-changing. no manager lasted more than 2½ years
Good compensation and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 8, 2015
I got along with most of my co-workers.
A typical day consisted of setting up and running machines.
See resume for more information.
Pros
Good working conditions.
Frustrating and Grueling
Machine Operator/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 1, 2013
A typical day at work involves many rumors of lay offs and firings. Once they have been cooled down, a member of the salary staff stands over your shoulder as you continue working. Many of the hourly workers are great but are under tremendous pressure from the supervisors. Overtime is mandatory and compensation doesn't feel worth the trouble that is given there.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
salary staff

Comment – June 7, 2013

Very poor management. They worries Only about numbers, no matter how you get it. Company So disorganized, nothing be planned. Employees feel SO miserable and disrespectful there. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody!

Great coworkers
Finisher 1/Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 26, 2014
My coworkers are the reason I have stayed. The work is ok. There isn't enough opportunity for advancement.
Pros
free lunch once a month and good coworkers
Cons
expensive and not so good health benefits. not very good pay
was a great company till they sold
CNC Machinist/Setup (Former Employee) –  Brimfield, MASeptember 8, 2015
learned a lot on setting up and checking parts for first time run they are a medical devise company the coworkers were great to work with and would help each other out
good clean place to work
tooling and fixture maker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GASeptember 15, 2014
accellent was a good clean place to work with good benefits.
Good employees to work with
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTApril 8, 2013
Good Company/fun and good people to work with and has good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
pass this job by
production lead (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 27, 2013
They say they want to be a top 100 company but they don't follow through with the necessary components to become one. The top managment plays favorites on all levels from the bottom up. What is tolerated by a favored employee is cause for termination in another. Everyone that I know there feels that they have NO job security whatsoever. Most of my co-workers were OK but bullies are tolerated by management because they get their numbers out, complaining will get you written up. Rude supervisors will scream in your face out on the floor and don't take the time to find out if what they are mad about is your fault or responsibility
Pros
your paycheck won't bounce
Cons
changing rules, bullies tolerated
Opprotunity for hire-minimal!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2015
Accellent could be a great company if not for their policy on hiring the temporary employees.

I worked for this company for 2 years as a temp. That's right, 2 years, no joke. I asked repeatedly if the company was going to hire me, but nothing seemed to be in the works. This was the case with all the temps this company employees.

I was a very good worker, I knew my job very well, I was punctual, but none of this mattered. My boss had gone to human resources countless times on my behalf, yet he was unable to get me hired. I finally said enough was enough and found a job willing to hire me as a machinist.
Pros
clean work enviornment
Cons
they are extremley slow to hire any temps.
my time at Accellent
Machine Operator / Finisher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I was able to work all the overtime I wanted. sometimes I would work up to 18 hours a day. I was taught many things about the process of machining parts from making it to finishing it. the management allowed us freedom to work as long as we got our work completed.my coworkers were very helpful in my training. The hardest part of the job for me was going home cause I loved it there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they all were so nice and helpful.
Pros
all the hours i wanted
Cons
leaving for the day
Not Worth Your Time
doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHSeptember 24, 2014
I dedicated many years to this company with nothing in return. Preach advancement and open door policy. They pretend to hire internally for higher positions but are just putting employees on with the internal job posting. You are supposed to feel free to speak with management and management mocks and makes light of your problems. Better to not speak with them and stay out of their radar.
Pros
plenty of free t-shirts
Cons
managment, dishonesty