ACCESSORIZE

ACCESSORIZE Employer Reviews

customers
sales associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Customer service is very important, greeting customers and helping them with any questions they had was key.
Great f job with my first customer service experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Prague,Czech RepublicFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: non
Working as a shop assistant my main responsibility was to provide quality service to the customers. Other tasks included liaising with other team members in order to ensure that the shop is clean and tidy. I was also responsible for stocking all the shelves and making sure that all the products were in the right place.
Used to be my dream job only to become my nightmare
Store Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 30, 2012
Pros: freedom to be creative (past)
Cons: no work/life balance 24 hr job
When originally owned by Monsoon Accesorize it was very exciting and inspiring, although very unorganized and lacked structure. Once bought out by franchise RGA there was mass confusion and a lack of concern for current employees. The main focus seemed to be opening more stores and letting the original stores fall apart. The ironic part of it all was – more... that the new stores never made goals while the older stores were the ones keeping the company afloat. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Liverpool Street Station, ENGApril 9, 2014
Pros: pension, local food places, easy travel
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be me always putting up stock as this was the sale period and we had to make sure we got rid of most of the old season stock before bringing in new stock, I have learnt how to tag clothing and to work on the tills, I have also been taught how to talk to people as i was very shy when i first started but as they kept on pushing – more... me and motivating me it made my confidence better. The hardest bit about the job was just the cleaning up and making sure everything looks perfect and everything was in season order. I would say the most enjoyable bit was meeting my team members and meeting new customers being able to interact with them. I really liked my co-workers they were nice, motivating, funny and very easy people to get along with. – less
supervisor
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTApril 7, 2014
I have spent the last 19 months working as a floor manager in Accessorize. My work involves maintaining and developing a high standard of presentation across the brand, providing direction and guidance to the whole team, developing junior members of the team through one-to-one and group training, and ensuring our team deliver outstanding customer service – more... and provide a personal shopping experience to our customers. Another key aspect of my current role is to help achieve excellent Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the store. This is done by reviewing daily and weekly targets, and providing feedback to the staff as well as incentives to help encourage team members to work more efficiently and push that little bit extra.

I have always thrived in an atmosphere that offers challenges which is why I have been successful in my current role where our team's performance has consistently been outstanding, with a proven record of excellent KPIs to support our achievements. This demonstrates great teamwork and determination to achieve the store's objectives as well as my ability to work as part of a team; however, I can also work equally as well on my own initiative. My people skills allow me to interact with the staff in a professional manner while maintaining a balance with a personal attitude to keep the motivation flowing among team members. Working well under pressure is key in any leading/managerial role and I find this gives me motivation to perform better and achieve goals and targets.

The current store where I work does not have a branch manager, thus I took the initiative to play a leading role in supporting the assistant manager for the past 8 months. This has given me the opportunity to step up and learn the vital skills required for an assistant store manager and provided me with a great deal of experience and confidence. I now enjoy self-managing the store in the absence of the assistant manager.

