Access National Bank Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work at all
Financial Analyst / Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 5, 2017
The guy that is running the commercial loan department is the most inept VP in the entire banking industry. If you are considering a job there I would recommend to reach out to existing employees and ask them what they think.
Pros
Cons
everything
Apply at your own risk
CSR (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 4, 2017
Only apply if you are able to guess how you should perform your job. Do not rely on anyone else to assist you. Most are not knowledgeable of their positions. Management is not trustworthy. No one at the top has a clue how the business should be run.
Pros
Cons
Read below
Operations Department
Banking Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 29, 2017
I would not recommend someone apply for a position at this bank because of the care that they have for the staff members is basically none. You apply at your own risk on this one.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, no promotions or growth for staff members and OK benefits
Not a place where you can trust your management to help you succeed
Fraud and Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Worked here for less than a year and management was never around. Not prepared to train or invest in their employee to succeed. Lack of commuincation.
Pros
Other departments and people were great.
Cons
Management failed to provide direction or expectations, inconsistency, no loyalty, not trusthworthyno work life balance, no training, no communication
Valuable Experiance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 19, 2016
I do value my experience at the Bank. It allowed me the opportunity to learn about banking/mortgage industry and the accounting of it.
My direct supervision was great and I really learned a lot from them.
I wish the company had a potential for growing or at least at the time.
Excellent growth opportunity
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Reston VASeptember 24, 2015
I spent 3 years with Access National and have very positive memories of my time with the company. The majority of the senior leadership team, with few exceptions, is top notch and I'd work with them again. The company is active in the community, works closely with companies to support their growth goals, and has demonstrated very sound business practices through out their existence. It is a business and if you produce you will be recognized and appreciated, but as a fast paced, fast growing entity, you need to contribute or get out. There is no room for slackers, and that is as it should be, since who wants to work with them anyway?

The opportunity to be a share holder and reap the rewards of your own efforts is exciting!
Only good for gaining experience
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 6, 2014
Not enough physical work to last a 8 hour day. People take on too much responsibility instead of letting people with experience or that want to learn help them.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Short breaks and unorganized management
ANB really values its employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 15, 2014
You work hard, but get compensated accordingly. It is a great place to work and learn. Training is endless.
Pros
Great work environment and co-workers
Cons
Expected to work too much - nights, weekends - always be available
Fast Paced enviroment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston VANovember 4, 2013
Nice company to work for. Family type environment. Lots to learn
Productive, loyal and an overall great place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA May 12, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Access National. I grew quite a bit in my professional career. Having been there for 5 years, I created friendships that will last long into the future. The most enjoyable part of my job was the family type feel the company had, many of the employees there have been with the company for quite some time. The hardest part (though I enjoyed it) was the time crunch for deadlines. I enjoy working where there are strict time restraints for completion and work well under pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5