Access Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Manager is very organized and open to ideas.
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 7, 2017
No real room for advancement. It's more about who you know. Too, much multitasking. Benefit Specialist are required to do a few jobs, but receive pretty much the same compensation as others.
Community base medical facility
CHS/Ryan White Case Manager/Suboxone Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
Good place to start and build from there, there is a diverse ethnic group of staff people, with a wealth of knowledge, and experience. I have 10 years.
Access Community Health
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
There's a lot of things that could be done to better serve the community and staff. Company should have monthly meetings to help the work flow smooth.
Patient Oriented
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day is servicing patients with appointments and other concerns, from referrals, change of demographic information and other patient care concerns and questions
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Bonuses
Cons
Pay rate, Hard to Advance
Great Location to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Job is just a Salary and a Seat. Great Experience if you Love what you do. Potential Growth but, a Lack of Training Leadership especially New Managers. Lack of Confidentiality, HR personnel should be eveluated. Poor Management/Leadership on up to Executive Level. Job is not a Guranteed Security for those who wants to really make a difference.

Revenue Cycle department is a revolving Door.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Poor Management/Leadership
productive
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
good very well productive day duties open or close procedures in a daily base. working with patients filing or managing scheduling as well managing medical records.
Pros
close to home
Cons
days off vary
Great Place
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
Everyone welcomed me with open arms, got me up to date asap. Answered any questions, showed me how to do things. Very professional staff.
Amazing organization that is Caring, Committed and Connected
Maternal and Child Health Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
Learned so much from working alongside some phenomenal individuals who have left and stayed with the organization. Love being able to work with families and giving back to the community.
not that bad
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
There were a lot of perks, pay wasn't bad, benefits were good but than place has management issues, the way it is ran is awful!
steadily busy call center
Call center associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
scheduling appointments, sometimes looking for other clinics in urgent matters. Which can be a little time consuming if no appointments are available.

Everyone is very nice and always willing to help you. Once a month there is something, like sports day, superhero day or a potluck.

The hardest part is sitting down all day.
Pros
potlucks and special employee days
Cons
being in a stationary position
Growing Organization and Great Co-workers
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Work environment is very relaxing
Growing organization great chance to increase your skills
Co-workers are very friendly
Idea location
Pros
relaxing working enviroment
Cons
No Bonuses
Hardworking team
Operations Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Company had a hard working team truly caring and invested in serving under privileged populations

The team was well equipped and was dedicated to the company mission
Productive and Resourceful
Certified Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
With Access Community Health Network I started part time. I would go outreach within the communities and local businesses to provide material of services. Community events, town hall meetings, trainings and home visits. I was promoted to fulltime, teaching the youth and teen parent the importance of contraception In the Summit, Illinois area. I had the opportunity to train and obtain a position as a Breastfeeding peer counselor. Daily hospital rounds In the Maternal child unit at Mt. Sinai hospital, educating new moms about breastfeeding and providing them with the support they needed to be successful with breastfeeding their newborns.
Pros
All the free trainings
Professional work force
Medical Assistant/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
I loved this employer because they keep you employed and professionally handle things. I watched a lot of employees come and leave for different reasons. The most complaints I have heard is that people do not like all the work and are forced to work a lot of hours. I on the other hand find this job fun but on the downside you work a lot of hours when in need. They give permanent employees great opportunities, but not part-timers.
fun place to work everyone was friendly
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
a typical work day consisted of a supportive supervisor, the best part of the job was coming in in the mornings knowing what work had to be done and meeting deadlines without being micromanaged, it could get challenging at times but I can say that I learned a lot.
Pros
started out with 30 minutes lunch but was later moved to having 1hour lunch
Medical Asistant-present chicago,il
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
Its ok for a new grad Medical Assistant to get the experience.
This job help you to further your education in the health field.
Pros
This company offer vacation time and sick time seperate unlike pto
Good Company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
This is a good company to work for but there comes a time when you would like to discover different companies and gather new knowledge and experiences.
Caring and Committed Organization
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients and having a organizational team that ensures patient receive quality health care services.
Pros
Family work atmosphere
Cons
n/a
productive
Receptionist/ Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
good work place very kind staff and very helpful with one another a good place to start your career and get experience,good patient flow
Management is horrible but you learn a lot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
My experience here was good. I learned so much. My coworkers were awesome. I never realized how overworked I was until I left. Access only cares about billable encounters and not the quality of care they give. Patients can complain and the manager will cover it up, most of the time the regionals won't even know of the problems going on. Managers and regionals always play favorites and only people that are really good friends with these supervisors advance in access. And if you point this out you become a target for them. This is a good place to gain experience but don't stick around too long or they'll suck the life out of you. Scheduling was good at least at the site I was at. Benefits before were good until they decided to change insurances and charge more for less services. The pay is low, in fact right before I left they decided to give the new people raises and completely screwed over the people that have given them years of service by not giving them a raise as well.
Cons
Management is no help neither is HR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6