Accurate Home Care Employee Reviews

I love what I do but the pay is a joke.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 27, 2017
I've worked for the company for almost 4 years as a PCA and not once have I received a raise. I could never survive off just this income. I feel if the management would put more effort into helping the clients and staff rather then focusing on making a profit their company would thrive.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Pay, management
Job
Home Care LPN (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 18, 2017
Good place to work, kind and passionate nurses and caregivers. The owners are very kind and helpful to all of the patients needs. A very friendly atmosphere to work. Only down fall is the pay...
Money hungry company going under
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 7, 2017
This is truly the worst company to work for. I started out loving what I did and it quickly turned into an awful job run by clueless Mental Health "Managers". The Clinical Director at this company will never have a direct answer for you despite her having a doctorate and the Mental Health Quality Manager will assure you that Accurate is NOT a family orientated company. I believe she meant that for both the employees and clients.

If you are related to management or friends with them, you will never have a problem at this company and will work your way up, but it isn't worth it because everything done is so Unethical to begin with.

They do not care about their employees and let go way too many employees because they don't know how to run the company in the first place.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Awful management, work environment is full of drama, mileage is a joke
very productive and hard working
Registered Nurse does homecare nursing (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MN 55337March 30, 2017
very productive and hard working individual. I gave the medications followed by cleaning the patient. Then I need to cleaned the place as usual. Then I do all the necessary house work to keep the place vibrant and cleaned.
Pros
Perform work as accurately as required
Cons
Work is like is like all other home care jobs
Over worked and under paid pushed into unethical situations
Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 15, 2017
Accurate is a completely profit driven company who does not care about their clients or staff. All they care about is profit profit profit, cutting down employees hours and benefites and shoving way to many clients at them and not caring about any therapeutic ethics just to make money.
Mental Health Individuals Beware
Mental Health Staff (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNMarch 8, 2017
The current mental health clinical director operates this program unethically. She has no care for clients and is only focused on her own objectives. DO NOT work at the agency if you want to be part of a high class, quality mental health program.
Easy to work for
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNFebruary 23, 2017
They are easy to work for. No opportunity to be a NA/R only a PCA or Home maker. A good entry level position. Not recommended for a long term career unless you are not going on to be a NA/R.
Not worth the stress
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 17, 2017
I wish I could say that working for a cause made it all worth while, but it doesn't here. If that is what you are looking for, keep looking. The office is ran by a popularity contest, gossip, manipulation, and out right lying. No true procedures put in place to help keep things consistent or organized. Procedures are changing so fast that upper management can't keep up with who they've trained with what. This creates stress for all(including field staff and clients). When help is needed and you reach out to the corporate office, they just turn their head or point fingers. No true team work here or true work ethic. Due to the lack of organization, poor management, no team work, and manipulation, the focus seems to be focused on micromanagement and pointing the finger. All of this leaves for a negative work environment instead of positive. If you ever want a pat on the back, don't expect it here. You could work as hard as you can and will never be appreciated. If you are into cattiness and gossip this might be the place for you.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
Wages, benefits, management, lack of organization, ran by gossip
Horrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Owner/management is terrible!!! It is exactly like Jr. high school. The owner is the snotty girl who thinks she is better than everyone else and you will never get anywhere unless she likes you. She makes the work environment seem like a popularity contest that you have win to get decent hours and pay.
Pros
Didn't find any during my 5 months there
Cons
Can't get enough hours to be able to make a living
Alright
HHA (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Management SUCKS they have to like you to give you jobs.
Things always change what is ok one day is not ok the next.
Cannot cut fingernails even if they are NOT diabetic.
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Calm environment and very supportive, laid back
Mental Health Behavioral Aid (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at Accurate Home Care would be driving to a clients house and working on skills with them to help benefit their behavior. Researching new ways to help improve the behavior that is being worked on. Talk to families to discuss plans and how they should be involved. Deal with aggressive, sometimes violent behavior that may result in police department being involved (from experience). Filling out paperwork (Progress Notes, Mandated Reports, Incident Reports) Through working here I have learned that patience with the clients and myself is key because there are challenging cases that take time to see any type of result. The workplace had amazing people that were helpful but it was also sometimes unorganized. The hardest part of the job would be to handle a violent situation in the best way to prevent anyone from being hurt. The most enjoyable part of this job was to see improvements in client behavior, even the smallest ones made it enjoyable.
Pros
Helpful people, Families
Cons
Not organized (but improving), Communication
No stability
mental health practicioner (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJanuary 26, 2017
I've loved working with clients and collaborating with programs in the community to best help my clients. My immediate co-workers are supportive and great to work with.

