Accutest Laboratories

Accutest Laboratories Employer Reviews

Average place to work for a recent graduate
Lab Tech and Analyst (Former Employee), Dayton NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great for gaining professional experience.
Cons: maybe not the greatest place to ground yourself.
If you are looking to get your feet wet and get professional experience working in a lab then this is the place to go. If you are looking to develop your career and ground yourself with an employeer you may want to keep looking, unless you are looking to aquire a managerial or leadership position. While there are plenty of opportunities to learn new – more... tests and aquire many fundamental lab skills and techniques this is only possible due to the high employee turnover rate. Not many people stay long. The benefits are average and the health plan could be better. The pay is questionable but if you are a recent grad then this would be just fine. – less
Needs to value employee more
Chemical Analyst (Current Employee), Dayton, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Compensation is lacking, for the amount of work output. Job security is very high, but in exchange for lack of adequate compensation.
No comment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Dayton, NJAugust 31, 2013
Free bagels every payday.
Inefficient work environment.
Let their clients step all over them.
Steady schedule and busy work days
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Dayton, NJJuly 26, 2013
Since I started at Accutest my job has stayed the same but responsibilities for my position have increased. My fellow co-workers are what make the work day interesting and enjoyable. The management staff is not the greatest but is not the worst I have come across. There is a huge communication problem between upper management that trickles down to the – more... supervisors and so fourth. Overall it's not the worst job I've had but is hardly the best. – less
a typical work
Analyst (Former Employee), Dayton, NJMay 8, 2013
Pros: free coffee
typical day at work 9 to 5
wasn't much interacted
job was pretty easy
management was just okay
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 7, 2013
Pros: good work hours
Great Place to Work
Great co-workers and good environment.

Good experience for entry level position.
Hard work for fun time
Current employee (Current Employee), East Coast, USMay 5, 2013
the hardest part of the job is going home. What I learned in school did not prepare me for the 'real world' of industry. Here you learn something everyday, not just about your job but about the people about you.
Used to be better
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Dayton, NJFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lower pay than market value.
Not the worst place,but not the best either. Management is not organized and doesn't like to pay you what you are worth.
Management issues trickling down to general workplace morale
Organic Extractions Technician (Current Employee), Dayton, NJJanuary 23, 2013
Typically at work, a schedule is posted with our day's work. We work to the best of our ability, following SOPs, to finish all the assigned work for the day. I've refined my solid-liquid extraction technique and learned various test codes utilized throughout the Accutest corporation.

Management has been spotty, unfortunately. My original supervisor – more... was removed from her position due to poor performance and our lab was put under the supervision of two different people. This sparked a variety of problems and brought to light some other issues that management had pushed under the table. The most problematic was overworking the technicians and refusing to pay overtime.

My co-workers are the reason the job is bearable. We talk and laugh with one another and try to help eachother out whenever possible. We work together as best we can and it's how we get through the day.

The hardest part of the job is the management and the treatment of the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork exhibited by my co-workers to pull through the poor management, payment issues, and poor working conditions. – less
Bad Company
n/a (Former Employee), n/aDecember 25, 2012
Cons: everything
This company was very hard to work for. Management was terrible, they treat people like they are worthless. No incentives, high turnover and bad pay/benefits.
Disgruntled employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, NJOctober 27, 2012
Pros: meeting lifelong friends, free coffee/tea, free bagels on payday, random pizza parties. if you need a job, it's a job
Cons: no acknowledgement of a good job, poor pay compared to similar jobs, not actually caring about the environment. day shift gets brunt of work
You work very hard for little pay but when you're just out of college, it's one of the few ways you can get experience. Management only focuses on the negative and doesn't give you feedback when you ask how to fix what you're doing wrong (particularly if you work in organics). It seems like they'd rather spend money on renovation and a TV's in the cafeteria – more... and lobby than on keeping employees. And despite what the lobby TV says, they don't actually care about the environment when there's a lack of recycling in some of the labs. All surface, no substance. Their biggest priorities are profits and looking good for the client.

I heard the Massachusetts location has a better work environment so maybe the low morale is just in NJ. I'm oversimplifying this but moral of the story is free coffee and bagels don't make for happy employees – less
Worst Job Ever
Scientist (Former Employee), DaytonSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: they hire anyone = experience
Cons: everything else
You work very hard for pay thats not competitive. Management operates through intimidation and the benefits are horrible. Only a good job if youre still in college.
Work hard for less
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, NJSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: good first job
Cons: poor management
It is only a good job for someone in college or out of college. Very poor pay and very less overtime. They even make you work extra hours and then donot pay for that.
Career starter.
Sample Management Team Leader (Current Employee), Dayton, NJAugust 28, 2012
Accutest does a wonderful job cultivating young careers in the commercial laboratory business.
National Environmental Lab
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2012
Working as a Business Development Manager for the third Largest Environmnetal Laboratory in the Country. Sales Goals consist on new business opportunities.

May 5, 2013

Really???!!!??

Nice Workplace
Waste Water Field Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2012
Friendly personnal and a fun workplace, management is great and the hardest part of the job is the heat
A real great company to work. The people are very freindly. A good environmet.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: a great mixture of culture
Cons: no cons
Safe environment, great environment, employee functions are great