Accretive Health United States Employee Reviews

Great learning place
Workers Comp/Auto Claims Follow-up Rep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Great for those fresh out of school or just new into the field and for those interested in knowledge of trends, graphs and or numbers
Good working culture!
Entry level (CCA) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
I have not been given an opportunity to show my potential, just spend my five month on training and the office went on restructuring with new management and layoff many staff including me. I think they should conduct job need assessment before employing their staff to avoid such inconvenient. Otherwise their working culture and employee benefit is good.
Referral and Authorization Clerk
Referral and Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2015
Pros: Getting familiar with Tennessee Area hospitals and helping patients
Cons: Short breaks
Coordination of patients demographic, benefits, referral and authorizations.

They show favoritism and make the job a lot more stressful than necessary. The job is easy and they suffered I left. They have a high turnover rate.
Dark Gloomy place to work
Account Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: It's a job that pays
Cons: There is no room for advancement.
If you want a first hand view of what not to do, this is the place for you. I have never worked in a place like this. I have witnessed so much foolishness that even I question what I see. The company has absolutely no interest ion seeing its employees grow. While the employees do all the work, the managers are given all the praises. This company rarely gives back to its employees and gives a great deal of false promises tha t are never carried out.
Healthcare company
Chief of Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Healthcare company going through significant internal changes in the past 12 months.

For the most part, the employees were great and enjoyable to work with.

The company is too big with a lot of red tape which makes it inefficient.
Good place to work for stepping stone
Customer Service, Admin - Clerical (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: being able to help resolve patients problems
Cons: employees have to pay for parking. reviews for raises are not done in a timely fashion.
My experience is good however there could be major changes with management. I love the people I work with they are all hard working men and women who strive for a better life.
Struggling within the healthcare industry
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Cons: everything you can think of
Management is not in touch or values its employees
Management does not communicate or is transparent
Lack of job security
Overall not a great place to work
ACCRETIVE HEALTH REVIEW
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: lack of face to face patient interaction
My typical day at work is taking calls all day from patients in regards to patienta billing. Trying to resolve questions on insurance payments, adjustments or lack there of. Balances left
for patients due to co-insurances, co-pays and deductibles.
Updating insurances, coordination of benefits and demographic information. Trying to resolve take backs from insurance companies and effectively explain these to the patients. The most challenging thing I have learned with this company is insurance billing and the many inner workings it has.

My thoughts on management are limited, this is only because there is an extreme turn over in this area. I have been with the company 7 months and have had 5 supervisors in this time. I have worked well with 3 and liked them the other two have come and went so quickly, I am not sure what to input to have. This would stand to be true with the co-workers, however, the employees who have maintained employment I have a good work relationship with, a few I also have a social one with.

The most challenging part of my job, is the metric set for calls. We have a goal to set. I have been told that my strongest attribute is also what holds me just short from acheiving what they set. My attention to detail. I work the account to get it completed. This meets the other one they have set - one call resolution.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my patient interaction and when I can resovle the most complex account issues for them.
Struggling Healthcare Consulting Company
Product Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I started my career in business at Accretive Health. I was able to join at a time of growth in their Physician Advisory Services department.

The department was terribly managed, having little to no oversight from central leadership, but that was actually a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my talents. It didn't matter if you had no experience in building or running a program, if they had a project and you had time you could take a crack at it.

By the time I left, regulatory changes had put the department on ice, with a lot of layoffs etc. The longtime CEO, Mary Tolan, fortunately departed after the board sought out a more stable leader. I believe they're on their third CEO in three years which is about as comforting as it sounds.

I had some great co-workers and learned a TON, but unless you can handle dysfunctional management (or this is the perfect position for you in your career growth), I can't recommend Accretive.
was good work place , and good team
BI Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free friday snacks, flexible work hour
Cons: is in chicago, it is too cold there
Accretive health was good place to work where i spent my 1.5 years . I learned a lot from there. both business and technology about health care industry .
Lots of things will need to change in order for Accretive Health to succeed
Vice President Sales (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 10, 2015
There was very little in the way of strategic planning. The moral and the more than year long audit were big distractions. People were leaving with great regularity.
AH Summary
Sr. QA Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Too much turnover in management
Great people to work with
Great location
Flexible schedule
Low opportunity for advancement
Accretive Health
Team Leader/Medical Reimbursement (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Accretive Health has a very high turn over. In fact, one of the highest I have ever seen.
Not on my list of recommendations
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: no benefits, split work environment between st john and accretive employees.
I have nothing positive to say about this work environment. I was lied to about the training I would receive for a job I clearly stated I didn't know how to do in the interview. The training I received only reflected 1% of my actual job responsibilities. At the end of my first 90 I was written up for low performance. When I took it upon my self to learn the job from other employees I was accused of socializing. I did learn the job with the help of my co-workers and became quite proficient. I became ill and was terminated. No opportunities for advancement.
Provided an opportunity to learn about transplant networks
Clinical Care Coordination Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2015
Hardworking group of employees. Limited opportunities for growth and advancement
Terrible environment
Medical Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: everything
Management doesnt know how to lead or direct, employees are scap goats and treated like cattle.
Its okay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Not organized but not a horrible job!! Typical desk job, in your cubicle all day but you can use the bathroom or take a quick breather if you need too. Not as restrictive as some call centers. They are generous with giving the employees free food at times!
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: sitting long periods of time
Very busy and have to be a multi-tasker and be open to continuing change.
I have learned to work with many types of people and how to manage my time better. I also have learned to be more patient and that killing people with kindness is actually easy and that you get more flies with honey.
I enjoy my job but feel that things can be unstable with the company at times
Exciting and interesting organization to be a part of with change being a constant.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
Supportive team environment with both a friendly and professional culture. Afforded the opportunity to learn and improve upon a variety of skills.
Great Workplace
Physician Advisor (Current Employee), ChicagoNovember 5, 2014
Pros: compensation, diversity
Cons: turnover in managment
Great place with a great working environment. Learned a lot of healthcare policy issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About Accretive Health

You could say Accretive Health makes sure hospitals don't leave money on the operations table.┬áThe company provides its own employees – Read more

Accretive Health Salaries