Accurate Background, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great management and people
criminal researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2016
This company has strong leadership that creates a work environment that makes coming to work a pleasurable experience. It makes you feel like you made a difference in the lives of people at the end of the day
Pros
Cons
Pay scale
Administrative Assistant
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Performed general office functions. Answer phone with professional telephone etiquette. Retrieved and filed documents and files in alpha and numeric orders. Setting new claims and handling claim information. Operated various computer systems and programs such as Lotus Notes, CATS, CMS2, AS400, and MS office. Coordinated with claim adjusters on updating claim information as needed.
Pros
Good environment. Good benefits. Good pay.
Cons
Work got slow. Lost our major client. Laid offs
I love my job, however, am anxious to relocate to OR and obtain a more challenging job with a greater potential to advance my skills.
Criminal Researcher (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at my current employment is indebt background research to include legal research, criminal history and evaluate risk factors to private entity employers.
My job offers excellent benefits, however, the commute is long and their is no room for advancement within the company.
My supervisor is great, but, I have little to no interaction with co-workers due to the nature of the job and the setting of the work modules.
Pros
Excellent training in legal research.
Cons
Lacks interaction with co-workers.
Verification Researcher (Current Employee) –  @homeDecember 8, 2014
Even to the compensation to start really isn't that good there is room for higher pay after 6 months and keeping a good performance record. Calls are made outbound to businesses, education institutions and personal references at your own pace. no back to back inbound calls. great atmosphere. any and all questions are answered immediately by supervisors. very personable. even tho it's a virtual environment the continuous contact between management and team members makes you feel your definitely apart of the company.
Pros
no set schedule
Cons
pay is not a lot
Great management and people
criminal researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2016
i learned how to communicate with the courts and other jurisdictions. The people i worked with were fun and interesting. The hardest part of the job was going through lots of avenues to find information and coming up with nothing.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
the pay
Productive and casual work enviroment
Assistant Researcher Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 29, 2014
typical work day is entering backgrounds, research on offenders and generics for our clients new hires. I have learned the different jurisdictions and laws for different states and counties. Management is very helpful and supportive to our needs. I have great relationships with my co-workers, environment is very comfortable and friendly. The hardest part of my job is memorizing all the different types of jurisdictions for each different state that we run background checks for on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience and the different types of new personalities I get to engage with.
Pros
Lunch room, management, co-worker and softball team
Cons
temp employment only
Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 25, 2016
• Communicated with customers over the phone and via email about background state Performed administrative duties such as developing and maintaining customer service release inbox
Unprofessional
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Coming from a very professional background, I found that the work place was very unprofessional and disorganized with alot of drama and clicks. I feel that the team leads and coaches were just there to goof off and not willing to help when needed. I will never recommend this company to any of my friends.
This is a company that needs to outsource bc it's sad that companies like this are in the United States
Production, public records (Former Employee) –  Irvine, Lake Forest CAMay 13, 2013
Lets see first you're considered doing good there financially if you're a college grad making 14.00 an hour after they start you at 12.00. If they start you at 14.00, your raise will be 25-50 cents if lucky. They believe in promoting the people less qualified and suck and overlook those that actually work hard. People promoted are those they want promoted. Has nothing to do with skill, tenure or experience. The owner is cheap as hell, and it is a sweatshop. He walks down the halls and never says hello or thank you. Christmas parties are a raffling off of 3 gifts among 200-300 employees and the last one they didn't supply chairs, you had to stand and there was not enough food. Wait appetizers . They demand over time during the "busy" season of 12 hour days and its mandatory. If you can't work 12 but do 10 you are not considered a team player therefore those that worked 12 hours are rewarded.

. The executives are total deuche bags and selfish who only care about themselves and every decision possibly made has nothing to do with their over worked underpaid employees. When they changed locations, the owner was selling furniture taking it from the employee while they were working. Then moved us to a new building that wasn't finished forcing us to inhale fumes bc he was too cheap to pay rent at two buildings. They've at times stop providing coffee creamers bc they were an extra 10 cents. I have a college degree, I'm working 10 hour days and you're paying me 13 dollars and hour. Pay for some freakin creamer, paper cups and what ever else you're considering taking away including
  more... the fact now the vending machines are no longer 25 cents. The turn around rate there is unbelievable. There is no real HR Department bc the VP of HR is like the White house Advisor. Sometimes you don't know who is in charge and anything you bring to HR gets reported.

