Access Nursing Services

Access Nursing Services Employee Reviews in United States

Nice work place
CHHA (Former Employee) –  30 journal plazaJuly 21, 2016
I liked working with access nursing , They give you full time hours also part time. They make you feel welcomed you also recieve a bag labeled " access nursing " also a id with a stretch id holder you also recieve benefits and the staff is great. I worked for the one located in jersey city nj on journal square.
Pros
Card with direct deposit you earn rewards with the global Cash Card
Cons
Health care
Great Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
love the company, great people and a wonderful environment. Probably the best President a company could ever have. Passionate about helping and being a great person.
Enjoy coming Incontact with office workers, getting my schedule and how I can better asst the public and making people lives better by giving back.
Cna/Gna Certified Activity Asst/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
come in saying good morning, getting up to date details or notes on anything new . I learn to be there and be a good listener take notes with pen n pad and use advice given to me for future use. Hold the floor down how to take charge and be on pointer with emergency situation's, I have always been a good team player even if someone is not pulling there weight or share of work, n talking to them on down time or lunch time how they better handle situation and not letting problems come into play while being on the clock. Hardest part of job learning someone is moving on to other jobs saying good by or clients tell u they have no one that can take charge in there family to help them make decision's and I have to get some person involved with some kind of rank and control to help them out. Most enjoyable part of job looking back at the time I came in and counting how many lives I made a difference in and them hugging me and shaking there hands and meeting family members seeing my progress while moving on with my future plans.
Pros
I like to share my lunch, offer Activities, get involve in community
Cons
take my 15 min breaks to enjoy Ice coffee, snack
Allright
Environmental Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Hard Work learn a lot about Infectious waste In their work place.Co-workers are pleasant.Knowing that i,m helping keeping a safe working , Environment.
Pros
great job opportunity
Cons
helth covers is to expensive
Positive Professional Development and Teamwork
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2014
the environment is very stimulating and motivating when it comes to professional development. accessibility to resources. enhanced teamwork. supportive management. reliable recruiters always willing to support
Pros
coworkers, success rate in placing healthcare professionals in desired positions, constantly learning and participating in business development
Excellent Company with Opportunity for Advancement
Senior Vice President - Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
I love the culture of this company. It is a strong group of people operating as a family to achieve business objectives. They encourage fun and a work life balance while focusing on business objectives that promotes growth and employee development.
Pros
people, culture, opportunity to learn
Private Duty Recruiter/ Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Great co-worker, friendly environment. The day pass by fairly quickly and a lot have to be done.
Great until...
Travel Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
The assignment I had here was excellent. I was accepted into a Cath Lab position with no Cath Lab experience and was able to learn how to do so in five days. I didn't learn how to circulate but, it made me feel very impressed of what I am capable of. This was a need that was to be met because the hospital was so short.

In the end I was bullied for my degree status and background. I worked mostly in Medical Surgical Telemetry. Although I did have some ICU experience. The nurses who did get the assignment had extensive ICU and ER experience. I am not sure if they did not like the fact that I could keep up with them. My feeling was I got their the same way they did by passing tests and evaluations.

Anyway, one of the nurses worked for Access and when I reported him they did nothing. When I didn't want to continue the assignment due to the hostile work environment the Head Recruiter, told me he was calling the police on me. Then, his boss didn't even acknowledge the fact that I had been reporting this issue for a month.

All in all the bully ended up being hired by the hospital while I was outcasted. Since then I have worked in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, and ICU settings in many Top Magnet Hospitals in the country. Mostly as a float. I love it but, it hurts not to be in the Cath Lab anymore. Finally, I am on my way to obtaining my MSN.
Pros
pay, stipend, training, new experiences, top hospital, magnet
Cons
bully, harassment, no policy, not on nurses side.
Able to adapt quickly and efficiently to my working enviroment.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Provide routine individualized health care as changingnbandages and dressing wounds, and appying topical medications to the elderly, convalescent, or persons with disabilities at the patients home or in a care facility. Moniyor or report changes in health status. May also personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient. Also do costumer services representative.
Working at Access Nursing
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoyed my job at Access Nursing, the reason I left is because I was only part time and my position would never be full time.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
i could only get part time
Variety
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 3, 2014
You can do home care, sitter, or on to one. Good variety, and you choose when you want to work.
Pros
choosing when you want to work.
Cons
no benefits
Productive fun workpace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed the commute to interesting places, traveling was by farmost easy because the cases were within distance. patients were recieved by me with professional smile, they recieved me into their homes and lives with a security and comfort which i had embrassed this to me was the most important aspect of my trade,because i learned how to value and respect my job. being on the job i had great confidences in my patients care and they in me. On call was the greatest no waiting. emergency was responded
Pros
inservice gatherings
Cons
not enough lunch breaks
productive and outgoing
home health aid (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 13, 2014
i go to clients home and clean,cook,bath,and make sure that they have there medicine and what ever else they may need. i love my clients they always keep uplifted i learn alot from them and there very fn and outgoing people. my job is fairly easy and pretty much laid back.
work place was clean and quiet
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYJanuary 6, 2014
a typical day at work was good but the only thing about this company was that there wwere no hours more than 4 hrs a day
Pros
good pay
Cons
no hours
Travel nurse company
Travel Staff Nurse, Nightingale Nursing (Former Employee) –  FL, and CAJuly 28, 2013
These companies were great to me. They got me good jobs along the water and helped me avoid the Ohio winters (main goal). I worked in NC, SC, TX, AZ, and FL. I ended with these companies in FL. That is when I decided to take a permanent job in FL and went to Gulf Coast.
Pros
great benefits, treated well, b-day flowers:)
Cons
had to leave:(
Fun place, challenging environment.
Home Care / HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2013
I learn and grow everyday. We are a small office and we have many different personalities to work with. We speak at least 3 languages. The hardest part of our day is to keep everyone (clients and employees) satisfied and motivated. We strive to expand our presence in healthcare/homecare.
Pros
coworkers, management, great experience
Cons
very stressful at times, not enough time off
good
Evening/Weekend Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Great place to work you need little to no supervision, I didn't need any, so therefore my days went by without a problem.
Disorganized management
Horizon Health Center - Floater (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 19, 2013
A typical day at work is arriving to work to deal with the nonsense. First were given daily assignments, which no one follows. Then us medical assistants huddle in our little corner next to the roof top to talk about what happened the night before. Usually nothing to too exciting. Then to deal with patients walking from the bathroom to laboratory which; they have squeeze between two people (me & another patient) in a narrow hallway aisle carring their urine in a plastic open cup hoping they dont but into me. Pretty disgusting! Management seems to be clueless to almost everything. Their seems to be no communication, besides the fact that most of them are new and resigning after a few months. The hardest part of my job is the fact that none of the staff are on the same page. THere is absolutely no communication when it comes to relevant information pertaining to our job description. I've learned how to interact well with diversity cultures as well as become goods friends with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch break.
Cons
shifts most of the time are from 8:30am to 7 or 8 pm
Respectful work place
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2012
I'm a team player,hard worker and looking for a position that reliable and responsible.
Productive, good management
Private duty RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
Well paying, great company to work for. Management and associates supportive and wonderful to work with.Learned how to quickly and effectively make patients feel comfortable and in control of their lives outside of the hospital and transitioning back to the home setting. Learned how to care for patients who needed skills unfamiliar to me. If you dont know it learn it! Prepared by researching each case prior to first shift with each case.

4.2