AccentCare Employee Reviews

Amazing company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZJune 22, 2017
Everyone here is so sweet they work with you if you dont understand. The clients were amazing i loved working with them.just all around a great company
Pros
Being able to come in anytime to train on something you werent sure on
fairly treated care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 21, 2017
at the time not to much work, so I went to a few houses to provide simple minor care, some housekeeping, light cooking, companionship, showers, med reminders but over all I tried to keep busy
Work hours are unreliable
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMay 30, 2017
They swung me from 4 hours a week to 80 a week, didn't pay overtime after working over 40 hours a week, guilt tripped me into taking on more hours than I wanted. Had a pay freeze for over3 years (some of the girls that had been there twice as long as me made LESS than my start pay by as much as $1 per hour). They don't pay milage, cpr training(every 2 years), background checks(every 5 years), or first aide training(every 2 years) that they require.
working with a multiple of families is charished
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 28, 2017
My day always is on time others are relying on me. I have learned with TPC I make a difference in the client's life as their family. I have worked with utilization management, social workers, respit care, pharmacy and the RN who I can count on for any concerns that rarely happened. The hardest part of my job is the closeness and the trust then at any time it and be the last. The most enjoyable part is being able to build the trust of the family members especially the PCG and see that they can have hours away from the patient and not worry because they know I will the best care for their loved ones, building trust and report is of the utmost. Management reminding me to stay true to my scheduled hours work never ends.
Pros
the little kids (cousins, nieces) they make my day
Cons
working every weekend with a 40 hours m-f job.
Elder care
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 24, 2017
• In home elder care, personal care, cooking, transport, and hoyer lift,
• Experience with wound care and use of many medical supplies including a wound vac
• Bed bound patient care, bathing, and insuring patients take medications supervised
• Experience with dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and patients with depression
Pros
great patient interaction
Cons
drive distances
productive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 22, 2017
a cool fun work environment down to earth co workers easy to get clients cliets are very nice and respectful flexible hours good health benefits most fun job i had
Pros
cool co workers
Cons
nothing
Decent
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 22, 2017
They do hire well and have people that truly care about patient care.My only concern is that when I worked there the management company. However, I believe they have changed ownership now and might be on the right track.
It's a lovey company accentcare taking care of the elderly people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 18, 2017
It's a respectful community with nice co workers and the boss he just the best to everyone one so helpful with the elderly but we need more hours and more pay 💰
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Staffing at Home Healthcare
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2017
Truly a unique experience. Working with family to get the perfect person to care for their love one takes patients and interpersonal skills to make sure the correct person is staffed with the right client.
Pros
working with family and clients
Cons
getting to know someon well and having to see them pass.
productive but irrelevent to the job tite
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
My mornings consisted of logging and handing out daily medication to patient, and performing daily activities such as exercise, baths, accompanying patients to there doctor visits. Other activities were performed along with other things such as; walking dogs, and cleaning up household.
Pros
Gave me my first experience in the health care system
Cons
Position was not relevent to job title

Want to know more about AccentCare?

Ask a question
Lots of hours but poor support from management
Accent Care home health (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 6, 2017
No up to date education provided for nurses. management is mainly concerned about billable hours and not so much about keeping nurses up to date. They require you to work at least 10 hours daily and many days are more than that. If you have a family then it makes it difficult.
Pros
lots of hours and autonomy
Cons
heavy case loads.
Great Company
Lead Centralized Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 1, 2017
Great company to work for. Having some management issues and restructuring at this time, as all corporate companies do at one point and time, but hope it will get better.
Cons
Healthcare, No pay raisies
slow paced
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2017
not for a full time job. If hired at more than one place to work it can be long distances. Basically paying for gas. the job should be something extra not a full time job.
Pros
easy paced
Cons
not a lot of work in the same area
Work there @ your discretion
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 20, 2017
Be careful - be aware. Just do not allow disrespectful behaviors from Management. There are positive & negative people. Just choose carefully.........
Pros
Its a job
Cons
A lot of things
Fast Paced
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 14, 2017
The management team at the time was engaged and excited about the company. The company was growing fast and there was always a new challenge to tackle.
Accomodating management, Unstable shifts
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
Management was nice but your shifts were not stable, so you were always unsure of how much you were going to make that week based upon how many patients they can schedule for.
Pros
accomodating management
Cons
unstable shifts
Omg
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 22, 2017
I worked for them 8 years with no complaint of the money I was making. At the end of it I wasn't receiving raises at all even though I was certified, the company would change supervisor's without telling you. There was a time we didn't get paid for 3 months no complaining. I was fired with no pay after working a whole month it was just a disaster, after I gave all those years devoting my time and energy.
Pros
experience
Cons
communication
Good agency need more hours
HHA (Former Employee) –  Bronxdale, NYMarch 14, 2017
Accent care could be a better agency only if they was to give more hours. You working 4 sometimes 3 hours a day for 3 days a week smh. The good thing they pay alil more then others but at the same time you still don't see the money due to not enough work.aleast 8 hours a day
I hate working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2017
I have been with the company awhile and have had many problems with them. I am working as a CNA and going to school, while they said they were going to give me time for both they schedule me with 24 hour care patients and leave me with them with on one to come take over for me. Communicating with management is a nightmare they say they will get back to me either on the status of a client or when the person relieving me is going to get there and i have to call several times to get a response. It is unprofessional to treat not only me but the clients like this and reflects poorly on the company and the next caregiver or CNA. I have really enjoyed working with the clients i have had and they have requested me back and i never get sent back to the same house more than twice. When they are sending us to a new place they don't really give us anything to do with the client or much info on them, it is very basic info and doesn't help me with client care. Most of the clients don't know what to do and feel like they are wasting both of our time because we end up sitting in front of the tv all day with no ideas of what to do. When you are working they tell you not to eat with the clients and you kind of sit there it makes both you and the client feel awkward, some of the facilities will give you food in the break rooms but other than that they don't tell you when were or how to get food. They over work you and don't pay overtime for working a double shift, they have to work 0700- 1500 and then a shift at 1700-2100 and expect you to work again at 0700 the next day. I 100% do not recommend  more... this position unless you are desperate for money.  less
Pros
Strong Bonds with clients
Cons
Very bad communication
Most of the people i worked with were wonderful
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 27, 2017
I would answer the phones, work on payroll, worked with hospitals, learned a lot about home health. my job mostly consisted of customer service. Put away medical records, Hire new nurses
Pros
pay was great
Cons
poor training, Management kept changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccentCare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval