Accuvant Employee Reviews

Well-respected company for a reason
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Home officeMay 5, 2015
Accuvant supplied me with a secure laptop so that I could travel or work from home, as their clients are typically all over the map. Most of my work was from my home office via conference calls and e-mails, with some travel early on for a face-to-face with the client.

Most of my co-workers were freelance like myself, but veterans with Accuvant. Challenges were few, and mostly consisted of managing the time zone difference between east and west-coast office hours.
Mundane job, terrible mangement
Renewals Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, coOctober 27, 2014
This was one of the most miserable jobs I have ever had, with the unspoken expectation of consistently putting work over "life" and not being rewarded or recognized for it.
Accuvant
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 4, 2013
Accuvant is a good company to work for based on the following criteria:

1. Pay to Industry Standards
2. Promote from within the company
3. Opportunities to learn different technology
4. IT Security Industry leaders
A step backwards
SIEM Security Analyst II (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 15, 2013
Pros: some good coworkers
Cons: management, no 401k matching, very poor compensation packages
Very hectic environment
Poor leadership
Bad Compensation
Major account Manager
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2013
Pros: compensation and developing new relationships
Cons: sales support
Opened new office and developed new accounts. Accuvant was new in Northwest Arkansas but had major identification in larger markets.
Data Center Operations Admin
Data Center Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 26, 2013
Pros: allowed me to work independantly and to execute time sensitvie project with a high success rate.
Cons: the position was a contract for 2yrs due to california state laws, i was there for 2yrs 10 months.
My typical day consisted of maintaining 2 of the largest data centers in the world for Experian Consumer Direct, from racking and stacking and cabling servers, to inventory control on all tech refresh servers, was responsible for replacing any bad hardware to replacing interface cards, to building servers and pushing code to them. Also one of my job descriptions was to send out weekly back-up tapes and replace new tapes for production rotation. Updating data center rack layout, reviewing and planning on server replacement and coordination with networking teams and QA team for testing servers that are being placed in production. This was an ideal position for me for the fast paste environment and detail orientated position.
Upbeat employees, plenty of senior support, university-grade training, great pay but VERY DISORGANIZED!
Former SIEM Analyst (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch, flexiblity, learn somethign new daily
Cons: turnover, lack of stable management, dead end positions with no advancement opportunity
I'm a former SIEM consultant, for 9 months, I worked out of Hanover, Maryland. Colleagues here let you ask all the questions you want and never tire or get sick of you asking how something works or how to do a particular task on a security monitoring software program. We use a lot of network monitoring programs and security appliances here. Predominately, the majority of support we provide deals with McAfee products. McAfee support entails 60% of our customer base.

The pay is a bit above average for an entry level analyst just starting his or her career. expect 50k - 60k if you are fresh in the industry but you can easily make 6 figures here if you know your stuff. Problem is the window of opportunity for advancement is not very big.We don't got many chiefs here so expect to be an Indian.

Turnover is a big issue here, not because of any personnel problems. Management here is very friendly here. Expect to be treated like an esteemed member of the team both by your peers and superiors alike. Problem is the advancement potential at Accuvant ('least in Hanover) is so few and far between. Employees who tend to become more experienced while they hone their craft here tend to want more and there isn't more to give. Employees will feel complacent staying in the current role they were initially hired in and then leave for bigger challenges and more money. If you re hired as an analyst, expect to stay analyst till you either quit or are terminated. That said, senior employees with experience behind them don't stick around long for fear of becoming stagnant or complacent. They can't – more... afford to lose anybody so if you need job security the leverage is in favor of the employee which is pretty rare.

One huge surprise is that there is very little micromanagement. The overbearing style of most traditional workplaces doesn't seem of analysts and consultants from managers. Nobody will be huffing and breathing down your back and you don't have to worry about someone snooping into your cubicle to check and see if you are doing your work. System Logs, Outlook and Remedy are pretty good about doing this for you. If you ain't on point here at Accuvant, everybody will know. Since our work load is distributed amongst the whole team, your peers will keep you in line if you slack off because nobody wants to be stuck doing double the work when there is ample staff to cover things.

If you are used to having to be told what to do you will have to adapt quickly to becoming a self-starter and motivated to know what to do when an alert comes in. While trainings are regularly held on the premises, you are expected to read, retain and review a vast amount of book knowledge and procedure documentation to help you get through your duties. That said, working at Accuvant is 30% actual work product monitoring clients networks while I'd say 60% is learning and training oriented. the rest can be chalked up to research and of course the administrative paper fuddling that everybody hates. Remote/Telecommute work opportunites are available for tenured employees. You are eligible for full health benefits on your first day. Transportation assistance is available as well and we have alot of other cool perks including free lunches and lavish Christmas parties where the company buys YOU a drink, and not talking the cheap stuff either. Prepare to be spoilt if you happen to be a prospect future talent here.

Management just seems to be a little bit disorganized. A lot of senior leaderships come and go and the VPs come and go. We answer more to our customers than we do you our managers so expect to have a new supervisor every 6 to 9 months.

I left when a 160k opportunity came in the pipeline and I was not going to pass that up.

I give Accuvant a 4 out of 5 stars.

-Frank G. – less
Great company
Talent Acquisition Specialist - North America (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 13, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: compensation sub par
Excellent company with forward thinking team and great service offering. A leader in the Info Security Consulting space.

My typical day/month
I handle 12-20 Sales and Pre-Sales req'sin any given month. I manage my own full life cycle desk working with 12 plus Regional Sales Directors recruiting their talent, screening, interviewing, closing, background checks offer generation and on boarding.
I work with a great team of very smart people who are passionate about what they do and their contribution to our organization.

The hardest part of the job is two fold.
1. Keeping my sales managers focused and on track to close candidates.

2.Time management.. with a 100 million in growth in 2011 and 240+ hires in 2012 time management is critical.

What I love best about my job is that I am a key contributor to the companies bottom line by recruiting some of the best talent in the Info Sec community that are responsible for driving Millions of dollars in services revenues annually.. and the ability to work from my home officce
Needs a performance review process in place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2012
Pros: remote positions
Cons: no formal promotion/mid-career analysis, very little communication internally, sales people are very abrasive
While Accuvant is a good company to work for in some aspects with being 100% remote for most positions, however they don't have a "formal" performance/career process in place which can be a severe downfall for those seeking advancement in their career paths.

Be mindful also there's no performance bonus/promotion process in place so if you're in a non-sales generating position, more than likely you won't get a promotion. Finally, there are quite a few people that work here that need to take a "communication"/"business etiquette" course as they can be very harsh and abrasive people to work with.