Accurate Home Care Employee Reviews in United States

OK office job
Client Service (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my job with Accurate. Although Accurate was full of office politics. I found for a company that had "family values" they treated their employees poorly. Everyone is just a body filling a position unless you have friends in upper management. It never felt like your hard work was noticed but if you fell a little behind it was a huge problem. The Job was good, The atmosphere and the company as a whole was not. I personally believe Accurate does not stand for the "Family Values" They advertise. And the Benefits were horrible. And the pay was not worth all the extra work you end up doing. The only way to win any of their Employee Awards is to be friends with upper management. It's a job I would like to have and recommend but I would not recommend the company.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
office politics
1:1 care
RN (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed the 1:1 care i was able to provide for the pediatric population. There was very little support from other co-workers as the position was a 1:1 situation. Great learning experience.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
not much interaction with other health professionals
Busy workplace with much potential to grow.
Regional Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNDecember 7, 2015
I consider this as my "dream job" and would work for the company again if they were to call me back, as I was laid off.
The office atmosphere was an excellent teamwork approach.
Computer and cell phone were given to me to use, which helped a lot.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
Need my own office
Busy days...I like the autonomy-I don't like the long hrs sometimes-I like the families and the clients
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shoreview and StillwaterMarch 23, 2016
Busy days...usually 10 to 12 hrs as it is extended care-I like the families and the clients. I am busy trouble shooting the vent system sometimes.
Loving and Caring
PCA (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNApril 26, 2016
I have never had a better experience with a PCA agency. They are truly about the client. They are also very supportive with their employees, with a 24 hour hotline for any needs that arise on the work site or at home.
One of the worst to work for
In HR (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNMarch 24, 2016
Management does not value you unless you are in the "in crowd". Never recognized for a job well done. Pay is terrible, benefits even worse.
Pros
Break room.
Cons
Pay, management, benefits, recognition
Rewarding job, fairly flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MNNovember 3, 2015
A typical work day varies depending on the client you are with. You can have any range of clients from non-complex to complex, child to adult, those with medical, physical, mental needs. One downside to home care is that you do not get to work with others, most of the time. This is okay if you like being on your own, but if you prefer to be social, it can get a bit lonely. The management at AHC are all very nice. Communication could use some work, but that seems to be true in any work environment. The hardest thing about home care is not having a doctor or fellow nurse at hand when you need help or have a concern about the client. The most enjoyable part is being able to take care of your clients in their setting, in their home.
Pros
Working with clients in their own environment, get to know your clients better
Cons
Break times are difficult to fit in, not all families are easy going or kind
Busy fun and interesting place of employment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 20, 2015
My typical day at work was interesting. Learning different cultures and lifestyles of people kept my days very interesting and fun. I love to assist and help the elderly. I normally worked by myself so working with co-workers was only necessary when client had a nurse visit. Hardest part of my job was switching to new clients.
Enjoyable company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for, just that work is not continous. Staff is very kind and helpful. Pay is not that greatest, there is better pay out there for nurses.
Pros
Staff is very helpful, kind
Cons
Benefits are not very good, pay is not great
Career change opportunity
Homemaking Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 13, 2015
I learned about preparing Care Plans, managed staff, and traveled. I utilized my Phlebotomy skills in training labs to draw blood samples for TB testing.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
moral was low
working with people who need help and care
Personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2015
a typical day working, work with client the cleaning, and wash, making sure that they're cared for on a daily basic.

what i learned about working as caregiver is that they lookup to you for thing they need to survive throughout the mouths. They're looking for you to help them all the time in some area.

they ask for lot information to get thing they what

i like to work with coworker who like to work with caregiver client.

the headiest part of job is dealing with care client that have with family member who's on drugs that affects the client.

the enjoyable thing about the job is that your making a difference in the client health.
Compassionate to the clients
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 24, 2015
Great work place, with amazing employees. The hardest part about the job while i worked there was going home. i would work there again if asked
satisfactory with this job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNApril 13, 2015
Enjoy working one to one in a home setting. Able to provide the best care for clients and family and allow them to live in their own homes.
Pros
Enjoying working with client one to joy.
Cons
Salary is not comparable to hospitals.
A big disapointment
MH (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 12, 2015
They aren't set up to offer services everywhere.
The offices are too far from providers.
Unless you live in the cities. It is not rural area friendly .
Cons
Service area is 3-4 hrs away from offices
Terrible
LPN (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 6, 2015
I work for several agencies, and this one is by far the worst. I have no idea where these good ratings are coming from. I have never worked for a company that cares less about its employees and clients. This is the feedback I've heard from both clients and fellow co-workers. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the long list of negative experiences I've had with Accurate. I have no idea how they have grown so much, they must be the least expensive, there's no other explanation.
I will mention one experience that gives a glimpse into the company. Apparently the CEO himself didn't know it was illegal to hold a staff meeting in front of an "Accurate Homecare" RV parked in the parking lot of Pittsburg Blue. The police were called and told us to leave. Seems like something a CEO should have know he needed permission for, but it shows how from the very top, this company is run by people who have no idea what they're doing.
If you're looking for a company to support you in your role, recognize your hard work and competency, cares about providing quality care, and compensates you accordingly, I recommend you look elsewhere.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Communication, Management
A typical day at work
Pediatric home care nurse (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed working with my client on a daily basis and the family interactions. The smile on my client's face everyday made my day easier and made it a joy to come to work. As for my coworkers, we worked well as a team for the needs of our client and the family. The hardest part of the job was the lack of benefits due to the cost of health insurance and the consistency with work hours. I think the computer-based charting system and the improved way of contacting management will make a major difference to the overall running of the organization. I would like to see this system implemented soon.
Pros
see review
Cons
see review
Very flexible and friendly.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Otsego, MNOctober 23, 2014
I started out with 2 clients, one peds and one adult. The peds client didn't feel like a great fit for me, but I love helping people and wanted to see if things would change. After a couple months things weren't getting any better, and Accurate supported my feelings and told me it was OK to move on and find another client. I put in my two weeks with that client and it was as easy as that. I am now very happy working with my current clients and know that Accurate will be there for me if I need to make any changes.
Pros
understanding, friendly, and flexible
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great company to work for.
pca (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 4, 2014
A typical work say consists of bathing the client, helping with ADLs, and accompanied client to medical appointments outside the home.
Working as a in home PCA I have learned how to affectively communicate with family members and other staff to care properly care for the client. The management was very good at communicating the needs of both the employee and client.
I feel the hardest part of the job is if it ever ends for any reason. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the client, learning about them and doing activities with them.
Numbers are more important to the company
RN (Former Employee) –  Elk RiverFebruary 27, 2015
An average place to work. Have enough clients but too large to take care of their clients by offering them 24 hour nursing. Stress on family if they have to chip in because there is no one to relief them.
Intresting place to work met different people
RN (Former Employee) –  Elk River MNOctober 30, 2013
started my day visiting different patients in their homes, socializing and providing nursing services. Learnt to accept different people from different cultures they way they live and carry themselves. also I learnt to be non-judgmental. co-workers and management was friendly and understanding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with family members who wanted things done that were against nursing practice. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different patients.
Pros
company appreciated their employees
Cons
poorbenefits