ACCESSORIZE Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
fun work environment
Greet and assist all incoming customers (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2016
Great work environment
Floor set, Window Set
Great Management
Great team work
Running the Business
You enjoy meeting new customers
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
You received 30 miuntes break no heatlh benefits
Great for starting out in the Retail world
Part-Time Assistant Manager/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 3, 2016
If you are a fast learner and can adjust easily, than this is a great place to work. Things are always being changed left and right so you are always on your toes and tasks will always be thrown at you. One thing that I know could use some work is the human resource department. For having over 40 stores in the U.S. there needs to be more than one person running this department. Things had gotten a little hectic for a couple months and things within the business were a mess. Other than that it was a great place to work and value my time, experience, and education that I had gotten from there.
Family environment filled with fun personalties
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
My manager and co-workers treated me like family and made working in a team environment a lot more enjoyable. In spite of working late nights or early mornings good management and discount made the job very rewarding.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor payment
Unprofessional management in a store that is going down hill.
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2015
I worked here for a little over a year, and have watched the business go down with my own eyes.The management is overworked and thus stressed. They tend to let out their frustration with their employees. The products tend to be cheaply made but are over priced. The manager has little to no people skills and can be down right rude to customers that she feels did not come into the store to spend money. The only way I lasted so long is because my employees were awesome and it made working there less of a hassle.
not a great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 14, 2015
this company work their employee to death and does not have work life balance its always about being in the store and working even on your days off they dont want to listen to any thing the staff has to say and they are alway's yelling at the staff like they are children
Team Accessorize!!!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VirginiaNovember 19, 2014
A typical work day at work for me is arriving at work on time making sure all the merchandise in the retail store is well organized, and restocked in the correct areas so that I can make sure customers are comfortable to browse and shop. Working in retail I have learned better details on how to make a customer feel comfortable in there skin, having the confidence to wear which ever they desire to purchase. I have developed better sale skills, patients, creative ideas on fashion, meeting goals as a team, and helping others and communication skills. An Accessorize management team is very professional, organized with great structure on coming up with ideas improving the company on how to make customers feel comfortable, creative ideas on different fashion ideas to bring more customers inside the store with the team accomplishing the goal of the day. My co-workers made me feel comfortable, they are very creative, helpful and believe in getting the job done as a team. The hardest part of the job for me was coming in for work, my goal giving to me and me not accomplishing the sales goal for the store. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was waking up everyday arriving at work seeing the new merchandise for the updated season and putting a smile on customers face!!!
Love it here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 9, 2014
Loved working here. Co workers were amazing and the company was very very supportive over daily goals and meeting the customers needs.
Review
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 26, 2014
Working in Accessorize has a small intamatesetting with a small team that allows customers to get the best customer service.
Cons
high turnover
nice place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMarch 28, 2014
nice place to work... it's always fun to work in a place you like.
customers
sales associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Customer service is very important, greeting customers and helping them with any questions they had was key.
Used to be my dream job only to become my nightmare
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2012
When originally owned by Monsoon Accesorize it was very exciting and inspiring, although very unorganized and lacked structure. Once bought out by franchise RGA there was mass confusion and a lack of concern for current employees. The main focus seemed to be opening more stores and letting the original stores fall apart. The ironic part of it all was that the new stores never made goals while the older stores were the ones keeping the company afloat.
Pros
freedom to be creative (past)
Cons
no work/life balance 24 hr job