Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: St. Louis, MO
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Java/Spring Developer will be responsible for working with other team members and client personnel to interpret business requirements and general designs into detailed designs and application code. This role will entail the following day-to-day responsibilities: create/review detailed designs, develop batch, online or Web Services modules; escalate issues; ensure coded modules are performance tuned appropriately; participate in code reviews, fix defects during Product Test, System Test, and Regression Test; provide metrics/status to team leads; work closely with the test team to help testers identify and resolve issues. This role may also entail overseeing work of others and working day to day with client leadership personnel.
- Analyze, design, code, and as required test enhancements to complex modules. As required, oversee the work products of other team members for each of these types of deliverables.
- Work with Application Architects/Business Process Architects/Specialists and other System Specialists to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
- Develop system specifications and interfaces for complex components.
- Design and code applications to functional and technical programming standards.
- Provide primary support toward installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our methodologies.
- Create operational documentation for the Application.
- Coordinate work with other Systems Specialists on and across Applications.
- Provide application/technical support as required, in a timely manner.
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
- Provide input to assist in determining level of effort
- Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems, rather than reactive.
- Assist the Client Service Team Manager in monitoring budget by providing estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting the application
- Minimum of 1 year of Java/J2EE Development experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of Oracle development experience
- Minimum of 1 year of XML development experience
- Java Servlets
- Object-oriented methodologies
- Spring framework
- Automated testing with Junit
- RAD, Websphere & Eclipse
- Ability to explain the value of using Test First Development methodology
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer