Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Office Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working here. You don't have a whole of team mates because usually there are one or two agents in the office. We handle all the customers needs, take payments, and write new policies.
Customers Service
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  NorthFreww way Ste 300 HoustonApril 25, 2017
Taking a heavy calls to provide information on the Car Insurance give to quote to customers and traking any complains, transfered calls to differents department depend on the customers complains or request .
Pros
Worked as Team
Cons
No have any support is a team
You get to meet new people on a daily basis
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
You get to help customer meet their criteria needs especially safe money but overall you help them maintain a policy that they can afford every month.
Overall Rate
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2017
I have worked at Acceptance Insurance for almost three years now. Granted we did go through several changes and like others I was on the verge of leaving. I held in there because the new President promised us better and greater things. He was right we now get every other sat off, our pay has increased, and you get pto right out the door. With any company there are going to be ups and downs not everyone is going to like everything about it. We have recently in my area been taken over by new management. I am learning a lot and a great support system which is something very new to me in this company. We are growing and changing everyday bringing acceptance into the new age of things. It is hard and not everyday is a walk in the park but it is nice to see things are more about the employees.
Pros
every other sat off
Cons
bonus
New direction fo
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2017
Acceptance has under gone some changes to make life much better for the employees. We now have every other Saturday off, new pay plan, & new products. Things are looking much better with a new CEO & management in charge. No longer a work to death & zero tolerance policy towards employees. Give it a chance & you'll see that you can go far.
Pros
New management
Cons
Could use a better commission plan
Excellent Career Opportunity
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2017
Acceptance is a great company to work for. Everyday you are presented with a different challenge, which keeps things interesting. The management and staff are friendly and skilled. We are much like a family. We enjoy assisting an education others regarding their insurance needs. Acceptance provides plenty of opportunity for advancement, as well as, competitive wages, benefits, and PTO. I have no complaints about my career here, and would definitely recommend applying to anyone seeking a career in the field of insurance.
Acceptance Insurance
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 17, 2017
I have worked with First Acceptance for a little over a year total. Yes, we do work Saturdays- but the hours are shortened so I don't feel like i'm completely consumed on the weekends!!! It also gives us an edge over competitors and makes us gain more because the others are closed! If I have to work any day, I would rather be busy than slow! I love the amount of knowledge i've gained from working here about laws, and insurance guidelines. This was a new area for me, but my coworkers took me in and helped every step of the way until I was proficient! Our new management team has ensured, and proved to recognize our accomplishments and promote promotions from within! Feeling recognized and rewarded really does make the work place better!
Great pay for those who don't mind to put in the work
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2017
Since management has changed Oct 2016, there have been so many positive changes. Increased base pay, rotating Saturday's (yes, you can have a weekend w your family now) PTO allowed during blackout season, CEO actually cares that you have an opinion and solicits it, new faces in leadership in ALL departments, Sorta cleaned house in management to replace with better leaders, and a tone down workload expectations for agents. Not the same company as before which is a good thing. One thing that is the same is they still hold employees accountable for their performance. Period. Some don't like being nudged to work or their workload constantly reviewed, but it is called work for a reason. If you don't like to work and just like to get paid to sit there and let the day take you with no goals for the day, this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Pay, PTO, new management
Cons
Agent commission statements are not itemized
Poor managment
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 10, 2017
A typical insurance job with decent benefits. The pay is not what it should be considering you are an agent. You are treated more like an hourly employee then a manager.
Company can do much better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 8, 2017
The people and atmosphere are when everyone is one the same page. The company, however, can do more to help their employees succeed and draw in more business and to allow more advancement opportunities.
Not a lot of support while in training and learning course
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 31, 2017
job is good for ones that have a license and experience
management was overwhelmed and seemed bothered by working vs personal life
would not recommend this for an unlicensed person wanting to learn to obtain license
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMarch 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here had great coworkers and management wonderful clients typical day at work open office greet clients take payments set up new policy make follow up phone calls, made renewal phone calls.
Cons
Late hours and Saturdays
Terrible job!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2017
They pride themselves on lies. They have favorites (those willing to suck up). If you believe in doing what's right and fair...this is not the job for you. New rules daily.
Pros
Off day during the week.
Cons
Work EVERY Saturday.
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2017
I like working with the employees. I love my job and what I do however, getting a salary increase is non existent. The office is very loud and the people are not as professional as they probably should be at times.
Pros
people
Cons
Salary increases are very difficult to receive
Company in transition
Total Loss Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 3, 2017
Company going through a lot of transitions. Very little room for advancement. A lot of changes being made since date of hire.
Great pay, HORRIBLE place!
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJanuary 25, 2017
The only good thing about this job is the pay and the OT they provide. The management sucks, the customers are rude. They're not a fair company. They only care about money and not safety of employees.
Amazing Company with Growth Opportunity
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I have been an employee of Acceptance Insurance for 10 years and have moved up in position several times. I started out in entry level sales and worked my way up to Multi-Unit Management. I have had opportunities to travel, learn a second language, network, and grow both personally and professionally.

If you are willing to work and give it the best you can, this job is very rewarding with unlimited opportunity for growth and advancement.

If you are interested in working with this company, I highly suggest speaking with people who are STILL employed in lieu of making your decision based off the disgruntled or no longer employed.
Pros
Growth, Travel, Work Life Balance, Pay
Cons
I.T. issues
n/a
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2017
Acceptance handles total loss claims on vehicles and pays leinholders. Acceptance works well with family life situations and has flexible schedules.
Run Run
Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 23, 2016
This company closed all the Missouri locations. Employees were mistreated and money was taken from them. They are underhanded and sneaky. You can do better!!! Horrible to work for
Pros
Get licensed
Cons
Dont know where to start
Keep moving
Lead Retail Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2016
No advancement or growth opportunity...management is incompetent with no back bone....The company is very contradictory. The RM's are rude and arrogant with no regards as to how we the agents handle the day to day activity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8