Accuride Corporation Employee Reviews

no team work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 29, 2018
management decisions based on personal gain. Little to no consideration for safety, quality, product, people or the betterment of the company. Employees are just trying to survive. It is impossible to implement anything positive in this environment.
Pros
Always busy, mandatory overtime, make as much as you want
Cons
stressful, no team work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Accuride was a very fast paced company and a great place to work. Full of potential. Proud to say that I worked there. The company stands behind their employees.
Teamwork
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCSeptember 22, 2017
Best job I ever had with best coworkers I ever had. Challenging and continual learning experience day to day. Always felt appreciated and rewarded for job well done.
Nice building, safe
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 11, 2017
Pay and benefits are very good for this market. Building and facilities are very nice. There are problems with some of the management as far as trust, professionalism and mutual respect
Pros
Salary
Sales/Marketing Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 17, 2017
Accuride provided a great internship opportunity to gain business knowledge and prepare its interns for their first career. Business is tied to auto/shipping industry and very cyclical
Pros
supportive of growth and development
Cons
cyclical business
work / balance
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 22, 2017
I learned a tremendous amount information about the manufacturing process as a whole and how it interacts with other business systems. Great place to work. Employees were very easy to get along with and so was the staff
Pros
A lot of overtime available
Cons
Difficult work / life balance
Accuride
Value Stream Manager, Drum Machining (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 9, 2017
Great facility and people. Everyone has high spirits and push hard to achieve all goals given by management. Can not say a bad thing about this plant.
Pros
Cons
Area
Demanding and alot of responsibility, but very rewarding and felt highly regarded as a person of integrity. Always felt I had a lot to give to the Co
Project Coordinator/Legal (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2017
. A typical day was mandated by deadlines, which were governed by all of the executive team's calendars. I was expected to work on my own with very little supervision to ensure upper management was kept abreast of deadlines (meetings, travel, conference calls, etc.).
. My workplace culture involved a great deal of multi-tasking and prioritizing based upon executive deadlines and to be extremely efficient, as I dealt with the SEC filings and most of what I produced came out yearend in the proxy.
. The hardest part of my job was learning how to manage the equity administration program for the executive committee and board members and reporting data in SEC filings, keeping abreast of security (RSU and Options) vestings, working closely with payroll and brokerage firms in their calculations/deposits as well as loading into Equity Admin system (EASi) that was relatively new to the corporation.
. I really enjoyed working with the Board of Directors and participating in Board meetings and making sure board material was prepared efficiently and downloaded into the appropriate software (BoardLink) prior to the board meetings. A great deal of organization internally was involved from everyone as a team to make sure it was done efficiently between me and the CEO's assistant.
Wonderful Place
Quality Control Technician II (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCFebruary 21, 2017
I wish our Camden location would have stayed in operation. This was a wonderful company to work for that did not mind investing in your future. Overall wonderful environment.
Pros
Good enviroment and People
Cons
They ceased operation
Good Company
Storeroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed company, but always trying to streamline inventory control by using vendor managed procedures. so when budgets came around for the net year, they were always looking to cut salary people
Discriminating,racism and favoritism
Coolantech (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 6, 2016
Had very difficult time because of Favoritism and Untrustworthy Union border members..
Money being taken from Union members with no assistance...
Union and company in cahoots
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Format
Inovative work place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 3, 2015
Good work place that is advancing in the technology that is being used to increase productivity. There is a lot of opportunity and experience that can be gained while working with a well organized and efficient management staff/
Accuride Henderson
Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYApril 27, 2015
The people in Henderson are great to work with. There are some very talented and intelligent people work for this facility. The accomplishments of the manufacturing operations speak for themselves.
Knowledge and Promotions
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 2, 2014
I had gained more knowledge as to how that size of a corporation operates.
The personnel that I had supervised respected me as their team leader and mentor.
That I was promoted to upper positions.
Pros
Knowing how to make a product the way the consumers wanted
Cons
n/a
Challenging and productive environment
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 28, 2014
Fast paced, challenging and overall comfortable atmasphere
Accuride was one of my favorite companies
Manager of Controls & Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 14, 2014
Accuride was the springboard for my career. It was the best environment I have ever worked in. If they had not relocated my facility to Canada I would still be working for them.
Pros
Learning experience
good shop job
CNC Machinist / Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2014
long days
ISO9000
good management
good co-workers
good pay
unstable management and poor training.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 22, 2014
took a position as a temp and was hired to take the place of someone moving in the company. As soon as I was hired my manager was moved also her replacement had NO idea what she was doing and my job evaluations was based on someone who had my position for 8 years and quit a year before I started. The fact that the guy whom I was replacing was leaving so quickly should have been a sign. He was suppose to train me but was quickly over whelmed with his new job and "forgot" how to do the job he was suppose to train me for. Then they fired me for taking medical leave.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellabell GAAugust 2, 2013
Organization slowly moving in the right direction. Top Heavy in Management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Product Development
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMarch 21, 2013
Enjoy the aluminum wheel design of stylized wheels for customers. Ford, GM, Navistar, Mack, and Peterbuilt. Great opportunity. Management was good, co-workers were great. Trying to advance in the company was hard. Developing in the R&D.
Pros
paid for my education
Cons
above