Accretive Health

Accretive Health Employer Reviews

Place you pass through
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
Pros: work more than 40 hours per week, can leave.
Cons: unfair compensation for work worth.
This job was due to a back to work project to match skills with job. This program was over rated thru politics, media and company. Promises of increase to meet previous salary, opportunity and programs to better your skills was not met. Co-workers are excellent. Overall, this company is in trouble due to legal issues and with SEC. Presently, people – more... are leaving as they find other employment. There is only 40% of people still here from three years of me starting. Job is not hard and I had the opportunity to learn areas in billing I never had experience with. My personal manager is excellent in giving you the opportunity to have on hands training. She don't shadow you because she is overwhelmed with back log workd due to lack in manpower and them not hiding anyone. – less
no summary
Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 6, 2014
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. i really liked how close the job was to my house. They really need to work on communication from leadership to reps.
Crooks
Lead Contract Modelor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2014
I reported several times that they were manufacturing numbers to management. They didn't care...read the news headlines now. SEC cared!
Could get better with time and effort
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: inadequate benefits
This is a great company, but it is very unprofessional until someone from the corporate office comes to visit. It takes time and effort to make anything great, and I think that it will get better eventually.
Ever changing work environment
Healthcare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not much advancement
If you like to think on your feet and constant change, this is a great job for you! This a great starting off point for college students, but not much room for advancement.
Company with the motto "Having Fun While Being the Best".
Insurance Verification and Specialist (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fellow employees who were willing to train you while attempting to maintain goals.
Cons: unrealistic job performance goals.
I learned about several hospitals computer systems, in other areas which I worked with in:
New Hampshire, Southfield and Novi, MI, Kalamazoo, MI, Saginaw, MI, and Grand Blanc, MI.
I learned to listen to people who were very angry about their insurance coverage while in Customer Service. I also set up payment plans for patients for the various hospitals.
I – more... learned to call various insurance companies to obtain correct insurance information for billing and setting the account to be billed out by the hospital.
Hardest part of the job was the unrealistic goals set for workers in every area of the collection, verification, and customer service process.
The people I worked with were very hard workers who were a joy to be around. – less
Entry Level
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Good place to get your feet wet in the Medical Coding field. They give adequate training to reinforce what you've already learned to be successful while coding.
a serious environment
Follow up Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2014
Pros: near metra train.
Cons: job ended.
Assisted with the identification of potential accounts that could be saved, to avoid a write off.
Fun Work environment
Patient Finance Counselor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: open access to management
Cons: room for advancement limited
Relaxed working environments with engaged management. Success is what you make it.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 12, 2014
A place that you can retire comfortably. Many opportunities to build a career. Great Benefits.
Initially a great work environment
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2014
Accretive was at one time was great place to work but currently, undergoing some transition. Hopefully, they will have the resources to turn it around. It's service offerings are a great concept, but the people there right now do not understand healthcare.
Turning toxic
Senior Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Since the new CEO (who is departing in Oct) took over, things have been toxic. People are leaving left and right, huge business decisions are made that impact large swaths of people, and then are reversed (e.g. moving HQ from Chicago to Dallas). Communication is hugely lacking. Work pipeline seems to be going dry too. I'd avoid this company in the short – more... term – less
Fast Paced
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 30, 2014
I work exclusively with one of the many non-profit hospitals we represent. My role is to ensure that the relationship held between the client our the company continues to grow in a positive direction by assisting their patients in whatever way we can.

My job is multi faceted and very fast-paced. The healthcare field is ever changing an evolving and – more... it's my job to ensure that myself, the company as well as the team continues to change and grow to provide the best possible patient experience. – less
Constant change.
PAS (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2014
This company has had new leadership almost every year since I joined the company. It is in a state of constant change, and is currently on a hold for any merit raises for the next 2 years.
fun and great place to work
biller (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 21, 2014
had great coworkers and management, environment was good, loved the hours...overall great experience.
Everyday
Billing Department (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2014
My typical day here at my current job, I do all the totals for our hospitals as far as payments through Ivans (DDE) system. Follow by billing out hospice, some INPT, OUTPT. I also worked once a month on prepping recurring claims from our whole system Meditech. My co-workers are good people and easy to get along with it i tend to keep to myself and do – more... my work ask questions if I need the help. Management isn't as easy to get along with it but i manage and tend to not let things bother me to much. Overall, I love what I do and love to learn as much as i can. I do have my mistakes here and there I learn from my mistakes and fix the problem. – less
Great company for growth opportunities
IT - CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 9, 2014
Accretive is a great company, good work life balance, creative work, great team members and many growth opportunities.
Good company culture going though some change
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2014
Work life balance is extremely valued at this rising company.
Work hard
Site Lead - Financial Planning & Analytics (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2014
You work hard and play hard here. Very unorganized but a great place to start your career.
Production and daily performance
Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: location and area
Cons: reaching a maximum balance everyday for collection
Researched, analyzed, and bring account balances to final resolution by performing necessary transactions as required by following up with payments posted and adjusted accounts. Speaking with clients about bring accounts up to date. Contacted government and commercial insurance department regarding claims.

1 2 3 4

About Accretive Health

You could say Accretive Health makes sure hospitals don't leave money on the operations table.┬áThe company provides its own employees – Read more

Accretive Health Photos