Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews

Cutting edge technology for Medical Device Manufacturing
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 22, 2015
Accellent purchased Campbell Engineering after approximately 30 years of successful operations.Great upside to be employed with Accellent. Finacially strong company with a vision for the future.The transition appeared to be a positive experience for all involved. Unfortunately, this location closed and work was moved to other Accellent locations.
Pros
Great Befefits
Cons
Huntsville operations were moved to other locations.
Always Enjoyed Projects and co workers
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 21, 2015
develop teams for cross functional engineering, design parts from cradle to grave.

Dynamic company to work for, recession took a hit on the engineering dept for R&D
Pros
knowledgeable collegues
my time at Accellent
Machine Operator / Finisher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I was able to work all the overtime I wanted. sometimes I would work up to 18 hours a day. I was taught many things about the process of machining parts from making it to finishing it. the management allowed us freedom to work as long as we got our work completed.my coworkers were very helpful in my training. The hardest part of the job for me was going home cause I loved it there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they all were so nice and helpful.
Pros
all the hours i wanted
Cons
leaving for the day
fun and working well
Machinist#3 (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 22, 2014
-come and do my job everyday
-learn how to do good job
- my co-workers are good
-hardest parts of job -no
-making good parts ,that is enjoyable
Not Worth Your Time
doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHSeptember 24, 2014
I dedicated many years to this company with nothing in return. Preach advancement and open door policy. They pretend to hire internally for higher positions but are just putting employees on with the internal job posting. You are supposed to feel free to speak with management and management mocks and makes light of your problems. Better to not speak with them and stay out of their radar.
Pros
plenty of free t-shirts
Cons
managment, dishonesty
good clean place to work
tooling and fixture maker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GASeptember 15, 2014
accellent was a good clean place to work with good benefits.
would be a great place if it had better management
deburr operator (Former Employee) –  salem,vaSeptember 4, 2014
I worked here a year and I have to say they have a good thing going on with the medical field however...the management sucks! things there change like the wind. words really cant express the way that place is ran you have to be there to experience how unorganized it is there with that said STAY AWAY you will regret it.
Pros
i guess you have some what of a job
Cons
short breaks no jewlery
productive
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2014
go into work at 2 p.m. and work til midnight. Grind and measure needles for lasic eye surgery. Did medical and surgical supplies. Made sure that the measurements on the needles and the angles of the needles were correct. Cleaned and got product ready to be shipped out.
Pros
overtime to be worked
Cons
machinery fumes
21st century slave shop
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2014
In two words, It sucked. And in three more words, It ssucked very bad. I guess some people like working 12 hour days seven days a week. But,, they can not be normal people. Poor management and over worked people, and extremely over paid managers ran this place out. Good riddens too. I had to star out the dirty parts of the words that are not inappropiate language......Believe me,alot can be used in describing that place.
Pros
It went out of business
Cons
It was there for a little bit
Great coworkers
Finisher 1/Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 26, 2014
My coworkers are the reason I have stayed. The work is ok. There isn't enough opportunity for advancement.
Pros
free lunch once a month and good coworkers
Cons
expensive and not so good health benefits. not very good pay
Productive Place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 25, 2014
Very Productive and was able to listen to music overhead through out shop.
Job not a career
Operator, Operations II (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 22, 2014
My co workers are great to work with. this company is a great company to work with. not much room for employee advancement
Accellent manufactured quality products, as proud to be a part of those products.
Fab technician (Former Employee) –  Trappe, PAMay 22, 2014
I like having the opportunity of doing a job from start to finish, I working the fabrication department for 12 years, the rest of my employment was in the Stem Department. It as in this department, I was given the opportunity work on parts from RSLs to the finished product.
Pros
We had monthly town meetings, there were employee activities
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive, and the company wasn't flexible enough with the PTO time an employee earned.
Great place to work, too bad it was seasonal
(Seasonal), Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2014
I loved working at Accellent. I was a laser operator making heart stents out of platinum. There was a great deal of math involved and was challenged every day. I prefer to be up and moving at all times but this was my first sit down job, it was a good change.
Pros
It was a relaxed atmosphere
Cons
I had to sit the whole day
Good place for a self motivated independant worker
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 12, 2014
This company is a stable growing company. For individual growth and advancement, the individual is responsible. There is little career development/ mentoring available. The work environment is friendly but the feeling of security is lacking.

I enjoyed my time with the company and felt that I was a contributor to the success although I don't feel that my skills were realized or utilized effectively.

Maybe as they grow, the management team will be able to function on the high level that they need to.
Pros
Competative compensation
Cons
No job security. No career developement
They fire without reason
Lead Swiss CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  sturbridge, massJanuary 22, 2014
Not a great place to work. The management has never been in a machine shop.
This is a wonderful company to work for. This also was a temporary assignment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Accellent has a lot of overtime. My co-workers where so kind and friendly. There is so much overtime 7 days a week it hard to have family time. I learned a lot of new skills there and was able to do the job.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
not good for a person for a person who likes family time.
Fast-paced with attention to detail workplace
Shares Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2013
The main function of the job was to apply the cash receipts timely. I learned how to prioritize my job responsibilities. I learned how to apply cash in multiple systems.

Team work was essential to being successful and I was fortunate to work with a great bunch of people.

I wasn't micro-managed. However, if there were issues my manager was available for resolution.

The most challenging part of the job was being able to perform all the duties while meeting the deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I got from a job well-done.
Pros
Quarterly team-building luncheons and a manager who was flexible.
Cons
constant deadlines, restrictions in use of paid time off.
Great place to work. People are real nice
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 26, 2013
Accellent is a great place to work and I really wish I could stay here.
They love me here and don't want me to leave. Family is in Florida so I am seeking a comparable position in florida before I leave.
Pros
very challenging position
Cons
no really cons at this place
Great benefits and fun place to work
Tool and Die Machinist- I (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
I really enjoyed working there. I would machine and repair parts for the production floor. I liked my first manager he was a really nice guy, but was not a good manager. The hardest part of my job was working third shift 10pm- 6:30am. I liked it when I was working weekend shift 5:30am-5pm Friday-Sun. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to redesign a cutter on a coil machine.
Pros
weekend shift
Cons
changed to night shift