Accellent Inc.

Accellent Inc. Employer Reviews

21st century slave shop
Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2014
Pros: it went out of business
Cons: it was there for a little bit
In two words, It sucked. And in three more words, It ssucked very bad. I guess some people like working 12 hour days seven days a week. But,, they can not be normal people. Poor management and over worked people, and extremely over paid managers ran this place out. Good riddens too. I had to star out the dirty parts of the words that are not inappropiate – more... language......Believe me,alot can be used in describing that place. – less
Great coworkers
Finisher 1/Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month and good coworkers
Cons: expensive and not so good health benefits. not very good pay
My coworkers are the reason I have stayed. The work is ok. There isn't enough opportunity for advancement.
Productive Place to work
Machinist (Former Employee), Salem, VAJune 25, 2014
Very Productive and was able to listen to music overhead through out shop.
Job not a career
Operator, Operations II (Current Employee), Salem, VAJune 22, 2014
My co workers are great to work with. this company is a great company to work with. not much room for employee advancement
Accellent manufactured quality products, as proud to be a part of those products.
Fab technician (Former Employee), Trappe, PAMay 22, 2014
Pros: we had monthly town meetings, there were employee activities
Cons: healthcare was too expensive, and the company wasn't flexible enough with the pto time an employee earned.
I like having the opportunity of doing a job from start to finish, I working the fabrication department for 12 years, the rest of my employment was in the Stem Department. It as in this department, I was given the opportunity work on parts from RSLs to the finished product.
Great place to work, too bad it was seasonal
(Seasonal), Laser Operator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was a relaxed atmosphere
Cons: i had to sit the whole day
I loved working at Accellent. I was a laser operator making heart stents out of platinum. There was a great deal of math involved and was challenged every day. I prefer to be up and moving at all times but this was my first sit down job, it was a good change.
Good place for a self motivated independant worker
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: competative compensation
Cons: no job security. no career developement
This company is a stable growing company. For individual growth and advancement, the individual is responsible. There is little career development/ mentoring available. The work environment is friendly but the feeling of security is lacking.

I enjoyed my time with the company and felt that I was a contributor to the success although I don't feel that – more... my skills were realized or utilized effectively.

Maybe as they grow, the management team will be able to function on the high level that they need to. – less
They fire without reason
Lead Swiss CNC Machinist (Former Employee), sturbridge, massJanuary 22, 2014
Not a great place to work. The management has never been in a machine shop.
This is a wonderful company to work for. This also was a temporary assignment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: not good for a person for a person who likes family time.
Accellent has a lot of overtime. My co-workers where so kind and friendly. There is so much overtime 7 days a week it hard to have family time. I learned a lot of new skills there and was able to do the job.
Fast-paced with attention to detail workplace
Shares Services Representative (Former Employee), Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: quarterly team-building luncheons and a manager who was flexible.
Cons: constant deadlines, restrictions in use of paid time off.
The main function of the job was to apply the cash receipts timely. I learned how to prioritize my job responsibilities. I learned how to apply cash in multiple systems.

Team work was essential to being successful and I was fortunate to work with a great bunch of people.

I wasn't micro-managed. However, if there were issues my manager was available – more... for resolution.

The most challenging part of the job was being able to perform all the duties while meeting the deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I got from a job well-done. – less
Poor Safety standards
Set Up Technician/Operator (Former Employee), Arvada, CODecember 1, 2013
Various health And safety issues............................................................................................................................................................................................
Great place to work. People are real nice
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Salem, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: very challenging position
Cons: no really cons at this place
Accellent is a great place to work and I really wish I could stay here.
They love me here and don't want me to leave. Family is in Florida so I am seeking a comparable position in florida before I leave.
Great benefits and fun place to work
Tool and Die Machinist- I (Former Employee), Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: weekend shift
Cons: changed to night shift
I really enjoyed working there. I would machine and repair parts for the production floor. I liked my first manager he was a really nice guy, but was not a good manager. The hardest part of my job was working third shift 10pm- 6:30am. I liked it when I was working weekend shift 5:30am-5pm Friday-Sun. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got – more... to redesign a cutter on a coil machine. – less
Very fun place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Brimfield, MAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: nice place to work. my boss was so understanding
Cons: have to drive farther than i wanted to.
Assisted accountant with bank reconciliations and assets. Very much a team enviroment. Hardworker in a very deadline driven environment.
Good place to work for
Inspector/Packer/Shipper Temp Work (Former Employee), Laconia, NHOctober 12, 2013
I liked working there your constantly working and don't have time to look at the clock time goes by quick really liked it .All the co workers and managers were great
CNC Machinist
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brimfield, MAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: good hourly employees
Cons: mangement could care less about the employees
Don't get laid off and reapply later even when they are advertising for jobs in your field your chances are zero
Shared Services Collector; works with a great team to get the job done.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 22, 2013
Perform collections for a fast pace high volume manufacturing company. Ensure customer receives invoices and plans on remitting payment leading to timely payment. Support cash application ensuring customer payments are applied correctly. Advise customers in strategies for resolving chargeback‚Äôs debits. Work with internal personnel to resolve any administrative – more... issues preventing payment such as pricing, quantity, or terms issues. Ensure proper documentation is in place for collection and revenue recognition purposes. – less
Best job I ever had.
Machinist, Prototype Supervisor, Fixture Developer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2013
Allowed employees to master their skills and considered their input.
It was a pretty cool job to work at
Quality Control/Machine Operator (Former Employee), UplandAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches at times
Cons: sometimes not enough time for breaks
It was a fast pace job,the hardest part was reading blue prints.I learned that they use the medical parts for patients in surgery.
awful place to work, lots of cliques, lots of foreigners who remain silent
CNC machinist (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 28, 2013
Cons: lousy healthcare
lots of pressure on production in which case quality is sacrificed, higher-ups strut about, laughing and doing nothing, working there like a bad dream, never any encouragement just criticism.

1 2 3