1,969 reviews

Accenture Employer Reviews

Type of work I used to do @ Accenture
Software Engineering Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 2, 2014
Pros: perks, corporate outings, gifts and learning
Cons: low consideration of talent and more on experience based promotions
At Accenture, I work with Software Testing and Management tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), HP Unified Functional Testing and HP Quality Centre. I interact with developers and make them understand the business requirement. I also give consultation on the Technical and Functional feasibility of a business requirement to Business – more... Analysts. Understanding business requirements and delivering them with zero defects is the crucial part of my profession. This experience has aided me towards acquiring better decision making and management skills. To achieve technical expertise in Quality Management, I completed many industry and business level certifications, notably the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified - Foundation Level and HP Accredited Integration Specialist Application Lifecycle Management V11 certified, amongst others. As I give consultation for business analysts it becomes important for me to understand what is the prospective of business analysis and so I joined the Accenture CIO Business Analyst learning forum where I learnt Business Analysis courses, Techniques for Requirement Gathering, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) are a few to mention. And in this quest, I completed British Computer Society (BCS) - Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB) Business Analysis Foundation Level Certification to supplement my knowledge of Business Analysis. I also attended in-house trainings on Offering of ERP Perspective, Data Warehouse Design Solutions, Problem Solving and Decision Making Strategies and Oracle Database 10g: SQL Fundamentals. This learning facilitated me to get a distinctive viewpoint of IT system development at a holistic level. – less
Hard working individuals in an open, laid back atmosphere.
Sourcing Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 1, 2014
All hard working individuals with the same goal in mind. Open and collaborative environment.
Great Place to Work
Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2014
Pros: training, access to upper management, access to career opportunities
Great company, great career potential, and great people! Its up to you to define your career, build your network, and take on projects aligned to your personal career path. There is guidance, if you seek it out, but ultimately you are able define what you want to be in the future.
Working at Accenture
Software Design Engineer in Test (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: no vacation or healthcare. long planning meetings.
We what are called sprints where we meet everyday and talk about the status of our previous tasks, challenges and new tasks. It is challenging at times but you get to learn new things and pick up tasks with different disciplines so you get some cross training. Co-workers are great.
Productive and Fun workpalce
ETL Technical Lead Architect (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 30, 2014
Productive and Fun workplace , most enjoyable place to work.
Met tons of people and collectively we all ran the call center for the BP Gas stations.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 30, 2014
Really enjoyed working at Accenture and loved the culture. First experience using Sap.
Good place to learn
Energy Business Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: project deadlines
I have worked full time with this consulting company. It was a very good learning experience for me. They spend a lot of money on freshers and treat them really well. Special training programs equip you to deal with problems that you face in actual projects. The best part of the job is the selfless assistance you get from co-workers. They treat you – more... like a family. – less
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
Accenture is a strong believer in hiring top performers and provides a challenging work environment. You can always count on work/life balance and candid feedback.
Great Place to Work
QA Lead (Former Employee), ChennaiMay 26, 2014
Have been with Accenture for past 3 years and its been a great place to work !
business analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 26, 2014
Great people and interesting work. However, extremely long hours are required
Great firm to worth with when you have little experience
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Madrid, MDMay 25, 2014
Pros: nice oportunity to learn with the best clients
Cons: life balance is low
It is a great place where to start to earn experience and a company that offers you a lot of oportunities
A cool place to work in
Strong team player and mentor (Current Employee), BangaloreMay 22, 2014
Good place to work, if you get right oppertunity in Accenture, there are lot to learn, management needs to improve, but the leadership is great. co-workers standard some times stunn you. choosing the right job is the hardest in accenture. coolest part of accenture is fun at work.
SSE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: accenture has good policies for their employee to manage work life balance
Cons: less salory compensation
Accenture is a multinational company and I joined the Accenture in 2006 in Bangalore India.

It gave me opportunity to work in many technology like OSB ,ALSB,SOA , BPEL, BPM, Mule ESB ,Java etc and different domains also like Retails ,Telecom and Banking

I have travelled to Canada ,Vancouver for Best Buy Canada Client,
Santiago, Chile for Nextel client – more... and now I am working with Bank of America Client in Charlotte USA .

I got many opportunity in Accenture to improve my career – less
N/A
Project Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 21, 2014
A lot of hard work, little recognition or compensation. A typical day at work depends on the type of workforce you are in. Depending on the client you might work from 7am-10pm or you might work from 9am-6pm. The hardest part of the job is the model. In theory, if you break down pay divide by hours worked a week, you would see how low you are compensated – more... for the amount of work people put in. – less
Accenture
Senior Software Engineer in Accenture (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 20, 2014
Using the Java SDK for AWS and fetching the data from AWS account and rendering the result on to web or mobile app.

• 5 .5 Years relevant experience in the field of Java/J2EE Web Application Development/ Maintenance /Enhancements for a reputed Finance/Securities/Charitable Client.
• Experience includes Development, Bug fixes, Enhancements, Handle Web – more... Application issues, Monitor Autosys jobs, scripting for automating the processes.
• Good Knowledge and hands on Core Java, JSP/Servlet, spring (MVC framework).
• Knowledge on Java Scripts, Basic Unix/shell programming.
• Strong foundation in Programming and bug fixing (Core Java, JSP/Servlet and spring).
• Certified to comply with agile approaches for projects.
• Capable of learning new technologies and tools quickly.
• Ability to work & gel in team oriented projects.
• Coordination with teams to solve production issues.
• My major strengths include comprehensive problem solving abilities and good communication skills.
• 18 months of Onsite Experience includes Enhancements, Production Support activities and Onsite Coordinator.
• Trained on Cloud Services Provider AWS, work experiences on AWS SDK for java API.
• Integration of Restful API and Spring Framework. – less
Productive and fun work place
Procurement Development Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 19, 2014
Great company with endless amounts of training resources.
Great opportunity to work with a diverse of people in all walks of business
Senior Healthcare Consultant (National) (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMay 19, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about identifying challenges, implementing strategies to overcome challengs
Cons: too much travel
Extremely fast paced transitioning from one client to another client.
Good start, just not my style
Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2014
Good company to start with right out of school. Lots of hours of menial work to get ahead. Things are always changing and you're always on different projects and with different clients (can be good or bad depending on your style).
Fun place.... Interesting place to work at
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 17, 2014
- work life balance
- challenging work
- Decent compensation
- Good management
Productive, fun and entertaining work environment.
Contractual Research Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TexasMay 16, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no benefits
Typical days of work are confidential as we were contracted employees handling a high profile client. My co-workers were a group of people I'll never forget; the company was extremely diverse and pleasantly entertaining every day.

About Accenture

For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers – Read more