- The BSA/AML Analyst assists in identifying and mitigating money laundering risk by conducting daily reviews of system alerts.
- The Analyst understands and follows aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act, Treasury Department’s regulations, and the USA PATRIOT Act and assures Bank Policy and Procedures are followed.
- This position will be responsible for maintaining required documentation to support compliance with BSA regulations, including but not limited to suspicious activity investigations and reporting,
- Customer Information Program compliance initiatives, bank training activities, and other internal control measures as directed by the BSA Officer.
- The incumbent will be responsible for producing various bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports in Excel and Word that will be reviewed by bank management, auditors and bank regulators for overall BSA and AML compliance.
- Researches and analyzes possible money laundering activity by performing analysis of activities based on system alerts and system evidence. Ensure adequate documentation and follow up activities are conducted to substantiate conclusions from system alerts.
- Reviews suspicious activity monitoring
- Evaluates cash transactions and Currency Transaction Reports to assure accuracy and for suspicious activity monitoring.
- Remains current with AML system applications and informs BSA staff of changes.
- Research and gather documentation to facilitate government and audit requests.
- Conducting case investigations, and preparing regulatory filings
- Completion of OFAC review
- Identifying activity trends
- Assist in the handling of informational requests submitted under the USA PATRIOT Act
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or a minimum of 2 years of compliance related experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of money laundering process
- Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Treasury Department’s Financial Record Keeping Regulation, USA Patriot Act and various other anti-money laundering laws
- Knowledge of federally recognized examination procedures to evaluate compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Must possess high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Background in statistics and quantitative methods a plus.
- Strong PC and software skills and an aptitude for learning bank operating systems
- Strong analytical, organizational, investigative and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, accurately interpret and communicate federal and state regulatory requirements
- Profession contact with all levels of management and staff
- Professional contact with external auditors or, law enforcement officials
- CAMS certification a plus.
Access National Bank is a community business bank, and strives to be the CFO’s “best friend” by offering a suite of financial services to small- to mid-sized businesses. ANB operates 5 full service banking centers located throughout Northern Virginia with services that include commercial credit, deposit, mortgage, cash management and private banking. The bank primarily targets businesses with annual revenues of up to $100 million, as well as the individuals associated with those businesses. The bank uses technology and alternative delivery methods to offer clients the most progressive banking products and services available, which enables the customer to choose the most convenient and efficient way to bank.
Access National Mortgage, a division of Access National Bank, has retail operations in the United States, the majority in the DC Metropolitan area, with the ability to underwrite loans nationwide.
Access National Corporation, NASDAQ listed ANCX