Management is not on the same page with each other. They also will "play dumb" when a change occurs. Lack of support to staff from management team.

Constant changes in each role for field staff and office staff.

Not guaranteed hours anymore.
Pros
Highbhourly rate, supportive immediate co-workers
Cons
Managment team, constant changes, lack of employee support
Not Worth It
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Disorganized, extremely costly benefits, and catty company. Lots of drama. They hired a full team, my team, just to slowly fire, lay off, or have quit (one person) everyone within three months. I just found out they fired their office manager and another employee for misconduct.
Terrible!
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 5, 2017
Accurate home care management staff provides no support to mid and entry level staff. They will ask you to take on someone's duties temporarily if they have left or been terminated and then never replace the position. You will then be left with double the workload with no extra compensation. If you report any issues regarding inappropriate/unwanted behavior from a co-worker Accurate will turn it around on you and tell you to keep a positive attitude and be a team player instead of handling the issue. The executive management team are all friends of the CEO they are under qualified and overpaid. Accurate put all office staff on a wage freeze while they built a new headquarters office with tv rooms, exercise equipment, and relaxation rooms. While satellite offices such as the one I worked in was in a unsafe area, and we had no hot water in water in our restroom. Please beware.
Pros
Some coworkers are great and helpful
Cons
Management, wages, benefits are incredibly expensive, blatant lies from management, unsafe work environment
Accurate Home Care
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Otsego, MNJanuary 2, 2017
New to the Medicare Home Care space from a long time Extended Hour Nursing agency. Learning and growing with positive changes.
The organizational leadership continues to move forward with a goal of quality client care. Employee retention is a struggle for them due to a variety of factors. Quality improvement efforts are slowly making progress with the clarification of process documentation, Auditing and policy development followed by staff training.
Very nice to work with and willing to work with me
LPN (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 24, 2016
I have had an excellent experience with Accurate. They have been very flexible and easy to work with. they communicate well and have been in touch with me as long as I've been on staff. They offer training as needed. Staff is polite and caring. Unfortunately there have not been any open positions within my geographic area.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Position availability
Awesome company
Assisting individual (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNOctober 19, 2016
In my perspective everyday at work is fun constructively, we work as team toward a common goal, creating a positive working atmosphere, and supporting each other to combine individual strengths to enhances team performance
Nothing much to say
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNOctober 17, 2016
I really don't have anything else to say regarding Accurate Home Care. It was hard to find clients to work with through them so I sought out other employment
Co workers are very supportive
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  North regionOctober 6, 2016
Accurate Home Care is a growing company, Co workers are supportive, easy to get a long with, helpful and fun.
The job duties are challenging and can occasionally be rewarding. There are some opportunities to grow in the company it does require you to live near the main office.
Pros
Fun and supportive co workers, challenging tasks
Cons
Short staff in the field
Great place to work!
Finance (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 30, 2016
Speaking from experience, Accurate is definitely a step up from other home care agencies on many levels. They have great company ethics and truly care for their clients and staff. They do try to recognize employees for a job well done, for the staff that truly go above and beyond on a regular basis. They heavily focus on ongoing training for field sta, however I do wish they would have additional ongoing training for internal staff as well. Overall this is a great company to work for!
Pros
Great work environment, internal promotions are often available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accurate Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval