Access Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Nice company
Community Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 24, 2018
I really enjoyed my job at ACCESS if it had not been for budget cuts I could definitely see myself retiring from there. The schedule was flexible and the benefits were amazing! They helped me get on a path of bettering my life!
Summary
Facilities Manager/Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Planning, scheduling, and supervising the activities of the facilities maintenance mechanics to ensure prompt, efficient, and dependable service for 37 medical facilities and related facilities at all times. With what i mentioned above I learned to manage the activities of maintenance mechanics in the Facilities Department to ensure safe and efficient construction, installation, repair and maintenance of healthcare equipment and healthcare facilities. I managed work with outside contractors to ensure they have the necessary support to perform high quality and safe services. The culture is diverse and most in the workplace are passionate about providing healthcare. The hardest part of the job is working with someone who is not passionate about working and is only there to collect a check. The most enjoyable part of the job is performing interim Life Safety and Infection Control risk assessments for projects. Inspecting work activities both in-house and with contractors to ensure that completed work conforms to proper quality, fire safety, efficient building and codes, OSHA, the Joint Commission, local AHJ, and IDPH regulations, and that Subordinates work in a safe and efficient manner and wear proper safety equipment. Ensure corrective maintenance work orders and preventive maintenance are completed within the department required time frame. Using Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to maximize productivity. That makes work fun knowing that staff and visitors are is a safe and secure facility.
slow paced practice with poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 8, 2017
Access Community Health Network is a slow paced practice with poor management. Not highly recommended as a job. Needs better management...............
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
very fast paced area, fun to work on and you get to know very different type of people,you learn a lot, is fun to work with great people they see your hard work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
HR Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2017
Standard 8 hour day
Great management style, learned a lot from manager.
Once was an incredible place to work
Love helping customer
Coworkers make your day go by fast
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
Poor pay depending on which department you are in
Company need some improvement but it is okay working here.
Account Receivable Analyst/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
I am mostly answering the phones helping patients, attorneys, physicians etc., or I am on the computer working in my work queue. I have learn so much about all the insurance, the co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and there are so many different type of insurance. Management is good, they let us do our work and if we have a question they are always here to answer our questions. I really don't have a hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part is when an elderly patient calls because they have a bill that they cannot afford to pay and I help them and at the end they don't owe anything, I really enjoy the way they feel and how appreciative they are
Fine For Entry Level
Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Fine for entry level but little opportunity for advancement in your career. Never had to work more than my scheduled 40 hours per week and lots of flexibility in scheduling.
Needs to turn over middle and senior management
Physician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
You work your tail off and have to deal with management whose only concern is your numbers and ensuring that you stay in your place. If you have low self esteem and don't mind working with people who have no integrity you'll fit in great.
Pros
Patients
Cons
management and culture is
Not the best place to work
Research Assistant/Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
ACCESS only cares about its Leadership team. Staff is over-worked and under-paid. There is very little room for advancement. The overall feeling of this company is unpleasent. Most employees rarely stay over a year.
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
Compensation, lack of appreciation
more money
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
I enjoy my work as a medical assistant i just need more money. I really enjoy drawing blood on patients of all ages and size. i have been here for over 9 years and just want a little more for my children and myself.
Diverse and supportive
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2017
The providers at Access are a solid team that holds high expectations for themselves. Patients are given the utmost care. Ease in speaking Spanish is beneficial.
Room for advancement
CASE MANAGER / FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Worked for his company for 21 year. I have been promoted several times and was given a scholarship to continue my education. Several times to be a team leader and worked beyond then regular 8 hour day, which gave me insight to management, other areas of the company and meet new staff.
Manager is very organized and open to ideas.
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 7, 2017
No real room for advancement. It's more about who you know. Too, much multitasking. Benefit Specialist are required to do a few jobs, but receive pretty much the same compensation as others.
Community base medical facility
CHS/Ryan White Case Manager/Suboxone Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
Good place to start and build from there, there is a diverse ethnic group of staff people, with a wealth of knowledge, and experience. I have 10 years.
Fast pace work place, short in staff
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2017
Access Is a very good place to learn basic Administrative skills. It is fast paced and very demanding. The downfall is that is also short staffed and the employees are usually over worked and not compensated for their hard work.
Pros
Gifts and goodies around the holidays. Free lunches from pharmesutical representatives.
Cons
Over worked staff, No protection or repect from company towards its employees
Access Community Health
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
There's a lot of things that could be done to better serve the community and staff. Company should have monthly meetings to help the work flow smooth.
Patient Oriented
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day is servicing patients with appointments and other concerns, from referrals, change of demographic information and other patient care concerns and questions
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Bonuses
Cons
Pay rate, Hard to Advance
Great Location to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Job is just a Salary and a Seat. Great Experience if you Love what you do. Potential Growth but, a Lack of Training Leadership especially New Managers. Lack of Confidentiality, HR personnel should be eveluated. Poor Management/Leadership on up to Executive Level. Job is not a Guranteed Security for those who wants to really make a difference.

Revenue Cycle department is a revolving Door.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Poor Management/Leadership
productive
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
good very well productive day duties open or close procedures in a daily base. working with patients filing or managing scheduling as well managing medical records.
Pros
close to home
Cons
days off vary
Great Place
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
Everyone welcomed me with open arms, got me up to date asap. Answered any questions, showed me how to do things. Very professional staff.