Access Nursing Services Employee Reviews

Good work envioment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDJune 22, 2017
Great work environment if you like private duty Nursing and love working one on one with patients then access Nursing would be a great environment for you.
Lovely company
Evening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
The company is very lovely. You will be very hands on with the work you do. The job hours are flexible as well. I recommend giving Access a call for any medical needs.
Loved my job there. Was very caring
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 1, 2017
I would recommend working for access heath anytime. I loved my job there. You couldn't ask for any better job. I loved working in the medical field. Triage patients taking vitals and working with the public is a great feelings.
Great place to work!
A/R Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Daily report review, and resolution discussions. AR conference discussions, and contracts/timely filing update. Directors meeting via Accounts Receivables review as well.
Pros
Employee Morale and Entertainment
if you are in with management you'll get $$ & a lot of work
RN Private Duty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
I have been working for this Access Nursing since 2004 on and off
if you leave, they take it personal and then try to restart you for way less money, you have to know the right people to get consistent work.
Pros
they have every contract in NYC for Private duty
Cons
this agency has every Private duty case in every hospital in NYC
Fast paced and always evolving; great environment and people!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Highly recommended place to work. Work as much or little as you want. Staff is helpful. Great for saving extra money for rainy days or holidays. Great place for seasoned nurses to highlight their expertise.
Pros
Free lunch, great clients, friendly and helpful staff
Competitive work environment
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
A typical day at Access is without relief. You work the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave. You never leave work on time because the managers do not understand the work volume they assign the employees nor do they care. Co-workers are for themselves and very cold. Their is no one to help when one is overwhelmed. No training and no reward. I did not enjoy my experience at Access Nursing.
Pros
Cons
Too much
The job was ok because i gt to work with elder people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 16, 2016
It was a typical workday, but the office staff so not so good. i never got a raise in my pay, but other than that it was ok. I do not like the fact that they try to make you take a case that you do not want
Nice work place
CHHA (Former Employee) –  30 journal plazaJuly 21, 2016
I liked working with access nursing , They give you full time hours also part time. They make you feel welcomed you also recieve a bag labeled " access nursing " also a id with a stretch id holder you also recieve benefits and the staff is great. I worked for the one located in jersey city nj on journal square.
Pros
Card with direct deposit you earn rewards with the global Cash Card
Cons
Health care
Great Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
love the company, great people and a wonderful environment. Probably the best President a company could ever have. Passionate about helping and being a great person.

Want to know more about Access Nursing Services?

Ask a question
Enjoy coming Incontact with office workers, getting my schedule and how I can better asst the public and making people lives better by giving back.
Cna/Gna Certified Activity Asst/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
come in saying good morning, getting up to date details or notes on anything new . I learn to be there and be a good listener take notes with pen n pad and use advice given to me for future use. Hold the floor down how to take charge and be on pointer with emergency situation's, I have always been a good team player even if someone is not pulling there weight or share of work, n talking to them on down time or lunch time how they better handle situation and not letting problems come into play while being on the clock. Hardest part of job learning someone is moving on to other jobs saying good by or clients tell u they have no one that can take charge in there family to help them make decision's and I have to get some person involved with some kind of rank and control to help them out. Most enjoyable part of job looking back at the time I came in and counting how many lives I made a difference in and them hugging me and shaking there hands and meeting family members seeing my progress while moving on with my future plans.
Pros
I like to share my lunch, offer Activities, get involve in community
Cons
take my 15 min breaks to enjoy Ice coffee, snack
Allright
Environmental Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Hard Work learn a lot about Infectious waste In their work place.Co-workers are pleasant.Knowing that i,m helping keeping a safe working , Environment.
Pros
Great job opportunity
Cons
Helth covers is to expensive
Positive Professional Development and Teamwork
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2014
the environment is very stimulating and motivating when it comes to professional development. accessibility to resources. enhanced teamwork. supportive management. reliable recruiters always willing to support
Pros
coworkers, success rate in placing healthcare professionals in desired positions, constantly learning and participating in business development
Excellent Company with Opportunity for Advancement
Senior Vice President - Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
I love the culture of this company. It is a strong group of people operating as a family to achieve business objectives. They encourage fun and a work life balance while focusing on business objectives that promotes growth and employee development.
Pros
people, culture, opportunity to learn
Private Duty Recruiter/ Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Great co-worker, friendly environment. The day pass by fairly quickly and a lot have to be done.
Great until...
Travel Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
The assignment I had here was excellent. I was accepted into a Cath Lab position with no Cath Lab experience and was able to learn how to do so in five days. I didn't learn how to circulate but, it made me feel very impressed of what I am capable of. This was a need that was to be met because the hospital was so short.

In the end I was bullied for my degree status and background. I worked mostly in Medical Surgical Telemetry. Although I did have some ICU experience. The nurses who did get the assignment had extensive ICU and ER experience. I am not sure if they did not like the fact that I could keep up with them. My feeling was I got their the same way they did by passing tests and evaluations.

Anyway, one of the nurses worked for Access and when I reported him they did nothing. When I didn't want to continue the assignment due to the hostile work environment the Head Recruiter, told me he was calling the police on me. Then, his boss didn't even acknowledge the fact that I had been reporting this issue for a month.

All in all the bully ended up being hired by the hospital while I was outcasted. Since then I have worked in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, and ICU settings in many Top Magnet Hospitals in the country. Mostly as a float. I love it but, it hurts not to be in the Cath Lab anymore. Finally, I am on my way to obtaining my MSN.
Pros
pay, stipend, training, new experiences, top hospital, magnet
Cons
bully, harassment, no policy, not on nurses side.
Able to adapt quickly and efficiently to my working enviroment.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Provide routine individualized health care as changingnbandages and dressing wounds, and appying topical medications to the elderly, convalescent, or persons with disabilities at the patients home or in a care facility. Moniyor or report changes in health status. May also personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient. Also do costumer services representative.
Working at Access Nursing
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoyed my job at Access Nursing, the reason I left is because I was only part time and my position would never be full time.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
I could only get part time
Variety
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 3, 2014
You can do home care, sitter, or on to one. Good variety, and you choose when you want to work.
Pros
Choosing when you want to work.
Cons
No benefits
Productive fun workpace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed the commute to interesting places, traveling was by farmost easy because the cases were within distance. patients were recieved by me with professional smile, they recieved me into their homes and lives with a security and comfort which i had embrassed this to me was the most important aspect of my trade,because i learned how to value and respect my job. being on the job i had great confidences in my patients care and they in me. On call was the greatest no waiting. emergency was responded
Pros
Inservice gatherings
Cons
not enough lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Nursing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2