Accenture Employee Reviews

Good
Strong in IBM Rational Integration Tester (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2017
Great place to Work with. Good work environment,
Provide good opportunities to work.
Good Employee benefits
Good Perks to all the employee

No transparency in the moderation
Great workplace
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 9, 2017
I would love to end up as a full time employee for Accenture! It is truly a team environment. Everyone seems to know everyone, no matter where they work in the building. Great place to work!
Federal: great work life balance but limited mobility
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2017
Pros

Most people here on the federal side are great, supportive, honest, and professional. I've met quite a few who are really bright and impressive. Company values align pretty closely to mine and feels less corporate than other consulting companies. My managers have been very good about letting me take time off, as well as work remotely. Work life balance, at least on the federal side, has been great.

Cons

The work on the federal side is not very exciting. Your clients will be risk-averse and the solutions implemented reflect that. Sometimes feels like staff aug and not really consulting. Although AFS likes to think that they're forward-thinking, they really aren't in practice. They are also very risk-averse and shy away from innovative solutions. Many of the people I've encountered are only smart enough and don't really exhibit much intellectual curiosity or creativity. To be fair, Accenture does little to promote this. They're a bit stingy with their training budget and rarely invest in meaningful and/or prudent ways to make the most of their employees.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for your employees to get skills and work in areas that your company is looking to grow in. If you claim that AI or IoT is the future, then encourage your employees to take training in that space, not SAP. Find work for your company in new areas, not just the same soon-to-be legacy solution.
Pros
work life balance, decent salary, good people
Cons
bit boring, not innovative enough, bureaucratic
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
Great place to work with intelligent, dynamic, energetic people. Innovative environment, with opportunities for continuous learning both on the job and through structured learning programs.
Good Workplace culture
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2017
Accenture has a very good workplace environment, and gives ample opportunities to grow career in technical and management front.

Along with the competitive environment Accenture have various benefits, which other competitors do not offer.
Fun place to work
Closer/Jr Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2017
Great job., fun place to work with little micro management, having independence. Having the ability to become a Team Leader, or person of interest in leadership
Pros
Independence
Cons
Non
accenture is the place to be
Provider Relations Representative (TMHP) (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXDecember 7, 2017
Accenture is a great company; their pay is amazing and they have great benefits. I can truly say I like my job and the way I get to do it. hours are very flexible and I get to work from home. our values and culture are awesome. always room for improvement. raises annually based on performance. a lot of projects to choose from.
Loan Coordinator/Analyst-Bank (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2017
Its a great place to work with great opportunity. Plenty of fun people an a great work/life balance. If you can get you foot in the door, STAY THERE!!
Pros
Huge Company
Cons
Slow to promote
very good
Salesforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
Good company culture and good to work with. Company that looks after its employee growth and the customers and ensures that employees are empowered. Culture of excellence is executed well
Nice if you are willing to travel
Software Engineer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 6, 2017
You can try different job roles by choosing different clients rather than changing jobs. Salary is low compared to other companies. Health insurance is not also not that great. Client base is very nice.
Pros
opportunities to work with top tech clients.
Cons
low salary
Accenture is a company that treats employees fairly.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDDecember 6, 2017
Accenture is a first rate company. There are opportunities to get ahead, change job categories and even request transfers out of your current work group without repercussions.

I was allowed to submit and develop,solutions to a problems.

Accenture was and is a people focused company that emphasizes satisfying customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to advance my skills in a business oriented environment.
Pros
The company would hold after-work get-togethers(happy hours, company status) regularly
Love it here
Network Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
AFS has done more to expose me to new technologies and methods than anywhere I have worked before. The people are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. For once, I had a manager who could actually do my job better than I could.
Pros
decent pay, lots of personal freedom, lots of opportunity to work remotely.
Cons
No PTO for contractors, they want to reduce your pay drastically if they convert you from contract to full time.
Not a bad starting place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
For the most part it was a nice place to work. Company used to be real clique'ish but I've heard they've corrected that problem. Work from home was great but you sacrifice a higher salary for that perk.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Average Pay
Collaborative and supportive work environment
Mobilization Team - Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
Accenture has a highly collaborative and supportive environment. A decentralized management structure with schedule flexibility. Career advancement opportunities are plentiful
Boring place to work marred by mass layoffs
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2017
Stay away from BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) positions. Be prepared for an environment where your work is audited overseas by people who do not understand your job. Watch out for managers that yell and cuss in team meetings but never seem to get fired. Accenture Credit Services management failed to bring in new business resulting in hundreds of layoffs even though the issue was foreseen several quarters in advance.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, shrinking business, cronyism.
Great job but lacked the flexibility in roles
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
The work I did at Accenture was rewarding and I learned a great deal, but I did not have flexibility to choose my projects or industry expertise. I felt that in order to do that I would need to take a step back in career advancement which did not appeal to me.
Pros
Learning growth, good culture
Cons
Long hours, slowed career advancement
Workforce Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 4, 2017
Good Environment - productive teams in different projects - good training programs - excellent benefits - great network communication - good paid time off - great chance for any one like to travel
Pros
Free Snak
Great place to work but few client engagements are bad
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER - (Senior Manager) (Current Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJDecember 3, 2017
Great place to work but few client engagements are bad due to senior leadership at the account. Sometimes it becomes authoritative as they have spend years on the account but failed to reconnect at the ground level ( for recent years) and still assume things are happening like before or the battle between SI and AO work ( when two MD's are responsible for SI and AO work respectively)
Good Place to Work
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 3, 2017
Started my career at Accenture and had enjoyed working so far
Involved in many different projects and got the opportunities to prove myself
Grown along with Company
Great place to work. Great work-life balance
Functional and Industry Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2017
Great colleagues, excellent benefits and a variety of roles and responsibilities.Sometimes little choice in your role. High pressured, and sometimes long hours.

The people. Lots of like-minded, intelligent people with similar views and who challenge and bring out the best in each other.Travelling and lack of control over your own future.

The support and guidance from across the company both formally and informally - people are very willing to help you. The ability to work in a huge variety of roles and industries.

Job security. Salary. Diversity of work- ability to move from project to project. The people. All the benefits and the holiday. All the negatives of a big corporate. Can often feel like a number and undervalued. There isn't a direct link between effort and reward. Promotion seems incredibly stressful at this company. A lot of company politics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accenture. Our community is ready to answer.