Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews

Acceptance Insurance
Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Had a great experience at acceptance that's when I first started getting my license to sell car insurance I did have ups and downs it was a good learning experience
Pros
My first learning experience at acceptance
Cons
Pay was low
Not a fan
Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 12, 2018
As an employee, I never felt that the company and my higher-ups had my back. The district manager was very rude and unprofessional. Job is not desirable if you have a family.
Starter company
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAJanuary 7, 2018
This is okay starter company. A place to get your license then leave for a real job. Poor pay, horrible management, and a corp that actively undermines it employees. This company knowingly underpays per industry standard.
Pros
random benefits
Cons
pay, management, working conditions.
Acceptance Insurance is a great place work if you like a slow pace and marketing environment.
Customer Service Representative/Agent (Former Employee) –  3401 Altamesa Blvd. Fort Worth, TX 76133December 3, 2017
A typical day started by putting out the sings in front of the store calling leads for marketing and taking in payments. I learned how to advocate for clients when confronting a dispute or vehicle accident. Management was not in location but just a phone call away. The work culture was pleasant when there was a colleague present but lonely in most parts. The hardest part was the long hours working alone with no one in sight. The most enjoyable was getting out on the field for marketing.
Pros
You have the ability to structure your income through several ways of advertising and marketing.
Cons
You are pressed to meet marketing and selling of product demands.
Stressful culture with high demands
RETAIL SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 1, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone with a family. It is extremely demanding and requires working 6 days a week. Unfortunately the company cares more about its bottom line than it does employees and their work-life balance.
Pros
Local employment
Cons
work weeks include 6 days
Employees are great
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2017
The employees are hard working, caring, people. We work great together and individually. Management is poor. If the work load was processed better, more employees would see Acceptance as a career not just a job. Also communication between customer, customer care rep, and adjusters could be improved.
Non Standard Insurance
Insurance Agent/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2017
On the phone consent; I learned billing, and I was able to discuss policy coverage's which was great. work place wasn't what I expected...the hardest part about this particular job was management
Pros
the people was great
Cons
you had to ask to use the restroom
Great company to start out in insurance
Licensed Managing Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, AL 36867October 17, 2017
Learned a lot and they help with getting licenses. Lots of micro management but also you get to work alone or with just your CSR a bit. they constantly change the way they do things which is stressful .
Pros
working with no supervision lots
Cons
management, constant changes
The pay with Commission is Good
Managing General Agent (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 10, 2017
Management is fair and follows up quickly with any issues or concerns, You can make money and meet allot of local people. It gets busy sometimes, but if you have a good assistant its not bad
Pros
Commission checks
Cons
Working late and on Saturday
They pay a fair wage and Give you Bonus Commission
Managing General Agent (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 3, 2017
Good Company for a little above Average Pay. You work Hard and bring in Customers and you will see it on your pay check. There is never any delays in being paid they pay you what they tell you they will pay. Lets face it we go to work to be paid. Customers are interesting and you get to know them well. Good Job as long as you have a good team member
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Working late and Saturdays
Would not mind working for them again
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 2, 2017
This company is good to work for, at the time I just did not feel appreciated due to new supervisor being hired and it was family of owner, therefore he did not take the time to know his employees.
Pros
Benefits were great!
Cons
The supervisor then did not take the time to listen and get to know you personally, he then was very easy to judge people.
Waste of Time!!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 2, 2017
Upper management is clueless about insurance business and runs place like we are selling tires. Unrealistic goal with little to no pay out, work people to death for pennies. Company is to cheap to advertise and market so employee are expected to market on top of the endless conference call about nothing ans trying to serve clients. And don't think about overtime, one minute over and you are scolded like a child. So full time is actually about 37 hours due to mandatory Saturday work which is a short day. I suggest looking elsewhere to begin a career in the insurance industry the right way.
Pros
will pay for insurance licensing but charge if leave before a year
Cons
Management has no knowledge of business
It's just OK
Agent (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 18, 2017
Acceptance is a good starter job to get your feet wet. Management is horrible and plays favorites. The hours are not work/life balance friendly. They pick and choose what rates you start off at instead of going with the pay rate scale. Not very ethical in their business
Pros
An office job, Paid holidays
Cons
Poor management, unethical, long hours, rates too high
Overall Acceptance was a good place to work.
Insurance Agent/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN 37660September 13, 2017
Overall Acceptance was a good place to work. The managing agent in my office was a sweet young lady however, she did not do well in training me. There were a lot of things I had to figure out on my own.
Nice place to work
Branch Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 30, 2017
Good. Basically work on your own pace. Attend to customers. Management does harp on assuring you sell extra services. Emails sent from managerial are threatening and often point fingers. This Insurance is way to high for the area. If they lower prices than it would be competitive. Otherwise, The premiums are way to high and managerial blames it on the agents...
Pros
Cons
Work schedule unfair and basically, insurance costs way more than the adverage company.
Very stressful place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 24, 2017
You are micro managed, constantly changing procedures without always letting you know. I had 5 district managers in 2 years and each one had their own ways of having you complete your daily tasks and each time a new manager would come in you never knew what you were supposed to do until you got in trouble. Horrible regional manager, was very unethical and if you reported him he would find a way to retaliate against you. I never got spend much time with my family, worked long hours and every Saturday and some people would work on holidays and Sundays with no overtime pay.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Acceptance was a busy and enjoyable work place
Insurance Agent/Office mgr (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 21, 2017
A typical work day consist of working with policies and people.
I learned so much over the course of 12+ years that I worked there. My office was one of the top offices in the company. I worked hard to make it what it was. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people and making life long friends. Helping people with their insurance needs.
Cons
Long hours, six days a week.
Sweat shop
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2017
No care of claims quality, poor management and staffing model. Pay is stingy and benefits are nil. High turnover without any apparent vision for change or to run a good company
Pros
Cons
Dont apply
learning experience/ and fun to work.
SR-22 Policies (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 4, 2017
working as a CSR in the insurance world was a pleasure, meeting new people ever day, learning new things about the insurance world what it cover and what was not covered. Management was also fun to work with as we learned new things, the workplace was open and very colorful and always clean everyone always felt welcome, the hardest part of the job was keeping people keep their insurance up to date, the most enjoyable part of the job was able to meet new people every day.
Pros
free time to spend with family when need
Cons
1 hr lunches, health insurance, 401 k
Gaining insurance exp.
INSURANCE PRODUCER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 2, 2017
Acceptance insurance is a great company to work for if you're looking forward to getting your foot in the door in the insurance industry. I never had any issues I highly recommend this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9