Accellent Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad experience
Cnc Machinist (Former Employee) –  PAApril 26, 2012
Poor management. Long work days. No appreciation for sacrifice of personal time for the better of the business.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
everyone on a managment level, lack of training, no room for advancement
Meaningful and Tedious Workplace with great employees
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 25, 2013
A typical day at Accellent consisted of a lot microscopic inspection of our production to ensure our customers were getting the best we could give them. I learned to look very hard for any and all flaws that our product might have had in order to ensure a future patient wasn't getting a substandard product put into their body and getting a possible infection or a failure in their pace maker. It was extremely important to keep that in mind because it could result in a person's injury or something more severe. My co-workers were one of the best parts of the job and always very helpful and friendly. Management struggled in many ways in how to run their business and treat their employees. The most difficult part of the job was merely an ergonomic issue, suffering from back, neck, or shoulder pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference and helping in the quality of life of many people.
Pros
Rewards for making our goal for the quarter with summer bbq's and dinner parties
Cons
short lunches and difficult management
Not a nice place to work management is very disrespectful and play favoritism. Hire their friends and give them overtime and all the equipments are ou
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  CollegevilleFebruary 17, 2013
This Company does NOT represent anything they stand for .they disrespect their Seniors. They keep changing management and have lots if favoritism and hire their friends who cannot do the job. Don't work there even if you're starving they will damage your self esteem and cause you a lot of heartache . They are very deceiving and disrespectful .
Cons
i won't work there
Family orientated workplace, all employees seemed like family.
Production Lead/Set-up Tech (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 19, 2012
Was a great place to work until it got outsourced. The hardest part of my job was working grave-yard shift. I learned alot about manufacturing medical products here. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the people here.
Pros
management was always keeping me in the loop. great leadership team there.
Cons
outsourcing.lose job on december 28th, 2012.
21st century slave shop
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2014
In two words, It sucked. And in three more words, It ssucked very bad. I guess some people like working 12 hour days seven days a week. But,, they can not be normal people. Poor management and over worked people, and extremely over paid managers ran this place out. Good riddens too. I had to star out the dirty parts of the words that are not inappropiate language......Believe me,alot can be used in describing that place.
Pros
It went out of business
Cons
It was there for a little bit
Not much fun
Metallurgical Technician, Accellent (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 7, 2015
Too many changes of menagement. Every menagement leading company in different direction. Very confusing.
Too many people, not well trained, and do not know to do their job.
Pros
No pros
Cons
May people work there without basic knowlege
would be a great place if it had better management
deburr operator (Former Employee) –  salem,vaSeptember 4, 2014
I worked here a year and I have to say they have a good thing going on with the medical field however...the management sucks! things there change like the wind. words really cant express the way that place is ran you have to be there to experience how unorganized it is there with that said STAY AWAY you will regret it.
Pros
i guess you have some what of a job
Cons
short breaks no jewlery
Frustrating and Grueling
Machine Operator/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 1, 2013
A typical day at work involves many rumors of lay offs and firings. Once they have been cooled down, a member of the salary staff stands over your shoulder as you continue working. Many of the hourly workers are great but are under tremendous pressure from the supervisors. Overtime is mandatory and compensation doesn't feel worth the trouble that is given there.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Salary Staff
Opprotunity for hire-minimal!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2015
Accellent could be a great company if not for their policy on hiring the temporary employees.

I worked for this company for 2 years as a temp. That's right, 2 years, no joke. I asked repeatedly if the company was going to hire me, but nothing seemed to be in the works. This was the case with all the temps this company employees.

I was a very good worker, I knew my job very well, I was punctual, but none of this mattered. My boss had gone to human resources countless times on my behalf, yet he was unable to get me hired. I finally said enough was enough and found a job willing to hire me as a machinist.
Pros
Clean work enviornment
Cons
they are extremley slow to hire any temps.
Management team is out for there own best interest
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  BRP MNNovember 23, 2012
The production people are good hard working people, the DOO has know clue on what he is doing it is really sad they are driving the company in the ground. The DOO has turned this company into a bad manufacturing company.
Pros
it is a medical company
Cons
the management team is all about there best interests
what you learned
DEBURR / MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 1, 2015
i learn the people comes and go at this place !! they demand a high standard for employees. but manage with a low standard.
Pros
they help people live better lives!
Cons
management rules by preference !!
Good compensation and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 8, 2015
I got along with most of my co-workers.
A typical day consisted of setting up and running machines.
See resume for more information.
Pros
Good working conditions.
Difficult place to work as technology advancements weren't embraced.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 27, 2013
A good Metal Injection Molding company in the 90's, but when purchased and moved in 2001 from the previous owners and location, they failed to implement new methods and equipment. I was hired for my skill set and background, but upper maangement was looking for a quicker profit turn that never materialized as they were over invested in equipment that had seen better days. As such, more progressive competitors took business away which led to a substantial reduction in force. e.g. There were 6 support / process engineers, two Quality Engineers, and two technicians when I started, and there is now one engineer and one technician, as well as a similar reduction in production personnel.
Pros
good camaraderie
Cons
outdated equipment.
well compensated for job done. Benefits are great.
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 18, 2013
Coming in I must see what jobs are on the board and what die sizes are required to make wire to final size. Then checking inventory, I start cleaning, poishing and shaping dies for those sizes needed. then they are measured on a Conoptica system. If Im needed on bullblock then I look at job for that machine , pull dies needed for job, Pull and weigh material. then set up and operated machine till wire is at final size . then move material in Oracle record scrap. And fill out detailed paperwork.> I have learned a tremendous amount about drawing and inspecting wire. I have learned micro lasers, microscopes, micro meters, makeing dies, supplying dies needed for wire drawing. How to keep track of who needs what for each job going on., How to use Oracle, Lotus, excel and Some departments require 7 day work weeks but with overtime. A typical manufacturing plant.
Productive place with great people
Finisher/ Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. It is a well rounded company with good management. They focus on quality over quantity. There is no boss standing over you demanding numbers.
Job Security?
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 15, 2015
This company rarely hires there temp employees. This is truly a shame, being that a large part of their workforce consist of temp to hire personal.
Pros
Clean enviornment
Cons
job security
Quality products, room for advancement
RECEPTIONIST, ORDER ENTRY, MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Houston, PAJuly 26, 2013
Better training and guidance needed from supervisors
Upper management were not concerned with employees' needs
Willing to send employees for classes to enhance skills, i.e. Word and Excel
Job not a career
Operator, Operations II (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 22, 2014
My co workers are great to work with. this company is a great company to work with. not much room for employee advancement
Shared Services Collector; works with a great team to get the job done.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 22, 2013
Perform collections for a fast pace high volume manufacturing company. Ensure customer receives invoices and plans on remitting payment leading to timely payment. Support cash application ensuring customer payments are applied correctly. Advise customers in strategies for resolving chargeback’s debits. Work with internal personnel to resolve any administrative issues preventing payment such as pricing, quantity, or terms issues. Ensure proper documentation is in place for collection and revenue recognition purposes.
Going down hill
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn ParkNovember 12, 2012
The site management or the site mis-management is only interested in what is happening this week. There is no long term goals or vision going foward.
Pros
people are help full
Cons
there is alot of management but no leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accellent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9