Access National Bank is a community business bank, and strives to be the CFO’s “best friend” by offering a suite of financial services to small- to mid-sized businesses. ANB operates 5 full service banking centers located throughout Northern Virginia with services that include commercial credit, deposit, mortgage, cash management and private banking. The bank primarily targets businesses with annual revenues of up to $100 million, as well as the individuals associated with those businesses. The bank uses technology and alternative delivery methods to offer clients the most progressive banking products and services available, which enables the customer to choose the most convenient and efficient way to bank.
Access National Mortgage, a division of Access National Bank, has retail operations in the United States, the majority in the DC Metropolitan area, with the ability to underwrite loans nationwide.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures performs a broad-range of teller service functions. Including processing transactions, selling bank products and services. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from customers (internal and external). Process requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assist customers and potential customers in understanding and utilizing bank products and services. Accurately and efficiently manages a cash drawer daily. Includes travel to other branches as necessary.
- Represents the bank to customers, non-customers and guests in person and by telephone in a courteous, professional manner.
- Provides accurate information to customers regarding bank services, products, policies and procedures.
- Provides general teller services and cross-sells bank products and services to customers.
- Greets clients, calls them by name, and thanks them for their business.
- Has overall knowledge and general understanding of bank services in order to provide information and assistance to members.
- Tells customers about services offered by the bank; cross-sells services and makes referrals to other departments.
- Is knowledgeable about bank policies and procedures related to the teller area. Is responsible for complying with these policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable of ANBs’ security procedures and able to perform duties in the event of a robbery.
- Is responsible for assigned cash drawer. Maintains and balances cash supply within limits set by the bank and follows related security procedures.
- Receives, verifies, and receipts deposits, loan payments, and other miscellaneous receipts.
- Cashes checks and accepts checks for deposit.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in a customer service position in a financial institution.
- Previous telephone sales experience.
- Previous teller or customer service experience required.
- Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office & the Internet.
- Extensive telephone work involved.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and sell bank products and services.
Access National Corporation, NASDAQ listed ANCX