Access Community Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

steadily busy call center
Call center associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
scheduling appointments, sometimes looking for other clinics in urgent matters. Which can be a little time consuming if no appointments are available.

Everyone is very nice and always willing to help you. Once a month there is something, like sports day, superhero day or a potluck.

The hardest part is sitting down all day.
Pros
potlucks and special employee days
Cons
being in a stationary position
Hardworking team
Operations Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Company had a hard working team truly caring and invested in serving under privileged populations

The team was well equipped and was dedicated to the company mission
Productive and Resourceful
Certified Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
With Access Community Health Network I started part time. I would go outreach within the communities and local businesses to provide material of services. Community events, town hall meetings, trainings and home visits. I was promoted to fulltime, teaching the youth and teen parent the importance of contraception In the Summit, Illinois area. I had the opportunity to train and obtain a position as a Breastfeeding peer counselor. Daily hospital rounds In the Maternal child unit at Mt. Sinai hospital, educating new moms about breastfeeding and providing them with the support they needed to be successful with breastfeeding their newborns.
Pros
All the free trainings
Professional work force
Medical Assistant/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
I loved this employer because they keep you employed and professionally handle things. I watched a lot of employees come and leave for different reasons. The most complaints I have heard is that people do not like all the work and are forced to work a lot of hours. I on the other hand find this job fun but on the downside you work a lot of hours when in need. They give permanent employees great opportunities, but not part-timers.
fun place to work everyone was friendly
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
a typical work day consisted of a supportive supervisor, the best part of the job was coming in in the mornings knowing what work had to be done and meeting deadlines without being micromanaged, it could get challenging at times but I can say that I learned a lot.
Pros
started out with 30 minutes lunch but was later moved to having 1hour lunch
Medical Asistant-present chicago,il
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
Its ok for a new grad Medical Assistant to get the experience.
This job help you to further your education in the health field.
Pros
This company offer vacation time and sick time seperate unlike pto
Good Company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
This is a good company to work for but there comes a time when you would like to discover different companies and gather new knowledge and experiences.
Caring and Committed Organization
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for patients and having a organizational team that ensures patient receive quality health care services.
Pros
Family work atmosphere
Cons
n/a
productive
Receptionist/ Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
good work place very kind staff and very helpful with one another a good place to start your career and get experience,good patient flow
Management is horrible but you learn a lot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
My experience here was good. I learned so much. My coworkers were awesome. I never realized how overworked I was until I left. Access only cares about billable encounters and not the quality of care they give. Patients can complain and the manager will cover it up, most of the time the regionals won't even know of the problems going on. Managers and regionals always play favorites and only people that are really good friends with these supervisors advance in access. And if you point this out you become a target for them. This is a good place to gain experience but don't stick around too long or they'll suck the life out of you. Scheduling was good at least at the site I was at. Benefits before were good until they decided to change insurances and charge more for less services. The pay is low, in fact right before I left they decided to give the new people raises and completely screwed over the people that have given them years of service by not giving them a raise as well.
Cons
management is no help neither is hr
Serious about providing a rewarding patient experience
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606December 15, 2014
A typical day starts from the time you walk through the door until the end of your shift. You begin by providing exemplary customer service to everyone that you engage. I was trained to be the best employee that I could be. My co-workers were a delight and the hardest part of the job was there not being enough time in the day. The most enjoyable time part of the job was having something to do the entire day
Pros
all staff breakfast and christmas party
Cons
out sourcing of workload
CNMs stay away
CNM (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 16, 2014
On paper, this is a full scope CNM job, but stay away unless you only want to work in a clinic and if you don't care about having a productive OB collaborator or management relationship, or having a relationship with other CNMs in the organization. The CNMs are marginalized and isolated in widely scattered clinics across Chicago. There is no "midwife group" or "midwife practice" and really there is nobody you can ask practice questions/policies/procedures - the other CNMs are unhelpful and unresponsive. Access only cares about one thing: number of billable encounters you generate. They are primary care focussed, not OB-Gyne. You will have absolutely NO control over your schedule. Central scheduling and front desk staff can do a very poor job. Management (ie medical directors, clinic manager) will ignore you and you will not get positive feedback - you will only get feeback if a patient complains about you. They start threatening you when you resign. They aren't happy about midwives attending births, because CNMs have so few to begin with, they aren't profitable. There are no RNs in the clinic - medical assistants and clinic managers, most of which have no college education, behave as if they are your boss. There is no clear chain of command where you can discuss your job or get meaningful feedback. The OB-Gynes are overall hostile to midwives and treat them very poorly. If you take call at their affiliated hospital, you will not be allowed to admit or discharge patients, you will not be allowed to triage, use the ultrasound, first assist, or even manage your "assigned" patients  more... independently. Resident OBs will intervene and tell you what to do. It is a hostile work environment where you will be bullied, esp. by some OBs. My southside patients didn't even want to deliver at the affiliated hospital and usually went to another hospital closer to their homes through the ER to deliver their babies. Be warned.  less
Pros
sometimes the drug rep will bring a lunch. on paper it's a cnm job.
Cons
staying here too long will hurt your future job chances. see comments above.
A place of service
Project Manager, Medical Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2014
The people at ACCESS are passionate about the work they do. They are truly interesting in the well being of the community and not just the pay check. Management is approachable and transparent
Good place to work for if inexperience
Manager, Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Management is not professional nor qualified
Careet advancement and raises are not considered.
Prevention Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 13, 2014
A typical work day is full busy work and follow ups with clients. I have learned a great deal about patient centered health care and feel those are tools that can be adapted into other positions in my future.
Management has poor communication skills with staff. Co-workers are very helpful and are easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job is not feeling appreciated for hard work.
The most enjoyable aspect of this job is the ability learn and pay it forward.
Pros
positive interaction with new people daily
Cons
lack of continuous job change or improvements no room for job advancement
Awesome learning experience
Charge Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
Working for Access was a great experienced. I learned so much and felt like a family working there. The staff and management was extremely nice and supportive.
Dont work here
social worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
This company is most consirnded with where the next dollar is coming from. Work is not consitant, much down time and not a lot of consideration for the people they are "helping." HR and management are lazy, disorganized and extremely critical. I had health problems and this health company fired me for them. I would strongly adivse anyone considering employment here to think hard about it, and see what other opportunities are out there.
Very fast pace enviroment, good team to work with.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, IL.June 20, 2014
Well, I was the head medical assistant for the residency program for St. Francis, therefore, it was a fast ongoing day for me. Access had a subsidized programs for patients without insurance depending on their income. We were seeing anywhere between 25-50 patients a day.
Pros
very reliable job and understading if we had emergency issues.
Cons
pay cuts.
Provider Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
I enjoy working for this company seeking a position in the health industry in management.
excellent place to work at
Community Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2014
Communicating with administration and other agencies to create promotional evwents that lead to successful advertisment of health care servcies. great co-workers, most difficult time creating events-rewrding but also time consuming, best time enjoying the outdoors for multuiple events.
Pros
make a lot of friends and meet a lot of important personalities.
Cons
job security depended on outreach outcome and numbers.