ACE GROUP

ACE GROUP Employer Reviews

Believe The Reviews
Underwriter (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: lots of work little compensation
ACE is not a horrible company, but one particular department is which is Commercial Risk Services (CRS). Lots of nepotism, management is not knowledgeable and worst of all you are micro-managed.
NA
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMay 21, 2014
The company is in the middle of a major over hall with changes, They hire over 1000 sales people a year only to have over 90% leave after less then 3 months.
Very progressive
AVP - Global Financial Compliance (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: all about deliverables
It's not how hard you work, it's what you get done.
Very aggressive deliverables.
Less about work-life balance and more about getting things done.
Do not join this company if you want ANY family or home life.
Manager (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMarch 21, 2014
I would steer clear from joining this company at all costs. The management does not care if you have obligations outside of work. You are expected to drop everything and remain at work for as long as they feel it is necessary.
Chaotic and ineffective management
Former Sr. Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k
Cons: incompetent and politically motivated management, increasingly questionable reserve philosophies, the company is run by evan greenberg and the apple does not fall far from the tree.
It is hard to find technically competent claims management at ACE at this stage of the company's history. Sr. Management is much more concerned with solidifying power and protecting their political status within the organization then effectively adapting to challenges in industry. The ACE claims department has gone from an industry leader to chaos in – more... a short time frame. Multiple redundant reports are still completed by front line claims staff due as much to incompetence as well as the need of members of the management team to carve out their own political sphere of influence. Vendors and business partners are measured not by their effectiveness but their willingness to appease management and their personal relationships with members of the management team.
Mid-level management was promoted based not on their technical skills and capabilties as leaders but on personal favoritism.
There are large issues under the surface at ACE. – less
Very serious and organized
Administrative Assistant (Summer Intern) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed the experience to be 15 at that time it was a beautiful experience
Interesting work with fair work/life balance and good compensation
AVP, Corporate Pricing (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: interesting projects, compensation
Cons: little room for growth; micro-managing
This company is a great company to work for. However,...room for growth is highly manager dependent and there tends to be "pigeon-holing" if your manager does not desire you to move on in the company. Moreover, one is not allowed to seek an internal position without informing his/her manager first. Essentially, an employee is then stuck working for – more... the same individual in the same department. Work/life balance is better than at most companies but I rated it mediocre as it could be better. For example, given the type of work that I do does not involve much human interaction (almost none), there is very little reason why I have to beg to work remotely when one of my kids gets sick or I have commuting/logistical issues (like the cable guy coming to fix something or a doctor appointment near where I live which would cause me to have to leave earlier from the office than I would have to if I worked from home) or that if I leave the office at 4 45 instead of 5 00 PM (most days I am at the office until 6 00 PM or beyond), I am bound to have a voice mail from my boss with a shock that I am not in the office. The projects are fascinating. I am never bored. For the amount of work that I do relative to some of my peers in financial engineering, the compensation is excellent. – less
Stressful
Sr. Underwriting Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: the option to work from home.
Cons: no manuals, no formal procedures and no formal training and a backlog of work.
It is a place with no manuals, no formal procedures and a backlog of work.
Poor corporate culture
Claims (Former Employee), GeorgiaMay 17, 2013
Pros: benefits including 401k
Cons: poor management and lack of civility.
ACE sells itself to prospective employees as an engaging culture but this is a complete ruse. There has been significant turnover in the management and technical positions at ACE in the past 3 years. The new management cadre is self-serving and often technically incompetent. Many have virtually no prior experience managing direct reports and were not – more... selected for their people management capabilities but their dedication to deliver numbers regardless of whether those metrics have any ROI. AVP level management is incompetent and dedicated only to their career. Failing to realize that the success of supervisors and employess should be their chief objective. The company should be avoided by both new and experienced insurance professionals at this time. – less
Good place to work.
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2013
Good place to work. Busy day, time goes fast. Great co-workers. Management ok.
Sr. Mgt. lacks integrity and managerial skills
Claims (Current Employee), Southern zoneMarch 25, 2013
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: see comments
Ace is a financially stable compant with good underwriting discipline but questionable reserve accuracy. The cadre of new claims mgt. at the AVP level lacks integrity, honesty and any semblance of people skills. Their mantra is "this is a performance culture" which is often abused and in practice amounts to personal retribution for challenging Sr. Management. – more... The company should be avoided at this time. – less
Would be great if it lived up to its promises
Human resources partner (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaMarch 9, 2013
Pros: successful company
Cons: nepotism, little integrity, shallow leadership
Great company structure ... will always be successful. Lead executives are a good ol boy network. One lies the others will agree to keep their own protected. Extreme nepotism from the highest levels. Little integrity.
Company lacks integrity from the top down
Sr analysis (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMarch 2, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: company culture is a sham
ACE could be so much more; a true corporate leader. They have great products but they settle for so much less. Be careful of the highly nepotism based culture when it comes to more senior positions.
Glass Ceiling is Common Practice
Former Employee (Former Employee), Glenview, ILOctober 24, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no advancement in position or salary
The work was interesting but there is no advancement unless you're in the boys club. Management listens but doesn't act on anything. Salary increases are low or not at all.
Good Company
Assistant Underwriter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: paid education
Cons: when you have a specialty, hard to change careers within
10 years plus working for ACE Group. Supporting the underwriting department. Adapting to a younger culture. Good company. I've learned the most within the last 10 about the ins and outs insurance industry. Hardest part is changing careers within the company. Most enjoyable part is seeing the younger culture take an new approach to writing insurance.
Good place
IT Compliance & Security (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2012
No one bothers you as long as you get the job done. Very laid back work place
enjoyed working there
draftmanship (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: team lunch
i learned to handle difficult situations while working and my co-workers were supporting me in my workplace
Great Company and People to work with
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 9, 2014
ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Innovative NGO Services
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: salary
The company is providing good exposure to young grads giving them a first hand exposure to manage their lives on first hand,

About ACE GROUP

The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE – Read more