AccentCare Employee Reviews in United States

terrible place to work!!!!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
I would literally only work one MAYBE two days a week for a total of 9 hours for both days, my checks were literally less than $100 for two weeks. Yes, I got paid mileage but only if I worked more than 15 miles away and every client I had was only about 13 miles away. I would get asked to work with a client last minuet when it was about 40 mins away and they needed me to work in 10 mins. Very unprofessional, terrible pay, no benefits, all wear and tear on my car but no compensation for it. I had to fax in my time sheets, most of the time they never got them or couldn't read my hand writing.
Cons
no breaks, no hours, literally no pay, no benefits, wear and tear on my car and no compensation, no organization, management was terrible. No set pay.
Very Unstable
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Constant short staffing and patients not receiving the care they deserve, nor what is expected by Medicare regs. 10-12 hour days. No work/life balance. Very disorganized.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible benefits
No raise in 3 years
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2015
i worked at Accentcare for over three years and during that time there were several rounds of layoffs and the people who didnt get laid off didnt get any raises for the entire 3 years.

When I started this job there was no training...just a sort of trial and error and make me feel stupid when I had to learn by making mistakes.

My manager was very cold and rude most of the time...but I think most of the other managers are a little bit more human.

I had some good experiences there such as flex time if needed to take care of my child or not being micro managed about what time I arrived as long as I put in 8-10 hours.

The work load was impossible for one person to accomplish on their own so I was constantly feeling like a disappointing incompetent employee...but the truth was I was busting my buns and working like a hamster on a wheel trying to keep up and not look bad.
Pros
Flex time, not micro managed
Cons
work load too high and makes look like cant keep up, insurance expensive, no raises, management is gossipy, procedures are not clear and change on a whim
A money hungry work horse marketing compassion.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
Chew you up and spit you out. Whether a Nurse, Admin, or Corporate Staff, Accentcare treats you the same. Do work, hard work, and work harder, go here, go there, per-deim when we say until you beg us for more hours because we take them away if you fail to obey. The office played obnoxious music all day while laughing at the field employees misfortune. Growth? forget it, they hire someone more cost effective. Oh and if you are nice on the eyes, your in for quite a surprise. You have a competitive edge if you like to go drink with staff after hours and if you are of Asian decent.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Not very fun place to work.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAJune 25, 2015
Mosty somewhat steady work, with low census mostly in summer, company wanting us to chart when we left home, when we arrived at client's home, when we started, when we left, when we took a break, etc. trying to micromanage us, never earning a raise in over six years of employment, putting limits on our time in home with patient.
Pros
Job
Cons
Micromanaging us, no pay raise in six years.
No Career Path for Management
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  SupportMarch 16, 2015
The company has made numerous changes at the executive level, adding redundant or worthless positions without giving raises branch and support staff for years. There is little recognition and appreciation for the staff in the branches creating the revenue to pay for the corporate and support positions. Many executive level positions have made terrible personnel decisions, hiring the wrong managers but still keeping them around while the productive managers do all the work.
Cons
lack of advancement, poor pay at branch level
Company is good, denver office sucks!!
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
Denver/Windsor office sucks, unorganized, poor communication & full of lies.
Team here sucks, half the time no one knows what needs to be done. Employees are frustrated under current management team. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company under current management team.
Pros
Good company values
Cons
Bad management
poor work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
extreme corporate setting with harsh micro-management, the quarterly recognition and monetary prizes mentioned in their description must be for upper management executives only, as no one I have worked with nor myself have seen any of this in 4 years of AccentCare ownership. They also do not match 401k. The job itself is good, but the corporation makes it tough to enjoy.
very military/family friendly
School Nurse San Diego Unified school District (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
will most definitely return to accent care when back in the san diego area. being a military spouse we move a lot coast to coast. I have come and gone from accent since 2008 and they always welcome be back with open arms.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
great place to work if you love caring for elderly/disabled
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 3, 2016
this company is very friendly and office staff are empathetic. they always help out their employees with whatever they need help with. extensive background checks and testing done before hire.
Pros
meet new people and hear stories of old times past from clientelle.
Cons
no breaks or assigned lunch when caring for elderly
Typical Day
lvn home health (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 25, 2015
I was placed locally and was one of many nurses at a home where there were several adopted and foster children all with special needs. Every day was confusing as you don't have the same patient every day and if you haven't read up on your assigned patient there is nobody to show you because you must research the daily agenda in the book. Unfortunately everyone always falls behind on their first day with new patient because the routine is different and you have to locate your supplies for that individual patient. From that point on I've learned that I appreciate structure a lot more. It allows me to do my job properly and efficiently and timely.
Pros
I was introduced to some wonderful children.
Cons
No teaching on schedule and location of what is needed.
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2016
Worked with hospice patients in a large service area..driving sometimes 2 to 3 hours to see patients. The company is more about getting patients on service and keeping them on service, whether they are appropriate for hospice or not. It's all about the money and not about patient care, so patients frequently have to wait 2-3 hours for an on call visit to happen. Management tells you that drive time is not considered part of your work day. Patients frequently go without aides because they don't have enough staff to cover, even though it is on the patient's care plan. I've had patients tell me their aide is on vacation for the week, so they were told there would be nobody to come. Absolutely no work-life balance and the managers have the expectation that staff will work 10 or 12 hour days if they're needed to. No respect for boundaries. Frequently, management is not available to field staff, so you are left out on your own. EMR is extremely inefficient and does not allow staff to see patients unless office staff "pushes" a visit to a tablet...frequently, you have to wait for this to be done - sometimes halfway through a visit, since only managers are allowed to do this and they are usually "in a meeting." Management is very young and inexperienced. Benefits are really bad. The insurance is the worst I've seen.
Pros
good pay, however if you are salaried, it really isn't
Cons
NO work life balance, bad management.
Great learning environment
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11201May 8, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. I've learned a lot since working with my current. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my busiest days as we are a weekly payroll.
Pros
co-workers; limited supervision
Cons
commute
Good company, great hours
LVN (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 7, 2016
Accent care is a good company to work for. Their application process was fairly quick. Office staff is always available. Ive never had any issues with payroll.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks
Very nice coworkers
Business Associate Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 24, 2015
Busy work environment with something new to learn at least once a month. Multi-task Workflow, uploading and processing in coming MD orders daily. Problem solving and corrections done daily.

