ACCO Brands Employee Reviews in United States

Great workday
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJune 16, 2016
Great place to work at. Helpful work environment. Flexible working hours. Supportive staff and co workers. I worked with this company over a good deal of time and enjoyed helping customers.
Productive work place
Order Processing & Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 24, 2016
I processed orders for the shipping department and customer service. I learned how to generate order entry and make sure that the orders are accurate. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was making sure that shipping didn't leave any of products out of the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people all the world.
Very intersting role of setting up items in the data base.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 26, 2016
Worked Data Analyst position; key point of contact.

Interfaced with buyers, pricing, managers. Fast paced environment.

Manager provided a lot of training.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Company going through changes
Interesting job with good group of people
Product Engineer, NPD WST-Swingline Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 15, 2016
Independence in projects and communication. Allowed creativity in product design. International opportunities. Competition analyses and presentations.
Pros
Challanging atmosphere
Cons
not enough projects
Temporary Job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Entered mail orders and payment information in system for order processing. Job became very boring entering 200 to 300 orders daily. The hardest part of this job was the constant chatter between some of the younger co-workers. As I live a very different lifestyle than they. I mostly enjoyed being connected with former co-workers and was able to meet up with them during lunch or breaks.
It was a great job for my summer months
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I was kept busy so the day went quickly. The people were friendly and helpful. I learned how to work independently and with a crew.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Short lunches
Acco Brands was a fun place to work with advancement opportunities
Senior Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Acco Brands. I had many responsibilities and challenges. I enjoyed working with the group as a team. The best part of my job was the advancements in the company that allowed me to learn almost all aspects of the company, ex: Leadership, team work, production, safety, inventory control and scheduling production, shipping and receiving and purchasing assistant.
Data Entry Clerk/Mail Room (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was opening mail and data entry. I learned how to open and batch a lot of incoming mail. I learned how to enter orders and process returns/exchanges. Management's great. My co-worker's were great. The hardest part was trying to deal with the slowness of the system. The most enjoyable part was we could have fun and work at the same time.
Collaborative work environment with friendly employee's
Marketing Intern (Mead) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2015
Great company for starting out in the business world. Great supervisors but advancement is slow. If you work in the right department you will enjoy your work load and have fun while completing it.
Reasonable experience for a Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 16, 2015
The company is a good place for a job. The office has a positive and productive culture and the people at the execution level are by and large nice and good natured. The challenge is that professional growth is very limited unless you are in a specific department and that only happens during reorganizations.
Pros
nice people, fun products
Cons
poor advancement opportunities, no emphasis on professional growth
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 24, 2015
Friendly environment and co-workers always willing to help when needed. Management is always there to assist when needed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Under staffed
great job with security
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYSeptember 13, 2015
mostly worked an assembly line at the ACCO brands manufacturing plant & also spent some time running a pallet jack picking/packing orders at the ACCO brands distribution plant.
nothing was fun
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSAugust 17, 2015
this department was not a good fit for me .. Management couldnt give you a set time of work and you never knew if it was going too be a 4 hr day or a 12 hr day ...
Good place to start. Little transparency and accountability
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 31, 2015
Will tell you that they will hire you on full-time after 90 days if going through a recruiting agency. Minimum time that it takes to get hired on is 7-8 months. Will keep telling you that they want to see 30 more days of improved activity before they make the committment. This can go on for over a year. Some people went almost 18 months with no health insurance, benefits, or commission payout. They bank your commission until they hire you on full-time, so you will be working hourly without commission until you're full time. Truthfully, it seems like they are waiting for you to quit after 8 months so they don't have to pay out. They will never admit this, but they don't want to pay out commissions. Transparency is a big problem here. Nothing happens quickly and you don't get credit for a sale until it ships out of the warehouse. Many times they will ship orders out in small increments over several months, so will have a tougher time hitting quota. Good people. Good place to start and build a resume, but definitely a revolving door. I would suggest anyone interested to do 6 months to a year and get out. Preferably after you get your banked commissions.
Pros
Good People. Great place to get your feet wet and build up your resume
Cons
Transparency. Deceptive recruitment practices. Quota manipulation. Little room for advancement
Nontraditional Corporate Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 27, 2015
Calling on accounts that have been in business with us for a while.You have your own territory, for exapmle you call on x number of states and have a quota to meet. You are as an account manager required to make about 40 outbound dials, and have a talk time of 90mins or higher. The environment is fun, they always have sales incentive games and themes to the floor, cool ways to win prizes, the have lunch for us every now and then.
Pros
Prizes and games throughout the day
Cons
Micro managing throughout the day
great enviroment
DC Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJune 11, 2015
I worked with a very diverse group of people. I loved how everyone worked as a team and followed the rules. I liked how there was no "favorites".
benefits
Cons
off early 1day, then making you stay 4 hours later the next, when that could've been done prior
great company to work for.
packing boxes of school binders. (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYMay 31, 2015
I was very happy working wiuth Acco Brands until I was laid-off. The management and other employee's were easy to work along side. Would recommend this company to others.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lay off too easy.
unpredictable
DC ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 24, 2015
My typical workday is that of a receiving associate-to unload trucks and containers by hand or with the use of a forklift, sign for and count in received inventory. I am usually asked to perform duties for other departments as well such operating a narrow-isle reach truck or walkie-rider, general housekeeping of areas of the warehouse, pulling orders for shipment or inventory control tasks via laptop or handheld computer. I have increased my knowledge of Excel and Word. I have gained over a year of experience on industrial equipment. Management does not seem to be running efficiently or with much concern for employees. The hardest part of my job is the unpredictability of the schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
unpredictable schedule, low pay
Acco was ok
Distribution/ Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 10, 2015
It was a good job. Pretty good hours and pay for the area. Good job for someone who likes physical work. A lot of paid holidays and vacation time without waiting a year like most places.
Resourceful engineering manager
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 26, 2015
A great place to work! Great atmosphere, talented people, sell and market fantastic library of products! I loved the 20 years+ I spent with ACCO Brands!
Pros
Great products, leadership, and talent!

2.9