Acco Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Air Conditioning Contractor
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2017
This was my first job ouf of college. It was a real disappointment to go from getting a college degree to doing an extremely monotonous and low pay job.
Pros
Cons
Lack of human contact
If your a Maintenance tech, run the other way!
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSJuly 9, 2017
I cannot speak for other areas, but Booneville, Ms is this way. You will be put on night shift usually by yourself with little to NO training. When you make a mistake you will be written up, sometimes it will be your "final write-up". The benefits are decent, but don't be fooled by the "top out" pay they tell promise you. You NEVER will get near top out. There are guys that have been there over 10 years and are making the same as the ones who have been there 3-5 years. There is no incentive to excel here. Once a year there is a plant-wide raise (1-2%) no matter if you deserve it or not. There is no opportunity for advancement either.
H.R. is a complete joke, deciding how well a tech is doing his job just by paperwork and when to fire him. They also say they love to hear your opinions, but will tell you in the same breath "nothing is going to change". They then hand out suckers and ice cream thinking it makes everything ok. Certain management are no different, NOT faithful, bi-polar, always siding with HR and wont stand up for their techs. When you voice a grievance you are labeled a troublemaker and told " If you don't like it you can go to the house". You will be inundated with lots of daily paperwork to justify your position.
If you interview, be sure to ask about how raises are done and "topout pay".
Pros
Its a good place to get some experiance to find you a better job, The frustrations you will have working here outway any pros that there may be.
Cons
Depending on your position determins how well you are treated, maintenance being the lowest, Lots more, but no room to list.
Good work envionment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMarch 2, 2017
Good work environment. Management is very supportive. There is room to advance and grow. In beginning made me feel like part of a group, but things started to change as I was leaving
no loyalty to employees
Machine Operator/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 25, 2017
to big of a company with no loyalty to employees or your experience to do the job and all are created equal by unions not performance.
Pros
stability
Cons
work performance not based on actions
hard work, great pay
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 8, 2016
No for anyone looking to move slow, the pay is great the management is good, sometimes pressure on jobs, but that comes with the territory. I liked working here and learned more than I could've imagined and gained tons of mechanical experience.
A great job to work for just trying to make more money
Asembler (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 18, 2015
I loved my job and love going to work just trying to make more money .The job was'nt hard it was kibnda easy but you had to be fast and be willing to learn all you can.
fun, energetic, friendly
Packaging/Stocking/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYSeptember 10, 2015
I loved working for acco brands. it was fun energetic. it gave me good vibes. i would go back there if there were any openings.
Pros
great staff
Cons
n/a
great company to work for
Pre-Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2015
one of the few union companies that actually had people willing to help you learn the trade without trying to stab you in the back. would have been able to move to a more formal apprentice spot if the had a full manufacturing shop in my area. they were willing to promote me, the union wasn't
Pros
has a great team effort. really asks for your opnion
Cons
union shop
Hard Work with little time off
Lead man / Foreman (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 14, 2015
Acco paid great but worked you for every penny. There were many 7 days work weeks with 15 to 16 hr days of hard labor. Most of the upper management team was hired from overseas and had a language and cultural barrier. Acco was however on its way to becoming a great company but unfortunately could not work out all of the bugs within the production process.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hot working hrs, machinery that constantly broke down
Owns many office product type brands.
Licensed Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMarch 2, 2015
Worked cross-site in decorative calendars.
Being independent and reporting virtually was good part of the job, wished for more one-on-one opportunities.

Corporation has many 'branding irons in the fire'. Focus of business strategies changes around.
Great Place to work.
Shipping/Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Booneville, msJune 2, 2014
No days there were typical. You never know if you were working 8 or 12 hours. Works was easy, Supervisor was good. Most of the time you would get overtime everyweek, good pay.
Easy going work place
Beils (Former Employee) –  sidney ny 13838April 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at ACCO.The environment was very friendly and easy to work in as well as working with the other employees.
Acco was a company sold to Durr Ind
Journeyman Millwright/ Millwright Rigger Foreman (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Acco was a company sold to Durr Ind. The work involved conveyor installation. I learned a lot from my co- workers.
Good company
General Laborer, Warehouse, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 21, 2014
I worked for this company through multiple management changes and I learned a lot from the people that I worked with
Material Handler
Stand Up Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Company closed but was a nice place to work

It was hard when the company closed with little notice
Fred Silber Company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 22, 2013
Everyday was different at Fred Silber Company. I learned many things, I learned that I can handle multitasking, high stress work environment with the ability to still get the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to overcome anything in order to make the company, employees and officers work and run more efficiently.
Pros
Was able to excel in multiple areas
Cons
Sometimes work was 70 hours per week, but well worth it.
Acco
Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSDecember 8, 2012
Plan production and manage material shortages. Forecast is irratic and priorities change daily. Management gives no direction. There is no opportunitiies for advancement. I was told there were many opportunities before I was hired. Since I have been there there has not been a single propotion. I was also told the they had great insurance package. There insurance has a $3000 deductable before it will pay anything. Then it only pays 80%.
ACCO Brands R&D Review
Mechanical Engineer/Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 5, 2012
The corporation as a whole has been under continual restructuring and never seems to find its direction. It seems that it hasn't yet decided how it will sustain itself in the future save from acquisitions of more healthy companies. For me personally the career at ACCO has allowed for substantial personal growth by assuming roles that elsewhere in the industry would first demand decades of prior experience. Now the bad, after years of perfect reviews and being told that I am the top performer a promotion hasn't come my way for years. ACCO may talk about talent management but it doesn't actually put it into practice. There is no work life balance; multiple late night conference calls each week and long overseas trips results in strained family relationships and still no promotions or bonuses to justify it.
Pros
challenging projects available so as to gain experience.
Cons
no work life balance, no advancement opportunities