Accuray Employee Reviews

struggling with strategic direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 21, 2017
Reactive on operational issues and many global silos

Extensive turnover at executive level

Great technology that helps cancer patients..............
Manager Complaint Handling
Manager, (Regulatory Compliance) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2017
It was an acceptable job overall. I did not enjoy the location of the job nor the weather. A few of the people were nice enough. The remainder I have very strong negative feelings about.
A technical delight still undergoing growing pains. Fantastic products just introduced, a tremendous backlog of interest/orders. Exciting..
Sr Manager Early Dev. Risk Management & CAPA (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 11, 2017
Having been part of the team that set the new standards (many in last 4 years) helped Accuray adjust and comply with them in a least cost, most value added manner, just wish I could have finished before being laid off but China orders fell short of expectations. Great products, fantastic technology, a company ready to bloom with plenty of orders in the pipeline, they are poised to do great things.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Growing pains, management changes.
Fast pace job standing all day and must be very carfull with mail sorts it has to be complted
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJuly 29, 2017
I did not receive one. You are sorting 1500 pieces of mail per hour and it has to be completed you are timed by the hour and must complete at least 8 carts of mail for the day it is a temporary position.
Cons
A very easy place to work
Field service engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 11, 2017
This is a on call job the equipment that we work on is used by customer from 7am to 5 pm if it is working they are treating this means that all maintenance is done after hours this also means you have time during the day to do what you want is everything is working
Pros
Work from home, car
Cons
Work nights and some weekends
great company
Eastern Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2017
Responsible for education of the Cyber Knife, a $7mm non-invasive radio surgical robotic device that targets and destroys tumors of the brain and spinal cord to Acute Care Hospitals, CEOs, Neurosurgeons, Radiologists and Interventional Radiologists.
* Presenting to Neurosurgeons, Oncologists and Radiologist on the latest laser radio surgery procedures’
Pros
great benefits
Comfortable place to work
Accounting and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 22, 2017
Workplace was friendly. My manager was great. Monthly close was typical. One upper management made things difficult for our group by not doing his job, but micromanaging our group.
Pros
Free food and teambuilder activities
Cons
No additional disability
Good medical technology
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 7, 2017
Good medical technology, but management team needs to work together. Too much seperation within senior management and employees. Too much politics, if you don't know someone from the management team, working here can have no career advancement.
Overall culture and co-workers was great
Supervisor Development Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2017
Great co-workers and smart people who are making difference in people life. Management did't know the complete release process and collaboration among different department and products were not good which resulted in delay of product release.
A great place to learn and grow
Research Physicist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 18, 2017
A great place to learn. Extremely helpful and generous staff. A lot of opportunities to use your creativity. Staff work in teams, and are very collaborative. The most enjoyable part of the job to develop a technology that saves lives!
Good company
Service Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 27, 2016
The work environment in Sunnyvale is very good. They try and lift the company moral up whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job is working for a company where it's so hard to improve processes. Even when we pay to help improve processes, we fail to follow the process correctly.
Once great work environment went downhill in the last three years or so.
Production Technician III (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2016
When I started at this company it was TomoTherapy. They were a bit overzealous in their promotion of themselves. Accuray took over and began a pattern of downsizing to realign profits (non existent) to expectations. A typical day at work consisted of trying to figure out what was expected of me. Very little communication.

Through no fault of my co-workers, it became the "good ole boy system" as far as expectations and discipline was concerned. Lower level management operates on the favoritism model. As for my immediate supervisor, the manufacturing manager, if you sucked up to him you could do no wrong. If not,well expect to be discriminated against. HR was also involved in the preferential treatment system. I have never worked for a more inept, ineffective and inaccessible supervisor.

Fellow employees were friendly enough and the few golden boys enjoyed their untouchable status. The hardest part of my job? I had to practically beg to get my monthly one-on-one meeting with my supervisor. The most enjoyable part? Producing machines that gave cancer patients a little better chance of leading a longer, better life.
Pros
Good wages for lower level employees.
Cons
Cutting number of employees used to align profits to expectations from the market forecasts.
Accuray
Manager of Development (Mechanical Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 23, 2016
I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by team leads.
I only wish the pay was a bit higher. Because of this, I doubt if I will be able to work here for very long. But for the time being, I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.
Nice place to work
Trainer/Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2015
The company has very nice management and the absolute greatest coworkers ever. The drawback is a little too much travel.
Pros
People
Cons
Travel
Nice place to work at
Sr. Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2015
I had a great manager. He was a great mentor. I learned a lot from him.

Work was very interesting and meaningful.
I had a sense of ownership of my project.
Cons
Company is NOT profitable
Passionate people
Training Operations PM/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2015
Very passionate people who are making a difference in the treatment of cancer. Treatment Centers world wide has our products
Rewarding job
Production Technician 4 (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2014
It's nice to work at a place where you can make a difference in peoples life's. Great coworkers just like family.

The hardest part about the job is meeting a schedule that changes on a daily because you want to do a good job and make the customer happy.
Pros
great benefits. vacation time
Cons
Not knowing long term schedules so you plan personal time.
On Premise Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 17, 2014
Fun, busy work place, great atmosphere, and everyday is different.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Retail so schedule will varie
Accuray is an AWFUL company to work for!!!
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 13, 2014
When you have a manager named who lies to you constantly, has other co-workers feeding him negative, mis-informantion, and then he passes that to his looser IT co-workers california, you have the ingredients of one of the WORST employers on the planet. Any company that employs the caliber of people accuray employs should be out of business, which they will be eventually...
Pros
None!
Cons
to many to name in one lifetime!
Accuray Review
Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 23, 2014
Gained more experience in Manufacturing Finance area which including production planning, cost saving, outsourcing, material purchasing, manufacturing overhead etc.