Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

I started working here and its ok
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2016
Very good people. We are like family at this location the people here are amazing and hard workers best location I know so far
If I could give negative stars, I would
managing agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 22, 2016
Where do I start? I have worked in the insurance industry for over 10 years, and never have I worked for such a horrible company. They treat their employees like garbage, micromanaging their every move. They do not care about their employees and management constantly talks down to their employees and treats them like children.

They change schedules with little to no notice, and expect their employees to be able to conform to said changes with no respect to employees with child care issues.

They will also change your pay at anytime without notice, and try to spin it that it's for your benefit, but anyone with half a brain can clearly see it's for the companies benefit, not the employee.

All upper management and CEO's have only RETAIL background, and try to treat their sales offices as such, with no knowledge of how to successfully run an insurance office.

They require outside marketing, but refuse to reimburse employees for mileage and marketing expenses. They even go as far as saying their agents are responsible for purchasing their own stamps to mail documents from the office.

They provide PTO, but with no opportunity to use it, with month long black out periods, and black out dates proceeding and succeeding every major holiday. PTO is also on a "use it or lose it" basis with no ability to carry over unused dates.

Mandatory work days on every Monday, Friday, and Saturday, the 1st, 3rd, 15th, and 30th or 31st of the month with no approved overtime leaves the office extremely short staffed on peak business days.

The HR department is just as corrupt as their
  more... management and will sweep complaints of discrimination under the rug to protect their managers and not their employees

