AccuSoft Employee Reviews

Great work/life balance
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Every organization I have worked for has their pro's and their con's. For me, the best part of working for Accusoft is that I know they care about my family and me. It is rare to be a part of an organization that cares about its employees and integrates employee feedback and suggestions as much as Accusoft tries to do. I know not every suggestion or idea is possible, but I appreciate that they listen and are open to hearing us. I also enjoy being surrounded by some of the smartest employees in Tampa and the challenge it brings to my role and learning environment it creates. I'd like to see us continue to provide fun and interactive social events and encourage our leadership team to continue to listen, learn, and support our employees; help us turn our potential into success.
Pros
Awesome company sponsored events, work with very smart co-workers, and work for an owner that cares about his employees.
Cons
Sometimes takes too long to make tough business decisions, need to see more discussion around vision/goals of Accusoft and product direction
Smartest people, great technology in Tampa
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2017
I've been here 11 years. I've worked at other companies, big and small. This one is a good in-between size where I still get to wear many hats and there isn't too much bureaucracy.

The managers do a great job in hiring really smart people and it makes a big difference. We work on some really great technology, web and backend, UI and algorithm, etc.
Work/life balance is good. Lots of fun events, like happy hours, first Friday breakfast, etc.
Pros
Smart people, fun products to work on
Cons
Whiny people on job boards
Good environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2017
Excellent work environment with good teamwork and communication, free snacks, good benefits, good leadership, and company events. Leadership acknowledges and supports improvements where needed.
Pros
Good work life balance, data driven goals
Company strives for innovation and encourages employees to try new technology
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2017
Management can do better at improving work/ life balance and career path/ growth
Diverse technology stack makes it always an interesting place to work.
The CEO does well in engaging with all employees.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Accountant Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
a day consisted of reviewing old accounts. we were allowed to take a fair amount of breaks in order to get a snacks, bathrooms, and stretching legs/ walking around. Management was fairly relaxed, although they trusted us to work hard. the Workplace culture was very relaxed, we were allowed to listen to music as long as we got work done. the hardest part of the job was occasionally the AC would stop and it would get a little steamy, especially in Florida. the most enjoyable part of the job were the social luncheons on fridays.
Pros
Luncheons, pool tables, and relaxed/and mature environment
Cons
the Air Conditioner was "spotty"
Terrible Leadership
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
Executive team has no goals or strategy. Deceptive VP of Sales. Toxic atmosphere with too much lying and back-stabbing. VP of Product has no clue how to do actual product development. CEO spends his time surfing social media and harassing employees with his political views.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Company doesn't have a future.
Get in, advance to the title you need, get a job elsewhere
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2017
This company isn't nearly as bad as the other reviews state, but I can definitely see areas where there is truth to what they are saying. This company is ideal for someone who needs to boost there resume. The turnover rate is inexcusably high, but that means if your the least bit component, youll advance fast. Just remember, when you start to feel the tide turning against you, it's time to jump ship. The pay is low and the pay bumps for promotions don't compare to the rest of the area. I don't agree with the micromanaging. I'm sure it varies depending on your department, but I have the most freedom I've ever had at any job. The work load is obnoxious and will likely be the reason I leave the company.
Pros
Snacks provided daily. Interesting work.
Cons
Work load doesn't allow for work life balance.
Was a great company at one time, it sucks now.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
They have no real idea,what they want to do, missed many opportunities.

Are too concerned about micro-managing everyone, spend too much time on policy and procedures. Don't like people that disagree with them, especially on politics, if you aren't a liberal democrat, keep quiet or get berated by the CEO.

If the management likes you, your job is safe no matter how many times you have caused us to get sued, if you are not liked, you will be replaced by incompetent people.

Offices are in the hood, a hodge podge of buildings, we constantly get moved around, some are 4 to an office using old doors as desks.
Pros
Cons
micro management, no suppirt from management, dishonest CEO.
Look for another option
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2016
This company is so bad I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there. 1. The pay is almost laughable. They will promise big numbers in bonus but you will never see them there turn over rate is outrageous mainly because management doesn't have a clue. They claim they had a sales manager, but the person had no idea how to even begin a sales campaign much less coach anyone on how to even prospect for new business. They try and manage by intimidation, but as most good managers know, that always causes the employee to look for another company while they simply show up for a pay check. I was here six months and knew by month 2 the manager was inept and clueless and so started looking for different employment.

Don't ruin your resume by working here because you won't stay long.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Uneducated salesman called sales manager who doesn't have any clue on how to be a sales manager.
Don't waste your time or resume
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
Never worked for a more upside-down and backwards company. Poor leadership, no interdepartmental communication, archaic business model, terrible sales model. High turnover rate, technology that is outdated and falling behind their competitors daily. Little to no net worth growth. They rely on excuses instead of proactive change.

Unless you want to be searching for another position at a company within 6 - 8 months, don't waste your time. In the time I was there, I had seen over 20 good people come and go, from upper management to tech support and development.
Pros
Decent pay scale (for the short time you are there)
Cons
Poor leadership, No growth, High turnover rate, No communication
Accusoft
Desktop Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2015
Accusoft was a fun workplace with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. I think they've prepared me for my next step in my career and I will miss them dearly.
Pros
Free Snacks and Sodas, Relaxed dress code, Social Activities
Cons
None!
The corporate culture is poisonous
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlMay 20, 2015
The turnover is terrible and most employees are looking for another job. Leadership has minimal professional corporate management skills you might expect: there is no legitimate feedback mechanism or training, they insult employees and rampage often. Each area of the company is separated and run by a different partner, they all despise each other and it shows in the profanity coming from the management offices and the gray cloud of negativity, apathy and subordination that hangs over the employees. The company is at war with itself: feedback is solicited often but any employee that cannot muster up false enthusiasm is quickly ostracized and critical thinking is not tolerated.
Management is fat there is no upward mobility: talks about crossing the chasm; but nobody at the company has read the book. If they had they would know that Moore's theories only apply to disruptive or discontinuous innovations. Adoption of continuous innovations that do not force a significant change of behavior by the customer are still best described by the original technology adoption lifecycle. Confusion between continuous and discontinuous innovation and an unsophisticated management team is their Achilles heel: the cause of this organizations’ revenue stagnation and the reason why it has never been acquired. This company can be best described a s being a laggard; they are struggling to release new integrations most of their competitors have shipped years ago. The company would be considered a "serf" in Moore's book: an "also-ran" in a market with undifferentiated products, entering and
  more... exiting product categories opportunistically based on short lived power advantages and suing captive customers. If you have any doubts just search for legal documents on the company. They purchase more innovative smaller companies and have become a graveyard where promising ideas go to die.
This is truly a place where good people suffer slowly with micro- managers who check the time you leave, bad air conditioning, leaky roofs and crack addicts wandering in the parking lot. There are free snacks, without which you would starve on the below market wages.
If you are considering working here you might want to consider employment at one of many Tampa gentlemen’s clubs where you will find a much less degrading work environment.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
Below market wages, micro-management critical thinking is not tolerated.
Proceed With Caution
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2012
Great products and work environment IF you are a developer. Everybody else is treated like a red headed step child. Zero training provided on the sales side. They give you a desk and say good luck. Very limited organization within the company.
Pros
unless your a developer, then you can waste time playing fooseball, and nobody cares.
Cons
no training, lack of internal communication, shoot from the hip management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccuSoft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9