Accounts Payable Employee Reviews in United States

This was avery fast paced environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Enjoyed working here, I learned a great deal about accounts payable.
My co workers were very hard workers.
The hardest part was everything was under time constraints.
The best part of the job was going to lunch with my co-workers and getting to know them
Pros
I could stay and finish or study things I was learning in regard to accounts payable
Cons
Great company to work for
processing invoice (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 14, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Excellent co-workers. The work environment was very comfortable. I went in not knowing a whole lot of accounting and left with a lot more experience. Learned a lot within the company.
A typical day at work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 24, 2015
I would start my day by invoicing for the prior days shipments as well as filing the PO's that had been received for matching to Invoices.
After the mail arrived I would match with PO's and enter for payment.

Assorted spreadsheets were required (especially for end of month) and I would be required to keep these up to date.

The busier it is, the better I like it. I function better under pressure and it keeps the mind sharp. It doesn't hurt that it makes the day go faster.
Pros
Close to home, short commute - coming from over an hour commute - this one was a big Pro
Cons
Cannot think of any
good place to work
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 20, 2016
Was able to use my skills in every aspect of my job. Benefits and pay need to be better. Promotions are easy to get and a semi family oreniated place to work.
It was a great learning experience
Bookkeeper / CSR (Former Employee) –  Sash Screen PrintingOctober 8, 2015
A wonderful company which I am glad to have been apart of.
The customers were always friendly and I am thankful to have
been apart of their lives.
Excellent Job
Payroll and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I worked in accounts payable and payroll for a Sheriff's office of 200+ employees. I love the people I worked with and the environment and I would still be there today, if I hadn't moved to Ga (this job was in Va).
Pros
great work environment
More uptight and rigid than Retail or SDE roles
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 6, 2014
AP/ FinOps is different than most roles at Amazon, and falls into the traditional spheres of Finance. You'll see less "out of the box" ideas, and more stringent "this is your job, and nothing outside of it" rulings.

That said, you are encouraged to rotate within Amazon, and going from Finance > Retail > Auditing > Project Management > Retail, or something, is not unheard of nor looked down upon.
Pros
team events, beer fridays
Cons
in-the-box thinking, less creativity, expected 50-60 hours to be promoted
Learning position which I graps within 2 months
Account payable (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CaFebruary 4, 2012
Family buisness that grew to three stores, selling forgien & domestic merchandise. Being in warehouse location where all the behind scene of operation, to make it muliti million dollar company. With given added responsibility as I got fimiliar with clients, customers, buyers and accounting needs, it has been a stepping stone in life.
Pros
i learned a new field, did muliti duties while holding my title.
Cons
every year request raise which i did recieve, yet no health benefits.
Small company / co-workers like extended family members
Bookkeeping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 29, 2012
Started with the company before I had any children and continued to work until the company consolidated with its Michigan office. Many of the workers were with the company for over 25 years and became like extended family members. We all worked well together and helped each other out when needed. Many happy memories!
Pros
company bought lunch every day for the office
Cons
office was hot in the summer, only 2 small window air-conditioners
Telecommuinications Corporate Jobs are rewarding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, New JerseyApril 23, 2013
Working internally within a Telcommunications Corporation is interesting to see the different aspects of how the company works. Many different cultural events and experiences. The ability to call outside the US and learn new cultures and work with coworkers on special jobs was rewarding and fun. Everyone worked together to meet the job requirements and if you needed assistance there was someone always willing to help you complete your task, if needed.
Pros
multi-cultural employment
interesting place to work
invoiced domestic sales (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORDecember 12, 2012
Pulling purchase orders, processing invoices, posting recieved inventory to purchase orders. I learned alot about how a home is built and what it takes to go into it. management was for the most part easy going until the company filed bankruptsy. Most of the co-workers where great hard working people and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
benefits - family company
Cons
job security and management changed with the bankruptsy
A great company with great banefits.
Administrative specialist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKMarch 2, 2015
A typical day was scanning documents into the system for payment.
I also printed and stuffed vendor checks to be mailed.
Pros
good people.
Cons
micromanaged everything.
Working for American Emassy in Africa is completely different from working in the United states.
Financial Processing Rep (Former Employee) –  Nutley, New JerseyApril 10, 2012
Working for American Embassy in Monrovia Liberia was the greatest job in African then as I got paid in US dollars. I had lots of experience in terms of working with computers; take corresponded courses (like Overseas Cashier & Voucher Examiner) to improve my ability and knowledge in Finance. I was able to multi tax and ready to be called upon for other duties when fellow work mates were absent.
I did Payroll and paid employees did cashiering; ready to issue funds to diplomats for their travel by reviewing their travel documents, review purchases orders to comply with the budget etc.
Pros
allowed to save money in the united states bank, and be able to travel to the states.
Very little training.
Clerk II Rite Aid Corporation - (717) (Former Employee) –  Etters, PaFebruary 16, 2015
I did not enjoy this job. Very little training and not much room for advancement. Unable to directly communicate with management and very little co-worker interaction.
Great place to work, good people, great pay
AP/Invetory Control (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 17, 2013
I gained most of my accounting knowledge here. The former CFO took me under her wing and basically showed me the ropes. I balanced GL accounts, paid vendors, balanced/received invoices into the computer system. I dabbled in a little bit of everything but excelled in Accounts Payable and Inventory Control.
Productive Work place
Accounta Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Learned to work better with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of the positions being moved around. Overall, just a good company.
Good Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
making sure that I don't have any open claims if so check to see if they already been posted. That everything you do at this job is very face paced. Management is good when you need something done or help someone is there. was that I had to leave so soon.
Good for first job
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview ILMarch 6, 2012
There are stability in the company as there are lots of long service employees.Lack of specific evaluations for employees, Low morale values
Pros
they pay on time, some great people
Cons
lack of good leaders, lack of advance career opportunities
productive company, very organized
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMarch 9, 2012
Good company to work for. They have health insurance, which is a big plus. A person can advance in career. The job is secure.
Pros
free chips. good secure company to work for.
Cons
too much gossip.
Sat in a tiny office all day by myself
Processing payroll, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 30, 2012
Worked on Accounts payables and receivable.
All employees stayed to themselves. My boss was hardly in the office.
Cons
not a lot of direction from management