Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews

This was a good place to work.
Manufacturing/Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 28, 2016
This was a good place to work. The company ownership has changed hands a number of times since I left. I think they are now called Lake Region Medical.
low moral
lead (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 28, 2016
lots of favoritism and lack of management support. poor moral and upper management is only concern about themselves. Lack of advancement beyond lead role unless your in the right circle.
My overall experience, they lack in training and boosting morale.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 11, 2016
When I first started working there I understood exactly what was needed for the day, but then over the years when ownership changed it became more difficult to understand what you were going to do for that particular day.

Basically what I learned for the most part was self-taught I had to teach myself on how to use some or if not most of the measuring gadgets, as well as filling out documents, and a lot of that I should have been trained on. According to SOP's.

In terms of management there really was no good directions from managers, I mean you never felt like you were a part of the company, for them it just seems like the bottom line was the most important aspect of the job, and to me in our field quality has to supersede quantity. But you just never felt like you could express yourself in a way that management would listen or even understand your concerns. Very sad.

The hardest part of the job was advancing your career.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other coworkers I really enjoyed that.

My co-workers were great. And anytime we needed to figure something out we help each other, great coworkers
nice place to work
Assembler of Surgical tools in a CME (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHMarch 17, 2016
nice place to work. we all have our cells that we go to and each person has a duty. that duty needs to be done before the next person can do their job.
Pros
clean envionrment
Cons
full suit and hat and gloves. did not like wearing, tooo hot
Not much fun
Metallurgical Technician, Accellent (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 7, 2015
Too many changes of menagement. Every menagement leading company in different direction. Very confusing.
Too many people, not well trained, and do not know to do their job.
Pros
No pros
Cons
May people work there without basic knowlege
The job tasks where decent as was the pay and the shift was hard (3rd)
CNC setup machinist/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 12, 2015
I actually enjoyed the work there and some of the people where great. The culture there was not that good. Some co workers made the work environment pretty toxic and distasteful at times.

The job task where challenging and varied from day to day. The management cared more and more about numbers than anything else. How many parts, how many scrap, who made it, how much downtime, etc. It usually is (in businesses) about those but it should be about other things too.

Being a medical parts manufacture there was a big more than normal red tape and paper work but that is to be expected with things that go in or work one human bodies. Knowing that what was being and what it was used for did bring a sense of job satisfaction.
Pros
Decent pay and job tasks.
Cons
Over time it became more about the numbers less about people and other things.
Good compensation and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 8, 2015
I got along with most of my co-workers.
A typical day consisted of setting up and running machines.
See resume for more information.
Pros
Good working conditions.
was a great company till they sold
CNC Machinist/Setup (Former Employee) –  Brimfield, MASeptember 8, 2015
learned a lot on setting up and checking parts for first time run they are a medical devise company the coworkers were great to work with and would help each other out
Good company, team oriented and dynamic enviornment
Value Stream Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 11, 2015
Progressive industry within a challenging environment. Broad range of responsibility with a very supportive management group. Ideas were received well and implemented.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Maintenance support was lacking
what you learned
DEBURR / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 1, 2015
i learn the people comes and go at this place !! they demand a high standard for employees. but manage with a low standard.
Pros
they help people live better lives!
Cons
management rules by preference !!
Very interesting working with parts that will be entering your body
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 21, 2015
Worked for agency who I received Job from and was laid off after 6 months along with 9 other employees. Went to Job Fair Hosted at Accellent Inc. and had the expierence and was not called the agency told me later they don't like Rehiring people laid off. WHY did it have to do with work related, I would have been fired if that was the case. I think I should have at least been told why.
A day at work was interesting knowing the product I was working with and the reason for the product being built.
Management was very unproductive.
co-workers ok
Hardest part of Job. really wasn't.
Job Security?
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 15, 2015
This company rarely hires there temp employees. This is truly a shame, being that a large part of their workforce consist of temp to hire personal.
Pros
Clean enviornment
Cons
job security
Opprotunity for hire-minimal!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2015
Accellent could be a great company if not for their policy on hiring the temporary employees.

I worked for this company for 2 years as a temp. That's right, 2 years, no joke. I asked repeatedly if the company was going to hire me, but nothing seemed to be in the works. This was the case with all the temps this company employees.

I was a very good worker, I knew my job very well, I was punctual, but none of this mattered. My boss had gone to human resources countless times on my behalf, yet he was unable to get me hired. I finally said enough was enough and found a job willing to hire me as a machinist.
Pros
Clean work enviornment
Cons
they are extremley slow to hire any temps.
Great place to learn and grow
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 24, 2015
A medical parts manufacturer with interest in sports medicine. A great company to work for, with great benefits. Management is always helpful and makes sure their employees are properly trained with a complete understanding policy and procedures.
Pros
Good training
Cons
takes over a year to get hired
Productive place with great people
Finisher/ Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. It is a well rounded company with good management. They focus on quality over quantity. There is no boss standing over you demanding numbers.
Cutting edge technology for Medical Device Manufacturing
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 22, 2015
Accellent purchased Campbell Engineering after approximately 30 years of successful operations.Great upside to be employed with Accellent. Finacially strong company with a vision for the future.The transition appeared to be a positive experience for all involved. Unfortunately, this location closed and work was moved to other Accellent locations.
Pros
Great Befefits
Cons
Huntsville operations were moved to other locations.
Always Enjoyed Projects and co workers
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 21, 2015
develop teams for cross functional engineering, design parts from cradle to grave.

Dynamic company to work for, recession took a hit on the engineering dept for R&D
Pros
knowledgeable collegues
my time at Accellent
Machine Operator / Finisher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I was able to work all the overtime I wanted. sometimes I would work up to 18 hours a day. I was taught many things about the process of machining parts from making it to finishing it. the management allowed us freedom to work as long as we got our work completed.my coworkers were very helpful in my training. The hardest part of the job for me was going home cause I loved it there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they all were so nice and helpful.
Pros
all the hours i wanted
Cons
leaving for the day
fun and working well
Machinist#3 (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 22, 2014
-come and do my job everyday
-learn how to do good job
- my co-workers are good
-hardest parts of job -no
-making good parts ,that is enjoyable
Not Worth Your Time
doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHSeptember 24, 2014
I dedicated many years to this company with nothing in return. Preach advancement and open door policy. They pretend to hire internally for higher positions but are just putting employees on with the internal job posting. You are supposed to feel free to speak with management and management mocks and makes light of your problems. Better to not speak with them and stay out of their radar.
Pros
plenty of free t-shirts
Cons
managment, dishonesty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accellent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9