Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable Employer Reviews

Productive Work place
Accounta Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Learned to work better with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of the positions being moved around. Overall, just a good company.
25 Years Total
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee), New JerseyAugust 14, 2014
Pros: it was avon.
Cons: the new pyramid system.
Being an ISR was great for the 25 years I sold AVON Products, Inc.
More uptight and rigid than Retail or SDE roles
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 6, 2014
Pros: team events, beer fridays
Cons: in-the-box thinking, less creativity, expected 50-60 hours to be promoted
AP/ FinOps is different than most roles at Amazon, and falls into the traditional spheres of Finance. You'll see less "out of the box" ideas, and more stringent "this is your job, and nothing outside of it" rulings.

That said, you are encouraged to rotate within Amazon, and going from Finance > Retail > Auditing > Project Management > Retail, or something, – more... is not unheard of nor looked down upon. – less
Good Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
making sure that I don't have any open claims if so check to see if they already been posted. That everything you do at this job is very face paced. Management is good when you need something done or help someone is there. was that I had to leave so soon.
Account Payables (Former Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: employee's
Cons: management
Busy, Learned how to deal with negative customers, Okay, Good, Overnight, Customers
Not an organize store, poor customer service not a good pay
cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Over worked employees due to other staff not attending there hour shifts but not paying enough.
Productive and work fun
Quick book, Data entry (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare, vacation time
The Most enjoyable job I ever had
The good and nice people at work
I learned many things at work
Great place to work, good people, great pay
AP/Invetory Control (Current Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 17, 2013
I gained most of my accounting knowledge here. The former CFO took me under her wing and basically showed me the ropes. I balanced GL accounts, paid vendors, balanced/received invoices into the computer system. I dabbled in a little bit of everything but excelled in Accounts Payable and Inventory Control.
Telecommuinications Corporate Jobs are rewarding
Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, New JerseyApril 23, 2013
Pros: multi-cultural employment
Working internally within a Telcommunications Corporation is interesting to see the different aspects of how the company works. Many different cultural events and experiences. The ability to call outside the US and learn new cultures and work with coworkers on special jobs was rewarding and fun. Everyone worked together to meet the job requirements – more... and if you needed assistance there was someone always willing to help you complete your task, if needed. – less
interesting place to work
invoiced domestic sales (Former Employee), Boardman, ORDecember 12, 2012
Pros: benefits - family company
Cons: job security and management changed with the bankruptsy
Pulling purchase orders, processing invoices, posting recieved inventory to purchase orders. I learned alot about how a home is built and what it takes to go into it. management was for the most part easy going until the company filed bankruptsy. Most of the co-workers where great hard working people and enjoyable to work with.
Sat in a tiny office all day by myself
Processing payroll, Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 30, 2012
Cons: not a lot of direction from management
Worked on Accounts payables and receivable.
All employees stayed to themselves. My boss was hardly in the office.
Faced Paced Accounting Environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Union, NJMay 10, 2012
Pros: free tuition, good benefits, plenty of vacation day, sick time, holiday parties
Cons: lack of updated technology for employees
A typical day working at Kean University General Accounting office, begins with the printing a posting report for management, and co-workers. Next is to retrieve my phone messages from vendors and research payment information, outstanding purchase order, invoices discrepancies, credit holds depending on the situation of the vendor. Next is sorting and – more... distributing mail. After sorting my mail for my vendors, I make copies and send them over for approval. There is always invoices to process, or a check run that has to be done. I have learned a lot working at Kean over the years, our office management team is a great group of people, they allow us to work independently, surprise us for breakfast every now and then and we have the best staff meetings, they always allow us input on what changes can be made, whats effective and what's not working. The hardest part of the job is the check run, due to the fact of the different departments and functions that happen at the University, there always that 1 or 2 departments that have to add invoices at the last minute that holds up the check run, changes your figures,so checking for accuracy is the hardest and most important details of the job. Out of 5 days of the week, I must say I enjoy it, only bad days I have is when the check printing machine starts to jam up and you can not figure out why, it slows our whole process down otherwise I enjoy my time working at Kean University. I am just looking to relocate to the Mairetta or Smyrna area in Geogria. – less
Accounts Payable
Student Worker (Former Employee), Mankato, MNMay 7, 2012
Flexible work between classes, entered payment in the accounting system. Verify and review invoices and purchased orders, reconcile daily entries
Good hands on experience
South Hills School of Business & Technology (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 27, 2012
Did accounts payable in my classes at South Hills. All a part of a project.
Working for American Emassy in Africa is completely different from working in the United states.
Financial Processing Rep (Former Employee), Nutley, New JerseyApril 10, 2012
Pros: allowed to save money in the united states bank, and be able to travel to the states.
Working for American Embassy in Monrovia Liberia was the greatest job in African then as I got paid in US dollars. I had lots of experience in terms of working with computers; take corresponded courses (like Overseas Cashier & Voucher Examiner) to improve my ability and knowledge in Finance. I was able to multi tax and ready to be called upon for other – more... duties when fellow work mates were absent.
I did Payroll and paid employees did cashiering; ready to issue funds to diplomats for their travel by reviewing their travel documents, review purchases orders to comply with the budget etc. – less
Small company / co-workers like extended family members
Bookkeeping Clerk (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYMarch 29, 2012
Pros: company bought lunch every day for the office
Cons: office was hot in the summer, only 2 small window air-conditioners
Started with the company before I had any children and continued to work until the company consolidated with its Michigan office. Many of the workers were with the company for over 25 years and became like extended family members. We all worked well together and helped each other out when needed. Many happy memories!
Great people to work with
Payment Analyst & Payment Recovery Lead (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 27, 2012
Pros: good team work
Cons: long hours some times
I enjoyed working there. The team worked well together and the manager always made you feel part of the team
Nice workplace
Payroll Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 26, 2012
good company to work for. the location is great and easy to get to from major street.
good benefits
A good work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Roselle, NJMarch 24, 2012
Over all good place to work for. Family orientated and very understanding.
productive company, very organized
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXMarch 9, 2012
Pros: free chips. good secure company to work for.
Cons: too much gossip.
Good company to work for. They have health insurance, which is a big plus. A person can advance in career. The job is secure.