Accolade Inc Employee Reviews

Ping pong tables for the elite
HEALTH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2017
Call center all the way. Certainly not worth the hype. Definitely in saving money mode at any costs which become not moral or humane. Don't care about the client or the employees. All about money and looking the "silicon valley" way.
Pros
Coffee that is free for now.
Cons
Too many chiefs, Why they have to fire the underlings
Great place to work as long as your healthy
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 21, 2017
Worked for Accolade for almost five years. When I returned from being out on short term disability with Accolade my position was terminated when I returned to work.
Amazing company
Talent Acquisition Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 20, 2017
I do not have a bad thing to say about this company that helped me grow and prosper not only as an employee but most importantly as a human being too.
Pros
Growth in your career, amazing coworkers and executives have the companys best interests at heart
Cons
None I can truly state right now.
Fun workplace with many activities during the year and with Ping Pong Table
SQL/Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Easy Environment to work In. People are very Cooperative. Flexible work schedule.Work from Home option. Great place to work.
Fast Paced
Operational Supervisor - Claims and Benefits (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Currently working within claims and benefits there isn't much down time. I provide support to all departments and interact with all level of associates. I have been able to develop a strong rapport with my vendors, which is a crucial part of my job. Since I working from home, I have to find ways to stay connect to the team.
Co-workers and benefits are great and a fun place to work
Manager, Data Operations (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 12, 2016
The company is growing through a lot of changes, especially since the new management came on board, a little over a year ago.

The work environment is great with a great group of talented people working together.

There is not much of training provided and can do a lot more for professional growth within the company.
Pros
coworkers are great, family environment, good benefits
Cons
Lot of changes, no transparency, jobs being moved to offshore and west coast
Accolade is moving towards a mobile-geared customer interaction and away from 'old-school' phone support.
Senior Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 18, 2016
My department was transitioned to overseas... thereby enabling the upper management to terminate our employment.

The people making up the company were wonderful to work with - everyone getting on the same "agile methodology" together.
Dynamic work place but drastic changes
Dynamic Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 7, 2016
Accolade was innovative place, helping people with Health Insurance and working for better outcomes. Great if very young staffing and an unusual work culture.

However they're making changes that are creating a more stereotypical call center atmosphere and emphasis. The people center aspect has been replaced by focus on costs and money. The integrity and the "We help each other and help our clients" is no longer active and it has become more mundane and typical.
Pros
young work force, Bautiful work space
Cons
More interested in money that assisting people. Transparency is dimminished.
Great Place To Work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 18, 2016
Great Company & Team
We all worked well together, and kept the property at 98% occupancy most of the time. We just completed a full rehab both interior and exterior. Great location!
quiet atmosphere
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 2, 2016
Made sure all mail correspondence went out to clients and customers. Handled and assisted all Health Assistants with customers and clients. Verified all incoming correspondence from customers and clients. Inputted all proper PHI for clients and customers into system for Health Assistants.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
the company had been acquired several times and the culture was changing and not in a good way.
Claims and Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2016
The work was great, challenging for setting up new lines of business, auditing and testing benefit changes. It was a lot of fun and i really enjoyed it.
very little room for advancement
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 28, 2015
Day to day tasks are manageable, can sometimes become overwhelming. Supervisors are given a little too much say. If you are place with a supervisor that is not a good fit, you will stagnate or be let go. Coworkers are the best part, very kind people at Accolade! The hardest part of the job is the constant "feedback" that can often feel like criticism. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help clients everyday & have a meaningful impact on their care.
Pros
good culture, many smaller morale building events driven by the "spirit team."
Cons
no scheduled lunch. Little guidance, lots of criticism. Little room for advanement
New Ideas about work place enviroment
Client Service Division- Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 29, 2015
Very friendly and rewarding place to work. Ideals include taking care of the client and each other. Management is always planning something specialist for client support teams to keep them motivated and excited about the job.
Pros
work culture
Cons
pay increase and advancement opportunities
Exceptional amount of tasks for one desk
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 17, 2015
Very long hours, endless tasks, little to no relevant training or support.
immediate co workers were very hard working people and seemed to love their jobs. they were considered "IN", or "Accepted" so it ok for them. It would be great to see a more reasonable work load with relevant training for the job which one will be doing each day.
Outside employees were fantastic. Friendly and very hard working.
trying to please my boss,
Going home.
Pros
met a lot of hard working and caring nurses who love helping people
Cons
overwhelming amount of work, not much work/life balance
Develop on-going and value-driven relationships
Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AzAugust 23, 2015
Participate in direct and indirect communications and marketing driven activities to develop, support and build long standing professional relationships.
Work independently, yet communicate efficiently with a strong team to diffuse dynamically changing environments and empower corporate positioning.
Pros
Excellent environment and positive atmosphere
Cons
Lack of growth potential
Productive and fun workplace
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 28, 2015
Daily, I was responsible to assist a huge client base in their medical and behavioral health benefits. I had to think outside of the box to fully support each client that called in. I learned what went on behind the scences between providers and health insurance companies allowing me to help clients utilize their benefits. I built a strong set of communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships. The management and co-workers always supported each other and took care of our personal needs. The hardest part of my job was initally learning all of the benefits, once that was down, I was able to build relationships with thousands of people over the phone daily.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not consistent
Great place to work, with on site gym.
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 7, 2015
Well once you say Hello back to everyone who spoke to you this morning you get yourself settled at your desk, log in and wait for someone to call into your hub. You try to help all the callers of the day while maintaining your call backs and messages and other work on your agenda. Management is on hand, the fellow employees are friendly, and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to help everyone 100%. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Gym, salary, benifits.
Cons
The hiring process, becoming client ready.
Great place to work, outstanding supervision
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 26, 2015
This is one of the best, if not the best, company that I have ever worked for. The company culture is first class and they will do everything in their power to help you to succeed. They are also big on education and are helping several co-workers pursue additional graduate-level education. I wish that the vacation and sick time benefits were better, however, if you need time off, you generally will not have any issues with getting the time. The pay is outstanding. My only issue, and this is a personal one, is that its a call-center. While its not like your typical call center in that NOTHING is scripted beyond the HIPAA disclaimer that we have to give, its still a call center with lots of cubicles. If its not your thing, don't apply. Furthermore, if you are applying in the hopes that you will be doing health coaching / health education, don't apply. The nurses on staff do that; as a health assistant, your primary focus will be centered on helping clients work through various insurance claims issues, finding medical providers, ordering insurance ID cards, etc. If these things are within your skill set and you don't mind working in a call center environment, Accolade is a company that you can really thrive and grow in.
Pros
Very reasonable salaries, non-scripted, flexible schedules
Cons
Long commute times, glitchy technology
Both are excellent employers in their fields
Claims & Benefits Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 20, 2015
Both are excellent employers in their fields. They are passionate about patient care and work hard to meet the needs of their customers. I enjoyed my time with both these employers.
Innovative but limited in opportunity
lead (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 6, 2014
This firm is doing well because of the product they sell however there is limited growth and uniformity when operating outside of well known and successfully established protocols in business.

That being said it is a great way for anyone interested in a role in the medical world could start. They provide real word experience and education of the ever changing dynamics of the medical industry.
Pros
limitless coffee and water, unique culture, great place to learn behind the scenes about medical practices
Cons
learning as they go, and are not always prepared for contingencies, favoritism runs rampid, kind of clickish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accolade Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7