Accenture
2,783 reviews

Accenture Employer Reviews

Excellent Comopany
Payroll Co-Lead for Workday (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Accenture is a great company to work for, it's employees are always willing to go above what is asked of them. I enjoyed working at Accenture on its Workday clients
Factory - but a good learning ground
PM (Former Employee), WashingtonFebruary 26, 2015
Typical giant consulting firm where staff is thrown at a project - easy place to shine or keep your head down. Jobs are usually broken down into narrow but deep slices.
Work Place
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Accenture is a great place to work with lot of opportunities to grow. It gives you a great platform to start off your career and learn new technologies moving forward.
Great benefits & Salary
Associate Principal (Current Employee), new jerseyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 100% 401k match upto 6%. generous vacation package
Cons: health insurance is self funded. doesn't cover some conditions
Accenture is great place to work if you don't have family commitments or staffed on a local engagement. Frequent travel adds lot of stress.
not a friendly atmosphere
Associate Software Engineer--QA Tester (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: perks
Cons: 60 hour weeks/ too much travel/ little compensation
Overall, there are a lot of cut throat employees who do not care about team efforts. Many people, especially from abroad are only looking out to make themselves 'Look' good, whether it's taking credit for someone else's work or miscommunication.
good and fun work place.. nice to learn
TechArch Lead (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Good place to learn new tools and technologies,Fun place,Good management,Go work culture, Good coworkers, good benefits, good growth
Accenture
REHL ADMIN (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Work place was with dual management as i was working on client side. Both Accenture and client was having good working environment and job culture.
Great place to work but...
Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: very intelligent colleagues, wealth of learning opportunities
Cons: work/life balance
If work/life balance was better supported then it would truly be a great place to work. They say they believe in that but senior management isn't always on-board. Especially when they have no work/life balance!
Great company that will work you hard but you learn a lot
Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CO; Boston, MA; Hartford, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Great training; great place to learn. Accenture gets the best and smartest people and works them hard but you learn a lot and the skills and knowledge you gain helps throughout life. For a big company, they do it well. Smartest people I've ever worked with per capita at any company. The culture is move up or move on (however many programs over the year have helped minimize that issue) but the pressure and culture is there to perform and deliver so its a high stress / high reward environment.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables
Social Media Optimization Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: accommodating work hours
Cons: no real benefits
Stellar workplace to immerse yourself and be surrounded by unique, talented, and creative individuals. From the co-workers to management, its all a dream.
Work environment & culture is good
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Work environment & culture is good. Leadership is also good. Flexible timings and I enjoy working here. Growth is limited and wide learning opportunities
Senior SOA Consultant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Good place to work. Lots of new things to learn. Full of opportunities at different geographies. Lots of travel if you enjoy it.
Overall good company
Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Overall good company but the management and procedures within mortgage operations needs improvement. Better processes and more receptive and well groomed management would improve the mortgage services division.
Most Amazing People
Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people, benefits (25 vacation days!), amazing work experience
Cons: poor performance review system, clients suck
Your work day completely depends on the industry, client, and project you end up getting staffed on. This is actually a huge pro because you learn so much in such a short amount of time and have the opportunity to work with a wide range of people - vendors, client, and Accenture co-workers (not always pleasant, but you're exposed to a lot). This is why other companies LOVE hiring ex-consultants. Another perk: if you don't like your project - it will END. During my 4+ years I was on about 7 different projects. Some people will stay on a single project for years, but again, if you hate it, there are ways out.

Part of consulting is the inevitability of travel. Some people like it and some don't. There is always the possibility of working locally, but it's a toss up. Expect to fly in to your client location Monday morning and fly out Thursday afternoon/evening at the very least. When you're in crunch time, you can also end up staying until Friday and sometimes even the weekend, but for me, that was the exception. For me personally, my work/life balance was great and I liked the travel (oh! the airline miles! the hotel points! per diem! visiting another city!). During my travels, I also got to meet so many truly wonderful people, which brings me to my next point, the PEOPLE.

You know how every company says they have great people, or they value their unique culture? Bla bla bla. Accenture actually lives this. Our main resource is our people and I have made so many life-long friends working here. You end up with the most unbelievable network of co-workers, friends, and supporters. – more... Also, we like to go out and have fun. I traveled with co-workers all the time on mini-vacations, we did a ton of happy hours, sporting events, volunteer activities, etc. Whatever you like to do outside of work, you will find a group of people at Accenture who like to do the same thing. The managers/leadership are just as great as your co-workers in my opinion. You can typically go to them for anything. Our hierarchy is pretty flat which makes leadership approachable. One more time - the PEOPLE are GREAT. I can count on one hand the number of people I did not like in 4 years, 5 clients, and 7 projects at Accenture.

However, when I say "great people", I'm not necessarily counting the clients / vendors you have to deal with on a daily basis. I would say this is the worst part of the job. Some are decent, intelligent, logical folk. 80% are not. The tough part about being a consultant is that you're put in the middle. You take the blame. You're not trusted. E.g. Client: "What's this consulting firm doing coming in here telling me how to do my job?!" And through all that, you have to produce top notch work and gain their trust and build a relationship with your client (even though they may hate you at first).

The last con is that we don't have the best annual performance system. It's not always fair or equitable. But I don't know how to fix it, so there you have it. – less
A company with good opportunities and good policies for the employee benefits.
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNFebruary 14, 2015
9 hours per day, having good exposure in sap hrms and good co workers.
Good work life balance but with limited benefits in finance
Good to be part of the organization
Sr System Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2015
The only difference i would see in the organization is the work life balance which far too vary compared to other organizations offer
Excellent client portfolio but heavily policydriven
DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: networking events
Cons: heavily policy driven with very little guidance
- Opportunity to work with some of the best companies in the world
- Interaction with clients to understand their requirements and provide solution
- Manage vendors (including competitors)
- Training and Developement opportunities
- Supportive managers
- Hardest part is to get around the corporate policies which sometimes make it tough to work smoothly
- Lot of networking events allowing people to mingle with other co workers
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to work, Started loosing the initial steam. Hence a few cut downs. Benefits are limited. Rest all is fantastic.
Good place to Learn
Senior System Associate/RICEF SME (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Accenture is good place to work and learn different skills . it is very diverse company and you can play multiple role of your choice.
Nice Growth
Data center project manager (Current Employee), PALO ALTOFebruary 10, 2015
Nice Growth and lots of training opportunities. Appraisal system is not so Good.Chances are good to get in different projects. Bay Area salary is not market relevant.

1 2 3 4 5

About Accenture

For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers – Read more