Accellent Inc.

Accellent Inc. Employer Reviews

It was a pretty cool job to work at
Quality Control/Machine Operator (Former Employee), UplandAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches at times
Cons: sometimes not enough time for breaks
It was a fast pace job,the hardest part was reading blue prints.I learned that they use the medical parts for patients in surgery.
awful place to work, lots of cliques, lots of foreigners who remain silent
CNC machinist (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 28, 2013
Cons: lousy healthcare
lots of pressure on production in which case quality is sacrificed, higher-ups strut about, laughing and doing nothing, working there like a bad dream, never any encouragement just criticism.
Not a bad place
Micro Machinist/Operator (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: stll some really good folks there
Cons: too indecisive on their beliefs and philosophy.
The company that I left was not the company that I loved to work for in the beginning. In my opinion Accellent is in an identity crises. They have changed shift hours 5 times and in recent times had mandatory 6 and 7 day work weeks. Not bad if you are single or have no life. There is a whole lot of management secretes considering that Accellent promotes – more... an open door policy. It used to pride itself on being a family focused we care about our employees well being company until it followed the corporate philosophies of lets focus on the bottom line who cares what our workers want. Well I would say if I had to rank Accellent on a 1-10 scale with 1 the lowest and 10 the highest I would give it a 3. Now with that being said the former management and the treatment of the employees 4yrs ago would have received 5 stars on all areas..Accellent was the best place to work then I miss those days. I would have never left. – less
run don't walk
Brain control specialist (Current Employee), good ole Brooklyn ParkAugust 12, 2013
Pros: you get your own parking spot after ten years
Cons: not too many more people will get a spot unless they are already at 8 yrs
If you enjoy Carnies and used car salesmen this is the place! They will tell you what you want to hear and the sad realization slowly creeps up on you. Honestly, integrity......... you will hear that often from some of the upper level plant management, just buzz words no definition. When you hear those terms stay on your toes something is up and they – more... do not want you to look behind the curtain. You would be wise to not drink the cool-aid. In my time here I have seen many good people get the same outcome, gone.
A lot of really good people on the floor but being treated increasing more poorly. Been there for 20 or better years and they all know how bad it is, but what to do in this economy? I will tell you, skip this pop stand if at all possible and if you don't listen when you hear the buzz words listed above hit the deck and stay low. The DOO is the ring leader and by my guess he has about 2-3 followers the rest must look like they are. – less

September 25, 2013

I have been here a short time and I wish I had read this prior to coming on board. alot of talent have left the building and I hope I am next. What comes around goes around and I will party hardy when the DOO gets his.

October 17, 2013

management is scared do as I say or else........ HR? does that stand for human recycling? /Quality? huh only if they catch on..... Clearly they are bent on selling the company again, the only way you could possibly treat the employees the way they do, do them over and over again and one more time just for fun they are statrting to like it It feels good when they stop which is not often. stand up? how dare you! your gone right now. Is the Doo related to the dude from the country where they used chemicals .? he was from michigan wasn't hr?

All chiefs and no indians
Machine operator (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: many female bosses. they likes having female bosses
PeopleShare found me a full time job that lasted 3 years at that lead to a full time job in Collegeville, Pa. They called me on the telephone from an office I never been to and asked me to interview for the job.

There, after two years on the job, I was injured and rushed to the emergency room for treatment. Accellent's insurance, Heartford Financial – more... Services refused to pay the bills and I had to pay about 1,500.00 out of my own pocket to pay the bills. – less
Quality products, room for advancement
RECEPTIONIST, ORDER ENTRY, MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee), Houston, PAJuly 26, 2013
Better training and guidance needed from supervisors
Upper management were not concerned with employees' needs
Willing to send employees for classes to enhance skills, i.e. Word and Excel
productivity was great,people fun to work with
Laser Operator (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 12, 2013
Atypical day at work is great,we work as a team and reach beyond our goal sometimes and everyone is happy.
A BASIC JOB
LAB MECHANICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Upland, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: work
Cons: too much anti this or that
ALL DAY INSPECTING AND DOCUMENTATION. WE DID HOURLY INSPECTIONA ND FIRST ARTICLES.
A good, solid company.
Mechanical Inspector (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNJune 2, 2013
I will typically inspect 5 to 6 lots of parts each work day. I work with a fun group of people and generally enjoy my work.
Frustrating and Grueling
Machine Operator/ Inspector (Current Employee), Arvada, COJune 1, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: salary staff
A typical day at work involves many rumors of lay offs and firings. Once they have been cooled down, a member of the salary staff stands over your shoulder as you continue working. Many of the hourly workers are great but are under tremendous pressure from the supervisors. Overtime is mandatory and compensation doesn't feel worth the trouble that is – more... given there. – less

June 7, 2013

Very poor management. They worries Only about numbers, no matter how you get it. Company So disorganized, nothing be planned. Employees feel SO miserable and disrespectful there. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody!

Meaningful and Tedious Workplace with great employees
machine operator (Former Employee), Salem, VAMay 25, 2013
Pros: rewards for making our goal for the quarter with summer bbq's and dinner parties
Cons: short lunches and difficult management
A typical day at Accellent consisted of a lot microscopic inspection of our production to ensure our customers were getting the best we could give them. I learned to look very hard for any and all flaws that our product might have had in order to ensure a future patient wasn't getting a substandard product put into their body and getting a possible – more... infection or a failure in their pace maker. It was extremely important to keep that in mind because it could result in a person's injury or something more severe. My co-workers were one of the best parts of the job and always very helpful and friendly. Management struggled in many ways in how to run their business and treat their employees. The most difficult part of the job was merely an ergonomic issue, suffering from back, neck, or shoulder pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference and helping in the quality of life of many people. – less
Great company to work for, strong values and respect.
Manager (Current Employee), Upland, CAMay 17, 2013
Pros: strong values driven culture, great rewards, good people & management team, nice facility.
Cons: work/life balance.
Great company to work for. Culture is values driven and values are lived and practiced from the top. High expectations for performance and great rewards! Some employees do not like the accountability part but overall the company takes the time to train and support employees and instill the company's values to ensure the employee is succesful.

