Accent Marketing Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 12, 2016
Pretty cool place to work all around. Cool people. Good support, free food all the time, paid time off, insurance, 401k, work as much OT as u want. It's pretty easy to take time off, I have the moat days off out of any place I've ever worked
Pros
Awesome lunch and free food
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
Good place to gain experience to move to a better opportunity
Team Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 14, 2016
This is a good place to gain experience, learn your strengths and weaknesses, and get your feet wet for call center work. The pay for performance and vacation pay accrued over time is a good benefit.
Pros
Good place to gain experience
Cons
low pay insufficient health benefits
Inbound call Representative
Inbound call reppresentative (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLMay 3, 2016
Clocking in at your computer cubical, headset in place and make ready to take calls and quick to solve Sprint cell phone clients concerns with billing, technical support, etc. While accessing clients account by phone number, verification, making way through computer screens, resolving the reason for the call and notating is sometimes stressful. Management offered up training courses and work reviews. There were times when co-workers could work together on difficult accounts for resolutions. Call time management and notating was at times my weakness. But it was always rewarding to satisfy the client.
Pros
Health and Life Ins, 401k
Cons
Accent closed
It's like high school all over again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Including the management, it's like im back in high school. gossip, drama, even taking it to fb. I just stayed away from it. This company is now called "startek" but from what I know, it's exactly the same as before. You're told when you're hired you'll get all these days off and all these awesome benefits, but the first time you take a day off, you're probably going to get fired for some other bullsh*t reason. Don't bother with it. Get the $9 an hour somewhere else.
Pros
there are none.
Cons
everything.
Decent pay for boring work
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 1, 2015
It was very boring work, but basically you got paid to talk and socialize all day over the phone. The pay was OK and the benefits were pretty good. There wasn't any direct selling, but you were expected to position some "offers." Management was usually ok if you didn't need or want anything, but promotions seemed to depend more on favoritism than anything else. There were unrealistic monthly goals that could be used against you if they wanted to deny you a promotion or bonus, and 29 days of perfect work could be overlooked if you got one bad review for the month. Most of the policies were "zero tolerance" so people usually got fired unexpectedly, and I felt like I was always one bad phone call away from the chopping block - which was stressful.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
stressful
Work hard while having fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 15, 2016
Accent was a great place to work because as long as you were willing to work hard, there were opportunities. I felt appreciated for my hard work and dedication. The management team gave me validity when they listened to my ideas and applied some of those ideas to resolve issues. Because hard work pays off, I was promoted from a customer service representative to a quality specialist and later into management where I spent the majority of my tenure. I learned to think outside the box and see the big picture. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers with the same objective which was to help the customer both internally as well as our external customers. The hardest part of the job was when I was unable to reach an individual to help them understand the importance of their role not only to the company but to themselves.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Turnover/attrition
Accent Marketing
Engagement Specialist/Work Force Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 5, 2015
I don't want to say a whole lot about this company but I will be honest and say a few things.
1. This company will work with you when you have life situations happen.
2. Every member of people services are incredible and deserve a raise.
3. Some members of management should rethink their approach as how to run a business
4.The benefits are pretty nice!
5. The pay is okay and has the potential to be AMAZING, providing you perform well.
6. by networking you can advance quickly.
7. Fun place to work(they order pizza for us sometime, they like to make work fun etc)
8. Sometimes relationships are mixed with business which is a no-no.

If you can work in a job that has a high amount of stress, you can adapt to change, and know how to talk to people than I promise you that you will enjoy working for this company.
Pros
decent benefits, the company will work with you. cool management team, awesome supervisors
Cons
high stress, almost unreachable goals for pay out
very rewarding place to be
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 6, 2015
Training was remarkable, but the position was troubling.Experience is the best teacher. There is no job security here though and they always let you know that even in their affirmations.Benefits are outrageous and environment is crowded and not personal.
Very Engaging Culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2016
ACCENT Marketing values employee engagement and client satisfaction; they work to employ best practices in people services. They are typically the top employer in the small cities where they are most likely housed.
Pros
Employee recognition, prizes and overtime is plentiful
Cons
Leadership change and the organization people focus changed.
Bleh
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2012
Unfortunately there is no stability at this job. The programs change frequently or there may not be a job available, since Accent is a vendor call center. A typical day does consist of being able to talk to co-workers at least, which is nice, but you must be quick or you will start to get into trouble for that. Management here is pretty bad. No one seems to know what is going on and often there is no one available for assistance. Even if you get assistance, good luck getting a correct answer. There are little opportunities for advancement and you can't get answers as for what you need to do to advance. Lunch breaks are short and overall I just can't find anything very positive about the job. The benefits are mediocre and the medical insurance is awful. At Accent you are just a number. You are not important at all.
