Accenture Employee Reviews

Found 1,939 reviews matching the search
Overall great company
Change Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2016
I've enjoyed my time at Accenture. I think my only complaint is the size, which can feel intimidating at times, especially when you come in as an experienced hire and don't have a cohort or a group you're really associated with to make the company feel smaller.

I like the real-time feedback the new performance achievement system has allowed us to have, and hope other companies will follow in the company's footsteps of having constant feedback.
Cons
Lack of client site flexibility
Good place to work but less compensation across company
Software Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2016
PRO's:
Learned to manage teams, new technology, provides opportunity to learn and innovate things
CON's:
Compensation is usually less, marginal hike even on promotions.
No hike on regular performance cycle.
A employee who need to support the whole family may not find Accenture as a promising company for their basic needs.
Pros
Good place, new opportunities
Cons
Very less hike and compensation is least in market.
Accenture - Overall Great Place to Work
Learning & Talent Development Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 25, 2016
In general, Accenture is a great company to work for. They offer good benefits, decent compensation and have a strong company culture. The people that work for Accenture are highly motivated and work well in team environments. I never have felt threatened that someone was trying to take my job or through me under the bus.
Pros
Flexible schedules available
Productive, Demanding, Professional
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
My association with Accenture, since 1986 has been as an outside consultant, and not as an employee.

I would most often appreciate the caliber of people I would work alongside when the work became the most demanding. My reason for saying so, is that I knew I could count on others to deliver. -- Builds confidence.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Long days
Desktop Support Consulting
Desktop Support/Customer Service Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 18, 2016
Resolved 20 to 40 technical issues daily to enhance Accenture work efficiency which results Accenture in having more productivity within their environment. Also created and tracked multiple tickets daily for all information technology issues on AFS Service Now ticketing system to pioneer a structured help desk company
Avoid this company at all costs
Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 9, 2017
This is by far the most dishonest and unethical company that I have come across. There needs to be a complete Federal Audit and Investigation on their management practices (Top Down -Bottom Up); given that they win a lot of government contracts. If you are looking for a company where integrity of the culture and people really matter, by pass this company.
Open culture inviting ideas and respectful
IT Project Manager/Agile SME (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2016
A typical day would start with checking and responding to emails from offshore team and clients. Organize and drive various meetings comprising of business, client IT team, vendor IT teams, Change Management, Infrastructure team. Project plan creation and tracking. Provide SME support to Agile/Scrum teams. Provide Agile/Scrum/XP/Kanban trainings to Agile teams in multiple portfolios. Financial management and status reporting.
The co-workers are great and supportive. Enjoyed every bit as the type of project (Development/Maintenance/Migration/Transformation) handled were different everytime.
Pros
Open for ideas and innovation
Solid enough place to work, with room for advancement
Manager, Consumer Goods & Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Most projects are very similar, and the staffing model does not take into account the desired career path of the practitioner, just the past experience. This causes a frustrating loop of projects which are likely not that enjoyable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cannot dictate your career path based on interests
Accenture
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work was learning the system while having a fun enviroment to work in. I learned how to be professional and how to do my job effientlly. The management and co-workers was very challening at times. The hardest part of my job was not being respected by a work place bully, I really loved my job there and sad to have to leave it due to moving to Cleveland temporialy.
Pros
Providing a fun atomsphere
Cons
Negitive people on the team
Demanding corporate tech
Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 27, 2016
Work/life balance suffers as with most tech firms. Well over 40 hours per week is expected, regularly exceeding 60. Pay can be good as long as it's negotiated at the beginning of employment - pay advancement structure limits maximum pay based on starting salary. Health and wellness benefits package is on the upper end of competitive. Financial benefits are very good if you properly take advantage of them. PTO offering is excellent, but you may be hard pressed to actually take the time off due to demanding work loads and trim staffing. Maternity AND paternity leave is world-class.
Pros
PTO, benefits
Cons
Work/life balance, high stress, long hours, pay advancement limits

Want to know more about Accenture?

Ask a question
Conservative employer
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2017
This company was very detailed in the manner of training, and ensured that you were aware of your responsibilities. So kudos for the impeccable training and guidance they provide. They were open minded to the employees needs as well and made changes based on feedback, which is a bit rare in the corporate world in my opinion
It is a very Highly Paced company and deliver every Technology related projects
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Accenture is an excellent company to work with. If you are ready to travel and ok to be with a high paced Delivery Model, I would suggest you to join Accenture.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Not too many Jobs for Senior level Executives because of High rates and offshore Models
A great company to work for with a friendly environment
System Developer Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2016
Without a doubt this is a great company to work for. The management is great, the people you work with are a joy to be around, and the pay is pretty good. The company overall will do it best to help you out and invest in you as a valued employee. Although take to heart that this is a contract job and while you may be on a project for about a year, you might see the time when you are rolled off the project and possibly put onto a new one. Don't worry, because they'll do all they can to try put you onto a new project.
Pros
Great people, healthcare, environment, helpful management
Cons
Possible overtime, no true job security
A great company that fosters growth and leadership
System Developer Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 21, 2016
Opportunities to learn and grow seem limitless. Expect to be challenged, in a good way! Co-workers and management are helpful and supportive. Transparency and open lines of communication are apparent on all levels. The hardest part of the job would be maintaining work/life balance, however, this varies based on your position and the company has proven to be flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall learning and growth, from your daily work and interaction with colleagues and clients, to a host of training resources, you drive your career!
Great environment, people, flexibility
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
The biggest general challenge is probably managing travel. Otherwise it's a great place to work. Good benefits and time off, often projects will allow members to work remote. Great people and focus on stewardship.Remember you are in charge of your individual career with Accenture though.
Pros
Flexibility, time off, experience
Cons
travel
Great work environment, but growth opportunities limited
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 25, 2016
The management style was very collaborative and leadership cared about its people. I enjoyed the work environment and people I worked with. However, in 2010 I decided to leave because of the limited opportunities for advancement. We were not retaining our existing outsourcing contracts and the win rate was falling.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Growth challenged
Great work environment
Credit Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Moved the entire family out here for the job. LOVED my job however project ended after 6 months. Only issue was when I interviewed I stressed the importance of job security in my decision and was assured falsely that all was well on the project I was being deployed for.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Low job security
I was young and dumb & didn't take full advantage of this one
Client Financial Management (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 23, 2016
This is a great company overall. The company gave great benefits, allowed employees to work often from home on Fridays... Compensation was approx. 52k-54k 1st year out of college in 2010 - not sure what it is now. Room for advancement was there & work/life balance was great in my opinion.

I should have stayed at this company, but I was young & dumb - Truthfully - I didn't know what I had.
No Doubt great place to work
Technical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
No Doubt great place to work

Following depend on your project in Accenture:

In my project -

1. No work life balance
2. 7 am calls will start late night till 1 am to 3 am (one good thing is in between in afternoon we will get some break) hardly you'll get 4-5 hours sleep
3. Extremely less pay for skilled professional in onsite
Productive workplace to learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2016
Working on latest in technology. Great place to develop network, learn and progress if you are interested in consulting. Very open work culture in terms of moving to different areas if needed.
Pros
Excellent networking, Excellent place to learn and progress with great benefits
Cons
Depending on people you are working with Work Life Balance can be a joke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accenture. Our community is ready to answer.