ACE Cash Express Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 23, 2017
It was a very good experience for me to learn and grow with this company. I always gave 100% to my customers. I really enjoyed and dedicated myself to this job
Pros
Good environment and security
Cons
No hour lunch breaks until about 2weeks before I got layed off
Productive and great place to work for with awesome bonuses.
Customer Service Representative/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Productive and great place to work, The education they provide you on there company is endless. You never stop learning, which I love. I love meeting new people and helping others. The hardest part of this job was getting a customer who has had a bad day and my bubbly attitude couldn't make their day. I learned everything through this company from processing loans to sending a money gram transaction. I handled large sums of cash and made courtesy calls to customer everyday on loan reminder payments. I cashed checked work with the Brinks company to pick ups and deposits. Overall it is a awesome company to work for.
Pros
safe work environment and great bonus for products sold.
Cons
Can't leave the building once you got there the entire 8-10 shift.
Floating Center Manager
Floating Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Days are long but the work isn't hard. Dealing with rude obnoxious customers can be stressful. Co-workers are cool but you mostly work alone unless your at a real busy store then your with other people. Advancement is hard and you have to be best of the best to be considered for your own store manager position. Manager is great he listens and helps you do better. No break is a flaw here but on days when your not busy the whole day can be a break. You can't have any shortages in this company Ive watched a lot of people come and go because of it. Manager a little pushy about card sales and signing up accounts. Mystery shops can make you or break you here. I was written up for not saying hello when a customer walked in and i had 10+ people in line on my shop review lost my bonuses for that.
Pros
mostly 4 day work weeks, slow days are good, boss that cares, pay is pretty decent
Cons
long days, rude unruly customers, MYSTERY SHOPS SUCK!!! you dont say welcome to ace with a long line you get written up!!!!
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Ace is a very great place to work!! the only thin is you can't leave the office for a lunch breaks. overall the staff is great the pay is good and you can grow within the company.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no breaks
Its okay
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 14, 2017
This job is extremely laid back. You don't have a set schedule and there is no room for a second job. they promise you 40 hours and overtime.
Okay place to work
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44512February 3, 2017
Not a place to have a career but it is a job. When hired i was under the understanding i would work 40 hours i have only worked 40 hr one week since i started.
Warm, caring and helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
An excellent work experience for those over 50 who are searching for a job. This program is helpful and uplifting. I have learned so many new things and experienced a whole new world.
Fun work environment
Center Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Ace Cash Express, it gave me money handling and customer service experience. This was the first job where I really feel like i could help people and I enjoy doing that any way I can.
Great staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indpls. InFebruary 2, 2017
Definitely a place to work towards a lifetime career, however it was not of importance to some of higher management so would have liked to change that.
Pros
Possible advance in career
Cons
Not great leaders
Used to be a fun workplace
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Its not a bad company, made manager in a year by someone who believed in me. Benefits are nice, you usually work 10-12 hours a day not enough time for family life.
Pros
employee pay card
Cons
no breaks
Okay place to work
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I did not like the management. Supervisor was some what shady and unprofessional. I was fired after asking for maternity leave (2 weeks). But the pay was good ($15/hour) and my co workers kind. It is overall a good work environment.
Pros
decent pay, friendly environment
Cons
bad management
Rewarding
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 25, 2017
Ace is a good place to work for personal growth and development. They have goals that each associate have to reach which can be achieve through focus and hard work. The hardest part of the job for most employees is the long work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the great people you meet. Management is professional and flexible yet firm because of the ability to work at your own pace, it's important to make sure every employee is doing his or her part to help the center achieve the companies objective.
Pros
Safe enviroment
Cons
Long Hours
good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dale City, VAJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work consists of payday lending, check cashing, employee management, verifying checks and funds available. I worked with great people and the majority of my customers were very nice. I enjoyed working with the management. I embrace work challenges. They help me learn and grow.
great location in Irving off 114
real estate coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2017
this is a great place to work the atmosphere is clean the lunch room is nice. the customers are average people like you and me
Pros
the customer service experience
Cons
collection goals
work shifts
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
They were not good about creating a flexible schedule or providing appropriate breaks throughout long work shifts. Did not take into consideration the amount of hours we were working in just one day.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
schedule
I enjoyed the kind customers & putting a smile on the disgruntled customers face
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the life lessons that I learned in this place of business. There was no circumstance or situation I was unable to diffuse or put to rest with an unruly customer.
Pros
Very secure work environment
Cons
Never was able to have a lunch break due to not being able to lock the doors or leave the facility
Great customer interaction
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Best for singles with no children because you cannot leave for emergencies unless someone covers for you. You are held responsible for the success of your store so building customer relations is key.
Pros
Lots of sells incentives
Cons
No breaks during peak hours, cannot leave both until shift is over
Working at Ace Cash Express
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJanuary 14, 2017
It's basically a loan company but they do other things. They try to get the customers signed up for direct deposit they are really big on that. The hardest part was just trying to convince the customer to sign up and reaching your goal for that month.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 14, 2017
On a normal day you will either be by yourself or with another co-worker. It can be fast paced depending on a couple of factors.Co-workers are great! The work life balance can be complicated from the tricky hours that you can work. There can be times when you get over time and other times you dont.
Pros
Work by yourself.
Cons
Lunch breaks between customers.
Good Job
Floating Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
This is a good job to have. You will definitely learn alot working here. You meet new people everyday and learn how to multitask.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACE Cash Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9