Have learned and experienced many things at this company.

Management is helpful in all respects.

Co-workers are pleasant and professional, very nice people and Clinicians to work with.

Communication is not a strong point in this company in many respects all across the board.

The hardest part is being able to reach appropriate people at MD's offices called to get what is needed, sometimes you are lucky,and sometimes not.

Enjoyable part is getting all that I want & need to get accomplished that day, and recognition from Management & co-workers.
Pros
Vacations, friendly people to work with
Cons
Communication does not always happen when & where it should
Productive and excellent place to work- Exception (Benefits)
Sr. Voice/Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
Excellent place to work. People were nice and they gave you the tools to do the job. The benefits were lacking.
very good company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 14, 2016
For a typical day at Accentcare, I helped the elders on a daily basis, ADLs, made their somewhat better, hopefully. You can pick your own hours too.:)
Accent Care is an okay company to work for
Assist patient in and out of bed (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Working for Accent care my hours were varied. I was looking more for a Monday through Friday job. I enjoyed working with elderly and helping out but wanted something more stable with more hours.
Pros
You would have patients that were fun and enjoyable tobe around.
Cons
Some days you had clients that yelled at you for no reason or just get mad at you.
good place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 6, 2016
I didn't interact to much with the office, but every interaction I had was very straightforward. the management was very helpful
Decent Work
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 29, 2015
typical day at work was always something new.

I learned patience and problem solving.

No management really.

No co-workers

hardest part of the job was when clients had behavioral issues

most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
Pros
independence
Cons
no breaks