ACCO Brands Employee Reviews

productive, well balanced place
Corporate work study student worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 11, 2017
Laura chapek and the scientist harry are great employees. They both showed me the corporate world through their perspective. I learned a lot. I tested the office products with a fisher lead testing gun that cost half a million dollars.
Productive workplace
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYApril 28, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and understanding.I have learned many things to help me in life. Very relaxed environment with great management. Would recommend.
Fun place to work, little opportunity for advancement. Little to no diversity or ethnic people in management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 12, 2017
Awesome co workers, the software is prehistoric and management is clueless. Operating guidelines are nonexistent. In order to advance all you have to do is kiss butt.
Pros
Great pay
work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYMarch 22, 2017
I love working here with the people at the Sidney office but the other departments working for are very difficult and make it hard to work with. The time off that you may need or anything else is very frustrating.
Great place to gain a lot of valuable experience but is a skeleton workforce
Associate Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMarch 10, 2017
Too many restructuring and changes. I've had more managers than the numbers of years I've been with the company. I have not had a same manager who reviewed me at the end of the year be the same manager that I started with at the beginning of the year. The company did not have a good career path, there's lack of leadership and support to the marketers. Many teams lacked the manpower to complete all the task at hands.

Place more resources for your team, have more streamlined processes, have more leadership and place more value and appreciation for the employees and workforce.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible hours, talented work force.
Cons
Restructuring happens almost yearly, many teams are skeleton crew.
No fun
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Workers are not individually recognized for the great work they do or don't do.
Communication needs to be worked on.
Not allowed to have safe funny like in the old days
They know who the trouble makers are yet they still allow them to work there and not get discipline.
Pros
money is great
It's all about who you work for
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 25, 2017
Like the company. Like the markets. Like the people I work with. Everyone is very busy all the time. Tough to secure resources at times, but that's typical. Not much structure for job advancement or promotion. All moves I have witnessed are lateral or exits.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Loose structure
Acco could use some work
builder / packer (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSFebruary 10, 2017
Acco Brands is a ok place to work. that place could use some work. what I mean is they play favorites up there and its not right. the way I look at it if everyone is doing their job and getting along great then there's nothing wrong. but they want to start drama and that does not need to happen in the work place. you should be able to go to work and do your job talk to friends on break and lunch and have a great day. that doesn't happen, and I really don't understand why it don't.
Cons
7 min breaks.
Well rounded
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, PAJanuary 20, 2017
This place has been apart of the area for over 40 years. Just very well taken care of and truly cares about employee health and value. They listen and respond fast.
nice place to work friendly enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 16, 2017
acco is a great place to work if you dont mind being laid off half the year, work was great tho, lots of friendly people was a pleasure working there just looking for something more stable.
Great atmosphere and environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 14, 2017
ACCO Brands call center was a great place to work for. Everyone was always willing to help you. I just wish it was a full time job not a temp position.
Somewhat productive.
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJanuary 12, 2017
ACCO is an alright place to work. They could use a new supervisor though. They let a lot of their temps leave before they even give them the chance to get hired in. They've missed a lot of hard workers! They let the "line leads" ruin some positions that a temp could obtain by telling lies on them and the supervisors don't even bother to talk to you about it before they assume you're not doing your job and knock you down from where you have worked hard to get.
working with good people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 5, 2017
i love working at acco and have been there off and on for about five years its a friendly place to work and the people are nice they treat you as a team member
Okay
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 26, 2016
Its a okay place to work. Nice environment. Nice cool management very understanding. The areas could be a little more spaced out to work in but overall pretty great place.
One of my favorite jobs!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, PAOctober 21, 2016
Honestly, I loved working here! Great co-workers, nice work environment, and the hours & pay were perfect for me. Never had an issue with management or supervisors.
overtime, overtime no fun
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSOctober 20, 2016
I have work for low pay and raises, they want you to give 110% but you get nothing in return, try to advance forget it with the buddy system in place.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
expensive health plans
nice environmental place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSOctober 6, 2016
It was a very fun place to work . all the bosses were very easy to work for. Worked with some very nice people. O ly thing is you never knew when you might get laid off.
Great place to work!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYSeptember 25, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. Great pay, and management is very fair and works with you. Wish that they would adopt a better work life balance schedule for employees such as flex time or work from home option.
productice and easy job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at this job was tiring . There were numerous amounts of binders coming in and going out . The dock loads of binders seem like they never stopped coming . All the peeling of the labels and removal of papers front the binders made my fingers and hands tired but overall it was a easy job . The co-workers were amazing and very friendly . The hardest part of the job was standing in one spot on your feet for hours. The most enjoyable part of the was knowing that I was getting paid $10.45 for almost doing nothing .
Pros
easy factory job
Cons
short breaks, temp
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 16, 2016
I learned a lot about team work working here. We got the job done no matter what. We had great team leaders that always made sure that we stayed on track with getting orders out on time
Pros
good hours/schedule
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCO Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9