AccorHotels Employee Reviews

Innovative Company
Executive Director, International Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
Very Innovative and loves to think outside the box...I was very impressed with the Life Family Balance. I was very happy working for them.
I will make it better my department
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Any timeAugust 21, 2016
I'm in Dubai 12 years experience in 5 Star hOtel stEwarding Supervisor can do anything challenges my department making better my department
fun workplace
Assistant Director of Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
Coordinated and managed Front Office operations with overall responsibility for the Reception Desk, Concierge, Front Services, and Telephone areas under the direction of Front Office Director.
Pros
family enviroment
Excellent Fun work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDApril 11, 2016
Company was great, had a lot of dealings with the owner which was great.
Fun environment to work in and the people was great in staff and customers.
Pros
Hours, people, lifestyle
Cons
Always working on holidays, 24/7 job
the different people from other countrys
waitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
it was good i did like it i love to work with the different people from all around the world being downtown was a blast too. i just enjoyed it a lot.
I enjoy working with great people at the best hotel in the city
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
The people at this company are a pleasure to work with and make it enjoyable to come to work. My co-workers, management team and owners were very social, knowledgeable and caring.It's a great environment, good people with a shared value system and one of the best platforms in the industry.
Pros
Discounts at the Accor Hotels around the world
Excellent professional Atmosphere
Payroll-Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 29, 2016
The Managers and Directors are very nice people who guide you and teach you new things useful in your career.

They really work as a team and they want their employees succeed.
Pros
Many opportunities there because is a large company
Cons
I did not find any cons
See below
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 3, 2015
A typical work day with Accor hotel could be stressful. There was a large turn over in management, and housekeeping. The property had a lot of potential if upper level district management could control the quality of the property. The hardest part of my job was doing 16 hour shifts when an employee did not come to work. The most enjoyable part of my work place was my benefits and compensation for hard work.
Good starting point for hotel management.
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2015
It's a very good school for hotel management. You can learn great deal about daily operations, employees and customer relations, inventory and have a hands-on experience in everything that is vital for hotels. A lot of red tape and politics.
Pros
Constant education. Keeps you busy all the time.
Cons
Managers required to live on property. Poor advancement possibilities.
I was General Manager of the Brunswick GA Motel 6
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 19, 2015
Accor Hotels purchased the Motel 6 brand (600) properties for around $2B. I had been marketing hotel franchises and liked the Motel 6 product as a business investment. I wanted to learn more about the product so I joined the team as a property manager.

They have a very intense training program where once completed you can operate any hotel any where. They sent me to Brunswick, GA. I operated the worse property in the system along the east coast. It was rated number 16 out of 16! After spending ample time with the staff we were able to turn the property into number 3 only next to the two Disney properties.

When I went to request going into franchising my area manager flatly reused to let me go after the corporate office had approved my promotion. My manager said he needed more managers like me and said I should give him another year of service before he would approve my promotion. I informed him that I came to work for the company, not just him. I resigned for the position mentioned above
Pros
good affordable product
Cons
some of the managers have personal agendas
Nice company,but not the best.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 16, 2015
Theres no training, they expect you to already know how to do everything. A lot of gossiping unfriendly coworkers. If you're looking to grow, try another company. They'll try selling you all sorts of stories but its all lies
Pros
lots of food, relaxed work environment
Cons
coworkers, no growth, no training
It was a rewarding experience meeting clients.
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 2, 2015
I love working with my clients. I enjoy meeting a wide diverse of people. Working with my clients of all race was a good experience that you can never forget. To help make their wedding very special is once in a life time.
Pros
Making my clients wedding reception very special.
Cons
Missing being with my family on the weekend.
Great Work Environment
IT Manager Sofitel Legend Old Cataract (Current Employee) –  Cairo, GAMay 31, 2015
very nice company to work with good benefits and stability I saw the need for a more development Plan for the IT ,With more than 7 year in this company I learned a lot of thing on carrier and personal level as well
Pros
benefits and stability .
Cons
need more development in IT department .
Overall Housekeeping Responsbilties
Hotel Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYAugust 25, 2014
A typical day on property would be to go in open house. At this property I really did not learn as much, more as I put what I have already learnt in my time to use. I enjoyed working with all my co workers. I was able to build a great relationship with everyone, not only in my department. One of my hardest thing to deal with is the opendly favoritism that was played daily. For me that is the worst.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
No breaks, Too much to do, Favortism
very cut throat, and super political environment
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
Working here can be very stressful because everyone is out for themselves. management is never clear on anything they are to busy stabbing each other in the back to focus on the needs of the building let alone the employees. your hours are never guaranteed. most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet celebrities.
Pros
free lunch, good benefits.
Cons
poor management in almost all of the departments. lower than average pay
Fast pace environmet
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
Fast pace environment with great front office customer service, however, back of the house (engineering) the quality was not always a priority. Cutting cost and higher numbers were always more important then getting work done right.
Pros
free lunches, international environment, great employee interaction
Cons
budget was primary concern, not employees
Job Roles & Responsibilities and Attainments at Accor Hotels - Andhra Pradesh Region
Assistant Manager - Sales (Current Employee) –  New DelhiJanuary 7, 2014
1.The focus stays on Business development activities including identifying opportunities, formulating RFP responses and finalizing contract scopes, and Portfolio Management which helped me in getting exposed to more business segments.
2.Building relationships among diverse groups of individuals, companies and consultants in order to spread brand awareness.
3. I have been successful in increasing productivity in terms of room nights and revenue from new accounts within few months of joining.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
less growth opportunities
fun drug free place
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2013
In the mornings we would sit and review our JSA and talk about our task for the day.After we would go and do our task for the day.Learned how to direct and be a leader.My co-workers were the best to work with.Never had an argument with them always a positive environment to work in.The hardest part or the job was carrying heavy loads,more than 100+.The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and working in a different working site.
Pros
work times
Cons
Heavy liftting and high places.
productive & efficient working environment
Assistant F & B Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2013
- daily meeting with staff to review, standards, service comments, communication of the day before, VIP arrivals and special amenities
- payroll / tips and gratuities
- attend to monthly Management meetings or corporate trainings
- P& L order and placed Purchase orders for equipment, uniforms or any other operational expense etc ..
- The hardest part of the job was the difference of age of all staff members, everyday was a challenge, but we created a respectful environment
- I loved working at the Sofitel Hotel , everyday was a new challenge and everyone become part of my family, everyone was very caring , nice and cared for their job.
Pros
french classes
Cons
no breaks at all
This company is the best I have ever worked
Butcher and food preparer (Former Employee) –  Novotel Miramar,La Habana,CubaJuly 12, 2013
I worked in a clean place . I learned many cuts and I learned how to work for an excellency services
The management were very organized and professionals.
My co workers were very friendly and helpful people.
I didn't find any hardest part in my last work because I like it very much,butcher is the work of my dreams.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to enjoy with any kind of preparation I do and finally know that my work is wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccorHotels. Our community is ready to answer.