Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 13, 2017
I wore many hats at this place.
I was crossed trained in many different depts.
everyone works together especially if help/guidance is needed.
All in all awesome place to work.
Pros
all breaks paid for on an 8 hour shift
Cons
football season for BUFFALO BILLS home games TRAFFIC
good place
Lead- shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 30, 2017
good place to work, unfortuantely they get sold every 4-5 years, which it might it not ideal place to work for me, overall it was good for time i was there
Great Opportunity To Learn and Grow
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 25, 2017
Great company to learn and grow. Ability to learn and work with different cultures. Teamwork. This company is not bad but just was not for me and I grew from that.
Pros
growth
Cons
promotions
amazing benifits and amazing people to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAApril 24, 2017
Very excellent company to work for. I would Send others to this company for a job.Great people to work for and with. great bosses They pay for your one hour lunch breaks.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
healthcare
No coment
Product Development Engineer, Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I worked on many different project over the years, it was interesting and a great experience. The company has undergone many changes and I can not speak of what it is like now.
This was a good place to work.
Manufacturing/Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 28, 2016
This was a good place to work. The company ownership has changed hands a number of times since I left. I think they are now called Lake Region Medical.
low moral
lead (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 28, 2016
lots of favoritism and lack of management support. poor moral and upper management is only concern about themselves. Lack of advancement beyond lead role unless your in the right circle.
My overall experience, they lack in training and boosting morale.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 11, 2016
When I first started working there I understood exactly what was needed for the day, but then over the years when ownership changed it became more difficult to understand what you were going to do for that particular day.

Basically what I learned for the most part was self-taught I had to teach myself on how to use some or if not most of the measuring gadgets, as well as filling out documents, and a lot of that I should have been trained on. According to SOP's.

In terms of management there really was no good directions from managers, I mean you never felt like you were a part of the company, for them it just seems like the bottom line was the most important aspect of the job, and to me in our field quality has to supersede quantity. But you just never felt like you could express yourself in a way that management would listen or even understand your concerns. Very sad.

The hardest part of the job was advancing your career.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping other coworkers I really enjoyed that.

My co-workers were great. And anytime we needed to figure something out we help each other, great coworkers
nice place to work
Assembler of Surgical tools in a CME (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHMarch 17, 2016
nice place to work. we all have our cells that we go to and each person has a duty. that duty needs to be done before the next person can do their job.
Pros
clean envionrment
Cons
full suit and hat and gloves. did not like wearing, tooo hot
Not much fun
Metallurgical Technician, Accellent (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 7, 2015
Too many changes of menagement. Every menagement leading company in different direction. Very confusing.
Too many people, not well trained, and do not know to do their job.
Pros
No pros
Cons
May people work there without basic knowlege
The job tasks where decent as was the pay and the shift was hard (3rd)
CNC setup machinist/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 12, 2015
I actually enjoyed the work there and some of the people where great. The culture there was not that good. Some co workers made the work environment pretty toxic and distasteful at times.

The job task where challenging and varied from day to day. The management cared more and more about numbers than anything else. How many parts, how many scrap, who made it, how much downtime, etc. It usually is (in businesses) about those but it should be about other things too.

Being a medical parts manufacture there was a big more than normal red tape and paper work but that is to be expected with things that go in or work one human bodies. Knowing that what was being and what it was used for did bring a sense of job satisfaction.
Pros
Decent pay and job tasks.
Cons
Over time it became more about the numbers less about people and other things.
Good compensation and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 8, 2015
I got along with most of my co-workers.
A typical day consisted of setting up and running machines.
See resume for more information.
Pros
Good working conditions.
was a great company till they sold
CNC Machinist/Setup (Former Employee) –  Brimfield, MASeptember 8, 2015
learned a lot on setting up and checking parts for first time run they are a medical devise company the coworkers were great to work with and would help each other out
Good company, team oriented and dynamic enviornment
Value Stream Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 11, 2015
Progressive industry within a challenging environment. Broad range of responsibility with a very supportive management group. Ideas were received well and implemented.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Maintenance support was lacking
what you learned
DEBURR / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 1, 2015
i learn the people comes and go at this place !! they demand a high standard for employees. but manage with a low standard.
Pros
they help people live better lives!
Cons
management rules by preference !!
Very interesting working with parts that will be entering your body
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMarch 21, 2015
Worked for agency who I received Job from and was laid off after 6 months along with 9 other employees. Went to Job Fair Hosted at Accellent Inc. and had the expierence and was not called the agency told me later they don't like Rehiring people laid off. WHY did it have to do with work related, I would have been fired if that was the case. I think I should have at least been told why.
A day at work was interesting knowing the product I was working with and the reason for the product being built.
Management was very unproductive.
co-workers ok
Hardest part of Job. really wasn't.
Job Security?
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 15, 2015
This company rarely hires there temp employees. This is truly a shame, being that a large part of their workforce consist of temp to hire personal.
Pros
Clean enviornment
Cons
job security
Opprotunity for hire-minimal!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2015
Accellent could be a great company if not for their policy on hiring the temporary employees.

I worked for this company for 2 years as a temp. That's right, 2 years, no joke. I asked repeatedly if the company was going to hire me, but nothing seemed to be in the works. This was the case with all the temps this company employees.

I was a very good worker, I knew my job very well, I was punctual, but none of this mattered. My boss had gone to human resources countless times on my behalf, yet he was unable to get me hired. I finally said enough was enough and found a job willing to hire me as a machinist.
Pros
Clean work enviornment
Cons
they are extremley slow to hire any temps.
Great place to learn and grow
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILFebruary 24, 2015
A medical parts manufacturer with interest in sports medicine. A great company to work for, with great benefits. Management is always helpful and makes sure their employees are properly trained with a complete understanding policy and procedures.
Pros
Good training
Cons
takes over a year to get hired
Productive place with great people
Finisher/ Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. It is a well rounded company with good management. They focus on quality over quantity. There is no boss standing over you demanding numbers.