As an – more... employee when you align to the values of Performance, Respect, Accountability, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Continous Improvement and live out these values everyday, you automatically experience great success, not just in your current Job but overall career! In a nutshell, this company's value system is a recipe for success. No need for policies when you are driven by these values and live them every day!

Greatly enjoy working for this company. – less
Once proud, no longer.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park MnApril 9, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management
From the top down the company is creating a culture for fear. They will hold the carrot in front of you with unrealistic goals then take away the tools to successful. They preach "living our values" but more and more people have become fed up and are "leaving our values". The director of the Brooklyn Park site is never wrong even when presented with – more... facts and no matter how hard one trys it is never acceptable. More than one occasion people have left crying. This was once a great facility with a proud workforce but they have found that it is no longer worth the verbal and mental abuse to stay. – less

April 20, 2013

The person who wrote this knows what they are talking about. You can learn alot of things in BRP but nothing that you could or should use on other humans. The mangement must be getting good at interviewing people, as it is a continous process here.

June 9, 2013

There are no "values" at BRP, except for scapegoating, slander, innuendo, and intimidation. If you excel in these skills, people will leave you alone and you will "fit in" because they will be afraid to mess with you. If you are craven, lacking a conscience, and eager to suck up to incompetents, then there's a parking space with your name on it. No one ever says what they think, and they will deny saying anything that they actually do say. I have never seen a place so fearful. Everyone is full of self-doubt, except for the bullies. Vast amounts of money and time are wasted looking for easy fixes to recurring problems on every level. Nothing is ever really solved. It's just papered over, or some sap is set up as a scapegoat, or the problem is set aside until a scapegoat can be hired. Years will be spent avoiding a solution that could take weeks to implement, just because that solution is not an easy fix.

Good employees to work with
Administrator (Former Employee), Watertown, CTApril 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Good Company/fun and good people to work with and has good benefits.
Challenging environment due to eminent plant closure
Quality Inspection Lead Technician (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 20, 2013
Pros: diversified work day; shifting priorities, good benefits, great severance package when facility closed in january
Cons: mnagement team was ever-changing. no manager lasted more than 2½ years
My job as a Quality Inspector was both proavtive and reactive. Priorities would shift due to Production and Shipping schedules. A typical day would include Receiving, First Article, and Final inspections, documentation reviews, and preparation of shipping certifications. Even though the work staff was over 60 people, the environment was more of a "family-owned" – more... business. We worked cohesively, with the customer requirements, being our main objective.

One of the drawbacks of this job was the ever-changing management team. In the twelve years that I was employed there, Accellent had 8 Quality Managers and 7 Directors of Operation.

The hardest part of the job was during the last 10 months of operation when we knew that the plant was closing in January 2013, and that inventory levels had to be increased. With increased production, both in weekly hours and temporary employees, the inspection levels also rose.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the diversity in the QA lab. Priorities were always shifting; the job did not become routine. – less
Volitile market
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 10, 2013
Strong cultural values
Strong management team
Frequent fluctations in workforce headcount
Difficult place to work as technology advancements weren't embraced.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good camaraderie
Cons: outdated equipment.
A good Metal Injection Molding company in the 90's, but when purchased and moved in 2001 from the previous owners and location, they failed to implement new methods and equipment. I was hired for my skill set and background, but upper maangement was looking for a quicker profit turn that never materialized as they were over invested in equipment that – more... had seen better days. As such, more progressive competitors took business away which led to a substantial reduction in force. e.g. There were 6 support / process engineers, two Quality Engineers, and two technicians when I started, and there is now one engineer and one technician, as well as a similar reduction in production personnel. – less
well compensated for job done. Benefits are great.
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee), Salem, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Coming in I must see what jobs are on the board and what die sizes are required to make wire to final size. Then checking inventory, I start cleaning, poishing and shaping dies for those sizes needed. then they are measured on a Conoptica system. If Im needed on bullblock then I look at job for that machine , pull dies needed for job, Pull and weigh – more... material. then set up and operated machine till wire is at final size . then move material in Oracle record scrap. And fill out detailed paperwork.> I have learned a tremendous amount about drawing and inspecting wire. I have learned micro lasers, microscopes, micro meters, makeing dies, supplying dies needed for wire drawing. How to keep track of who needs what for each job going on., How to use Oracle, Lotus, excel and Some departments require 7 day work weeks but with overtime. A typical manufacturing plant. – less
Not a nice place to work management is very disrespectful and play favoritism. Hire their friends and give them overtime and all the equipments are ou
Team Lead (Former Employee), CollegevilleFebruary 17, 2013
Cons: i won't work there
This Company does NOT represent anything they stand for .they disrespect their Seniors. They keep changing management and have lots if favoritism and hire their friends who cannot do the job. Don't work there even if you're starving they will damage your self esteem and cause you a lot of heartache . They are very deceiving and disrespectful .
Inspector & Quality Control (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILFebruary 2, 2013
I loved to work with different kind of people where considered work.

Accellent Inc. Photos