Accretive Health Employer Reviews

Healthcare company
Chief of Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Healthcare company going through significant internal changes in the past 12 months.

For the most part, the employees were great and enjoyable to work with.

The company is too big with a lot of red tape which makes it inefficient.
Good place to work for stepping stone
Customer Service, Admin - Clerical (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: being able to help resolve patients problems
Cons: employees have to pay for parking. reviews for raises are not done in a timely fashion.
My experience is good however there could be major changes with management. I love the people I work with they are all hard working men and women who strive for a better life.
Do not work here
Contractor (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 15, 2015
Pros: you can take extended lunchs/breaks, no one notices
Cons: everything about management.
If you are good at your job you are not rewarded instead you are given more work. I was one person doing the work of 3 other people. They do not pay enough money to employees compared to other places. No opportunities for advancement into management positions. What Accretive Health does not tell you is that they have offices in India. The India workers have no clue what they are doing and in turn can create more work for you. They are treated better than the US employees. They come to Accretive in Warren every summer for a few weeks and are taken out shopping, to diner, to Tigers games. The workers here do not get any of that.
Accretive thinks that anyone can be trained to do medical billing and follow up and that is why they hire people who do not have a clue and pay them $10.00 per hour to start. I went there after earning an associate's degree. I continued my education and after working hard for four years I decided to take my experience and leave. I would advice to take a job there only if you must to gain experience and then leave so that you can go somewhere that will appreciate you and pay better with better benefits.
Struggling within the healthcare industry
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Cons: everything you can think of
Management is not in touch or values its employees
Management does not communicate or is transparent
Lack of job security
Overall not a great place to work
ACCRETIVE HEALTH REVIEW
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: lack of face to face patient interaction
My typical day at work is taking calls all day from patients in regards to patienta billing. Trying to resolve questions on insurance payments, adjustments or lack there of. Balances left
for patients due to co-insurances, co-pays and deductibles.
Updating insurances, coordination of benefits and demographic information. Trying to resolve take backs from insurance companies and effectively explain these to the patients. The most challenging thing I have learned with this company is insurance billing and the many inner workings it has.

My thoughts on management are limited, this is only because there is an extreme turn over in this area. I have been with the company 7 months and have had 5 supervisors in this time. I have worked well with 3 and liked them the other two have come and went so quickly, I am not sure what to input to have. This would stand to be true with the co-workers, however, the employees who have maintained employment I have a good work relationship with, a few I also have a social one with.

The most challenging part of my job, is the metric set for calls. We have a goal to set. I have been told that my strongest attribute is also what holds me just short from acheiving what they set. My attention to detail. I work the account to get it completed. This meets the other one they have set - one call resolution.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my patient interaction and when I can resovle the most complex account issues for them.
Struggling Healthcare Consulting Company
Product Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I started my career in business at Accretive Health. I was able to join at a time of growth in their Physician Advisory Services department.

The department was terribly managed, having little to no oversight from central leadership, but that was actually a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my talents. It didn't matter if you had no experience in building or running a program, if they had a project and you had time you could take a crack at it.

By the time I left, regulatory changes had put the department on ice, with a lot of layoffs etc. The longtime CEO, Mary Tolan, fortunately departed after the board sought out a more stable leader. I believe they're on their third CEO in three years which is about as comforting as it sounds.

I had some great co-workers and learned a TON, but unless you can handle dysfunctional management (or this is the perfect position for you in your career growth), I can't recommend Accretive.
was good work place , and good team
BI Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free friday snacks, flexible work hour
Cons: is in chicago, it is too cold there
Accretive health was good place to work where i spent my 1.5 years . I learned a lot from there. both business and technology about health care industry .
Lots of things will need to change in order for Accretive Health to succeed
Vice President Sales (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 10, 2015
There was very little in the way of strategic planning. The moral and the more than year long audit were big distractions. People were leaving with great regularity.
AH Summary
Sr. QA Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Too much turnover in management
Great people to work with
Great location
Flexible schedule
Low opportunity for advancement
Accretive Health
Team Leader/Medical Reimbursement (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Accretive Health has a very high turn over. In fact, one of the highest I have ever seen.
Not on my list of recommendations
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: no benefits, split work environment between st john and accretive employees.
I have nothing positive to say about this work environment. I was lied to about the training I would receive for a job I clearly stated I didn't know how to do in the interview. The training I received only reflected 1% of my actual job responsibilities. At the end of my first 90 I was written up for low performance. When I took it upon my self to learn the job from other employees I was accused of socializing. I did learn the job with the help of my co-workers and became quite proficient. I became ill and was terminated. No opportunities for advancement.
Provided an opportunity to learn about transplant networks
Clinical Care Coordination Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2015
Hardworking group of employees. Limited opportunities for growth and advancement
Terrible environment
Medical Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
Management doesnt know how to lead or direct, employees are scap goats and treated like cattle.
Its okay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Not organized but not a horrible job!! Typical desk job, in your cubicle all day but you can use the bathroom or take a quick breather if you need too. Not as restrictive as some call centers. They are generous with giving the employees free food at times!
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: sitting long periods of time
Very busy and have to be a multi-tasker and be open to continuing change.
I have learned to work with many types of people and how to manage my time better. I also have learned to be more patient and that killing people with kindness is actually easy and that you get more flies with honey.
I enjoy my job but feel that things can be unstable with the company at times
Exciting and interesting organization to be a part of with change being a constant.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
Supportive team environment with both a friendly and professional culture. Afforded the opportunity to learn and improve upon a variety of skills.
Great Workplace
Physician Advisor (Current Employee), ChicagoNovember 5, 2014
Pros: compensation, diversity
Cons: turnover in managment
Great place with a great working environment. Learned a lot of healthcare policy issues.
NA
Patient Financial Advocate (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 10, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I would just advise people to apply for the job and if you are hired you can judge the company for yourself.
Convenient
Medicare Biller/collector (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Pros: easily accessible to public transportation
Cons: no health benefits
This is a very comfortable work environment. Accessible via Public transportation.

A typical day with accretive is getting an early start, diving right into my work flow. You have to be a self starter to make it with this company. It is a very inviting work atmosphere, I truly enjoy the people that I work with and management, truly listens.
Fun Place to work
Physician Advisory Services (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisSeptember 23, 2014
Fun place to work, although they require long hours. I liked it, but was ready to leave when I did.

1 2 3 4 5

About Accretive Health

You could say Accretive Health makes sure hospitals don't leave money on the operations table.┬áThe company provides its own employees – Read more