I paid about $400 in benefits for 2 so that wasn't a steal. The pay dates are the 7th and 22nd. Why? No idea. Rent is due the first as well as most bills but I'm sure somehow it benefits them to pay you a week after the 1st which is VERY inconvenient considering most people there live paycheck to paycheck. This company sucks. Majority of the people there are unhappy. If you're desperate, apply. If you want a real job pass. Prepare to be micro managed, forced to fill out "anonymous" surveys, dealing with accounts payables of 1 person who doesn't know a thing, no team buildings, whose goal is to push as much work out of you as they can. Slowly giving you more job duties but refusing to compensate. Run!!! They will over sell this job with promise of growth, pay raises and opportunities. Switch and bait. It's a lie. 1% of the people there probably make good money and that's more than likely the over paid executives who actually suck, reap the rewards of our hard, underpaid work. I will say 1 executive there actually cares. They probably tricked him also.
Pros
A variety of shifts to cater to school, family, etc and good location
Cons
Great entry level company.
International Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 9, 2012
Accurate Background is looking to enhance their global capabilities and services. Accurate Background can help develop entry level employees as it reaches to become a bigger competitor in the background screening industry. I enjoyed my time at this company and look to further my career as I move forward to a company that has the ability to take advantage of my skills.
Pros
knowledge base, career advancement, resume builder
Cons
short breaks, extreme overtime, low staffing
Monotonous Sweat Shop
Employment Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 24, 2013
This place was a terrible experience. My office had a nice window view and they taped cardboard over the windows so you cannot see out. They assign you work and expect you to churn out product like some sort of sweat shop with absolutely no direction from management unless you take into account the daily performance evaluations.
Pros
free starbucks coffe; nice office location; flexible work hours
Cons
micromanagement; little guidance from management; coworkers;
Great work environment
HEALTH SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 30, 2014
Work culture is awesome; work is tedious; not great benefits
Fast Paced Job Great Results
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 27, 2015
My task from the beginning was to get a small team in Mexico to catch up and deliver a critical Motor Vehicle Reporting System to be added to a legacy J2EE set of applications.

I created the design and worked diligently to make sure the project was successful. Working with my team near Mexico City was not always easy. As the Sr. Java Developer I needed to make sure Unit and Integration tests were being completed in an environment that was not comfortable with this type of methodology.

During my time here I they asked me to work on a mission critical IT Networking issue because of my background.

Most of my time was spent teaching the teams Spring and the importance of Unit Testing.
Pros
My expertise helped me to contribute on day one.
Cons
Teams had very little experience, Had to refactor lots of others work
not at this time
Adjudication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2015
Great place to work. everyone is great. very friendly people. Management is close to employees. gain lots of experience and enjoy my time there.
Great company to work for
DIRECTOR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 24, 2012
This is a very entrepreneurial company with a very successful sales team and growth strategy. The staff is very hardworking and knowledgeable. Management is very capable. Over all a very good place to work.
Pros
very customer centric
Cons
sometimes too customer centric?
I worked the 3rd shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 2, 2015
I worked with nice co-workers. I worked the 3rd shift. I found out it was not the shift for me. It was the hardest part of my job trying to stay awake. The day shift received all of the enjoyment of lunch etc.
Pros
Cons
quiet place to work
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Easy work, but it was slow due to the recession. Wasn't a company specific problem, probably most employers noticed this.
Pros
easy office work
Cons
office drama, low compensation
good out of college job
employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 7, 2012
good place to work for recent undergraduates. lots of OT, some perks here and there
Pros
ot
Cons
ot, little advancement
Productive and fun work environment. Great management.
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 2, 2014
The Client Development department is not your typical call center atmosphere. Each individual is trained to multitask and cross-train in different areas of the company. An individual will learn the flow of the background process and will enjoy working with their peers and clientele.
Criminal Background Reasercher
Background Researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
Great place to work at. Work is kind of repetitive. Pay rate is not good, however, they treat you like adults and not children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accurate Background, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Accurate Background, Inc. Reviews by Location