Fast pace enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOApril 17, 2013
A typical day at work would be logging into my computer and loading all my computer systems. I would then log into my phone and begin to answer phone calls for my Sprint customers. I learned a lot while working there about how the cell phone industry works, as far as, products, billing, and services. My coworkers were really nice and always willing to help me If I had any questions. The 2 managers I had were pretty good about helping me improve and become better at my job. The hardest part of the job was being on the phone for 7.5 hours and sitting that long as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was making my customers happy and resolving their issues on the first call.
benefits
Cons
long hours of talking and sitting
Accent is a great place to work.
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 26, 2013
A typical day at Accent would be resolving issues for customers over the phone, and giving information they ask for.
I would say that I learned to be more of a people person than I was already, I learned to type faster, and a lot about the product we work with.
Management helped me meet the goals I needed to then helped me go further.
I also have made a lot of friends at Accent. This company is more like a family.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in one spot for a few hours at a time. I would like to be able to walk around more and probably talk to people face to face and less on the phone.
The best part of working at Accent is helping people.
Pros
helping people, great benefits, and lots of fun.
Cons
You may have to deal with some customers yelling at you, but don't worry because your supervisor will take these calls for you.
Great as long as you can handle the emotional ins and outs of call center life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 16, 2012
Overall, it was a good company to work for. The benefits were ok. There were good supervisors there, but they were far and few between. The hours were good, and there was usually overtime available if you wanted it. Many times there were opportunities to get time off if you wanted it also. The biggest struggle I had with the job was trying to help the customers with all of the restrictions that were placed on the customer service reps. Most of the time, if you got one of the good supervisors, they would help you do what needed to be done, but too many times, there wasn't much that could be done. Surveys were a direct reflection on your performance, however many times there wasn't much that you could have done to change the outcome.
All in all, I'd probably do it again, and work harder this time.
Pros
consistent work, good pay for the area, communication was fair
Cons
benefits, consistency through the call center
Easy to move up
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Started on the phones and quickly moved up the ladder to assist new CSR's on the phones. The incentive's were a great motivator
Pros
Easy money
Cons
the sales were not set up correct
Everyone is grasping at straws.
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 23, 2013
Take about 40-50 calls a day in regards billing or technical issues. Work can be acceptable, but if a customer is requesting something out of policy (such as free phones or courtesy credits) and it is not provided, it has a strong chance of affecting your bonus. And management is always getting threats from sprint so in turn they will fire anyone for petty mistakes in order to make management look good.
Pros
Air conditioned, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, inflexible scheduling, little room for advancement, theft of personal property, no cell phones.
Almost my dream job
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJanuary 28, 2013
Everyday we arrived at our workstations(cubicles) logged into the computer systems and proceeded to aid our customer for the rest of our shift. Halfway through our whole team takes a break we played golf, xbox or various other availble gaming systems. After our relaxing break we would return to our stations and continue to resolve problems for our customers. Working at Accent was truly an inspiring job, I learned to be adaptable to multiple rapid changes, Accent taught me about interpersonal relationships, while helping to know myself better. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help our customer and the challenge of resolving their reason for calling in as quickly as possible. the hardest part of the job, was when I was unable to satisfy my customer despite even my best efforts.
Pros
excellent benefits, unlimited work available, great atmosphere, individual and team work, huge break room, amazing stress relief outlets.
Cons
high turn-over rate.
not so fun to work at to much drama
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJuly 14, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to get some actually help with a customer on a call. I learned alot of how to have patience.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
short breaks
very boring logistics work
Folder Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 24, 2013
This was a logistics company. I worked 6:00am-2:30pm which were excellent hours. I ran a paper folding machine to fold flyers/advertisements for various companies such as best buy,maytag,whirpool. Those were the largest companies.
Pros
laid back management, they would let you "make up time" if you needed a day off and easy to get along with
Cons
horrible benefits, Insurance was terrible, Extremely low annual raises, if any at all and no opportunities for advancement
not reliable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 19, 2016
great company but they could not keep a client which lead to several layoffs; would not suggest working there if you are looking for job security
Never. Again.
Customer Solutions Rep/EHC (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2015
I worked at Accent for 4 1/2 years. I have never worked at a company that went through so many changes as this one. Things were great in the beginning. Management was very helpful and everyone was on top of things. After a year or so, everything started going downhill. Management would keep us out of the loop with things or changes until last minute and would expect you to learn the new procedures in a very short time. I feel that the expectations of us were very unrealistic. Yes you're there to help customers but it felt they were more worried about how long your call was and if you said everything you were suppose to say from a loose script. You could easily make the customer happy and resolve their issue but management would always find something wrong. There was never enough help if you needed a supervisor or just had a question. You could rarely get time off and had to fight with them. You basically had to take an occurrence and call out to get a day off for something and they would hold it over your head. I enjoyed the people I worked with and had fun when I could but in the end, there was no opportunity for advancement. I never want to work in a call center again based on my time at Accent.
Pros
Pay, benefits, schedule, occasional parties
Cons
Management, assigned seats, no advancement, constant changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accent Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.