Accuity Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to work
Automation Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2017
Awesome Place to work
Learn me technology
friendly and helping environment.
Strong technically people team. Work with latest tools.
Flexible working timing.
No way to grow
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 21, 2016
Being as a data specialist; you'll get stock in your position with a low pay, if you apply with them don't expect any growth or opportunity to advance
Pros
Good amount of vacation
Cons
No creer advance
Great place to work if you get the right manager
Global engagement manager (Former Employee) –  Based in New York with global travelAugust 8, 2016
You need to remember that this is a UK centric company. As such US resources are considered highly expendable. Accuity is also a fan of hiring less experienced young folks, whom they can groom. This is a great cost effective practice, but can be extremely stressful to highly experienced folks who are viewed as threats, especially by managers who may not have the depth and breadth of experience that more seasoned professionals bring to the table. That said, for my first two years, I worked for a very professional, fair, trusting, and successful manager who recognized where my value best fit the company and worked at placing me there. Once I was in the best position for me to make significant contributions, the manager I worked for was extremely threatened by my seniority and background, and made life a misery, refusing to provide training, or to place me on engagements. The first manager was US based, the second was UK based. Enough said.

Benefits are ok, but you should expect to lay out a sizable chunk of change, if you are covering a family's medical needs.
Pros
Can be very forgiving if you are experiencing difficult circumstances
Cons
UK resources, Women, and Yale grads are favored above all others.
good
Market Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 5, 2016
good company, nice environment, good team and culture. People are friendly. Enjoy working here. My boss is a kind person.
Strong Company
Engagement Managert - Compliance and Payment (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 2, 2016
This company is a strong player in the Global Regulatory Compliance industry. Depending on the department, a typical day may range from a series of specific tasks to a complete self directed, and determined, set of tasks. While at this company, I have been given the opportunity to learn the Compliance and Regulatory business, and was given the opportunity to leverage my extensive background in consulting to deliver services to company clients. Co-workers at this company run the gamut. I worked with incredibly helpful and considerate folks who made me feel that I was blessed, and then had the unfortunate experience of working with some folks with questionable abilities. I don't thing that this is much different than most other companies. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure out what management expected of me.
Pros
Great deal of flexibility as far as work location
Cons
Por management. Lacking in clear direction and planning.
Senior Product Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 20, 2015
Global company that specializes in financial data solutions. It has changed ownerships a number of times over the past 10 years. It continues to grow on a international basis.
Overall great place to work
Data Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 27, 2014
Accuity, in one form or another, has been around for over a hundred years. Although, for obvious reasons, no one at the company has been there since day one, there are quite a few people who have been there for more than 20 years, a rarity in this day and age. I believe that the smallness of the company fosters a family-like atmosphere among co-workers and its culture of community service only strengthens those bonds.
Pros
401k matching, tuition reimbursement, good benefits
The company I came to enjoy
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 23, 2014
I have to say I haven't found a job like this in a long time. The position I started off in was something that was temp but through motivation and determination in my role, I landed a perm position doing something else. Although the pay rate isn't the best, but I am still greatful. The environment is very comfortable. It's so awesome that I don't mind coming to work everyday. It's a big office with not a lot of people, I have great hours, I learned 3 different systems already while being there, my co-workers can be caty at times but for the most part I stay focused on my work, put on my headphones and tune others out unless someone needs me for something. But everyone is pretty much quiet and doing their work. The hardest part of my job was learning one of the systems. I think it probably took me about a week and a half to learn it and where the different functions go. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a job to go to that I actually enjoy. I get along with everyone. I enjoy who I work for. We're both from up north so we get each other. He's very intelligent. I love my job, i'm just looking to get a second job as well. I have very little time that I put in to this company so I'm sure as I grow within the company, I will be able to grow financially.
Pros
Close to my home, awesome hours, great environment, casual environment, friendly people, awesome benefits
Cons
pay rate
International environment
Intl Team leader - Portuguese/Spanish (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 8, 2012
One day at Accuity: in the morning I would call Europe and in the afternoon I would be speaking with South America. Very international environment, the clients and co-workers.
I learned how to work with database, how to make conference calls in different time zone and how to be cultural competent sing my language skills.
The hardest pat of the job was to QC our publications because it was vey details oriented.
Most enjoyable pat was to learn the behavior of clients from other parts of the word.
environment