ACCURAY Employee Reviews in United States

Once great work environment went downhill in the last three years or so.
Production Technician III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2016
When I started at this company it was TomoTherapy. They were a bit overzealous in their promotion of themselves. Accuray took over and began a pattern of downsizing to realign profits (non existent) to expectations. A typical day at work consisted of trying to figure out what was expected of me. Very little communication.

Through no fault of my co-workers, it became the "good ole boy system" as far as expectations and discipline was concerned. Lower level management operates on the favoritism model. As for my immediate supervisor, the manufacturing manager, if you sucked up to him you could do no wrong. If not,well expect to be discriminated against. HR was also involved in the preferential treatment system. I have never worked for a more inept, ineffective and inaccessible supervisor.

Fellow employees were friendly enough and the few golden boys enjoyed their untouchable status. The hardest part of my job? I had to practically beg to get my monthly one-on-one meeting with my supervisor. The most enjoyable part? Producing machines that gave cancer patients a little better chance of leading a longer, better life.
Pros
Good wages for lower level employees.
Cons
Cutting number of employees used to align profits to expectations from the market forecasts.
Nice place to work
Trainer/Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2015
The company has very nice management and the absolute greatest coworkers ever. The drawback is a little too much travel.
Pros
People
Cons
Travel
Nice place to work at
Sr. Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2015
I had a great manager. He was a great mentor. I learned a lot from him.

Work was very interesting and meaningful.
I had a sense of ownership of my project.
Cons
Company is NOT profitable
On Premise Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 17, 2014
Fun, busy work place, great atmosphere, and everyday is different.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
retail so schedule will varie
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2014
Serviced linear accelerators throughout western U.S.
Performed Preventative Maintenance.
Performed software and hardware upgrades.
Performed Quality Assurance and Physics Testing.
Pros
service linear accelerators and computer networking.
Cons
extensive travel throught western coast
A complex Linear Accelerator-based Oncology System - a challenge to learn & to teach!
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 16, 2013
The technology used to guide a 2800 pound robot to point a high energy, beam at the tumor with +/- 1 mm pointing accuracy was amazing and I never grew tired of teaching Service Engineers how the CyberKnife worked and what they would need to know to maintain, troubleshoot and repair it.

My colleague and I had to teach ourselves (and learn from Subject Matter Experts) how the system computers, Targeting System components and Safety Systems worked, so that we could make the information clear and easy for the students to understand.

We expanded a light, two week class into an in-depth three week class (later I added a one week Install Class) that was more than 50% labs and troubleshooting. The FSE's would learn everything from how to drive the KUKA robot, to X-ray camera calibrations and checking Modulator waveforms on an oscilloscope.

It was always interesting and fun for students and trainers alike!
Productive workplace with strong product loyalty and support
Technical Support Engineer, Remote (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO areaMarch 12, 2013
In my last position, my typical work day included working directly with customers, Field Engineers, Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering to address system issues at customer sites. This was done remotely via phone, email, and remote diagnostic programs.

Working with others to improve their system use experience, system performance and reliability, and keeping the systems going was a fulfilling experience, daily. I enjoyed building relationships with customers and co-workers which better enabled me to resolve system issues expeditiously and improve customer satisfaction with system performance.

The hardest part of this job was that doing everything remotely meant some resolutions I knew could easily be addressed with hands on the system (as I learned when I was a Field Service Engineer - FSE), could not always be efficiently deployed remotely or even with the customers' assistance. Often, waiting for an FSE and/or parts to arrive on-site was most frustrating.

Additionally, as Technical Support, we worked remotely. When product improvements/options were released to the field, we did not always get adequate training before the releases. Therefore, we would be learning how to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the new releases as the FSEs were trying to perform the installations/upgrades, and we often felt under-prepared for these situations. However, it encouraged us to keep detailed notes, write supporting documentation, and share the information with FSEs during regular regional Technical Forum t-cons/webinars in order to better disemminate the information to
  more... alleviate the headaches as the installations/upgrades continued across the system install base.  less
Pros
worked from home, had regular hours, minimal drop-of-the-hat travel
Cons
too little hands-on work/training for new release options/upgrades
Where hard work is appreciated
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2012
Over all Accuray is a nice place to work. Very nice people that are willing to go the distance to get the job done!
Pros
i nice group of intelligent people trying to work miracles!