Accutest Laboratories Employee Reviews

Great place to work, felt more like a big family working together.
Sample Processor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Working with my coworkers was more fun than just a place of employment. Teamwork was at such a high standard that it made daily duties easy. We all took care of our individual responsibilities and that lead to a very cohesive unit. Managers were all capable and we all got along perfectly as a department. The most enjoyable part of the job was that no one felt more important than the department as a whole. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of your required shift. Each and every day I learned to be able to fill in for any other persons responsibilities.
Pros
overtime
Cons
working in the cold elements during winter
Cool place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJNovember 18, 2015
Very lenient and you learn a lot. Co-workers are very friendly. The SOPs are very straight forward and easy to follow. A typical day would be working on about 5-12 batches (each batch has a maximum of 20 samples) and you follow the SOPs to complete each batch appropriately. I learned a lot about different laboratory instruments and how to do certain samples, as well as different ways to extract a sample if it's texture or odor is different or hard to deal with when extracting it using the typical SOP. Management is very friendly and happy to help and teach whenever you need it. The hardest part of the job is leaving because theres so much to do and so little time, but its very fun.
Average place to work for a recent graduate
Lab Tech and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton NJFebruary 8, 2014
If you are looking to get your feet wet and get professional experience working in a lab then this is the place to go. If you are looking to develop your career and ground yourself with an employeer you may want to keep looking, unless you are looking to aquire a managerial or leadership position. While there are plenty of opportunities to learn new tests and aquire many fundamental lab skills and techniques this is only possible due to the high employee turnover rate. Not many people stay long. The benefits are average and the health plan could be better. The pay is questionable but if you are a recent grad then this would be just fine.
Pros
Great for gaining professional experience.
Cons
Maybe not the greatest place to ground yourself.
THE WORST EVER. Sexist, stressful, low-paying
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 14, 2015
Accutest Laboratories is the very worst. Every day there is too much to do, managers barking orders without ever helping, and extremely old equipment falling apart. They also will undervalue you and your work and pay you accordingly.

The instruments are older than I am and they refuse to put money into their infrastructure at the expense of your sanity. They are always underperforming and breaking. Management is no help, and will not advocate for you or help you in any tangible way.

Managers are sexist and pay accordingly. Don't expect HR to help you with any issues. They also engage in illegal activities.

As for work-life balance, prepare to have none if you decide to work here. You will end up staying late most nights and come in most weekends when it is a busy time, which is really hit or miss as to when that will be. Other times, you will be bored out of your mind.

Good luck if you are desperate for a job and decide to work here. I hope you reconsider.
Pros
Bagels on payday. This is literally the only good thing
Cons
Management is terrible, instruments are old, employees underpaid
It's terrible place to work
GC/GCMS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 3, 2014
No benefits, no 401k, no good raise, no good management. They treated every employee at different level. If you are their favorite, they would treat you nicely, otherwise, they tried to find any reason to lay you off or fire you without any acceptable reasons.
Not a good place to work
GC/GCMS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 31, 2015
* No raise after gaining experiences
*Poor management
*Unfairness
*Poor coworker
*good place for fresh graduated starting
*Not good place to place in long term
Worst Job Ever
Scientist (Former Employee) –  DaytonSeptember 10, 2012
You work very hard for pay thats not competitive. Management operates through intimidation and the benefits are horrible. Only a good job if youre still in college.
Pros
they hire anyone = experience
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2016
There's always something to do to keep yourself busy regardless of department. The dynamic environment allows for constant learning. Interesting and diverse coworkers, but the teamwork is hard to develop.
good first job, not much room to move
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2015
great that they take people straight out of college. not great training, ok management, ok benefits.
Disgruntled employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJOctober 27, 2012
You work very hard for little pay but when you're just out of college, it's one of the few ways you can get experience. Management only focuses on the negative and doesn't give you feedback when you ask how to fix what you're doing wrong (particularly if you work in organics). It seems like they'd rather spend money on renovation and a TV's in the cafeteria and lobby than on keeping employees. And despite what the lobby TV says, they don't actually care about the environment when there's a lack of recycling in some of the labs. All surface, no substance. Their biggest priorities are profits and looking good for the client.

I heard the Massachusetts location has a better work environment so maybe the low morale is just in NJ. I'm oversimplifying this but moral of the story is free coffee and bagels don't make for happy employees
Pros
meeting lifelong friends, free coffee/tea, free bagels on payday, random pizza parties. if you need a job, it's a job
Cons
no acknowledgement of a good job, poor pay compared to similar jobs, not actually caring about the environment. day shift gets brunt of work
Needs to value employee more
Chemical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Compensation is lacking, for the amount of work output. Job security is very high, but in exchange for lack of adequate compensation.
Bad Company
n/a (Former Employee) –  n/aDecember 25, 2012
This company was very hard to work for. Management was terrible, they treat people like they are worthless. No incentives, high turnover and bad pay/benefits.
Cons
everything
Management issues trickling down to general workplace morale
Organic Extractions Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 23, 2013
Typically at work, a schedule is posted with our day's work. We work to the best of our ability, following SOPs, to finish all the assigned work for the day. I've refined my solid-liquid extraction technique and learned various test codes utilized throughout the Accutest corporation.

Management has been spotty, unfortunately. My original supervisor was removed from her position due to poor performance and our lab was put under the supervision of two different people. This sparked a variety of problems and brought to light some other issues that management had pushed under the table. The most problematic was overworking the technicians and refusing to pay overtime.

My co-workers are the reason the job is bearable. We talk and laugh with one another and try to help eachother out whenever possible. We work together as best we can and it's how we get through the day.

The hardest part of the job is the management and the treatment of the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork exhibited by my co-workers to pull through the poor management, payment issues, and poor working conditions.
Steady schedule and busy work days
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJJuly 26, 2013
Since I started at Accutest my job has stayed the same but responsibilities for my position have increased. My fellow co-workers are what make the work day interesting and enjoyable. The management staff is not the greatest but is not the worst I have come across. There is a huge communication problem between upper management that trickles down to the supervisors and so fourth. Overall it's not the worst job I've had but is hardly the best.
Work hard for less
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJSeptember 6, 2012
It is only a good job for someone in college or out of college. Very poor pay and very less overtime. They even make you work extra hours and then donot pay for that.
Pros
good first job
Cons
poor management
Used to be better
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJFebruary 5, 2013
Not the worst place,but not the best either. Management is not organized and doesn't like to pay you what you are worth.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lower pay than market value.
Nice Workplace
Waste Water Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2012
Friendly personnal and a fun workplace, management is great and the hardest part of the job is the heat
A real great company to work. The people are very freindly. A good environmet.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Safe environment, great environment, employee functions are great
Pros
a great mixture of culture
Cons
no cons
Career starter.
Sample Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJAugust 28, 2012
Accutest does a wonderful job cultivating young careers in the commercial laboratory business.
a typical work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJMay 8, 2013
typical day at work 9 to 5
wasn't much interacted
job was pretty easy
management was just okay
Pros
free coffee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accutest Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9