AccentCare Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company to work for.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJuly 27, 2016
Company has no compassion for its employees, it is all about signing the patient onto service whether or not they have the staff to provide care. Most times they do not have the staff due to lay offs or people quiting. Jobs being eliminate and past employees have to constantly fight to get their pay. No raises in four years, but branch manager and corporate leadership receive bonuses.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Often expected to see patients all day and then go home to chart. Sometimes 10-12 hour days.
care for the elderly is important
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2016
arriving to the clients home, give company care, maybe meal preparation, light housekeeping, ambulating, exercise reminder.
learned: to always be patient and very descrpitive to the client especiall if they have dementia and dont understand
co workers: are very nice although can be a little too diligent when wanting the caregiver to work when they cant or try to do unflexible hours
Hard:the client may be complicated in way of behavior
enjoyable: association with the client and the understanding of schedules with my workmates
Pros
pahy for mileage when going from client to client
Cons
not accurate in scheduling
Good working environment, supervisor attentive a all times.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZAugust 11, 2016
Required a lot of traveling to different locations, never had a stable client unless it was a weekend client. I loved working and helping elderly clients who were pleased to have us there for their assistance and companionship.
Pros
mileage paid, get to know a lot of places, meet people.
Cons
traveling far at times, clients can expect more housekeeping than personal care or companionship
Company is good, denver office sucks!!
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
Denver/Windsor office sucks, unorganized, poor communication & full of lies.
Team here sucks, half the time no one knows what needs to be done. Employees are frustrated under current management team. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company under current management team.
Pros
Good company values
Cons
Bad management
terrible place to work!!!!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
I would literally only work one MAYBE two days a week for a total of 9 hours for both days, my checks were literally less than $100 for two weeks. Yes, I got paid mileage but only if I worked more than 15 miles away and every client I had was only about 13 miles away. I would get asked to work with a client last minuet when it was about 40 mins away and they needed me to work in 10 mins. Very unprofessional, terrible pay, no benefits, all wear and tear on my car but no compensation for it. I had to fax in my time sheets, most of the time they never got them or couldn't read my hand writing.
Cons
no breaks, no hours, literally no pay, no benefits, wear and tear on my car and no compensation, no organization, management was terrible. No set pay.
poor work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
extreme corporate setting with harsh micro-management, the quarterly recognition and monetary prizes mentioned in their description must be for upper management executives only, as no one I have worked with nor myself have seen any of this in 4 years of AccentCare ownership. They also do not match 401k. The job itself is good, but the corporation makes it tough to enjoy.
very military/family friendly
School Nurse San Diego Unified school District (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
will most definitely return to accent care when back in the san diego area. being a military spouse we move a lot coast to coast. I have come and gone from accent since 2008 and they always welcome be back with open arms.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
great place to work if you love caring for elderly/disabled
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 3, 2016
this company is very friendly and office staff are empathetic. they always help out their employees with whatever they need help with. extensive background checks and testing done before hire.
Pros
meet new people and hear stories of old times past from clientelle.
Cons
no breaks or assigned lunch when caring for elderly
Accent Care is an okay company to work for
Assist patient in and out of bed (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Working for Accent care my hours were varied. I was looking more for a Monday through Friday job. I enjoyed working with elderly and helping out but wanted something more stable with more hours.
Pros
You would have patients that were fun and enjoyable tobe around.
Cons
Some days you had clients that yelled at you for no reason or just get mad at you.
RN-Windsor office.
RN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 10, 2016
Currently employed there but not for long. I have never worked for such a messed up, poorly run office and company. The leadership is horrible and the patients are the ones who suffer.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poorly run company.
Nice people to work with
Psych Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 27, 2016
Fellow employees were very helpful. It was difficult to schedule other disciplines because company was understaffed. Able to make your own schedule.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Understaffed
Great learning environment
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11201May 8, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. I've learned a lot since working with my current. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my busiest days as we are a weekly payroll.
Pros
co-workers; limited supervision
Cons
commute
Good company, great hours
LVN (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 7, 2016
Accent care is a good company to work for. Their application process was fairly quick. Office staff is always available. Ive never had any issues with payroll.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and excellent place to work- Exception (Benefits)
Sr. Voice/Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
Excellent place to work. People were nice and they gave you the tools to do the job. The benefits were lacking.
very good company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 14, 2016
For a typical day at Accentcare, I helped the elders on a daily basis, ADLs, made their somewhat better, hopefully. You can pick your own hours too.:)
good place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 6, 2016
I didn't interact to much with the office, but every interaction I had was very straightforward. the management was very helpful
Typical Day
lvn home health (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 25, 2015
I was placed locally and was one of many nurses at a home where there were several adopted and foster children all with special needs. Every day was confusing as you don't have the same patient every day and if you haven't read up on your assigned patient there is nobody to show you because you must research the daily agenda in the book. Unfortunately everyone always falls behind on their first day with new patient because the routine is different and you have to locate your supplies for that individual patient. From that point on I've learned that I appreciate structure a lot more. It allows me to do my job properly and efficiently and timely.
Pros
I was introduced to some wonderful children.
Cons
No teaching on schedule and location of what is needed.
A money hungry work horse marketing compassion.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2015
Chew you up and spit you out. Whether a Nurse, Admin, or Corporate Staff, Accentcare treats you the same. Do work, hard work, and work harder, go here, go there, per-deim when we say until you beg us for more hours because we take them away if you fail to obey. The office played obnoxious music all day while laughing at the field employees misfortune. Growth? forget it, they hire someone more cost effective. Oh and if you are nice on the eyes, your in for quite a surprise. You have a competitive edge if you like to go drink with staff after hours and if you are of Asian decent.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Very flexible work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  new yorkApril 20, 2016
everyone in the office is very pleasant and helpful. they were alwasy flexible with my work schedule.They really do care.
Decent Work
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 29, 2015
typical day at work was always something new.

I learned patience and problem solving.

No management really.

No co-workers

hardest part of the job was when clients had behavioral issues

most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
Pros
independence
Cons
no breaks

2.9