ACCURAY

ACCURAY Employer Reviews

A complex Linear Accelerator-based Oncology System - a challenge to learn & to teach!
Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 16, 2013
The technology used to guide a 2800 pound robot to point a high energy, beam at the tumor with +/- 1 mm pointing accuracy was amazing and I never grew tired of teaching Service Engineers how the CyberKnife worked and what they would need to know to maintain, troubleshoot and repair it.

My colleague and I had to teach ourselves (and learn from Subject – more... Matter Experts) how the system computers, Targeting System components and Safety Systems worked, so that we could make the information clear and easy for the students to understand.

We expanded a light, two week class into an in-depth three week class (later I added a one week Install Class) that was more than 50% labs and troubleshooting. The FSE's would learn everything from how to drive the KUKA robot, to X-ray camera calibrations and checking Modulator waveforms on an oscilloscope.

It was always interesting and fun for students and trainers alike! – less
Productive workplace with strong product loyalty and support
Technical Support Engineer, Remote (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO areaMarch 12, 2013
Pros: worked from home, had regular hours, minimal drop-of-the-hat travel
Cons: too little hands-on work/training for new release options/upgrades
In my last position, my typical work day included working directly with customers, Field Engineers, Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering to address system issues at customer sites. This was done remotely via phone, email, and remote diagnostic programs.

Working with others to improve their system use experience, system performance and – more... reliability, and keeping the systems going was a fulfilling experience, daily. I enjoyed building relationships with customers and co-workers which better enabled me to resolve system issues expeditiously and improve customer satisfaction with system performance.

The hardest part of this job was that doing everything remotely meant some resolutions I knew could easily be addressed with hands on the system (as I learned when I was a Field Service Engineer - FSE), could not always be efficiently deployed remotely or even with the customers' assistance. Often, waiting for an FSE and/or parts to arrive on-site was most frustrating.

Additionally, as Technical Support, we worked remotely. When product improvements/options were released to the field, we did not always get adequate training before the releases. Therefore, we would be learning how to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the new releases as the FSEs were trying to perform the installations/upgrades, and we often felt under-prepared for these situations. However, it encouraged us to keep detailed notes, write supporting documentation, and share the information with FSEs during regular regional Technical Forum t-cons/webinars in order to better disemminate the information to alleviate the headaches as the installations/upgrades continued across the system install base. – less
Where hard work is appreciated
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: i nice group of intelligent people trying to work miracles!
Over all Accuray is a nice place to work. Very nice people that are willing to go the distance to get the job done!