Be weary of this company, especially if you work for them. I gave ample notice of my resignation and they still are trying not to pay me my final paycheck.
Cons
They won't stop changing things!!!!
Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 16, 2016
When I first started, we alternated Saturdays off with our co-worker. Then things changed and we could only take 1 Saturday off a month. For the last almost 3 years, we have been made to work EVERY SINGLE Saturday unless we use our vacation time for it.
Our hours used to be Mon-Fri 9-6 and Saturday from 10-2 then they changed to Sat 10-5 and now we work Mon-Thurs 9-6 Friday 9-7 and Saturday 9-5.
AND WE ARE ALLOWED ABSOLUTELY ZERO OVERTIME. On Friday one of us works 9-6 and the other 10-7 and then if we are coming close to 40hours, we have to leave 15-20 minutes early one day so we make sure we don't go over.
Our customers are whiney boogers that are constantly griping over prices. Yes, insurance is high... I'm not immune just because I'm an insurance agent. Do these same customers gripe at walmart when their prices increase? It's the same concept... companies have to make money to stay in business.
NOW they are messing with our money. They are taking away a third of our base pay because we have the "opportunity" to make commission and bonuses. If I wanted to work for commission, it wouldn't be for this company for sure!! I like having a comfortable hourly wage that I can COUNT ON, not have to stress about whether I'm beating last years numbers so I can feed my family and with all the rate increases and policy changes the company is making, it's a huge struggle to top last years sales. Top all this off with the fact that our claims department SUCKS and we regularly lose customers because our claims dept is so slow and you just can' t win!!!
Why does it take 2 weeks just
  more... to get an appraiser out to look at vehicles when our rental reimbursement only covers a max of ten days??
Overall, I love my customers. They really are what makes this job enjoyable, and my co-worker is great. I just can't keep dealing with these changes, especially not now that they are messing with my money.
Pros
easy work
Cons
messing with my pay
Okay Company
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company but have i out grown the position and now looking for new and better opportunities, Management skills are not professional.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
work schedule
Claims handling
Extended Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 12, 2016
I love the company because it allows me to use my skills as a leader and do a phenomenal job. However, the company is failing to abide by jurisdictional and policy guidelines. The employees are lacking in skills to make the necessary decisions. There is a huge exposure for bad faith and law suits from our insureds.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Health Insurance, Pay, and Environment
Great insurance start
Customer Service Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 1, 2016
I have learned how to handle customer complaints, issue insurance policies, endorse insurance policies, and handle deposits.
Horrible!
Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2016
This company hired me with the knowledge I would be working a certain shift. Within a couple of weeks it changed and I was stuck working a shift I was not ok with. I was writing policies rather fast but didn't get paid for my first commission check because the district manager made me write policies before I was technically licensed. I had numerous problems with getting paid and having my time card corrected if there was an error and it took them 2 and a half weeks to get me my final paycheck. I loved the people that I worked with and my clients but the overall vibe of the company was terrible.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 5, 2016
You basically get no outside life. Say goodbye to the weekends besides Sunday. Be prepared to always get told you can improve but they give you no opportunity to expand in the company. Don't even think about a promotion. Say goodbye to vacations during holidays because that's a no go as well
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No promotions/raises/weekends
This is a challenging job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2016
I don't agree that there are no upsides to this position, like so many others have posted. You have the ability (at least as an agent) to earn uncapped income if you can successfully grow your store and book of business. The downside to that is, if management doesn't like you, they can reassign you to another smaller store and call it a demotion or even worse, just fire you. The culture of this business leaves much to be desired, but if you can weather it all, they do pay pretty well, which is how they justify how poorly agents are treated. This is a high pressure and stressful job and not for someone who is only willing to do the bare minimum. Be prepared to put out 250 sticky notes on people's cars, and 300 tear sheets a week (which your must hand stamp and cut yourself) . Plus make face to face meetings with local auto dealers, insurance offices, and businesses. I want to stay (mainly because I have not been able to find comparable pay thru any other means of employment), but this company seriously needs to improve their culture. Constantly provoked employees do not work well and changing expectations midstream constantly while making us work under 40 hours, no overtime, extending work hours til 7 pm Friday nights and opening an hour earlier on Saturdays, and placing mandatory job requirements, all while reassigning your CSR to cover another store is assinine. I don't know how to meet all these expectations and make them balance and I have three years of practice. I feel like I'm being set up to fail. The gotcha tactics and fear and intimidation style  more... of management has got to stop. They aren't motivating anyone like that. If they think making us scared for our jobs is going to create the profit this company do desperately seeks and needs, they should try a different approach, like building us up, encouraging and motivating us to be better versions of ourselves. Stop looking for somewhere to pull the rug out from under us. Positive mental attitude is impossible if you constantly feel oppressed.  less
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Pto blackouts, retaliation from management, constantly changing policies, short staffing, long hours, stressful unrealistic expectations
If you want to make pennies then its a great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I am in California and I worked for Titan insurance when acceptance insurance bought out Titan I was a lead agent with Titan insurance and I was getting paid more than what they are offering me and for the duties as a managing agent it's just ridiculous. You have to work every Saturday from 9 to 5 and there is no work family balance they have blackout dates around the holidays andthe first three months of the year no PTO allowed. Any commissions or bonuses that you receive are taxed at the supplemental rate so you think you'd be getting one amount and you're actually getting half of that. I would advise anyone stay as far away from this place as you can. No appreciation for the hard work that you put into the company.
Very unorganized and unstructured
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Sitting in an office all day most times by myself.
I learned a little more about automobile insurance and why it is so important to have, the difference between liability and comprehension and collision,and coverage limits. Management was not able to take accountability for her mistakes or inability to manage. I was never properly trained. Co-workers who held the title of 'Agent', were supposed to show new employees how to perform necessary functions to sell insurance to customers. Unfortunately, they did not show up sometimes and I had to learn how to do some things on my own. Hardest part of the job was that there were so many changes so fast and I had to travel anywhere from 30-40 miles coming and going. The best thing about my job was the atmosphere, and my co-workers- the pay was not too bad either.
Pros
solitude, ability to complete projects, co-workers
Cons
shorter lunches, long distance driving, poor management
New mgtmt - micro mange, poor communication, poor working conditions, constant process chgs w/out finding out why doesnt work or allow time to work
Claims Aduster 1 (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 26, 2015
Terrible working conditions, short staffed yet expected to carry extremely high pending & produce closures...number driven, new mtgtmt that knows nothing about running clms successfully; mgtmt ease drops on your conversations to be used against you; best get in writing what job expecting to be working, they will pull a "bait&switch" on you once u get in; favoritism; no consistency in processes or unecessary constant changes; constant daily reminders not producing closures or making contacts inspite of unreasonable clms load. Unecessary cc of upper mgtmt on day to day clms complaints that should be expected if running professionally run clms department; only insecure mgtmt does that. Should have followed mind & quit 3rd week being there; I gave them too much of the benefit of doubt, my time & experience; I blame myself for that decision. They run off the good adjusters with experience. Extremely disappointed in what this company could be because of poor mgmt decisions & poor staff handling practices. No ee advocate (s); upper mgtmt is deceiving, don't be fooled believing they have your back, they could care less. Do not be hood winked into believing this company is learning from it's mistakes, making necessary changes, & growing in right direction; they have a long way to go to get moving in the right direction; by then it might be too late.
Pros
Let me get back with you on this...well, there are some good people there to work with; far & few though.
Cons
Run sweat shop; poor work conditions, untrustworthy mgtmt
The most enjoyable part of the job and con's
Managing agent (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 8, 2015
I enjoy working for acceptance Insurance you don't get harassed by upper management and its like working for yourself. the downside is when your short staff your in the office by yourself for months at a time.
Pros
don't get harassed by upper management
Cons
short staff your in the office by yourself for months at a time.
very ugly place to work for
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 6, 2015
The place is a joke of company very micro management. Horrible upper management .awful compensation they work you like a robot change rules and take away from the agents that actually make the customers and money ..
Pros
dm manager
Cons
every thing
Licensed Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHNovember 16, 2015
This is a great place to work. Upper management is always looking for ways to help you be your most successful. I have seen this company grow from nothing to something and I am honored that I have been able to be part of it.
Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 3, 2015
Great Company to work for, the company makes you feel comfortable. Great Team Work as well.

Always very professional and Welcoming
Opportunities to make more money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Good benefits. No pressure selling. Opportunity to move out of state. Opportunity to advance in the company.
ok work environment
Agent/Office Mananger (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 22, 2015
Loved the customers, Had a good relationship with my customers and enjoyed being there for them when a problem arised or just helping their insurance needs.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate Changes
Insurance carrier based in Nashville, TN
Real Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2015
growing company, I worked there for around 10 years and saw many changes. I worked with other long term employees. Very numbers driven company.
Worked with people on their Insurance needs
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 18, 2015
It was a great place to work. It was very important to educate people on what type of Insurance they had or needed.The managment was great and the training was also good.

2.7