Accredo Health Employee Reviews

Typical work day
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2017
I was a claim representative and it was a very rewarding position. I just outgrew the position. Its an okay place to work and pays pretty decent. I moderately recommend it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad managment
nice place to work
CLAIMS PROCESSOR/PCA/ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2016
nice place to work I have enjoyed working for this company over 3 years they are creating a fun atmosphere with steady pace and if u are a people person u would love
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2016
I do not have much to say about this job. I have not worked there in years,so things may have changed since I have left. I think when I did work there the job was very demanding. It offered lots of overtime rather it was mandatory or voluntary.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2016
• This operation distributes pharmaceutical products.. Supervise 2 security guards,2 janitorial 2 shipping and receiving. Meet with staff on a consistent weekly basis.
Great coworkers
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJuly 4, 2016
Very high production. Supervisors try to work with you on a day to day basis. Several cut backs on employees. Hardest part of the job is completing all prescriptions before 11pm.
Pros
People
Cons
Low Compensation
relax work environment and flexible schedule
Front End Operation Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2016
typical day at work is resolving issues quickly to make sure patients receives the best service by keeping them inform of any delays or issues then being able to expedite requests to avoid patients missing therapies
Pros
very lenient towards work attire
Cons
not a lot of corporate outings anymore
Some fun but mostly work
Lead Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2016
Bad management skills, they feel threatened by someone that may know a little bit more than them. The management listens to other people rather than listening to you when things happen.
Pros
Working with RPH, working with people to get ideas flowing
Cons
Gossip, lies, poor team work
nice placee to work & friendly people
Billing & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 17, 2016
Rebilling claims
learned how to do packet for write offs
the management is lacking
my fellow coworkers were very helpful when having questions
they lack in training
Pros
Nice people that work there
Cons
Lacks training
Clinical work from Home
clinical pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Worked at home, Macon CountyApril 1, 2015
I was able to do clinical pharmacy work from my home. As a work at home pharmacist, I had the advantages of doing important work for patients, while having the advantage of being at home.

I learned to operate several different computer programs, as well as dealing with getting PA's, doing DUR's, compliance issues and formulary control.

Supervisor level management was responsive to your needs, although they had little control over what corporate decided to do.

Co-workers were knowledgeable and helpful. We used each other as a resource in solving problems, to get the job done of taking care of our patients.

You do work at home alone, so you have to be able to deal with the pressure and be resourceful when working on an issue. You must develop confidence and a knowledge base of what to do and how to do it.

Getting to work at home. No dress code, no office politics. When you get off work, you walk to your living room.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
You work alone and are out of the loop sometimes.
Good place to reenter the workforce hire's a lot of contractors.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 22, 2015
Not a good place to plan a career around unless you have no desire to move further than the position you are hired for. The management team I had were wonderful people they were friendly and extremely helpful and made coming to work there a joy. My coworkers were an absolute dream everyone got along so well. The hardest part of the job was the endless documentation required . 90% of it was redundant and needless.
I really enjoy working here
Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2015
I have liked this company so much that I have worked here twice. I feel very supported, have great co-workers and make decent pay. I would definately reccommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
great support, great nurse manager, supportive co-workers
Cons
driving all over god's green earth!
Modernized and Growing Company
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Typical day included sitting behind a desk. Learned to stay active in departments to promote moving ahead. Hardest part of job was overcoming archaic process's
Pros
Fast growing company
Cons
Since company was often changing and growing, certain needs within teams were overlooked to maintain a uniform standard through departments.
Accredo Health is a great place to work.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I was employed for nearly twelve years. During this time I was promoted five times. I completed my bachelors and master's program, while utilizing benefits such as tuition reimbursement. I am thankful for the experience I gained. The culture is one conducive for individuals looking to advance quickly.
nice job
Senior Prior Authorization Rep (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2015
a good job for someone that enjoys a challenge and is okay with being independent at work.
stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2014
Large call volume and hard to get off to take personal business.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
stressful environment
Customer Service
Sr. Patient/Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2014
Processes bills for all payer sources and services. Maintains follow-up on patient accounts to include unapplied payments within established guidelines. Responds to billing inquiries from branch offices and insurance companies. Responds to insurance carriers’ requests for additional information. Answers inquiries regarding patient accounts, respecting patient confidentiality and legal limits on releasing information. Identifies and communicates system updates to ensure accurate processing and timely collections. Serve as technical expert to call center team to assist with efficient resolution of member and client related issues. Provide direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Act as liaison services to other ESI departments. Recognizes and recommends improvements to processes and procedures. Assist Front End Pharmacy with the resolution of MRT Compass Referrals, including coverage exclusions, replacements, eligibility issues, input order from start to finish, process re-bills, pre input Rx clarification, post input Rx corrections, or any Front End process needing assistance. Act as a liaison between pharmacists, pharmacy, account management, customer service, and the patient to research and resolve problems that arise.
Never a dull moment always putting out fires
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2014
Have went through 3 mergers it has really been tough was a great company to work for prior to the mergers. Was a customer service driven company prior to the mergers now its all about the bottom line
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
No work lif balance
Nice place to work
PAYROLL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2014
Accredo has been a great place for me to work. I have gained great skills and many valuable business relationships. They encourage work/life balance.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
parking on campus
Productive; very busy place to work
Senior Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  nashville,tnFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day would be very busy; you really did not have time to take breaks. I learned a lot about pharmacy products. The management was not very good there. The hardest part of the job would be telling patients that their medicine is not covered/high copay/deductible.
Pros
it was fun learning different things
Cons
no breaks hardly;management
Company changed hands 3 times in 5 years
Clinical IV Specialist / Case Manager/ Educator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 5, 2013
With each change different values and expectations. I stayed for the enjoyment of caring for my patients.