As you will have noted I have developed a wide range of transferable skills as well as a proven record of achievements in the retail industry that meet the expectations for the position you have to offer. I would relish the opportunity to bring this level of success to your company where I hope to learn more and further progress my career – less
Great Work Environment
Summer and Christmas Sales (Former Employee), WorcesterNovember 27, 2013
Pros: good salary for a part time, great co-workers.
Cons: not many hours was given as i was only a temp.
On a typical day at work I would go up to the stock room and I would re-arrange it in order to make space for the sale items that needed to be marked down, in order to go to the shop floor in time for the sale. When busy I would be asked to go down the shop floor and help serve customers. All the co-workers were very nice, and they were always there – more... to help me with anything and at the same time to teach me.
From this experience, I think I learned more about helping customers, and provide a good customer service every time, as we needed to be very interactive and attentive towards the customers in the shop.
The hardest part of the job would probably be during the first day of sale when the shop floor gets flooded with customers, and sometimes is difficult to attend to every one, but at the same time, dealing with customers and help them find what they want was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. – less
Fun workplace with a lot of learning involved
fashion consultant (Former Employee), puneNovember 21, 2013
My first job at accessorize taught me a lot. Including customer behaviour and gave me a sense of resposibility.
STAFF & MEANGMENT ITS NOT GOOD
Sales Man (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDNovember 6, 2013
Cons: 12 hours
SALARY IS NOT ENOUGH TO ME THATS Y I M NOT LIKE A JOB IN ACCESSORIZE MONSOON
fun workplace with lots of friends
Store In-charge (Former Employee), Kingdom of BahrainSeptember 26, 2013
everyday is a busy day woking at Accessorize, aside from doing my regular customer service work, i do the merchandizing of the whole shop including the windows.. the company are providing us proper training and lots of room for improvement.. the most enjoyable part of the job are the people around me become my instant friends.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), EdinburghJuly 25, 2013
Good experience with figures, customers and daily duties. Enjoyed working here
fun work place fun people
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), terminal 2 heathrow airportJuly 16, 2013
was a really good job busy environment loved my job people were always changeing also worked my way up to floor manager with extra responsibilities
productive and fun worklace
Shop manager (Former Employee), SpainJuly 8, 2013
I like to work with the client and to give him a good service and that everything was perfect
intern
Design Assistant (intern) (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 18, 2013
Pros: travel paid
While working at Accessorize for a month i had a great time, everyone was very friendly and helped me to develop as a designer.
physically drained 6 days a week 8 to 9
Security Officer (Former Employee), Central LondonMay 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: long hours
A typical day would be long and stressful with no good communication with the security and the shop staff members.

Communication is what i learned on that job site.

alright management team but was easier to get information from co-workers and the hardest part of the job was catching any thief's.
communicating with the public was what i enjoyed the – more... most. – less
great job great people
Sales assaist (Current Employee), Gatwick AirportApril 18, 2013
Pros: good staff discount
Cons: unable to take over 100ml liquids through sercurity.
My typical day at work is serving customers, filling up stock, displaying new stock, working as part as a team.

I am now till trained, Understand weekly losses of the company, cashing up and opening store.

The people I work with are helpful and friendly.

Early starts eg - 3:30am

Talking with members of the public.
Good workplace and Friendly atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), IGI Airport DelhiMarch 1, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: apply for airport pass in every three days
Good workplace and Friendly atmosphere
Good stock
Apprications
Very Productive
Retail assistant (Former Employee), birminghamFebruary 21, 2013
It was very interesting to work for accessorize in birmingham, as it was always very busy, so there was always something to do. i had no problems with it whatsoever.
challenging position
store supervisor (Former Employee), al wahda mall abu dhabiJanuary 31, 2013
working in outfit llc was great experience. the main idea in this business is knowing your product to be able to deliver 100% customer service to your customer. once we deliver exra miles cumtomer service then me and team get incentive in return.
i started as sales associate and thru the effort i shown to my supervisor i gone thru serries of enterviews – more... and evalution.
i got the position i desire in short period of time.
seminars and training help me to achived the knowledge and confidence. – less
Lots of experience gained while working there in customer service
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Waterfront Cape TownNovember 20, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: shift hours
Customer Service and till operating very busy store and always had to reach target.
Family
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Leicester, HighcrossOctober 11, 2012
Pros: support of management and co workers, discount for products
Cons: no job progression due to economy
We all work together like a family and encourage each other to drive sales and provide excellent customer service. I got full support from the management team and got the training a needed to provide the supervisor role I had for certain days of the week. I learnt cashing up, opening and closing, end of day paper work, managing stock levels, replen – more... of stock and meeting sales targets. I cannot say there was ever a time I felt that there was a hard or difficult part of my job, I love it and it is very unfortunate that my job has been made redundant. – less